SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Our trip in February was slim pickings (but we planned later). I've been checking for June now in anticipation of what to expect when our date opens up...nada for the ones we're looking for! Hopefully, between now and June they'll open more places.

Has anyone heard any updates on the Garden Gallery reopening, not going until November but hoping it will have reopened by then.

Has anyone done SoG to Universal? How are you getting there, Uber?
No, we've always had a car. They used to offer a shuttle for a specified amount per person to Universal. It was limited in time (I think it picked up at 6 p.m. to get back to SOG), and we were looking to book it for June. I guess they are either no longer or temporarily not offering the shuttle since it's not on their transportation page.

If you're not big on rideshare (we aren't), you might want to look into renting a car for 24 hours from Disney Car Care. We've gotten some prices that make it worth it and Car Care's shuttle will pick you up and drop you off anywhere on property. (for the pick up, you'd want to arrange a ride over ahead of time but for drop off, they simply ask where you want to go).

We pretty much rent through Costco. We are picking up a car at Car Care in June for the week with our rental house/SOG split stay. It was $350 cheaper to get it on Disney property than at the airport. Crazy!

I priced out Mears and some other places, and even with paying for a trip from the airport, will still save us $250. Worth the inconvenience and I figure lines for the rental are way better at Car Care than at the airport ;)

No, we've always had a car. They used to offer a shuttle for a specified amount per person to Universal. It was limited in time (I think it picked up at 6 p.m. to get back to SOG), and we were looking to book it for June. I guess they are either no longer or temporarily not offering the shuttle since it's not on their transportation page.

If you're not big on rideshare (we aren't), you might want to look into renting a car for 24 hours from Disney Car Care. We've gotten some prices that make it worth it and Car Care's shuttle will pick you up and drop you off anywhere on property. (for the pick up, you'd want to arrange a ride over ahead of time but for drop off, they simply ask where you want to go).

We pretty much rent through Costco. We are picking up a car at Car Care in June for the week with our rental house/SOG split stay. It was $350 cheaper to get it on Disney property than at the airport. Crazy!

I priced out Mears and some other places, and even with paying for a trip from the airport, will still save us $250. Worth the inconvenience and I figure lines for the rental are way better at Car Care than at the airport ;)

Awesome, thanks for the info!

We are staying at Shades in June and would like to be in the Palm section so we are close to the garage. Should I make a request in advance (and if so how) or just request that section when we check in?

We are staying at Shades in June and would like to be in the Palm section so we are close to the garage. Should I make a request in advance (and if so how) or just request that section when we check in?
I'd definitely do it in advance, they seem to be pretty busy this June (took me weeks of refreshing their website to get the days I wanted!)

If you log in and edit your reservation, there is a box where you can make requests. You can probably also call but I've never done it that way. Most of the time we've gotten our requests when I've added them in the box.

If you log in and edit your reservation, there is a box where you can make requests. You can probably also call but I've never done it that way. Most of the time we've gotten our requests when I've added them in the box.
Great. Thanks so much for the info

ADR question: is SoG not counting as a Disney resort for the 60 days + length of stay opening?
I thought it did? It's been a while and I haven't done it since pre-pandemic though and that was a split stay with another Disney resort. I seem to remember two windows for ADRs.

(I hope so! I'm counting on it for next week!)

Thanks for the replies; I am only getting 60 days out right now. Did you have to do anything special on the app?

Thanks for the replies; I am only getting 60 days out right now. Did you have to do anything special on the app?
Are you 60 days out from your trip or more? The length of stay part won’t show up until you’re exactly 60 days out from arrival. You do need to link your Shades reservation. I’ve always had better luck doing it on the website than the app.

Are you 60 days out from your trip or more? The length of stay part won’t show up until you’re exactly 60 days out from arrival. You do need to link your Shades reservation. I’ve always had better luck doing it on the website than the app.
Ohh, that makes sense! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter