San Angel Inn- just give it to me straight

San Angel Inn DOES serve authentic Mexican food and it is part of the same organization that owns the original SAI in Mexico City. Most people in the US are accustomed to Tex-Mex and use this style, incorrectly, to be benchmark the "authenticity" of other Mexican restaurants.

I'm glad you said this, and I've always wondered what parameters folk are using to judge whether or not SAI is authentic. just as in the US, there are different regions of Mexico with vastly different cuisines. I'm by no means a food critic, but I have lived in the two US cities that boast the highest Mexican populations outside of Mexico. SAI has been comparable to the food served at Mexican restaurants in those cities.

Obviously, I'm a fan of SAI, and have eaten there on many trips. I can remember when it was so dark inside that the servers actually used little flashlights to write down your order. I preferred the atmosphere better in the dark, when the stars twinkling overhead were actually visible. It's still a great restaurant, though, and always a solid choice.

I am tempted to reserve this one for my family...it is in the "running". Thank you for everyone's comments. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter