SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Used the ‘new’ online ticket request form. Waiting anxiously for the past three days for the SOG phone call to finalize our ticket order. Wondering if anyone else has had delays getting call back from the ticket office.

Used the ‘new’ online ticket request form. Waiting anxiously for the past three days for the SOG phone call to finalize our ticket order. Wondering if anyone else has had delays getting call back from the ticket office.

When we ordered them last November or so, it seemed to take a bit longer for the call back than in the past. I want to say it was 3 or 4 days. I was getting close to calling them to check on it when we got the call.

Is this a form you can submit online or the (revised a few months back) one you send back via email?

A few weeks back they told us in an email response they were about 3 weeks behind. (We ended up going to our local base, with their limited operating hours and finding time to get over there, that was quicker.)

Edited: I just found the email DH got, I misremembered, it wasn't a phone call it was an auto-generated email. I think there was a phone call though because we were trying to see if we could get scans of tickets (we were planning to stay there).

This email was on 3/24

"Please note we are currently experiencing higher than normal call and email volumes. We ask for your patience during this time. Our order form and price list can be found on our website. https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions
Please do not submit your order form or question more than once. Orders are processed in the order they are received. Please allow 10 – 15 days after you send in your order before calling to check on its status. "

I submitted a request via the online form last night and there was a notice when I did that they are currently experiencing delays of about 3 weeks to respond to the emailed requests. I can't find it right now, so thinking it was on the confirmation screen when I submitted.

When we ordered them last November or so, it seemed to take a bit longer for the call back than in the past. I want to say it was 3 or 4 days. I was getting close to calling them to check on it when we got the call.

Is this a form you can submit online or the (revised a few months back) one you send back via email?

A few weeks back they told us in an email response they were about 3 weeks behind. (We ended up going to our local base, with their limited operating hours and finding time to get over there, that was quicker.)

Edited: I just found the email DH got, I misremembered, it wasn't a phone call it was an auto-generated email. I think there was a phone call though because we were trying to see if we could get scans of tickets (we were planning to stay there).

This email was on 3/24

"Please note we are currently experiencing higher than normal call and email volumes. We ask for your patience during this time. Our order form and price list can be found on our website. https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions
Please do not submit your order form or question more than once. Orders are processed in the order they are received. Please allow 10 – 15 days after you send in your order before calling to check on its status. "

I submitted a request via the online form last night and there was a notice when I did that they are currently experiencing delays of about 3 weeks to respond to the emailed requests. I can't find it right now, so thinking it was on the confirmation screen when I submitted.

Thank you all for your replies. :thanks: I used the new online ticket request, and thought they would contact me in 3-4 days like they used to. I failed to notice the 10-15 day waiting period along with the 3 week delay, thank you for bringing this to my attention. If they are this backed up, they must be going crazy with the demand for tickets. Our trip is towards the end of July, so I was hoping to make those park reservations pretty soon.

Just to give you an idea on the timeline for tickets, I placed my order on March 12. They called me to complete the order April 1 & they overnighted them & I received them on April 2.

Just to give you an idea on the timeline for tickets, I placed my order on March 12. They called me to complete the order April 1 & they overnighted them & I received them on April 2.

I guess I can expect to hear from them in approximately 3 weeks, that's one phone call I don't want to miss! Good to know that they overnight the tickets. Thanks so much for the info.

Thank you all for your replies. :thanks: I used the new online ticket request, and thought they would contact me in 3-4 days like they used to. I failed to notice the 10-15 day waiting period along with the 3 week delay, thank you for bringing this to my attention. If they are this backed up, they must be going crazy with the demand for tickets. Our trip is towards the end of July, so I was hoping to make those park reservations pretty soon.
Fingers crossed you hear back quickly!

We stayed on the Magnolia side in 2017 in a room that had not been remodeled yet. Then stayed on the Palm side in 2018 in a remodeled room. Have all of the rooms been remodeled now, or should we put in a request to get one of more recently remodeled?

We were waiting anxiously for the 3 week waiting period after filling out the online form when a very helpful person posted the below quote in another thread. I called, and we had our ticket vouchers in hand and our park reservations made in 48 hours.

Edited to add - I then contacted SoG and had our name removed from their very long ticket order list so that we wouldn't add to the length of the others waiting for a call back/email.

See auntyjenn's wonderful, trip-saving post:

auntyjenn said:
I called around until I found a base that would link the tickets for me before they mailed them (or would email me a photocopy of the numbers). This is who I finally went with.

Naval Air Station Pensacola Information, Tickets & Travel (ITT)
Telephone

Tel:
(850) 452-6354

I gave them my MDE login and then just changed it after. If you have lots of people on your friends and family list be sure to tell them which people are getting the tickets. We did have to reassign one, which freaked me out, but ended up being no big deal.

We were waiting anxiously for the 3 week waiting period after filling out the online form when a very helpful person posted the below quote in another thread. I called, and we had our ticket vouchers in hand and our park reservations made in 48 hours.

Edited to add - I then contacted SoG and had our name removed from their very long ticket order list so that we wouldn't add to the length of the others waiting for a call back/email.

See auntyjenn's wonderful, trip-saving post:

auntyjenn said:
I called around until I found a base that would link the tickets for me before they mailed them (or would email me a photocopy of the numbers). This is who I finally went with.

Naval Air Station Pensacola Information, Tickets & Travel (ITT)
Telephone

Tel:
(850) 452-6354

I gave them my MDE login and then just changed it after. If you have lots of people on your friends and family list be sure to tell them which people are getting the tickets. We did have to reassign one, which freaked me out, but ended up being no big deal.

Thanks for the tips!!!!:)

We stayed on the Magnolia side in 2017 in a room that had not been remodeled yet. Then stayed on the Palm side in 2018 in a remodeled room. Have all of the rooms been remodeled now, or should we put in a request to get one of more recently remodeled?

Our last stay was in 2019. As I recall rooms in the Magnolia wing have now been remodeled. :)

Has anyone had experience with making park reservations for a sponsored room under the resort guest bucket? When linking the reservation, the app is forcing me to select the sponsor as a guest on both rooms, so isn't letting me add the last person in our party to the resort stay for Shades...curious if anyone has had any issues with making park reservations for all guests because of that?

Edit to add: After an hour on hold, the CM was able to link the last of our party in less than 5 minutes. Crisis averted! :)

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience with making park reservations for a sponsored room under the resort guest bucket? When linking the reservation, the app is forcing me to select the sponsor as a guest on both rooms, so isn't letting me add the last person in our party to the resort stay for Shades...curious if anyone has had any issues with making park reservations for all guests because of that?

Edit to add: After an hour on hold, the CM was able to link the last of our party in less than 5 minutes. Crisis averted! :)
Glad you got it worked out! :)

We're having a similar issue. I booked two rooms (DH is the sponsor), he's currently listed on both rooms and I wasn't able to add DD's friend on. However, at the time I was able to book park reservations for everyone with no problem - but the theme park ticket/resort buckets had equal availability. I could see this potentially being an issue as things get busier and the two buckets may not have the same availability as things reopen more.

(DH did think maybe we'll have to double-check when we check in to make sure enough guests are listed on the slips they give to use the SOG bus. I hadn't thought of that!)

DH did think maybe we'll have to double-check when we check in to make sure enough guests are listed on the slips they give to use the SOG bus. I hadn't thought of that!

The sponsor being on both rooms in the Disney app is because of the way SOG reports the reservations to Disney, and in the past, I have never had issues with making fastpasses for the extra guest, but wasn't sure if there would be an issue with the park reservation buckets.

Regarding the guest slips, last time we were there (Jan 2020), SOG had us list out the names of all of the guests who were staying in each room when checking in, and then gave us a room slip for each guest. So unless they have changed the process, you should be good there.

The sponsor being on both rooms in the Disney app is because of the way SOG reports the reservations to Disney, and in the past, I have never had issues with making fastpasses for the extra guest, but wasn't sure if there would be an issue with the park reservation buckets.

Regarding the guest slips, last time we were there (Jan 2020), SOG had us list out the names of all of the guests who were staying in each room when checking in, and then gave us a room slip for each guest. So unless they have changed the process, you should be good there.
Perfect, thank you!!

Have a room reservation for July and wanted to add a day.. the online reservation wouldn't let me but when I called they were able to. Just thought I would put this out there in case you tried making changes and weren't able to. There is hope.

Last edited:
I have a ticket vs. Shades question but I bought the tickets from Shades so hoping that counts :D

We bought Magic Your Way Tickets w/o the Park Hopper option last year when park hopping wasn't allowed but didn't take the trip. We're planning on going back next month and would like to take advantage of park hopping. I believe you can add it at guest services once you've used the ticket, but has anyone had experience doing with with the Magic Your Way Ticket? Was also wondering if anyone has been able to add additional days at guest services once the ticket has been used?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if SOG allows Ubereats? We arrive late after all of the restaurants are closed..

They allow Uber/Lyft onto property, so I would think they would allow Ubereats as well. I would plan to meet them at the drop-off/bell services area though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter