She's Packing it All In, a June 2023 5 Night Copper Creek 1BR Trip Report (Completed 8/17)

And the best part was we managed to land ahead of schedule. After landing at 6:25 I got the room number text, but only the second text of two. Looking at my phone, I still had the room number from last trip to Boardwalk, and I couldn't figure our why the number they sent didn't exist at WL. After a minute of confusion, I got the first text that actually had the number. To my delight, it was room 5105, which is one of the so called "bear face" rooms tha topens to the lobby yet faces the inner courtyard. We always request rooms that meet this criteria, but in all of our WL trips this was our first time getting one of these rooms. I couldn't wait to see it in person.

He was beside himself guys. I think if the people around us on the plane were paying attention they would think he was nuts. I kinda thought he was nuts….

Here’s Allie’s vlog link for the first day. We will include these at the end of each day’s report. They are pretty cute:

Had to come back and find your trip report to see what your room number was. We just got back from our first stay at Copper Creek in a 1 bedroom and we had room 5105 too. Based on your description and pictures, I had thought we might have the same room you had and it turns out we did. Loved the location and view so much! Made for a magical stay!

Found your report and what a delight it was to binge over the past few days! I am not on Disboards in the summer months so I often miss out on live updates then.

We did the same thing with the stroller - phased it out as our girls got big enough to walk. But what I miss now is somewhere to keep all my bags! We have never rented a car in WDW but we love renting them for our National Park trips. It always makes me feel like I am getting a new car for a week or so, at least!

I always very much enjoy your food recaps and beautiful photos. But this time having Allie's vlogs was a fun watch! My daughters are 6th and 9th grades so I feel like I understood her emotions. Or maybe I totally didn't, which is the norm in my house!

In April we are flying into LAX, doing Disneyland, and then a short cruise on DCL out of San Diego. Do you have any Disneyland suggestions for me? Or do you have a trip report you suggest I read? I think I have read all of yours but would gladly go back and take notes on a DL one!

In April we are flying into LAX, doing Disneyland, and then a short cruise on DCL out of San Diego. Do you have any Disneyland suggestions for me? Or do you have a trip report you suggest I read? I think I have read all of yours but would gladly go back and take notes on a DL one!
OP lives relatively close enough to Disneyland that I'm not sure they would be writing trip reports about it. (Besides the fact that they said they hadn't been going there lately....) Maybe they have a favorite one by someone else.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Looking forward to next year :)
Thanks! We are looking forward to next year too, and are at under 180 days now!

Had to come back and find your trip report to see what your room number was. We just got back from our first stay at Copper Creek in a 1 bedroom and we had room 5105 too. Based on your description and pictures, I had thought we might have the same room you had and it turns out we did. Loved the location and view so much! Made for a magical stay!
That is so awesome! We totally missed this comment. We are so glad that you got that room, it is our best yet and would be an awesome addition to any trip. We are glad you had a nice time!

Great report, just finished reading it now!
Neato, we are glad you enjoyed it.

Found your report and what a delight it was to binge over the past few days! I am not on Disboards in the summer months so I often miss out on live updates then.

We did the same thing with the stroller - phased it out as our girls got big enough to walk. But what I miss now is somewhere to keep all my bags! We have never rented a car in WDW but we love renting them for our National Park trips. It always makes me feel like I am getting a new car for a week or so, at least!

I always very much enjoy your food recaps and beautiful photos. But this time having Allie's vlogs was a fun watch! My daughters are 6th and 9th grades so I feel like I understood her emotions. Or maybe I totally didn't, which is the norm in my house!

Hello! I’m sorry it took so long for us to see this. We always are excited to see that someone enjoyed the report. It is fun to share the things that make each trip unique, so we don’t wind up doing the exact same things over and over, even if they are fun.

As for Disneyland, we don’t have any big reports on those trips since we usually did them from home for shorter periods of time, often on weeknights after work. We do have some general DLR favorites though. The Grand Californian is great, even if you just pop in to visit the snack bar. We loved the nachos there, and it is a quiet break right next to the park. DCA is a neat park, and in WDW terms has aspects of Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but it’s own unique attractions too. California Screaming was our favorite Disney coaster before the Incredi-coaster retheme, and still is cool. At DL it is incredible how much they fit into such little space, which is totally different than the expansive spaces at WDW. We really don’t have any current tips since it has been so long since we have been to DLR, even though it is so close.

We were in San Diego yesterday at SeaWorld, and grew up going there and still enjoy it. The San Diego Zoo is a frequent time filler for us between WDW trips, but I don’t know how much extra time you’ll have while hopping between Anaheim and the ship. We have never done a Disney (or any other) cruise, but it is on our bucket list. Have a great time and feel free to ask any So Cal questions you come up with.

OP lives relatively close enough to Disneyland that I'm not sure they would be writing trip reports about it. (Besides the fact that they said they hadn't been going there lately....) Maybe they have a favorite one by someone else.
Thanks for commenting to bring this up to our attention. We’re here, and looking forward to the planning for this year, where we will have another great June trip to WDW and then more Disney fun later in the year as well, stay tuned.

I've been away from the boards for a while and was happy to see a new trip report from your family:) it's crazy to see how much Allie has grown. Marshall's inflation comment actually made me laugh out loud, what a character.

I am planning a May June trip in 2024. My son who will be turning 7. I had gotten rid of the stroller because it was taking up unnecessary room. reading your report makes me think that I'm going to need to be renting one too. How much did they charge you for the daily rental?

I've been away from the boards for a while and was happy to see a new trip report from your family:) it's crazy to see how much Allie has grown. Marshall's inflation comment actually made me laugh out loud, what a character.

I am planning a May June trip in 2024. My son who will be turning 7. I had gotten rid of the stroller because it was taking up unnecessary room. reading your report makes me think that I'm going to need to be renting one too. How much did they charge you for the daily rental?

Hello and welcome back! We had never really considered renting a Disney stroller but it worked out great. It was $15 for one day, or $13 a day for multiple days. You just keep your receipt and pick up a stroller whenever you need one for the number of days that you purchased.

We will be back there in early June 2024. The crowds weren’t as bad as we feared last year, so hopefully it is nice for us again in 2024.

It’s been a couple years, but I’m so happy a TR from y’all was right on the front page when I peeked in yesterday.

I’m going to be going back to your first couple TRs and see how you did things with tiny ones because I’m *hoping* we can take my now 2 yo soon. It will be interesting to compare what it was like when your kids were little to what it’s like with little now.

Anyway, your kids are too grown. I can’t stand it. Allie is a whole adult now.

Looking forward to your next pre-trip report! Will it be just the four of you going again?
It should be very similar to last year, same time of year and the four of us in a one bedroom. It worked great so we will do it again.

It’s been a couple years, but I’m so happy a TR from y’all was right on the front page when I peeked in yesterday.

I’m going to be going back to your first couple TRs and see how you did things with tiny ones because I’m *hoping* we can take my now 2 yo soon. It will be interesting to compare what it was like when your kids were little to what it’s like with little now.

Anyway, your kids are too grown. I can’t stand it. Allie is a whole adult now.
Hello and welcome back once again. As you can see, time flies, especially when the kids are involved. I bet a lot of the tips and tricks and things to do with little ones still apply, and we can attest that they lead to raising some Disney loving kids. They both love it and can’t wait to go back.
Have a great time planning your future trip, and feel free to ask us anything you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter