• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sam’s Club Limit On Disney GC

At my Sam's Club (Champaign, IL) - recent Disney Gift Card prices were @ 3.0% savings for one $500 card, 3.3% for three $50 cards, and 4% for three $25 gift cards. I bought $300 worth of $25 gift cards - then went to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ to manage the cards. You can transfer the balances of multiple cards to one card - up to a maximum of $1000 per gift card. However, you can track the balances of only 5 cards at any one time. After transferring the balances to the primary card - I deleted all but 2 of the cards from the web site. I kept one card registered with a $0 balance - in case I were to lose the primary gift card and need to transfer its balance to the "dummy" card.

If you live in states with Meijer stores (Michigan, Illinois) - be on the lookout for sales on gift cards. Twice I have purchased Disney gift cards at a 10% savings - most recently on May 18th on a one-day-only sale. The limit was $1000 in gift cards.

At my Sam's Club (Champaign, IL) - recent Disney Gift Card prices were @ 3.0% savings for one $500 card, 3.3% for three $50 cards, and 4% for three $25 gift cards. I bought $300 worth of $25 gift cards - then went to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ to manage the cards. You can transfer the balances of multiple cards to one card - up to a maximum of $1000 per gift card. However, you can track the balances of only 5 cards at any one time. After transferring the balances to the primary card - I deleted all but 2 of the cards from the web site. I kept one card registered with a $0 balance - in case I were to lose the primary gift card and need to transfer its balance to the "dummy" card.

If you live in states with Meijer stores (Michigan, Illinois) - be on the lookout for sales on gift cards. Twice I have purchased Disney gift cards at a 10% savings - most recently on May 18th on a one-day-only sale. The limit was $1000 in gift cards.
Also, you can sometimes stack discounts. Discover and Chase Freedom cards have 5% bonus categories which can be used to increase your discount. Using a Freedom this quarter should have given an additional 5% off stacked with the 10% you got at Meijer.

Also, you can sometimes stack discounts. Discover and Chase Freedom cards have 5% bonus categories which can be used to increase your discount. Using a Freedom this quarter should have given an additional 5% off stacked with the 10% you got at Meijer.

I used my Hilton Honors American Express card to pay for the Meijer gift card, so I'll earn 6 HH points per dollar. The Points Guy (www.thepointsguy.com) values Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents each, so that's about a 3.6% value - depending on how the points are redeemed.

In the 4th quarter of 2018 - the Discover 5% bonus category included purchases at warehouse clubs as well as Amazon. Unfortunately, warehouse club purchases won't be a bonus category in 2019 - unless Discover adds them later.

I don't know if they are still doing this, but when I opened by Discover a couple of years ago, they would double your cash back for the first year. If you got the gift cards in a quarter where they were giving 5% for warehouse stores, your would get 10% cash back for the first $1500 in the quarter. The extra bonus was not credited every month, but a one time bonus after your first year,

I don't know if they are still doing this, but when I opened by Discover a couple of years ago, they would double your cash back for the first year. If you got the gift cards in a quarter where they were giving 5% for warehouse stores, your would get 10% cash back for the first $1500 in the quarter. The extra bonus was not credited every month, but a one time bonus after your first year,
Yep. Got a Discover card last year for that reason. Took my cash back and bought more Disney GCs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter