She's Packing it All In, a June 2023 5 Night Copper Creek 1BR Trip Report (Completed 8/17)

When we left off we were headed for LeCellier.
p2215501447-4.jpg

We went back and forth about this reservation and what steak house we wanted to revisit on this trip. We chose Le Cellier because we felt like it needed a second shot.

Plus it has the advantage of being in the park.

It was always the "dream Signature" restaurant for us and this would only be our second time ever getting to eat inside the restaurant (since bowls of soup at Food and Wine don't officially count.) We arrived at LeCellier at 7:30 and were seated right away. Looking over the menu, we decided to share a rib eye, and Allie got poutine.

We started with the wedge salad though, it was really good being hot out and all. It’s hard to make a bad wedge salad though.
p2215501525-4.jpg

It was yummy. For an entree Marshall went with mac and cheese with fruit. Allie's poutine was excellent, but our steak was just ok.
p2215501314-4.jpg

p2215501448-4.jpg

I wish I could say it was amazing but it just fell flat for us. The rest of the meal was great though. I’m up for a round three but next time we order no steak, just apps and sides because the poutine was great, the salad was good, and while we didn’t get the soup this time, it’s on my list for next time.

This visit reinforced our prior views of LeCellier. It is a great restaurant, with lots of great choices for appetizers and desserts, and now excellent poutine, but next time we might just skip the steak. That kind of hurts it in the overall steakhouse score for us though. Looking back on the trip, it is a great compliment that our worst meal of the entire trip was LeCellier, I mean that shows we ate well.

Oh for sure! Our next streakhouse revisit will likely be Yachtsman, just a hunch.

We did order dessert too, the creme brulee and the maple tart. They were ok, too. Didn’t blow us out of the water though.
p2215501283-4.jpg

I feel like a super harsh critic, don’t get me wrong, it was a great meal.

On any other trip it coud have been the best meal, and I'm still surprised that Sci Fi beat it on this one, but hey, it keeps it interesting.

After we finished at Le Cellier we were headed out of the park. If you recall we hadn’t driven to the park today so we had to hitch a ride.
p2215500245-4.jpg

Paul initially proposed that we take the monorail and visit those resorts but I was afraid Marshall wasn’t going to last long doing that and we didn’t have a stroller.
p2215500632-4.jpg

p2215500851-4.jpg

p2215500156-4.jpg

I didn't want to just take the bus straight back, and I really wanted a monorail ride so I convinced Melissa to hop on (possibly since the walk was shorter than the WL bus stop.)
p2215500733-4.jpg

We got to the station at 8:47, and on the Lime monorail at 8:50.
p2215499837-4.jpg

It was shorter for sure. We switched over to the express monorail to the Magic Kingdom at the TTC where we met a soon to be bride. I was evesdropping hearing her talk about wedding bands and couldn’t help but offer some unsolicited advice. Turns out she was really sweet and was on her way to dinner with her soon to be in-laws while her fiancee was off building a light saber. This is the kind of stuff you miss when you just drive to the parks. I think we ended up with a nice balance though.

That is so true. They were a very nice family from Chicago, and they were familiar with Southern California.
p2215500633-4.jpg

When we got to our stop at MK it was 9:11 and wasn't too crowded at all. The lure of hitting three parks in a day was strong, and being that close to the gate we all could feel it. I convinced Melissa to hop in to accomplish the feat.

His powers of persuasion were strong.

Then, as we walked under the train tracks they announced the upcoming fireworks.
p2215499819-4.jpg

We had just enough time for a quick potty stop before they began, and we finally got to watch the fireworks this trip. Allie had tears in her eyes as we recorded them.
p2215499804-4.jpg

p2215499803-4.jpg

p2215499798-4.jpg

p2215499591-4.jpg

I do admit it was worth the stop, but as soon as the fireworks were over we turned around and hightailed it to the boat dock. Paul says we got there at 9:40.
p2215499516-4.jpg

We got to the dock before the rush, and there wasn't even a boat there yet. A big boat arrived at 9:48 and left full at 9:53. Everyone fromthe dock made it on the one large boat.

It was nice to not have to leave anyone.
p2215499458-4.jpg

We got to WL at 10:05, and went up to the room via the Roaring Fork elevator to avoid the climb up the ramp. I dropped Melissa and the kids off at the room, then picked up our mugs and ran down to Roaring Fork for a late mug refill.

We unfortunatley had packing to do but since it was a shorter trip than we were used to we didn’t have as much out to pack away. We decided we’d make breakfast reservations for Whispering Canyon since this is something that we’ve found hard to do with the bigger group. It’s just too stressful with a ton of people on departure day.

We made enough progress packing that night that we were confident in our ability to finish packing the next morning and have time for breakfast, so look forward to that in the next update...

Great updates! Love the re-created Epcot photo. How fun! Also, the picture you took from the monorail with the moon and MK in the background. We had a similar experience with LeCellier. Our steaks were not great - for the cost and it being a steakhouse, that should not be the case. Nice you could pop into MK at the end of your day. I think it would be fun to try the 4-park challenge but not sure DH would go for it :-)

We got to WL at 10:05, and went up to the room via the Roaring Fork elevator to avoid the climb up the ramp. I dropped Melissa and the kids off at the room, then picked up our mugs and ran down to Roaring Fork for a late mug refill.

I've enjoyed your entire trip report (and others you've done too), but I'm not sure I've ever commented. But THIS right here, the Roaring Fork elevator?! How have I missed this pro-tip to avoid that ramp?!

As a side note, I say that the ramp is very on theme for the resort. It simulates a northwest hike.

How was the view of the fireworks from the front of the train station? It has always been tempting to stand back there. We found an uncrowded spot in front of Crystal Palace the last time we were there. We couldn't see the laser show on the castle, but the fireworks view was great. Then we raced through the Emporium and beat most of the crowd out the gates. I like the fact that they don't close the park right after the fireworks. :)

We've hopped on the big boat after the MK fireworks and it so very convenient. :)

Great updates! Love the re-created Epcot photo. How fun! Also, the picture you took from the monorail with the moon and MK in the background. We had a similar experience with LeCellier. Our steaks were not great - for the cost and it being a steakhouse, that should not be the case. Nice you could pop into MK at the end of your day. I think it would be fun to try the 4-park challenge but not sure DH would go for it :-)
It is crazy how the photo recreation just happened. They sent it to us while we were still there, so we did it. That’s interesting you had a similar Le Cellier experience. Oh well, they can’t all be winners.
We did make a four park day during our first trip with Allie, but that was over 10 years ago now. Wow, we feel old, and barely made it to three parks this time.

I've enjoyed your entire trip report (and others you've done too), but I'm not sure I've ever commented. But THIS right here, the Roaring Fork elevator?! How have I missed this pro-tip to avoid that ramp?!

As a side note, I say that the ramp is very on theme for the resort. It simulates a northwest hike.
Lol, we are glad to help. I usually don’t enjoy walking the hotel hallways instead of the ramp, but after a long day of walking we wanted the easiest route possible, and it worked well.

How was the view of the fireworks from the front of the train station? It has always been tempting to stand back there. We found an uncrowded spot in front of Crystal Palace the last time we were there. We couldn't see the laser show on the castle, but the fireworks view was great. Then we raced through the Emporium and beat most of the crowd out the gates. I like the fact that they don't close the park right after the fireworks. :)

We've hopped on the big boat after the MK fireworks and it so very convenient. :)
We thought the view was ok. If we had arrived a little earlier we would have avoided trees blocking some of the fireworks, but it wasn’t bad. Being at the front of the group for the boat was nice.

Love the picture of the moon and the Contemporary! Beautiful! Great report, keep it coming :)
That was a great photo for a quick phone snapshot. We’re glad you are enjoying the report. Sadly it is almost over, as the next day is our departure day, but we’ll share it till the end.

Love Le Cellier! Definitely a must do!
I'm sure we'll be back, but it may not be for the steak...

Also I know a lot has been chaotic for *gestures wildly at everything* but know your trip reports always are awesome!
Thanks so much. We have to work to find time to get them written, but we do enjoy it and it is even better when others enjoy them too.

I've also found that at Le Cellier, the sides are better than the steak. The steak was awesome at Space 220!
Sometimes the steak is the star, and sometimes it isn't. That's good to hear about Space 220.

On our departure day, I got up at 6AM and went to take pictures one more time.
p2259180981-4.jpg

p2259180954-4.jpg

I got the sunrise from Geyser Point, and caught one of the large ferries before it headed across the water bridge.
p2259180608-4.jpg

p2259179197-4.jpg

p2259178767-4.jpg

Then I went over to the transportation boat dock and got a few pictures of it and the lodge.
p2259179855-4.jpg

p2259179332-4.jpg

p2259180802-4.jpg

p2259178974-4.jpg

We did pretty good packing the night before so I was able to snooze a little before I decided to get up. It was probably the most relaxing go home morning we’ve ever had.

It was super nice. Often we have decided not to do a breakfast reservation because of being busy packing up, but we were totally fine for our 9:05 WCC reservation. After taking pictures out and about, I went back up to to the room and sat on the balcony for a while. I got pictures of it, since it is a great spot in the resort, and one that we may not have available to us on the next trip.
p2259179796-4.jpg

p2259180719-4.jpg

I had to peel him off the balcony to help me finish getting suitcases packed up.

After we finished the packing and taking of random room pics we headed down to the lobby at 9:00.
p2259178698-4.jpg

We just left the bags in the room while we went down to breakfast.

We checked in and were seated about 9:10.
p2259178653-4.jpg

We all ordered the skillet. It was a great breakfast, the food was perfect, the antics were fun, and it was a great way to round out the trip.
p2259178661-4.jpg

It has been a few trips since we got to do WCC for breakfast, and it is something we really enjoy. It was perfect for this trip on a lazy departure day. When Marshall requested ketchup, they gave him the option of quiet or loud ketchup, and he went for the loud one knowing what fun it would bring. The ketchup was delivered by a group of college program kids who were having a breakfast together at WCC.
p2259178431-4.jpg

They were super cute, and got into the fun. The same group led the stick horse race once they were called into duty by the WCC cast members. They played along well and were up for the fun.

I thought it was a nice way to ask if you wanted to participate. Our long time followers might remember the meltdowns from Allison over the antics here. Luckily she’s outgrown that. Marshall had a lot of fun with the ketchup and it wasn’t long before the kids were shuffling it off to another table. Neither kid wanted to do the stick horse race though. I think they didn’t want their Mickey waffles to get cold.

Yes, by that point they were getting into eating their breakfast, and we all loved the waffles. One particular treat was we got some Minnie waffles as well, which were super cute.
p2259178422-4.jpg

It was a great meal to wrap up a great stay at WL. We went back up to the room at 10:20 to collect our bags.
p2259178013-4.jpg

We drug all of our bags downstairs to the front of the lodge and I waited with the kids at the front while Paul pulled the Jeep around.
p2259177915-4.jpg

It felt strange to be leaving the Lodge but still have things to do before the airport but that’s a perk of renting a car.

I pulled right up to the front and we loaded up the Jeep.
p2259177794-4.jpg

p2259177697-4.jpg

It wasn't quite as sad as a usual DME departure. As we pulled through the parking lot Marshall ducked a few more Jeeps.
p2259177658-4.jpg

We weren't done yet though, check back for our next update as we fill time before heading to the airport.

Last edited:
I got the sunrise from Geyser Point, and caught one of the large ferries before it headed across the water bridge.
I think the views of Bay Lake are much better now that they have removed a lot of the foliage from the shoreline.
I got pictures of it, since it is a great spot in the resort, and one that we may not have available to us on the next trip.
I like that angle. You can't see the rest of the building and it looks like a nice little mountain stream. :)
The ketchup was delivered by a group of college program kids who were having a breakfast together at WCC.
I bet those CP kids had a lot of fun that morning. :)

Departure day :-( Beautiful morning pictures. I love the WL lobby. Nice shot of the ferry. I can definitely see the perks of having a rental. We usually like that you can go car-less at Disney but it would give a feeling of freedom and control. Interested to see what else you're able to do prior to the airport!

I think the views of Bay Lake are much better now that they have removed a lot of the foliage from the shoreline.
People complain either way, but it does seem to be nicely kept.

I like that angle. You can't see the rest of the building and it looks like a nice little mountain stream. :)
It shows the theme very well. Disney Details!

I bet those CP kids had a lot of fun that morning. :)
They looked to be having a ball.

Departure day :-( Beautiful morning pictures. I love the WL lobby. Nice shot of the ferry.
Thanks. I always get a kick out of seeing them move over from Bay Lake each morning.

I can definitely see the perks of having a rental. We usually like that you can go car-less at Disney but it would give a feeling of freedom and control.
We were always big proponents of doing Disney without a car, and we can see the advantages, but having one definitely seems to have its pluses too. We liked having the car more than we thought we would, and we will get one for our next trip.

Interested to see what else you're able to do prior to the airport!
Spoiler alert, it will likely be shopping related. ;)

I would have had to be dragged off of that balcony!
Exactly! I was actually kind of sad to leave it, since we had hoped for that location for many visits. It would be hard to beat, and we will continue to try for it again.

On the Minnie waffle, is there something in the middle of the bow, or is that just an indentation?
It was just an indentation, but they were super cute. It kind of begged for a berry or something there to decorate it.

I have enjoyed your trip reports over the years and am glad I found this one. Your kids have gotten so big and your pictures are still gorgeous!

Yes, I like your "berry on the Minnie waffle" idea! They should do that, and they should pay you royalties!
I would just be happy to be able to get strawberries and whip cream on them from Roaring Fork like we used to...

I have enjoyed your trip reports over the years and am glad I found this one. Your kids have gotten so big and your pictures are still gorgeous!
Thanks so much. We are glad you are still following along. It is crazy how much the kids grow in 11 years. Having great stuff to take pictures of never gets old though.

Do you sell your pictures? They are beautiful! Wonderful report, your kids are just the cutest.
Melissa does some photography work on the side, things like portraits for special occasions and some weddings. We have the photo website sharing all set up for that, so it makes it easy to upload the WDW pictures. We used to use photo bucket, but then they started to charge for it so we now use the site we were already paying for. It gets annoying when we forget to turn the watermarks off though, because it hangs on to them and they still sometimes show up. The WDW pictures are just for fun, and taking them (especially at WL) is something I really enjoy while on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter