Samantha & Dave's PJ... 2/8/10 WP/ADH, PS TR Started Pg 78!

Day 3... TYPHOON LAGOON DAY!!!

My personal favorite water park at WDW btw! SO we woke up nice and early... well I woke up early and had to wake people lol! I am sure they appriciated it in the end :rotfl2:. We packed a full cooler of sandwichs, fruit, drinks and chips and headed to TL. We got there right after 9 when they opened and headed over by the Shark Tank and got ourselves a nice cabana (score for waking up early). After we settled in we decided to take dip with the sharks. Dave, my brother Alexander and I all lined up, got our snorkles and headed to line up for our turn. Well I put the mask over my face and it started to burn a bit... strange but I ignored it... so we went for our swim and it was nice and cool just like MA ocean water lol! I saw lots of fish and the shark was my buddy. It swam underneath me the whole way across... when I stopped, it stopped, when I moved it moved too... very starnge but fun to watch. Well I made it to the opposite end and took off my mask. While waiting for Dave to finish his swim, my face really started to burn. It turned bright red and blotchy!! I was freaking out, so of course I left Dave and ran to my mother lol! Moms always know what to do:lmao:. I didnt want to go to first aid bc I was afraid they would tell me to stay out of the sun or something... hello I was at TL! Soooooo not an option. So I dealt with the burning for the next hour until it went away... I did not swim with the sharks again that day...

Ok, so now on to the non-burnt part of the day aka "the fun part", we went on all the water slides and the water coaster too (soo fun btw). Hung in the wave pool, and rode on the water monorail aka the lazy river for hours! It was so refreshing. Also, we all took at least a 1/2 hour nap at TL at different times. It felt great!

So around 5pm we decide to call it a day and head out. We make it to the giant gift shop and the skys open up and it is pouring rain! Within a minute a voice comes on the loadspeaker saying lighting was close and TL was closed until further notice. Well rememeber we were leaving at this point anyways, so no biggie to us. Well this is the funniest, weirdest thing I have ever seen at WDW... everyone starts running to the parking lot... with towels over their heads! Come on people your at a water park, your already wet, what is the tiny towel gonna do for ya!! It was too funny, we were all cracking up at this. We were all just out of the lazy river anyways so we just walked to the car normally and yes, we were soaked by the time we got there, but we already were, so what difference did it make!

That night we all napped and then Dave took my mom and I to the Premium Outlets for a little shopping! We didnt find a ton of stuff (also idnt have a ton of $$ lol), but I did snag a few X-Mas gifts for Dave from the Disney outlet. A cute Grumpy T for me, and a pair of really nice white slacks from Ann Taylor Loft (I love that store).

When we got back to the hotel we were still too tired to swim again so Dave and I hung at the bar and had some Mai Tai's, Pina Coladas, and Mudslides! And yes, that was our dinner that night lol, hey its vacation right:lmao:!

Up next, Day 4 our PS!! Lots of pics I promise:goodvibes

Yay

I love your TR so far

I have been at Blizard Beach when its was closing and the exact same thing happened loli just let every one rush past me.

Cant wait till you update with your PS

:D

Sam i loveeee TL!! I only got to go there last year and it was only for a few hours. Wayne loves the water rides 'Crush n Gusher' but doesnt like to stay in water for too long- whereas im a water baby- i love water! So next year, the waterparks are on my hit list! (I really like the Wet n Wild Disco H20 too... its so funny!)

The burning was probs made a little worse with the salty water at the shark pool, but hopefully it got better!

Cant wait for more!! popcorn::

:lmao: oh that cold cold new england ocean water! Hey atleast you were used to it for the shark tank!

Thats wierd about the burning... i know that they sanitize the masks and stuff so maybe whatever they used wasn't agreeing with you or something :confused3 still... very strange.

Anywho i'm so gad you guys had a good day at TL! I can't wait for the next installment! popcorn::

p.s. alcohol is always dinner atleast once on our vacations :laughing:

Hello Sam,

sorry to but in your TR but I have done it I have booked an engagment photo shoot at Epcot I just wondered where did you meet your photographer as I can not see it on her map :S

But I am so excited about it thank you so much for the information on it I havent told Dave though I am thinking of keeping it a secret but I am terrible at secrets lol

Leanne x x x

Sam, so glad to hear about your trip!! I’m still catching up but I love your AK pics (LUV FLICK!!) and-yea, i know what you mean about that park feeling a bit hotter that the others!! It sounds like you finished TL off right, nothing better than to end your day with drinks after a day in the pool!!!

Can’t believe you’re less than 6 months away!!!

I've got to keep up!!:goodvibes

Ummm... Mudslides and Mai Tai's for dinner?? I'm going to go back and look at that family tree.... we have to be related :lmao::lmao:

Would you believe I've never been to TL? We live close to the "Water Park Capitol of the World" (yes, why the largest concentration of waterparks in the world is in the middle of Wisconsin where they can't be used 9 months out of the year is beyond me...) so we go to water parks all the time for "weekend-cations" (yes I made that word up), so I never want to go to one on a real vacation... but it sounds so nice and relaxing.

I've had that reaction to the chemicals they use to clean the masks before. I'm not sure what it is... but some guy in the caribbean told me to use a palm leaf instead, and it works wonders.

Yay sam, I'm all caught up on your TR. It seems like you had a great trip so far! I love TL also! I have never tried Bongos either, and now it is on my to do list! Can't wait to read more!!!!:goodvibes

Wow I've missed a lot! The trip sounds great so far, can't wait to read the rest! So cute that the shark was your exit buddy!!!!

Sam! Welcome back! Just catching up on everything and I am loving your pictures from AK! Makes me that much more excited to be going there in a few weeks! Glad to hear things are going well with the studio!

Hey just got up on the trip. First let me say as I worked there for 4 years and am now a seasonal worker for TL im sorry for the burning of the mask. they cleaning the mask in solution for 10 mins and rinse with water for 2 mins. its keeps them clean but cant promise all the solution with be removed, plus the salt water can irritate it as well. so for next time if you feel burning just rinse the mask in cold water and then rinse your face. it should go away. and dont ever ever be afraid to go to first aid, they are RN's. its free and they wont ever tell you to stay out of the sun. unless your burnt like a lobster then they say get some sun screen and try some shade for a while. hee hee
But what you said about everyone running for the parking lot in the rain just brought back some FUNNY memories! we all would say the same thing too, your at a water park and your already wet. :rotfl2:

but glad you had fun!!! looking forward to your planning session!!!:surfweb:

i want to go to the premium outlets!! Seriously! Were going to the woodbury next weekend and i cant wait!

and the face mask burning must have stunk. It could have been an allergic reaction...but still- next time dont get embarassed okay? It could have been worse :(:hug:

I just saw your Epcot e-pics posted on another thread...they are so gorgeous! Now I am going to have to read all 80 pages of your PJ!!!:goodvibes

Hey Sam,

I've been reading your PJ when I can, but clearly never commented before (or else I would've subscribed)--Shame on Me! Unfortunately for me I was sent home from work today w/ the flu and am out for 7 days...Fortunate for DIS reading-- I was able to get caught up w/ all your recent happenings!! :woohoo:Yea!!

Sounds like you have a Beautiful wedding on its way! And CONGRATS on the STUDIO from one dancer to another!!! That's an absolutely wonderful opportunity, but definitely a lot of work. I'm sure you'll be AWESOME! :goodvibes
oh and GO SOX! :cheer2:

haha thanks, I swear I am only coodinated inside a dance studio! Outside in the real world I trip over air on a regular basis lol!

This is SOOO true. It's a dancer thing. My husband calls me the most coordinated klutz he's ever met (b/w tripping over my own feet, spilling things, knocking things over, you get the picture). :lmao: He still doesn't understand how I could be so coordinated when I was in the studio/performed/ was a professional. I say- It's a balance-- Extra coordinated in one "world" & completely lacking in the other aka the "real" world. :cutie:

Haha Sam it sounds like you had a really fun time. I can't wait to read about the PS! First off, I :lovestruc Rummikub. My grandmother (Oma) always had it, and we play all the time, especially when she comes over, and definitely by the pool! :) Secondly I totally agree about people being silly in the parking lot and the rain. My favorite is when you go to the gym and see people drive around the lot trying to get a closer spot. Hello!! You're going to the gym to workout and burn calories. Walk a little! :rotfl:

I'm glad the studio is coming along. That must be so awesome. And yes, it is totally acceptable, and a requirement, to have alcoholic beverages as a meal while on vacation.

PS Anyone else notice that all the characters have the same foot position in the pictures (with one foot pointed?)

Yay

I love your TR so far

I have been at Blizard Beach when its was closing and the exact same thing happened loli just let every one rush past me.

Cant wait till you update with your PS

haha too funny, I was just staring at these soaking wet parents rushing their kids to their dry cars lol! Dave and I just kept looking at each other like "did we miss something?"

Sam i loveeee TL!! I only got to go there last year and it was only for a few hours. Wayne loves the water rides 'Crush n Gusher' but doesnt like to stay in water for too long- whereas im a water baby- i love water! So next year, the waterparks are on my hit list! (I really like the Wet n Wild Disco H20 too... its so funny!)

The burning was probs made a little worse with the salty water at the shark pool, but hopefully it got better!

Cant wait for more!! popcorn::

Ohhh I love Crush and Gusher, they takke your pic right as you crash down, it was really funny to see those, we look ridiculous! I havent been to wet and wild but it always looks fun! It was right by your hotel wasnt it?

oh that cold cold new england ocean water! Hey atleast you were used to it for the shark tank!

Thats wierd about the burning... i know that they sanitize the masks and stuff so maybe whatever they used wasn't agreeing with you or something still... very strange.

Anywho i'm so gad you guys had a good day at TL! I can't wait for the next installment! popcorn::

p.s. alcohol is always dinner atleast once on our vacations

At least I'm not alone lol! It was a tasty dinner thats for sure:thumbsup2

The shark tank water was fine, not that strange for me when I'm used to 55 degree water in August in Glouceter:rotfl2:, this water was practically balmy!

Hello Sam,

sorry to but in your TR but I have done it I have booked an engagment photo shoot at Epcot I just wondered where did you meet your photographer as I can not see it on her map

But I am so excited about it thank you so much for the information on it I havent told Dave though I am thinking of keeping it a secret but I am terrible at secrets lol

Leanne x x x

You are allowed to but in anytime Leanne! I am so excited your doing E-Pics in Epcot, they really were awesome to do. We met our photographer at the International Gateway in the WS between France and the UK. You can get there by walking through the BW, BC or YC hotel area. Also, we just walked in the front and told them where we needed to be and they let us right in, so no worries if you cant find it or get there in time, just go in and tell the CM at Guest relations what is happening and where you need to get to :)

I am terrible at secrets too, but Jenny kept her honeymoon shoot a secret so it can happen! Keep me posted Leanne:goodvibes

Yay sam, I'm all caught up on your TR. It seems like you had a great trip so far! I love TL also! I have never tried Bongos either, and now it is on my to do list! Can't wait to read more!!!!:goodvibes

I am ready to read your too Stacey!! Yes, Bongos is super yummy, try it for sure:goodvibes

Wow I've missed a lot! The trip sounds great so far, can't wait to read the rest! So cute that the shark was your exit buddy!!!!

haha he was an exit buddy lol! I wonder if maybe he liked the shadow I was casting on the bottom of the tank... or he just liked my bathing suit lol!

Sam! Welcome back! Just catching up on everything and I am loving your pictures from AK! Makes me that much more excited to be going there in a few weeks! Glad to hear things are going well with the studio!

You must be getting so excited Heather 3 weeks!!!! Thanks so much, you uys will have a blast!

Hey just got up on the trip. First let me say as I worked there for 4 years and am now a seasonal worker for TL im sorry for the burning of the mask. they cleaning the mask in solution for 10 mins and rinse with water for 2 mins. its keeps them clean but cant promise all the solution with be removed, plus the salt water can irritate it as well. so for next time if you feel burning just rinse the mask in cold water and then rinse your face. it should go away. and dont ever ever be afraid to go to first aid, they are RN's. its free and they wont ever tell you to stay out of the sun. unless your burnt like a lobster then they say get some sun screen and try some shade for a while. hee hee
But what you said about everyone running for the parking lot in the rain just brought back some FUNNY memories! we all would say the same thing too, your at a water park and your already wet.

but glad you had fun!!! looking forward to your planning session!!!:surfweb:

Glad you can relate, it is very weird to see. It was like the water would somehow make you melt like in the Wizard of Oz :lmao: And if I ever have face burn again I promise I will see the RN at Disney:goodvibes

i want to go to the premium outlets!! Seriously! Were going to the woodbury next weekend and i cant wait!

and the face mask burning must have stunk. It could have been an allergic reaction...but still- next time dont get embarassed okay? It could have been worse :(:hug:

The outlets are alot of fun, hit or miss though. We have a few outlet malls by us... but no WDW outlet:sad1:

I just saw your Epcot e-pics posted on another thread...they are so gorgeous! Now I am going to have to read all 80 pages of your PJ!!!:goodvibes

haha thanks :goodvibes and welcome!

Hey Sam,

I've been reading your PJ when I can, but clearly never commented before (or else I would've subscribed)--Shame on Me! Unfortunately for me I was sent home from work today w/ the flu and am out for 7 days...Fortunate for DIS reading-- I was able to get caught up w/ all your recent happenings!! :woohoo:Yea!!

Sounds like you have a Beautiful wedding on its way! And CONGRATS on the STUDIO from one dancer to another!!! That's an absolutely wonderful opportunity, but definitely a lot of work. I'm sure you'll be AWESOME! :goodvibes
oh and GO SOX! :cheer2:

This is SOOO true. It's a dancer thing. My husband calls me the most coordinated klutz he's ever met (b/w tripping over my own feet, spilling things, knocking things over, you get the picture). :lmao: He still doesn't understand how I could be so coordinated when I was in the studio/performed/ was a professional. I say- It's a balance-- Extra coordinated in one "world" & completely lacking in the other aka the "real" world. :cutie:

Ok a fellow clumsy dancer who loves the Sox! We could be sisters lol! Last night I went to a bachalorette party for my BM Kim who is getting married and she had us all take a pole dancing class... I was fine learning the steps, but making them not so ballet-y was weird. I felt like I was cheating on my art lol! Then leaving the studio I fell on the pavement bbc I missed a step... dancers are not graceful in the real world at all:lmao: (Oh and everyone laughed at me when I asked the instructor if shoes were allowed in the studio:lmao:)

I actually pointed out your cake to DF at our PS, and he remembered it bc I have made him watch the WE special like 5 times lol! Hope your feeling better soon, I was out for a week with the flu in March and it turned into pneumonia so take cafe and rest up:sick:

Haha Sam it sounds like you had a really fun time. I can't wait to read about the PS! First off, I Rummikub. My grandmother (Oma) always had it, and we play all the time, especially when she comes over, and definitely by the pool! Secondly I totally agree about people being silly in the parking lot and the rain. My favorite is when you go to the gym and see people drive around the lot trying to get a closer spot. Hello!! You're going to the gym to workout and burn calories. Walk a little!

I'm glad the studio is coming along. That must be so awesome. And yes, it is totally acceptable, and a requirement, to have alcoholic beverages as a meal while on vacation.

PS Anyone else notice that all the characters have the same foot position in the pictures (with one foot pointed?)

haha thats exactly the same lol! People are so werd sometimes lol! hmmm now that you mention it, that is strange. My guess is that most characters are female anyways so maybe they just stand ike that out of comfort??? Any CM's out there know?

I got Dave addicted to Rummikub a few years ago and now he is always asking to play:goodvibes

Hey hun, im waiting for a update on the tr! tehehe!! popcorn::

When we went on crush n gusher this year it didnt have the photos on it ...i cannot imagine what our photos would have been like if they did have the cameras ... i was screaming hystericly with excitement for the whole ride! it was so funny!!!!

Day 4, The Loooooooooong awaited planning session!

So of course true to form, I was awake and super chipper by 7am and ready to leave by 8! Come on, I had been waiting for this planning session for a while now, of course I was excited! We arrived at the GF and drove over to Francs, parked our lovely Dodge Chager and showed my DB the way to the pool at the GF (he was soooo not into the planning part of the day, he did join in for the menu tasting though). Now Dave hadn't seen the WP up close or inside and since there was a rehersal listed on the WP events board for 10am that day we decied to try and sneak a peek. Well it was wide open so we went in and Dave was totally pysched for our (my) choice in ceremony locations.

P1010027.jpg

The Poly, our fave resort! Cannot wait to stay there!

P1010028.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010030.jpg

Dave and my dad even took a stroll down the aisle... which they were not too thrilled that I caught on film lol!

P1010031.jpg

P1010036.jpg

After that we were let into Francs by Marion our WP, all I have to say is if any of you DisBrides get Marion, you are lucky! She is fantastic and really gives you her honest opinion about things. If we suggested something she would tell us how it would fit into the day and if she didnt think it would fit, rather then just saying "no" she would explain her reasoning and offer alternatives. It was a wonderful planning session.

Here are the folks listening intently...

P1010037.jpg

P1010040.jpg

P1010042.jpg

...Then they got annoyed by my picture taking so I cooled it down for a bit lol!

P1010043.jpg

We started by going overour planning checklists and seeing what we had and hadn't done yet. I loved this because it was nice to see where we were planning wise and budget the next 5 months of time. We went through all the transportation options, rehersal dinner options, and day of choices. Man oh man are there a lot of choices! We still haven't seen our BEO yet but as of now we have made a few choices that we really want to happen, and a few we are not too sure of. So we will see when things come back from DFTW.

After we went over the logistics with Marion we had our cake tasting! I was sooooo looking forward to this as I am a huge cake fan! We had 4 cake flavors and 9 fillings. Since my dad is allergic to nuts we had to be a bit careful with the cake stuff. Here is the pic of our options!

P1010045.jpg

And we decided on... drum roll please... 3 kinds lol!

We are going to have the 3 tier 50 person Mickeys Wave Cake with silver Mickeys on it, and a sheet cake in the kitchen. with the number of people we have we would have needed a 5-6 tier cake which is wayyyyy bigger then we need, especially since Dave doesnt even eat cake! So we decided on Yellow cake with Tropical Mousse (my fave, it is sooooo good), red velvet cake with buttercream, and marble cake with Baileys Mousse. I am so excited for the cake it was so yummy at the tasting!

I will leave you all there for now as I have to go meet my mom, but I will update more later with the rest of the PS report:goodvibes

We started by going overour planning checklists and seeing what we had and hadn't done yet. I loved this because it was nice to see where we were planning wise and budget the next 5 months of time. We went through all the transportation options, rehersal dinner options, and day of choices. Man oh man are there a lot of choices! We still haven't seen our BEO yet but as of now we have made a few choices that we really want to happen, and a few we are not too sure of. So we will see when things come back from DFTW.

Sounds like you had a great time at your planning session. Kind of makes me jealous as we never had one. We did our sessions over the phone which was fine, we decided to add anything that we thought sounded good and then remove it later. When you see your BEO you will have a much better understanding of what things cost and what you can cut. Can't wait for further updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter