SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thanks for sharing! We've only stayed at Shades of Green since 2015, so it's interesting to see the small changes with the water area and the mini light tower and sea dragon figure!

Random ticket question: for the 5 day Military Salute ticket, there is a limit of 6. Is that per year, or trip? Asking because my local MWR said per year, but that they might make an exception. I called WDW and the customer service rep was not sure. My current plan is to go in July (April plan fell through) and then in October. I am planning on doing 4 mil tickets for July, and then 2 more, with 2 MYW tickets. Any idea?

How is everyone getting to/from MCO? I checked Uber and Lyft and the prices have skyrocketed!

When we stay at SOG we typically rent a car.

But wow, prices there have gone up too. I'm currently stalking Costco car rental prices for June...being I can even get a room at SOG for the days we want, lol. Right now it's all booked. I've only run into that with SOG around the holidays. (although something usually opens up eventually)

When we stay at SOG we typically rent a car.

But wow, prices there have gone up too. I'm currently stalking Costco car rental prices for June...being I can even get a room at SOG for the days we want, lol. Right now it's all booked. I've only run into that with SOG around the holidays. (although something usually opens up eventually)
The dates that are booked are very random at times recently. We were supposed to go in April but my schedule changed and the days I could go booked out.
We usually take sn Uber or Lyft, but wow, the prices!

I think SOG is still running at reduced capacity, so that could definitely be affecting the room availability.

Regarding the transfer from the airport. In early December we took an UberXL from SOG to MCO, and it was $50. I just checked rideguru, and it was estimating about the same. But before I looked at that, I would have guessed that spring break crowds and the parks being at capacity could also be affecting rideshare prices?

Finally was able to book 2 days this morning. Most days are still booked, so had to shift things a little but we really want to stay a couple of nights.

Does anyone know if SOG still allows guests to pick up theme park tickets at the resort or if all tickets are FedEx'd now? DH dropped them an email and mentioned we were staying there but he got the form that says tickets will be shipped.

Finally was able to book 2 days this morning. Most days are still booked, so had to shift things a little but we really want to stay a couple of nights.

Does anyone know if SOG still allows guests to pick up theme park tickets at the resort or if all tickets are FedEx'd now? DH dropped them an email and mentioned we were staying there but he got the form that says tickets will be shipped.
My understanding is that all tickets are now shipped. Glad you were able to get a reservation!

My understanding is that all tickets are now shipped. Glad you were able to get a reservation!
Thanks! :)
Bummer on the shipping though. No biggie, I'm just worried reservations will be full for the day we want to go since it's just one park day we're doing. (Plus not having to worry about being home for the signature, lol.)

Thanks! :)
Bummer on the shipping though. No biggie, I'm just worried reservations will be full for the day we want to go since it's just one park day we're doing. (Plus not having to worry about being home for the signature, lol.)
I am not sure if you saw the statement they put out the other day, but they are backed up on ticket sales, and taking three weeks to process. You may be better off contacting your local ITT.

I am not sure if you saw the statement they put out the other day, but they are backed up on ticket sales, and taking three weeks to process. You may be better off contacting your local ITT.
Thanks so much!

We know they are backed up, but the tickets we want I think will have to be ordered anyway from the ITT DH goes to (we already used our Salute tickets - DD and I still have days left on ours but want to purchase for DH and my other DD). We're just planning a getaway to use those days and a day we still have left on our Uni tickets.

I will also check with the local Coast Guard Exchange and see how long they take to order.
Thanks again :)

Thanks so much!

We know they are backed up, but the tickets we want I think will have to be ordered anyway from the ITT DH goes to (we already used our Salute tickets - DD and I still have days left on ours but want to purchase for DH and my other DD). We're just planning a getaway to use those days and a day we still have left on our Uni tickets.

I will also check with the local Coast Guard Exchange and see how long they take to order.

You are welcome!

Thanks so much!

You are welcome!

Just to give everyone an idea on the timeline for tickets, I placed my order on March 12. They called me to complete the order April 1 & they overnighted them & I received them on April 2..

I've seen lots of complaints about the long wait for Disney busses. Does anyone know how the wait for SOG has been?

Holy guacamole; dining reservations are booking up fast! What time are you folks waking up to make them?I checked at 1000 for 7 June and everything is booked!

Holy guacamole; dining reservations are booking up fast! What time are you folks waking up to make them?I checked at 1000 for 7 June and everything is booked!
Our trip is 1-8 June, so I was up at 0400 our time in CO last Friday to make our ADRs. Got Oga's Cantina at the end of our trip, which was the one we most wanted. There are so few places open right now that they go fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter