Share your future travel plans

I will start.

We have the 9-night Fantasy cruise booked for next July, and we really want to visit some of the outer Caribbeans ports this way - in particular, St Lucia - and finish it off with CC, of course.

But this cruise will be our "reward" for a two-week active trip to South America - visiting Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. The two-week-or-so South American itinerary will include Bolivian salt flats, Machu Pichhu, Amazon rainforest in Peru, and cities such as Lima, Cusco, and La Paz. We don't know if we can squeeze a Galapagos trip into it, but it will be three weeks in total with the Fantasy cruise making up the last 9 days.

Hey cool reward!
We're on the same cruise. Fingers crossed it'll happen.
On your trip to Peru, go to Iquitos (a city in the amazon), you'll thank me later.
If we do end up sailing, I'll buy you a drink at Meridian and we can chat about your trip (I LOVE all things Peru)
All the best..

Last edited:
We were supposed to be just getting home from WDW this past weekend, but those plans were cancelled. We live in NY so traveling anywhere is so hit-or-miss right now. Our quarantine list changes every week, so making plans is next to impossible.

Tentative plans to go to California for Christmas to visit my family. If Disneyland is open, DH & I are determined to get there for a day or 2. We've never been and rarely get to the West Coast, so I'll make it work if we get the opportunity.

We have an Alaskan cruise booked on NCL for September 2021, so just crossing fingers that will happen. It seems so far away, but who knows anymore.

We had it planned to do WDW this year, Alaska 2021, and then a 12 day Journey Cruise on Carnival in 2022 (as long as they had the itinerary again) which sails to Iceland & the British Isles. But now I'm not sure what we'll want to do in 2022. That Journey cruise looks amazing, so we may have to save up and sneak in a trip to WDW at some point. An African safari is now on my travel list too, but it wouldn't be for a few years!

Have the British Isles Cruise booked for September 2021 on the Magic.

We did this sailing in 2019 and it was great! We stayed an extra 2 days in London afterward, which I highly recommend. Just be ready to go-go-go on this itinerary!

We have our hotels for April in Egypt (so far Cairo and Luxor) booked. Looking to add Hurgada or Sharm. Have not booked air yet (although it's a great deal!) because I want to see how things are by the end of the year.

July in the Galapagos - air, Quito hotel, and yacht - all booked. (Re-scheduled from June 2020).

August on the Fantasy - extended family cruise booked. We plan to spend a day or two at the parks prior to the cruise. I was just looking at air and hotels and will be booking those as soon as we figure out logistics.

Will be booking India for December as soon as bookings open.

We lost two Cons and Disneyland for NYE this year.

But the future is bright and we have a 7 night Alaska cruise for my Birthday in May, and next November, we have our first Very Merrytime cruise booked. With a possible Disneyland NYE next year. And we live in Florida, so Disney World is a day trip.

I will start.

We have the 9-night Fantasy cruise booked for next July, and we really want to visit some of the outer Caribbeans ports this way - in particular, St Lucia - and finish it off with CC, of course.

But this cruise will be our "reward" for a two-week active trip to South America - visiting Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. The two-week-or-so South American itinerary will include Bolivian salt flats, Machu Pichhu, Amazon rainforest in Peru, and cities such as Lima, Cusco, and La Paz. We don't know if we can squeeze a Galapagos trip into it, but it will be three weeks in total with the Fantasy cruise making up the last 9 days.
We've got that cruise booked as well. It's what we transferred our Hawaiian cruise credits to. We'll take a few days before the cruise to go to WDW.

We have a November 2021 Fantasy cruise booked to keep our OBB. If we keep the cruise we will probably also add on a few WDW days to use our DVC points.

We are hoping for a few days in South Florida or Mexico in February. We are also planning for a Arizona/Utah trip in May. All of these things will get canceled if Europe opens back up. I am somewhat doubtful that will happen. We are trying to keep from spending a lot of time planning a trip that will most likely get canceled.

We are booked on the Wonder out of New Orleans on Feb 26,2021 for a 14 night Panama Canal cruise to San Diego to celebrate my retirement. Then Amtrak to Anaheim for a few days at Disneyland. I am believing that the cruise will happen and Disneyland we be reopened before our arrival!

My main goal at this point it to get a redo of my canceled, 25th anniversary, bucket list, trip of a lifetime that was supposed to happen in July....1 night Waikiki, 4 nights Aulani, and a 7 night NCL Hawaiian cruise. Its rebooked for July 2021, however sadly, I'm not at all excited about it because I feel it will not happen again. I'm certainly not booking my flights any time soon. ;) It's 41 weeks from today...but also should have been 12 weeks ago. :(

I also have a 4 night DCL booked for February however Im starting to think about changing that. I'm looking for other options but working in a school vacation time is limited. Presidents week worked great for me, however 1 DS just started a new job at a restaurant, and he would need to miss Valentines Day weekend so that would probably be frowned upon. Its so hard to try to fit this in but I hate to waste an OBB.

April and Nov 2021 cruises booked. However, I'm starting to worry that all cruising, theme parks, and theaters will be close for many years to come if not indefinitely. Too many people screaming about killing grandma if we step out of the house. The world will be very different and mostly online.

We were supposed to be traveling last month but had to cancel due to surgery.Re-booked for 2/5-2/13☺ The original rebook was supposed to be for six nights but over the past month we've added a couple of days at the beginning LOL. There was no availability at our original resort to add those two days so we're doing a 3 resort split stay. Arrival day were not getting to the resort till around 5pm so we're doing one night at Pop century. The next day (non park day) were transferring to the Contemporary (theme park view 😍) and doing some resort hopping and shopping. Figured this would be the most convenient since were starting our park days that sunday morning after we check out of the contemporary. We can leave our bags at bell services and just walk over to Mk. After, we're going to leave magic kingdom early enough to walk back over and grab our bags (Uber) and check into the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs where we will be spending the rest of our vacation.

My main goal at this point it to get a redo of my canceled, 25th anniversary, bucket list, trip of a lifetime that was supposed to happen in July....1 night Waikiki, 4 nights Aulani, and a 7 night NCL Hawaiian cruise. Its rebooked for July 2021, however sadly, I'm not at all excited about it because I feel it will not happen again. I'm certainly not booking my flights any time soon. ;) It's 41 weeks from today...but also should have been 12 weeks ago. :(

I also have a 4 night DCL booked for February however Im starting to think about changing that. I'm looking for other options but working in a school vacation time is limited. Presidents week worked great for me, however 1 DS just started a new job at a restaurant, and he would need to miss Valentines Day weekend so that would probably be frowned upon. Its so hard to try to fit this in but I hate to waste an OBB.
I feel your pain we were supposed to do Hawaii the last 2 weeks of August Big Island and Oahu.
For 2021 we have DCL Alaska booked for August. I want to be excited but I'm just not. I also want to book something else as a back up or let's be honest a second vacation one that I know would be safe and will happen. :rotfl2:Amazing how not going anywhere doing anything with your kids for the last 9 months grows your savings.

I have Italy/Greece cruise booked for June and will spend some time before or after in Rome and maybe fly to Paris and do Paris Disney before or after.
I also have an Alaska cruise booked for July. We were supposed to go in 2019 and 2020 and had to cancel for different reasons both times, so maybe we will get there in 2021. If we do, we will drive from CO to WA to spend some time with family and sightseeing before driving to Vancouver for the cruise.
We have our annual weekend trip to Vail planned for December.
We were able to drive to Yellowstone in July, so we at least got to go somewhere this summer.
We were supposed to go to WDW in March 2020 and then June 2020, but both were cancelled and I really have no desire to go there right now with all of the changes (not really sure I'm up for flying yet either, especially overseas, so unless things change a lot, will probably cancel Italy/Greece cruise).

Before the pandemic, we had no travel planned for 2020 until the end of 2023, so nothing has changed for us as far as travel for us because of the pandemic.
We planned to retire in July, but we have put it off until next year Health insurance is just too expensive until we get to within 18 months of Medicare next year and can use COBRA instead of the Affordable Healthcare Act. When we retire we will be living off savings until we can start drawing full Social Security in 2023. So our decision not to do trips for 3 years is a financial one.

When I was home sick one day in elementary school, Good Morning America was doing the weather or some puff piece in Maine. Ever since then, I’ve wanted to go! July 2021 it is finally happening. We are going to Boston first for a few days, taking the train to Portland and then driving to Bar Harbor. My son is in 4th grade so it seems like a great time to fly clear across the country to save $30 on Acadia entrance fees-haha! I’m super excited for this trip and hoping Maine lifts testing restrictions by then, but if not, we will test and go.

Disneyland with my son in January- rescheduled from Sept. I took my daughter alone in Feb with her dance studio so this is his turn. I do have April booked as a back up.

Family Disneyland trip Memorial Day weekend. Deciding on a splurge, thinking dessert party for World of Color.

Dream cruise 12/27/21. Rescheduled from 40th bday 4th of July and then Thanksgiving. I’m hoping my son who will then be 11 won’t be too cool for a pirates league makeover! He wold have been 9 and into it on the original trip! Very much looking forward to our first East Coast cruise!

oh! And we have a few days planned in San Diego after Christmas this year. No big plans, maybe the zoo. We rented a Air BNB one house back from the beach that was surprisingly affordable!

I will start.

That is an adventure of several lifetimes for most people. What great things to see. 👍

We are currently planning on a 7 night Sailing on the Wonder from New Orleans this February. Going to spend a few days in the city before hand hopefully.

I love New Orleans and the Wonder is the only DCL ship I've never been on. Princess and the Frog is one of my all time favorite Disney movies so I am incredibly excited for Tiana's Place.

I loved getting a muffuletta sandwich at its place of origin in New Orleans.

I was sick for four years and ended up at home. Quite a change from 4-5 vacations (usually cruises) I had become accustomed to doing.

A year ago, I started making vacations plans again. St Thomas to use a timeshare week. I was able to step on and off boats, get out of chairs, fly on an airplane - and use the rolling stairs at the airport. I was back.

Then a spontaneous trip to WDW in January (again, timeshare use before expiration date).

Gave Carnival Cruises a try over SuperBowl weekend. Proof I was able to go alone.

More timeshare weeks available, so off to Hawaii in March when there was a window of low airfare. And that’s when the shutdown occurred.

I bumped an early May trip to St Kitts to late May in St Thomas. Seriously? I thought we’d get back to travel less than 4 weeks later?

Our Nov 7 Magic cruise was still on until DCL pulled the plug. We went to Hilton Head (yes, another timeshare week leftover from years of staying home). Now looking forward to an opportunity to go back.

We booked Magic in the Fjords for Nov 2021 while still planning on this November’s Magic. With the cancellation, we switched to another November 2021 Magic to include my niece +husband, our original November sailing party. I was looking forward to visiting San Juan before this year’s cruise, but in 2021, the cruise was a day shorter with less interesting ports. We picked a different itinerary a week later - Still stoked to be on the Magic; this time only requiring getting to Miami - and using a RT ticket. With the hope of docking at CC.

Now I’ve managed to slip in a September visit to WDW and will return to WDW during our week set aside for our November cruise. Planned at a moment‘s notice while things look clear enough.

Keeping an eye open for re-opening of vacation destinations. I
Probably won’t make any plans for airline-required trips until travel really resumes, especially if we need to test for Covid, until access to rapid test results is easily available.

Beyond this? The new ships as they come out, some national parks are calling - Yellowstone, Big 5 in Utah, Crater Lake.

Returns to St Thomas and Hilton Head.

And my niece who thought she was done with cruising, announced she wanted to go back for another Alaska Cruise. I’m rubbing my hands in anticipation of that one.

Just got October 2021 Disney Magic cruise that was supposed to happen this year, but obviously can not. Maybe if things are better next summer with getting more hours at work (I work at a theme park and this year hours were cut tremendously) we might go back for a 2 or 3 night trip to Hershey for the summer or something. Also would like to go spend a night or 2 at Knoebles. It all depends on if things look better by summer.

We currently have a land and sea booked for August/September 2021. I'm hoping this happens as this will likely be our last family vacation.

In June 2021, we are doing an ABD short escape in Barcelona followed by back-to-back Italy/Greece cruises on the Magic. It will be our first time on the Magic, but we have done several cruises on the Wonder and much prefer the smaller ship over the Fantasy.

At the moment I have no plans. I cancelled our Japan trip in March. I'll either rebook that for Fall next year or rebook the Baltic cruise I cancelled this Summer. I'm also looking at a couple of adventure by Disney tours. I'm just waiting to see who is going to allow tourists before I make any decisions.

We were able to cruise in February this year and we spent 12 days in Orlando this Summer. We plan on doing something in Dec this year I'm just not sure what yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter