Semi-formal & formal nights?

buzz&woody'smom

DIS Veteran
Can men wear a nice black or dark suit and tie for formal night in lieu of a tux?

Do most men wear a suit for semi-formal night?

What do you suggest for little boys for both nights (2 & 5 years old)?

What do women wear? We are not talking ball length gowns just a very nice dress and say nice pant suit?

Plenty of men wear suits on formal night instead of a tux, it's perfectly fine. :) Some men wear suits on semi-formal nights, others just wear sportcoats and pants, with or without ties.

The boys can wear anything they are comfortable in. :) A nice pair of khakis and a polo shirt or button-down shirt are fine. You can dress them up more if you want but it's not necessary.

Women wear everything from dressy pantsuits to ball gowns on formal nights. Whatever you choose within that range is entirely appropriate. :)

I can definitely second what Michelle said--I saw everything from Tuxedos to Polo style shirts on formal night. Most were wearing either Tuxedos or Suits though.

On semi-formal night there were still a few tuxedos, mostly suits and sport coats, and a few of the polos again.

As for women--there are a lot of long gowns, short gowns, dressy dresses, and pantsuits for both nights.

I think it depends on the individual family as to how dressed or not they are. Kids are perfectly acceptable in whatever they or you are comfortable with them wearing. I noticed most being in tune with what the rest of the family was wearing.

Be assured that whatever you choose you won't be out of place. There are all kinds on the cruise.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter