Share your future travel plans

Cruise Sandwich booked for April '21 - it will be our 6th cruise and new experience for BIL/SIL. DH is questioning whether DCL will be cruising but this is a re-schedule for the DCL cancelled November cruise. We've already received an email letting us know we have until 15 days before the cruise to rebook.

Meanwhile, we converted our cancelled November '20 into a full land package and we're booked for March '21 for resort only vacation.

Enjoying reading these :)

We were suppose to go to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary, so of course that was cancelled...hoping we can go in summer of 2021, but who knows really- being from Canada, we may still have to quarantine, difficult to get travel insurance etc...I think our greatest chance of a holiday (outside of trips around Canada/our ski hill etc) will be a late in 2021 DL trip (we are from west coast)

As far as cruising, my 16 year old step daughter graduates high school in 2022, so I'm thinking I will start aiming for a late summer cruise/WDW trip (although that's when the hurricanes are right? So maybe earlier) trip- we had talked about it, but realistically, that may be when we are able to travel. Although I'd love to do DCL again, as now we have a little one who is currently 4, so would be a great age for DCL in 2022, it will just depend on how the prices are.

Last edited:
At the moment I have no plans. I cancelled our Japan trip in March. I'll either rebook that for Fall next year or rebook the Baltic cruise I cancelled this Summer. I'm also looking at a couple of adventure by Disney tours. I'm just waiting to see who is going to allow tourists before I make any decisions.

I was hoping to go to Japan this year during cherry blossom season, but we didn't have anything booked and then COVID hit Asia in January and Japan quickly closed its borders. I would still really like to go someday, and maybe take the kids to Tokyo Disney while we are there.

Not a Disney trip but we’re visiting Sedona and the Grand Canyon for 5 nights/4 days and then flying to Yosemite for a week in June. We’re coming from South Carolina and it’s our first big trip out west. We’ve got lots of fun things booked...a pink Jeep tour to see red rocks in Sedona, a day at the Grand Canyon, kayaking the Verde river in Arizona, a star gazing tour with an astronomer in Sedona and white water rafting, fly fishing, archery, hiking and a train tour booked in Yosemite. It will be 12 nights long and we’re looking forward to it so much!!

Then we will hopefully visit Italy for my 40th birthday in summer 2022...praying things will have smoothed out by then!

I was hoping to go to Japan this year during cherry blossom season, but we didn't have anything booked and then COVID hit Asia in January and Japan quickly closed its borders. I would still really like to go someday, and maybe take the kids to Tokyo Disney while we are there.
This was our plan next year, but I’ve read October and November is also a good time to go.

Not a Disney trip but we’re visiting Sedona and the Grand Canyon for 5 nights/4 days and then flying to Yosemite for a week in June. We’re coming from South Carolina and it’s our first big trip out west. We’ve got lots of fun things booked...a pink Jeep tour to see red rocks in Sedona, a day at the Grand Canyon, kayaking the Verde river in Arizona, a star gazing tour with an astronomer in Sedona and white water rafting, fly fishing, archery, hiking and a train tour booked in Yosemite. It will be 12 nights long and we’re looking forward to it so much!!

Then we will hopefully visit Italy for my 40th birthday in summer 2022...praying things will have smoothed out by then!

We did the Grand Canyon 2 summers ago and it is still one of my Disney loving 14 yr old's favorite vacations.

Last edited:
My wife and I have cancelled 4 cruises that were supposed to happen over the last 12 months. Two of these sailed pre-pandemic in Oct 2019. We did not have trip insurance and cancelled those at almost the last minute due to a health issue. They were an almost B2B with a Bermuda cruise out of NYC followed by an 8 night Eastern out of Florida. Since we cancelled so close to the cruises, lost 100% of fair. We cancelled a Hawaiian cruise due to wife's cancer treatment before PIF, so lost nothing there. Cancelled a Northern European cruise that was supposed to be this summer, when we realized I wasn't going to have enough vacation. We were able to do a repositioning cruise from Puerto Rico to New Orleans that happened shortly before everything shut down. Had the EBPC cruise booked for this November. Before they announced its cancellation, we booked the same cruise for 11/21, since I assumed this years was going to be cancelled.

Current plans for travel are a January SWDAS cruise with 3 days at WDW pre-cruise
13-night EBTA next May
14-night EBPC next November
We are also branching out and trying an ABD Rhine river cruise next summer (we booked the excursion to see the Wish being constructed) followed by an ABD Amsterdam short escape

Have not currently booked any airline reservations for the EBTA, EBPC or ABD river cruise. I'm waiting to see if it looks like these will actually happen before doing that. For Florida vacations, we have been flying for the past several years, but I think we will revert to driving this time.

At some point, once travel restrictions are eased, we need to go visit our grandkids. We have two sets that live about an 8 hour drive in different directions from us. Haven't seen this, except on Zoom/Facetime/Facebook Messenger since early this year.

We did the Grand Canyon 2 summers ago and it is still one of my Disney loving14 yr old's favorite vacation.

aww I love hearing that!! I’m glad to hear it made such an impression on your kid! I’m so excited for this trip...I’ve seen more of Europe than my own country so it’s time. The Grand Canyon and Yosemite have been on my bucket list for a long time...I’m excited to finally check them off!😊

Hey cool reward!
We're on the same cruise. Fingers crossed it'll happen.
On your trip to Peru, go to Iquitos (a city in the amazon), you'll thank me later.
If we do end up sailing, I'll buy you a drink at Meridian and we can chat about your trip (I LOVE all things Peru)
All the best..
You are right - we do plan to fly in and out of Iquitos. Disney's ABD itineraries - which we sometimes try to recreate on our own - use a houseboat from that base. That's a tough one - we have three teenagers in the tow.

We too booked a European leg for next summer. It's the 14-night WBTA with Celebrity from London to NYC in the second half of August, hitting Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, etc in that northern arc. Don't know what to do with it - maybe 'lift and shift' as Celebrity calls it - with so much up in the air. We would have been on Magic's repositioning Iceland cruise this year, the cancellation of which was probably our kids' "sheesh, this virus thing is real" moment.

Will absolutely take you up on your offer. Stay in touch.

I've been dying to go to Peru and the Galapagos, and was trying to convince some family and friends to maybe go in together to book up rooms on the same Galapagos cruise in late 2021, but it feels too uncertain to put money down on anything else right now. But a 3 week South American/cruise itinerary sounds amazing!

We do have a large deposit on a family safari in Tanzania and Kenya for Summer 2022. I'm looking forward to long drives in the Savannah, the wonder on my kids' faces when they see animals out in the wild, nights under a canopy of stars, and a few weeks away from checking social media incessantly. If our currently rebooked cruise for October 2021 on the Magic is safe to go, I'm looking forward to sailing down the Hudson past the Statue of Liberty, a romantic dinner with my DH in Palo, seeing the Crystal Caverns in Bermuda, and taking my kids for a nighttime kayak in the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico.
That African safari is in our 2022 plans as well! We are usually able to take extra time off in December and tally it to up to four weeks if we can. When NCL released a very doable Dubai-to-Cape-Town itinerary for that December, it set in motion our travel planning for Africa. Here is the itinerary for that cruise:

From Cape Town, you fly into central Africa and do Victoria Falls, Serengeti NP, Mt Kilimanjaro, other neighboring parks, and your safari, and finish it off with a Nile cruise in Egypt.

We have Disney World booked in January with some DVC points. We need to decide before the end of this month whether we’ll travel then or bank the points to our next use year. We also have three cruises booked b2b2b in September: Norwegian Fjords, British Isles, and Westbound Transatlantic. We’ll have to decide by early May as we reach the first of the booking deadlines for onboard activities and excursions. As 70-something seniors, we are waiting to see what the travel advisories are as well as the instituted changes in the cruise activities.
Very nice. While late August cruises still work for our kids' schedules, September become too late. Otherwise, doing those three cruises for the price of one in July is a no brainer. In 2019, we spent almost 7 weeks in Europe and cruised the Baltic and Norwegian Fjords on the Magic towards the end. It's such an amazing set of trips all around.

Don't forget to pick up DCL's souvenir oil paintings they sell in the gift shop on European cruises. Pro tip: buy your previous cruise's art on the next cruise - it will be half price!

Last edited:
We were supposed to be taking our 3rd DCL cruise this November but it was cancelled :( We opted for the 125% and we were able to turn the 5 day Dream cruise we had planned into a 7 day Fantasy cruise December, 2021. While I'm disappointed to not be cruising this year, I'm hoping this turns out to be a blessing in disguise! We'll now get to stop at 3 ports we haven't stopped at before - Cozumel, Falmouth & George Town. And, while we are in Cozumel, we plan on doing Xcaret Nature Park as our port adventure -- which is where DH and I went during our honeymoon, so it will be nice to go back again with our DD. Plus, DD will be turning 12 during our cruise and will be age appropriate for Edge...which she was crossing her fingers that she'd be able to check out during our now cancelled November cruise but at 10 turning 11 it wasn't going to be a guarantee.

DD and DH are both dreading the loooooonnnngg wait for our next cruise.....so I've been sending them a new port adventure option every week or so to get them excited and try to make the wait fun. It's definitely hard to plan when everything is so up in the air but I'm trying to keep positive!

Happy travels everyone!! (fingers crossed!)
We have a week booked in Cancun for this December. Airlines are flying and the resort is fine, but we are still wary of the virus. Let's see where we are in a couple of months.

Xcaret has a very respectable evening show that we'd miss on a shore excursion, so we want to hit it up during this land vacation. (Same goes for Chichen Itza, which becomes a more peaceful day trip from Cancun.) Xel Ha is another idea for a shore excursion - if you want to keep Xcaret for a land trip. Or you can book a resort room for a day in the hotel zone and have access to some of the best beaches in the Caribbeans, along with heated pools, showers and change options, and a selection of nicer restaurants.

Good luck with the planning!

March spring break cruise to Baja on the Wonder, 10 night cruise on the Magic in Northern Europe in August (with some pre-cruise nights in Copenhagen) and our Grand Slam cruise on the Dream in November (also our first merrytime).
However, we're 'stuck' in Canada for the forseeable. The land border with the US is closed, but we can technically still fly to the US. But we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine once we return home and that is a deal breaker so I'm not feeling very confident at ALL about March and to be honest, I'm feeling only 50/50 on our Europe cruise. :( People in our cruise group from both the US and Canada are booking airfare already and I'm like SRSLY? ALREADY? Sigh. Will def be rebooking that one for 2022 anyway, if it doesn't happen next year ;-) Gotta keep on truckin!
I think Canada's has been the right approach with nowhere to travel anyways. The reason a lot of folks are booking airfare is that while the fares have been really cheap, they are going up very quickly - esp. for travel around the holidays. I know Air Canada is allowing you to book and reschedule without fees, and you also have the option of receiving a disproportionate amount of miles instead if you no longer want to fly.

We took that 10-night Magic cruise to the Baltics last year (and were on one for this year for Iceland too). The 10-night cruise remains our kids' favorite to date. They made friends they still keep in touch with. Pro tip: Book your Copenhagen hotel as soon as you can. The city has seasonal tourism and not a lot of hotel rooms. It gets overwhelmed during the cruise season.

Background
I am self employed and work from home and don't have kids. I am very flexible with my time off / schedule so I am not tied to a specific time of year or a specific amount of vacation time.

Immediate Plans Before Christmas
A 2 night stay in a hotel in my city. This just depends on local lockdown restrictions. I live in the suburbs about an hours bus journey from the city centre. Hard Rock Hotel opened in my city just before Covid happened. I did a 2 night stay in July and loved it so I want to do another 2 night stay in the next few weeks just to get away and be in a different area for a few days. However the Covid situation in Ireland is bad again so I'm not booking it at the moment.

The Will It Wont It Plan
Currently have flights and hotels booked for a November 2020 international trip to California. This trip is dependent on both the Irish Government and USA Government lifting the international travel bans. I plan to keep rolling onwards and rescheduling every few weeks and as soon as the travel bans are lifted I will be on the plane. This was originally my annual June trip to California and Disneyland. Realistically I think it will be January or February before I travel. I don't want to give up and just reschedule to June 2021.

The Rescheduled UK Trip
Original flights and hotel booked for my September 2020 DCL European Cruise. I rescheduled to March 2021 and will just use the flights for a 4 day mini break in London. Again this depends on international travel bans, as currently travel from Ireland to UK is banned. At the time rescheduling to March seemed realistic but right now knows.

Rescheduled DCL European Cruise
Originally booked on a September 2020 European Cruise, rebooked for September 2021 Norwegian Fjords Cruise. This seems to be the one which is most likely to go ahead as planned.
If you want to visit the Caribbeans in the winter - or while there are US/EU border controls in place - a lot of them are running "work from resort" promotions. We are traveling as a family, but we pounced on this deal with JW Marriott in Cancun for a week in December. Super cheap, free breakfast, free wifi, and a lot of other goodies.

I think Canada's has been the right approach with nowhere to travel anyways. The reason a lot of folks are booking airfare is that while the fares have been really cheap, they are going up very quickly - esp. for travel around the holidays. I know Air Canada is allowing you to book and reschedule without fees, and you also have the option of receiving a disproportionate amount of miles instead if you no longer want to fly.

We took that 10-night Magic cruise to the Baltics last year (and were on one for this year for Iceland too). The 10-night cruise remains our kids' favorite to date. They made friends they still keep in touch with. Pro tip: Book your Copenhagen hotel as soon as you can. The city has seasonal tourism and not a lot of hotel rooms. It gets overwhelmed during the cruise season.
Thanks for the tips!! Appreciate it ☺️

March 2021 spring break fantasy eastern. I was daydreaming tonight about a strawberry cake I had on the fantasy last year and I realized the sad feeling I had was basically homesickness. I miss being in my dream “home” on the ship. Really hope we get to go.

If you want to visit the Caribbeans in the winter - or while there are US/EU border controls in place - a lot of them are running "work from resort" promotions. We are traveling as a family, but we pounced on this deal with JW Marriott in Cancun for a week in December. Super cheap, free breakfast, free wifi, and a lot of other goodies.

thanks, but I am in Ireland and I can not travel to the Caribbean due to travel bans. The only countries Irish people are currently allowed to travel to are
  • Cyprus
  • Finland
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein

thanks, but I am in Ireland and I can not travel to the Caribbean due to travel bans. The only countries Irish people are currently allowed to travel to are
  • Cyprus
  • Finland
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
Is that the list of where you can return to Ireland from without having to quarantine?

As for Caribbeans, pretty much anyone in Europe (including Irish citizens) can travel to Mexico (think Cancun). And several other island nations such as St Lucia and Jamaica. Maybe a stopover through Italy or Greece or another 'safe' country could be the solution.

Last edited:
Isn't that list for who is allowed to enter Ireland?

As for Caribbeans, pretty much anyone in Europe (including Irish citizens) can travel to Mexico (think Cancun). And several other island nations such as St Lucia and Jamaica.

Check this for other ideas:
https://www.timeout.com/travel/where-can-i-travel-and-go-on-holiday-restrictions-advice

Its the Green List. It means that people from those countries can travel to Ireland without doing the 14 day quarantine. These are the only countries that an Irish person can travel to and return to Ireland and not have to do the 14 day quarantine.

This is the official travel advice for Irish people from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs
https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/In accordance with Government policy, which is based on official public health advice, the Department of Foreign Affairs continues to advise against non-essential travel overseas (including to Great Britain but not to Northern Ireland), other than to countries on the ‘green list’ where the ‘normal precautions’ security status rating will apply.

If I took a Caribbean holiday as you are suggesting , my travel and medical insurance would be void as I would be travelling against Government advice.

I would also have to do a 14 day quarantine on returning from the Caribbean

While we may be clamped down for now, the future is still in front of us.

A lot of us had booked vacations for this year, and the cancellations have prompted new travel plans. There is still a lot of uncertainty. Even the planning is difficult when you don't know when things will restart or return to normal (if ever). I also know a number of you aren't doing anything until a vaccine becomes widely available.

Still, life must go on. And adapt. And travel is now a part of it. Vacations are a part of it. You must take that break, or this bleak lifestyle will destroy your mental and emotional health.

So, what are you travel plans for the future? Share with us and inspire us!

It doesn't have to be a cruise. It can be a land vacation - or a period of time away from home. If winter/spring 2021 is a big unknown, what about summer next year or 2022?

Share some details too. Give some color. Not just that you booked a Fantasy cruise, but what are you excited about for that trip? A special excursion, or found a totally awesome deal? Plans to do something before or after the cruise? Visiting a new destination?

Since we can't travel anywhere and I recently changed jobs, our wedding anniversary will turn into a short staycation at a luxury hotel from the Old Port of Montreal next week. A whole week-end being stuck in a suite, drinking champagne, eating charcuteries and chilling in a jacuzzi and playing boardgames in front of the fire place. Doesn't sound too bad. LOL

UPDATE: It looks like hotels have started closing their doors for the rest of the month so I'm not even sure we're going to have that after all... :(

I currently have 4 trips planned for 2021-2022.

We have booked a short MSC cruise in April 2021 in order to experience MSC and visit Ocean Cay (being able to eat Key Lime Pie in Key West should be nice too). Not sure that one is going to happen but would feel really grateful. The simple idea of gazing at the ocean for the first time after 18 months makes me emotional. If we get lucky we may even go for a dolphin watch in Key West.

We have booked a Carnival Bermuda cruise departing from NYC in September 2021. We wanna show my in-laws where my husband proposed... On top of discovering Bermuda.

My girls trip we were supposed to do in December 2020 (Mariner OTS to Bahamas with a short Disney stay) was changed to a Royal Caribbean cruise to Labadee departing from Miami on Oasis of the Seas. I'm very excited to try a different kind of ships and discover Labadee. It looks breathtaking.

For October 2022, I booked a Carnival cruise going to Aruba, Curaçao, La Romana and Amber Cove... On Carnival Horizon. I would love to see the Flamingo Beach in Aruba and swim with sea turtles.

Not going to lie, in times of COVID, this feel like it's going to happen 20 years from now... I miss my pre-COVID life. :/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter