Sam’s Club Limit On Disney GC

nearlyfallinstar

The line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me!
I’m planning on buying discounted Disney gift cards through Sam’s Club. Their best deal has a 5 card limit per order. I’ll need to purchase six orders. Does anyone know how frequently I can place orders? One per day? Per week? TIA!

I’ve been buying gift cards through Sam’s. I’ve ordered them a couple weeks apart, but I think one order is limited to 5 and you could complete an order and then order more right away. They just won’t put more than 5 on one order.

I know every store has their own rules, but at Costco I've been able to purchase items that had a limit in back-to-back, but separate, transactions. You could always complete one order and then do a 2nd and see if it goes through and then go from there.

In store, BJs has a $500 per day limit, so I guess someone will have to ask Sam's since the other two warehouse clubs do it differently.

Just do multiple orders. The limit is per order. The $500 cards are one per order, so I usually just stand at self checkout and buy, pay, repeat until I have the total I need. The only reason I have a Sam's card is for the discounted Disney gift cards. I was sad to see they recently went up on price for their $500 cards (2nd price increase within the last 2 yrs).

What are the prices of the sams club Disney gift cards? I'm wondering if it is worth the cost of membership for the savings to pay off my cruise.

I was getting them from bjs, but they don't seem to have them anymore.

2 years ago when I started, a $500 card was $475. Then last summer they went to $479.98. Now they are selling them at $484.98. I'm not sure about the $150 packs. I do not buy the $150 packs because they are 3 $50 cards and that's a lot of computer typing to enter all of them. Sam's membership is on $45 a year so do the math and see if it's worth it for you. I will say for us, it's definitely worth it (family of 6 = 2 cabins). We usually save $250 to $350 per cruise, not counting applying cards to our onboard room credit and future cruise booking.

You can pay more than $45 a year and get a Sam's card that pays you cash back on qualified purchases. I do not use that upgraded membership because I only use my membership for Disney gift cards and gift cards are not qualified purchases under their cash back policy.

I did the math on the Sam's Club GCs last night in in an unrelated inquiry.

The $150s priced at $142.98 works out to a discount of about 4.6%

The $500 priced at $484.98 works out to a discount of about 3%

It's well worth it, we saved an insane amount of money on our vacation last year. You are limited per transaction, I have been able to place an order and then after that, placed another order within a few hours. We buy them year round in person and online, since we go every year.

We purchased $3500 worth of the 500 dollar gift cards in one transaction in store at Sam's Club. I didn't even think to ask at the time what the limit was per transaction, but it must have been over that. Our cashier talked us in to upgrading to a plus membership, and said we would earn rewards on the gift card purchase. That was not the case, as a previous poster mentioned.

In store there is no limit on how many you can purchase. Online there is a limit. I just purchase them in separate transactions and that works fine. I also just recently used the virtual (email) card, instead of getting the actual card in the mail. It worked perfectly. I love that I don't have to worry about it being delivered on my front door while I am at work.

I did the math on the Sam's Club GCs last night in in an unrelated inquiry.

The $150s priced at $142.98 works out to a discount of about 4.6%

The $500 priced at $484.98 works out to a discount of about 3%

So....buying GCs from Target (with your Red Card) and getting 5% off is a better deal......

So....buying GCs from Target (with your Red Card) and getting 5% off is a better deal......

Those percentages are just the discount off the price. If you have a cash back or points card that gives you more money/value back on top of that, it may work out more in your favor to do Sam's rather than Target.

Also, I do not see the $500 gift card as an option on the Target site, only $50 and $100. So if your paying for a $7k-$10k cruise with a ton of $50 or $100 gift cards, that's a whole lot of scratching, typing and data entry. $500 card from Sam's is a whole lot easier to enter in.

Those percentages are just the discount off the price. If you have a cash back or points card that gives you more money/value back on top of that, it may work out more in your favor to do Sam's rather than Target.
good point

In store there is no limit on how many you can purchase. Online there is a limit. I just purchase them in separate transactions and that works fine. I also just recently used the virtual (email) card, instead of getting the actual card in the mail. It worked perfectly. I love that I don't have to worry about it being delivered on my front door while I am at work.

I've also found this to be true. No limits if buying in the store, but online I am limited and have to do separate transactions.

BJs has them back in stock (no membership required)
$95.99 for $100 card
$484.99 for $500 card

Other denominations available, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter