Share your future travel plans

Intr3pid

DIS Veteran
While we may be clamped down for now, the future is still in front of us.

A lot of us had booked vacations for this year, and the cancellations have prompted new travel plans. There is still a lot of uncertainty. Even the planning is difficult when you don't know when things will restart or return to normal (if ever). I also know a number of you aren't doing anything until a vaccine becomes widely available.

Still, life must go on. And adapt. And travel is now a part of it. Vacations are a part of it. You must take that break, or this bleak lifestyle will destroy your mental and emotional health.

So, what are you travel plans for the future? Share with us and inspire us!

It doesn't have to be a cruise. It can be a land vacation - or a period of time away from home. If winter/spring 2021 is a big unknown, what about summer next year or 2022?

Share some details too. Give some color. Not just that you booked a Fantasy cruise, but what are you excited about for that trip? A special excursion, or found a totally awesome deal? Plans to do something before or after the cruise? Visiting a new destination?

I will start.

We have the 9-night Fantasy cruise booked for next July, and we really want to visit some of the outer Caribbeans ports this way - in particular, St Lucia - and finish it off with CC, of course.

But this cruise will be our "reward" for a two-week active trip to South America - visiting Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. The two-week-or-so South American itinerary will include Bolivian salt flats, Machu Pichhu, Amazon rainforest in Peru, and cities such as Lima, Cusco, and La Paz. We don't know if we can squeeze a Galapagos trip into it, but it will be three weeks in total with the Fantasy cruise making up the last 9 days.

We are currently planning on a 7 night Sailing on the Wonder from New Orleans this February. Going to spend a few days in the city before hand hopefully.

I love New Orleans and the Wonder is the only DCL ship I've never been on. Princess and the Frog is one of my all time favorite Disney movies so I am incredibly excited for Tiana's Place.

I've been dying to go to Peru and the Galapagos, and was trying to convince some family and friends to maybe go in together to book up rooms on the same Galapagos cruise in late 2021, but it feels too uncertain to put money down on anything else right now. But a 3 week South American/cruise itinerary sounds amazing!

We do have a large deposit on a family safari in Tanzania and Kenya for Summer 2022. I'm looking forward to long drives in the Savannah, the wonder on my kids' faces when they see animals out in the wild, nights under a canopy of stars, and a few weeks away from checking social media incessantly. If our currently rebooked cruise for October 2021 on the Magic is safe to go, I'm looking forward to sailing down the Hudson past the Statue of Liberty, a romantic dinner with my DH in Palo, seeing the Crystal Caverns in Bermuda, and taking my kids for a nighttime kayak in the bioluminescent bay in Puerto Rico.

We were supposed to be on the Dream for Christmas, but pulled the plug. Now we have a cabin in the middle of nowhere a couple hours from home booked. We're going to hide from the world for a few days with a hot tub on a screened in porch. When cruising has started again and we feel comfortable going (and on a plane to get there) we have over $5000 in Disney gift cards to book something last minute.

We have two cruises booked, one for late 2021, originally booked for Jan 2021 and a cruise booked for early 2022. The first cruise our daughter who will be done with college will be on her first cruise with us since the Magic in 2016. The early 2022 cruise is a 10 day that was cheap, great ports and landed on the calendar in a way that minimizes the vacation that is needed.

As for this year we do week in a cabin in N WI and we kept that and had a blast. Only went into town once and it is a place where you cook all your own meals so it was super safe. Last month we were lucky enough to do a bonus Saturday to Wednesday at the same resort and this time we stayed put except my wife made one trip to the grocery store because they had cleaning supplies and an outdoor farmers market. Again we felt super safe. Other than that we just do lots of walks, live in the country, and just enjoy life as much as possible.

The downside to this year, not a lot of social contact, the upside to this year, not a lot of money spent so that is a plus.

Just can't wait to get back cruising!

Have Disney World tentatively scheduled for July 2021 (we'll see what the world looks like then, in regards to a vaccine, and what Disney's policies are) and have DCL booked for December 2021

We have Disney World booked in January with some DVC points. We need to decide before the end of this month whether we’ll travel then or bank the points to our next use year. We also have three cruises booked b2b2b in September: Norwegian Fjords, British Isles, and Westbound Transatlantic. We’ll have to decide by early May as we reach the first of the booking deadlines for onboard activities and excursions. As 70-something seniors, we are waiting to see what the travel advisories are as well as the instituted changes in the cruise activities.

While we may be clamped down for now, the future is still in front of us.

A lot of us had booked vacations for this year, and the cancellations have prompted new travel plans. There is still a lot of uncertainty. Even the planning is difficult when you don't know when things will restart or return to normal (if ever). I also know a number of you aren't doing anything until a vaccine becomes widely available.

Still, life must go on. And adapt. And travel is now a part of it. Vacations are a part of it. You must take that break, or this bleak lifestyle will destroy your mental and emotional health.

So, what are you travel plans for the future? Share with us and inspire us!

It doesn't have to be a cruise. It can be a land vacation - or a period of time away from home. If winter/spring 2021 is a big unknown, what about summer next year or 2022?

Share some details too. Give some color. Not just that you booked a Fantasy cruise, but what are you excited about for that trip? A special excursion, or found a totally awesome deal? Plans to do something before or after the cruise? Visiting a new destination?

We were supposed to be taking our 3rd DCL cruise this November but it was cancelled :( We opted for the 125% and we were able to turn the 5 day Dream cruise we had planned into a 7 day Fantasy cruise December, 2021. While I'm disappointed to not be cruising this year, I'm hoping this turns out to be a blessing in disguise! We'll now get to stop at 3 ports we haven't stopped at before - Cozumel, Falmouth & George Town. And, while we are in Cozumel, we plan on doing Xcaret Nature Park as our port adventure -- which is where DH and I went during our honeymoon, so it will be nice to go back again with our DD. Plus, DD will be turning 12 during our cruise and will be age appropriate for Edge...which she was crossing her fingers that she'd be able to check out during our now cancelled November cruise but at 10 turning 11 it wasn't going to be a guarantee.

DD and DH are both dreading the loooooonnnngg wait for our next cruise.....so I've been sending them a new port adventure option every week or so to get them excited and try to make the wait fun. It's definitely hard to plan when everything is so up in the air but I'm trying to keep positive!

Happy travels everyone!! (fingers crossed!)

We had to postpone until 2022 a trip to the Passion Play in Oberramagau, Germany including a tour of the Black Forest and a river cruise through eastern Europe. We also have a credit with DCL for northern European cruise (paid with DVC points). Not sure how we will use that because Caribbean doesn't thrill me and I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable sailing in Europe. Maybe Canada again if they go to different ports or Panama Canal. We won't go anywhere until we have vaccine and doctors say it's safe to travel.
Meanwhile, our travel is every other week trips to grocery store.

We're here now at WDW with no kids, usually we have 3 little ones. We're young and healthy so we have no concerns with the virus.

We're coming back for a big family trip with the grandparents to WDW this November.

Then we were debating a spring trip in March but depending on how much Disney is back to normal that trip might get combined with a trip to WDW Nov 2021 when I believe most things Disney is not doing now, like fireworks, character greetings, will be back. Suffice it to say, once the experience is mostly back to normal we'll be doing a very long WDW trip to truly "return to the magic".

I will start.

We have the 9-night Fantasy cruise booked for next July, and we really want to visit some of the outer Caribbeans ports this way - in particular, St Lucia - and finish it off with CC, of course.

But this cruise will be our "reward" for a two-week active trip to South America - visiting Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. The two-week-or-so South American itinerary will include Bolivian salt flats, Machu Pichhu, Amazon rainforest in Peru, and cities such as Lima, Cusco, and La Paz. We don't know if we can squeeze a Galapagos trip into it, but it will be three weeks in total with the Fantasy cruise making up the last 9 days.

We are booked on this same cruise! We are super excited and hope that it happens. We met a family on a cruise 2 years ago and they are also on this cruise. We are happy to meet up with them again. 9 days is exciting too since we have only done 7-day cruises!!

March spring break cruise to Baja on the Wonder, 10 night cruise on the Magic in Northern Europe in August (with some pre-cruise nights in Copenhagen) and our Grand Slam cruise on the Dream in November (also our first merrytime).
However, we're 'stuck' in Canada for the forseeable. The land border with the US is closed, but we can technically still fly to the US. But we have a mandatory 14 day quarantine once we return home and that is a deal breaker so I'm not feeling very confident at ALL about March and to be honest, I'm feeling only 50/50 on our Europe cruise. :( People in our cruise group from both the US and Canada are booking airfare already and I'm like SRSLY? ALREADY? Sigh. Will def be rebooking that one for 2022 anyway, if it doesn't happen next year ;-) Gotta keep on truckin!

Background
I am self employed and work from home and don't have kids. I am very flexible with my time off / schedule so I am not tied to a specific time of year or a specific amount of vacation time.

Immediate Plans Before Christmas
A 2 night stay in a hotel in my city. This just depends on local lockdown restrictions. I live in the suburbs about an hours bus journey from the city centre. Hard Rock Hotel opened in my city just before Covid happened. I did a 2 night stay in July and loved it so I want to do another 2 night stay in the next few weeks just to get away and be in a different area for a few days. However the Covid situation in Ireland is bad again so I'm not booking it at the moment.

The Will It Wont It Plan
Currently have flights and hotels booked for a November 2020 international trip to California. This trip is dependent on both the Irish Government and USA Government lifting the international travel bans. I plan to keep rolling onwards and rescheduling every few weeks and as soon as the travel bans are lifted I will be on the plane. This was originally my annual June trip to California and Disneyland. Realistically I think it will be January or February before I travel. I don't want to give up and just reschedule to June 2021.

The Rescheduled UK Trip
Original flights and hotel booked for my September 2020 DCL European Cruise. I rescheduled to March 2021 and will just use the flights for a 4 day mini break in London. Again this depends on international travel bans, as currently travel from Ireland to UK is banned. At the time rescheduling to March seemed realistic but right now knows.

Rescheduled DCL European Cruise
Originally booked on a September 2020 European Cruise, rebooked for September 2021 Norwegian Fjords Cruise. This seems to be the one which is most likely to go ahead as planned.

No cruises for the MacSpiff Family for a while. We took the refund on our cancelled August Dream cruise, since we're sending a son off to college next summer and the timeline for that is still unknown. Did a lot of camping this summer / fall, and spent a wonderful week in a lakeside cottage. Not cruising this year did wonders for our savings account and we really enjoyed spending a lot of time together all by ourselves. We're planning on doing more of the same in 2021.

I'm feeling only 50/50 on our Europe cruise. :( People in our cruise group from both the US and Canada are booking airfare already and I'm like SRSLY? ALREADY? Sigh. Will def be rebooking that one for 2022 anyway, if it doesn't happen next year ;-) Gotta keep on truckin!

Italy/Greece for June 2021. Not confident. Some from our cruise group, as well, are booking airfare. Premature, until cruising in general returns-imo. If that doesn't go we have a DCL Bermuda trip with a deposit. We shall see. I would love for the Canadian border to open. I would take a road trip to Niagara. But for now we spend time in nature, kayak, hike, walk, bike. Always reassessing our plans and what feels safe and not too restrictive to us. Maybe San Fran and the redwoods next summer if things improve and cruising still feels too locked down.

After having our last cruise, Hawaii to Vancouver, canceled we now have May Eastbound Transatlantic and June Greek Island's booked and hoping we get to do one of them. I'm only about 50-50 that our TA will happen so trying to not get excited. If our Greece cruise sails we will spend few nights in Rome prior to our cruise and all the port stops on Greece cruise. Will love to visit Pompeii again since we did this port on a previous Med cruise and it happened to be my sons 8th birthday. Hopefully after the cruise we will spend another week in Italy traveling by train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter