Samantha & Dave's PJ... 2/8/10 WP/ADH, PS TR Started Pg 78!

Hey, I just spent my whole sunday afternoon reading your PJ, everything sounds great I will be keeping up with this one!

Can't believe you're off to WDW again and you didn't even finish the last trip report! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a great time.

Sam i forgot to tell you ages ago!

You once said that you can do the meanest Key Lime Pie.... well missy... im afraid i will need to try this pie sometime.

I had my first Key Lime Pie about 1 month ago.

I found one in a supermarket- took it to a party, and i was the only one who ate it. And i ate the whole flipping thing.

I, since then, have become a Key Lime Pie addict. I even have become an addict of the 'Key Lime Cheesecake'.

I will openly admit that i have eaten more than 1 key lime pie whole in one session. (first, i will take a little, then take 1/4, then another slice, then give up and just eat the whole damn thing!)

I love it!!

I must try yours!!

hehheee thats all i wanted to say!

Hope your having a great time!! Thinking of ya!!

have fun!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Thanks, I'm about to start the TR :)

Can I tell you im a bit upset that our vacations didnt collide? I come home and you left...and you were in NY for my wedding and we didnt see eachother :(

So we must do a gtg soon. Im dying to get vin to MA so we have a mission
Have a wonderful and safe time!

Ohh yes! We must plan a visit :) I was sad we didnt overlap too:eek:

Sam & Dave!!

Have a great time in Disney! Dont forget to take a ton of piccys!

If this trip is anything like the last - its sure going to be a blast!!

thanks Stace! I am uploading as we speak to start the TR

Hey, I just spent my whole sunday afternoon reading your PJ, everything sounds great I will be keeping up with this one!

Can't believe you're off to WDW again and you didn't even finish the last trip report! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a great time.

Aww thanks Davey! My DF has a beer stein that says Davey on it, he lived with 2 other David's in college (so one was David, one was Dave and he was Davey) and when they all graduated Dave made him a beer stein with his nickname on it lol!

Sam i forgot to tell you ages ago!

You once said that you can do the meanest Key Lime Pie.... well missy... im afraid i will need to try this pie sometime.

I had my first Key Lime Pie about 1 month ago.

I found one in a supermarket- took it to a party, and i was the only one who ate it. And i ate the whole flipping thing.

I, since then, have become a Key Lime Pie addict. I even have become an addict of the 'Key Lime Cheesecake'.

I will openly admit that i have eaten more than 1 key lime pie whole in one session. (first, i will take a little, then take 1/4, then another slice, then give up and just eat the whole damn thing!)

I love it!!

I must try yours!!

hehheee thats all i wanted to say!

Hope your having a great time!! Thinking of ya!!

Ohhh nice, my recipe is really easy. And super quick! Sometimes I even like to make a raspberry sauce to pour over it with a little whipped cream! Here is my dear:goodvibes

Easy Key Lime Pie:

5 egg yolks, beaten
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.

Raspberry Sauce:

2 cups raspberry preserves
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice

mix together and blend in blender until smooth

ENJOY :)

OK First off, I am freaking out a bit that my ticker says less then 6 months to go:eek:

Anyways, sorry I have been MIA (again) the studio is eating up my life, but I have a good amount of students enrolled now, so the next 2 weeks will be crazy but then I can settle into a routine of teaching everyday (and being on here everyday again:goodvibes)

So without further ado... The TR is about to begin!

We woke up bright and early for our 7am flight out of Logan, we had a pretty uneventful flight and trip to the hotel (which is always nice). We stayed at the Marriott Cyrprus Harbour by Sea World with DM, DD, DB, DF and I. It was a nice relaxing hotel and since we had a 2 bedroom villa it gave everyone space to do their own thing. I do not have any pics of the hotel though (I know Bad Diser, but I will make it up with PS pics).

The first day we just relaxed by the pool, had a Mai Tai with lunch (hey it's vacation right!) and took a quick nap before dinner at DTD. Our dinner at EOS and WP (everyone picked and we ate outside) was wonderful as always. I had my rigatoni bolognese which is fabulous if you have never had it! Then it was back to the hotel for a swim and then bedtime :) Nothing overly exciting happened, just got to enjoy the Florida sunshine with the fam! Oh but I did create a bit of a monster with my mother and the Basin Store in DTD, I think she spent more then I did was trying all the soaps at the sink lol! But it gave me some good ideas for her X-Mas gift thats for sure! I also bought my Tables in Wonderland card, while thinking about our wedding trip, I realized that the DP wasn't really worth it for us since Dave doesn't eat desserts, so we decided to go the TIW route and figured we would save more $$ that way, and it would allow us to get apps and drinks which is nice :)

The next day Dave and I hit up AK in the morning (gotta love the AP's for DFTW!), we did all the fun stuff, EE twice, KRR twice, KS, and dinosaur. We also managed to see King Louie and Baloo and Flick (who I hadn't seen before so I was happy!)

P1010025.jpg

P1010026.jpg

Then we headed to Flame Tree BBQ for lunch and had a yummy salad with BBQ chicken on it (and used the TIW card) and I had Key Lime Pie for dessert (Dave had a Bud Light for dessert lol) I had never eaten here before and really enjoyed it, very quick service and very fresh food. And the key lime pie was yummy!

After that it was about time to head back, it was noon and unbearably hot so we decide to call it a day at AK and go for a swim :) This was a good call because I was a bit ill from the sun that day, so a rest and a cool swim was just what I needed to perk up again:goodvibes. On this trip we used the pool all the time, I read 3 books in a week while sitting and walking around in the pool which is rare, but soooooo wonderful to do. I love reading on vacation:goodvibes

So we swam and hung with the family playing rummikub by the pool, took naps and went to Bongo's in DTD for supper. Bongo's is one of my familys faves! It is a Cuban restaurant run by Gloria Estefan and family, but the food is wonderful and very authentic. Since we live in MA not FL it is pretty rare to find awesome Cuban food, and since we are Cuban it is our fave, so Bongos is always a stop for us! Then we were in the gift shop and I found the Bongos Cookbook for sale, so I bought it up for DD for X-Mas (I am one of those weirdo's who does their Christmas shopping in the summer lol) so I did my little happy dance ----> like this:dance3: and hid the bag with the book in my purse so DD wouldn't see it lol!

Up next Day 3, a Disney Day with the family :)

yey! You started your TR!

I'm glad that you've got students enrolled and that things will settle down soon.
I ain't gonna lie, reading a book (or 3!) by the pool sounds like an awesome vacation :thumbsup2
I must admit I have never been to Bongos, I will have to try it sometime since a real Cuban recommends it :)

Hurray your back! i bet you didnt want to leave! sounds like you had a great two days! but question, what is that sticker your wearing in the flick picture? (sorry i notice little changes like that) :rotfl: but Bonos is sooo good! my fave place to eat is next door at wolf gang puck. i would go get a pizza to go and take it with me to the movies! best movie snaking food ever! mmmmmm popcorn::

but glad your classes are picking up! :thumbsup2 anf thanks for the key lime recipe. i tried it for the first time at the Key Lime Factory in Key West a year and a half ago. i cant get enough of it! ill have to try it out and let you know how it turns out! :woohoo:

yayyyy trip review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aweseome you got to do EE twice. We never went to AK on our HM- we were so exhausted the first week!

yea!!! you are back-so far sounds good and relaxing. cant wait to hear more sam!!!

yey! You started your TR!

I'm glad that you've got students enrolled and that things will settle down soon.
I ain't gonna lie, reading a book (or 3!) by the pool sounds like an awesome vacation :thumbsup2
I must admit I have never been to Bongos, I will have to try it sometime since a real Cuban recommends it :)

Yes try it Becky, the ropa vieja is to die for! And the arroz con pollo is just like my grandmother used to make. I have a few pics from our Dismeet I will post too :)

Hurray your back! i bet you didnt want to leave! sounds like you had a great two days! but question, what is that sticker your wearing in the flick picture? (sorry i notice little changes like that) :rotfl: but Bonos is sooo good! my fave place to eat is next door at wolf gang puck. i would go get a pizza to go and take it with me to the movies! best movie snaking food ever! mmmmmm popcorn::

but glad your classes are picking up! :thumbsup2 anf thanks for the key lime recipe. i tried it for the first time at the Key Lime Factory in Key West a year and a half ago. i cant get enough of it! ill have to try it out and let you know how it turns out! :woohoo:

Hi Nicole! I am actually in the process of catching up with your PJ now :goodvibes And you have a good eye about the "sticker", it is actually a star shaped Mickey Sheriff badge from Frontierland that says "Sheriff Sam" on it lol! Dave made me get him one too so I didnt have all the power:lmao:.

Ohh I love WGP's too! The cafe on the marketplace side is to die for too!

The keyt lime pie is actually one of those things you can bring to a party and say you just "whipped it up" and you wont be lying... it is so flippin easy and yummy! Let me know how it turns out:goodvibes

yayyyy trip review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aweseome you got to do EE twice. We never went to AK on our HM- we were so exhausted the first week!

Hey jenny!! It was so hot ther though so we didnt stay too long, but it was fun! I am pretty hooked on your btw Jenny:thumbsup2

Aww yay Sam you are back!! TR sounds great!!:cool1:

Thanks Mandy! It was a blast... but way hotter then when we usually ggo lol

yea!!! you are back-so far sounds good and relaxing. cant wait to hear more sam!!!

Thanks Steph, it was relaxing... just what the MD ordered!

The next day Dave and I hit up AK in the morning (gotta love the AP's for DFTW!), we did all the fun stuff, EE twice, KRR twice, KS, and dinosaur. We also managed to see King Louie and Baloo and Flick (who I hadn't seen before so I was happy!)

P1010025.jpg

love this pic! Animal Kingdom always seems to have characters you dont see too many other places! Cant wait to hear more about your trip!

love this pic! Animal Kingdom always seems to have characters you dont see too many other places! Cant wait to hear more about your trip!

totally! It is the only place I have ever seen Jimminy Cricket!

I kid you not...we met up with Mr. Cricket in Italy back in 2001!! I have the pic somewhere...just not digital.

OMG, Mandy you have to post a pic up on here some how. Jimminy Cricket is my future FIL all time favorite character. he is even asking us to have him show up at the reception! he would die if he saw him in person! :)

YAY Sam's back again! Glad things are going well at the school and that it sounds like you had an awesome PS trip... can't wait for the rest of the TR!

Yay for the TR!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to hear about everything!!!

Welcome back sweetie!

WOOOOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP :banana:

Im waiting patiently for the next update!! popcorn::

Hope all is well with you and Dave, and hope your school is great!!

Its good to hear that things are going so well at the studio; its always a lot of work when you are first getting into a business but once things get going you get settled into a routine :dance3:

Animal Kingdom is always so hot with all that vegetation; I always whine going there when its hot :rotfl: I've heard lots of great things about Bongos, my dad loves the food there. I'm like you I do Christmas shopping all year and keep a box with gifts in my closet. I think its a great way to find some cool stuff that you might not be able to find near Christmas.

I kid you not...we met up with Mr. Cricket in Italy back in 2001!! I have the pic somewhere...just not digital.

Wow, I have never heard of him being there, that was a rare sighting for sure Mandy!

OMG, Mandy you have to post a pic up on here some how. Jimminy Cricket is my future FIL all time favorite character. he is even asking us to have him show up at the reception! he would die if he saw him in person! :)

From what I have heard, he is usually hanging out at the AK at Rafiki's planet watch. You have to ride the train over there, btu once you do there are usually a few charcters with no lines :)

He would be cute at a recpetion too, maybe have him and Pinnocchio!

YAY Sam's back again! Glad things are going well at the school and that it sounds like you had an awesome PS trip... can't wait for the rest of the TR!

Thanks Adelia, I am working on a new post as we speak:goodvibes

Yay for the TR!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to hear about everything!!!

Welcome back sweetie!

Thanks Katie, it was a fun trip thats for sure lol!

WOOOOOOOOOOOP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP :banana:

Im waiting patiently for the next update!! popcorn::

Hope all is well with you and Dave, and hope your school is great!!

Hi Stace! Hope your doing well too and enjoying your time with your sweetie Wayne! Dave is doing well, wishing he was back in WDW just like me lol!

Its good to hear that things are going so well at the studio; its always a lot of work when you are first getting into a business but once things get going you get settled into a routine :dance3:

Animal Kingdom is always so hot with all that vegetation; I always whine going there when its hot :rotfl: I've heard lots of great things about Bongos, my dad loves the food there. I'm like you I do Christmas shopping all year and keep a box with gifts in my closet. I think its a great way to find some cool stuff that you might not be able to find near Christmas.

HI Vanessa! Yea, I am one of those people that needs routine, without it I am a nut lol!

AK was wayyyyy too hot for me this trip, one morning was all I could manage, I swear that park is like 20 degrees hotter then anywhere else in WDW:confused3

Glad you're back and that everything is going well! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR.

Thanks Laurie, I am glad to be back, missing the Dis is no fun:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter