She's Packing it All In, a June 2023 5 Night Copper Creek 1BR Trip Report (Completed 8/17)

I would just be happy to be able to get strawberries and whip cream on them from Roaring Fork like we used to...

Thanks so much. We are glad you are still following along. It is crazy how much the kids grow in 11 years. Having great stuff to take pictures of never gets old though.

Melissa does some photography work on the side, things like portraits for special occasions and some weddings. We have the photo website sharing all set up for that, so it makes it easy to upload the WDW pictures. We used to use photo bucket, but then they started to charge for it so we now use the site we were already paying for. It gets annoying when we forget to turn the watermarks off though, because it hangs on to them and they still sometimes show up. The WDW pictures are just for fun, and taking them (especially at WL) is something I really enjoy while on vacation.
You sir, are one incredible photographer!!!!!

Once we pulled out of the lodge we made our way towards where else... Disney Springs.
p2259177308-4.jpg

We had thought about shopping somewhere outside of the bubble, but we still had a few more things to see at The Springs and we figured it would be pretty quiet in the morning.

I was also nervous about getting lost or something out and about before we had to be at the airport.
p2259177279-4.jpg

We parked in the Orange Garage this time and Paul took lots of pictures of the elevators.
p2259177094-4.jpg

They have a glass wall on the back side of the hoistway, and unique Otis door locks so I sent a pic to Melissa's Dad. He recognized them right away. Back on vacation, we walked toward the store with the old teacup and skyway bucket.
p2259177004-4.jpg

p2259176931-4.jpg

We can't remember the name but it is a nice big one over by the theatres.

*after looking it up on the map we have determined the store is called Disney Style*.
p2259177103-4.jpg

I finally found a shirt that I liked and the kids bought two more munchlings to try and get the elusive Eeyore blueberry muffin.
p2259177132-4.jpg

The CM that checked us out was super sweet and told the kids if they didn’t get the one that they wanted she had a couple options in the back and they could exchange them.

It was so cute, she called it an "adoption program" where they had open box returned Munchlings, ahere guests could exchange one for another one. It turned out that both of Allies wound up being duplicates of ones she had, so we took advantage of the exchange program. Allie was finally then able to get her Eeyore.

I’m glad that we didn't discover the exchange program until the end of the trip. I know it probably cost us more in Munchlings but it felt like a great way to end the search.

Our next stop was the MnMs store, which we had not been to yet this trip. Marshall really wanted to get a custom mixed container, and was able to convince us to let him put one together.
p2259176468-4.jpg

It was really hard to say no to M&Ms and he had fun filling his cup.

Then we worked our way back across towards World of Disney, with stops at the Coke store, Vera Bradley, and Columbia.

At Vera Bradly I really liked a duffle that I hadn’t seen before.
p2259176169-4.jpg

I managed to talk myself out of it though incase there might be something else we ran into. It was still early in our shopping day.
p2259176215-4.jpg

Next up on Allie's request list was a visit to UniQlo to make a custom shirt, so that's what we did. The choices were really quite limited, and there were lots of rules that prevented you from combining text with character images, or using multiple characters, but she finally picked out an Eeyore logo and put it on a shirt.
p2259175852-4.jpg

p2259175825-4.jpg

It had a line of copyright text across the bottom of the screen, but I told Allie it wouldn't be printed that way. Once we got the shirt we found out I was wrong, and the text was printed right across the bottom of the shirt. It was less than magical, but oh well, we got a good laugh over it.
p2259175721-4.jpg

p2259175690-4.jpg

p2259175675-4.jpg

It was pretty darned funny, beware the copyright text. She’s a teenager though so when we got home she just cut the bottom of the shirt off and she had the perfect excuse for a crop top.

Problem solved! We continued shopping and were looking for something with Rapunzel on it for Grandma Nancy. All we could find was a pin from the pin trading shop, but it was something.
p2259175439-4.jpg

Then we decided to grab some lunch before leaving, so we went to Earl of Sandwich for the first time in Florida for us.
p2259175062-4.jpg

p2259174940-4.jpg

We really miss Wolfgang Puck Express but Earl of Sandwich was good. There were little squirrels hanging out begging for food. We didn’t feed them though and they left us alone.

We weren't super hungry but were able to get a little something. I think we shared an Italian sandwich and Allie got the Pizza Bread and Marshall got a Turkey sandwich. It hit the spot, then we made our way towards the car.

I had decided though with all of the stuff we accumulated we probably needed that duffle I had skipped earlier so we made a pit stop back at Vera Bradley to pick that up.
p2259174750-4.jpg

Marshall and I stayed outside, but having the bag did work well for all the extra odds and ends from the last day.
p2259174872-4.jpg

We got the bag at 2:08, then got to the Orange parking garage at 2:18.
p2259174540-4.jpg

We followed the phone directions to the airport taking the toll road, and stopped to fill the Jeep at a 7-11 just before the airport at 2:46.
p2259174126-4.jpg

p2259174297-4.jpg

It saved so much time to have the rental car and be able to go straight to the airport instead of back to the resort, and then wait for the bus.

It was a quick trip, and was made even quicker by following the phone directions rather than the road signs. That's an interesting aspect of Florida toll roads.

We made it to the airport right at 3:00, and proceeded to unload the Jeep.
p2259174006-4.jpg

We had to drop off the toll road tag on the A side but then our airline was on the B side so that was a little bit of a pain.
p2259174024-4.jpg

Looking back we think we might just do the tolls through the rental car company right?

Yeah, we did the toll pass mirror hanger thing, but one of the tolls wound up going through the rental car copmpany instead, so we paid both ways and it would have been easier not to have to deal with picking up and dropping off the hang tag.

We got our bags dropped off though and made it through security with no big issues.

After getting in line at 3:34 we were through security by 3:46. I love having TSA Pre. The only issue we had was the agent who asked Marshall his name and insisted on a middle name, which took some questioning to get him to give the officer.

He got nervous and was slow on the recall but we made it through.

Soon we were on the monorail headed to our gate. We got there over an hour early, so we hung out and relaxed. Allie and I went shopping and the Chinese food place smelled really good so we went ahead and got some as a second lunch. We had eaten Chinese food here before and it was always great. It is one of the best parts of flying out of this terminal.
p2259173700-4.jpg

I highly recommend the Chinese food here, the noodles are delicious. While we were waiting we sat across from a young couple and they were eating chicken nuggets. The poor guy dropped one and made a comment something like “Oh man there goes like 15 bucks.” Then Marshall who was directly across from him, without missing a beat goes “Inflation, am I right?”
p2259173439-4.jpg

It was perfect. They wound up having a nice long conversation. It turns out they had just graduated from college. Marshall has a new set of friends now who got a kick out of his personality.

Our flight began boarding at 5:10, and we were on by 5:25.
p2259173534-4.jpg

They announced that we would fly over the gulf and have a quicker arrival in 4 hr, 55 min.
p2259173355-4.jpg

p2259173165-4.jpg

After Marshall's review of the flight safety equipment, and a brief Dad nap on my part, we pushed back at 5:48 and were airborne at 6:04.

Marshall slept through most of the flight which was really nice.
p2259173015-4.jpg

The kids are great travellers and as they get older it does get easier. I still can’t believe we survived Marshall’s first Disney trip when he was 9 months old. I’ve told people that the most tired I’ve ever been functional was on that trip.

Yeah, we have come a long way.

The flight to San Diego was nice, and we landed just after 9PM. It was a short walk to baggage claim, and then the car wasn't far from there.
p2259172845-4.jpg

p2259172799-4.jpg

It was way easier than LAX.

Soon we were on our way home, and we stopped for a late night dinner at In-n-Out on our way home, which was a perfect welcome home.
p2301190016-2.jpg

And that’s it. We’ve reached the end. We don’t have anymore teasers for you but we’ll do a wrap up post with our major take aways from the trip.

We made it home just after midnight, and even made it to work the next morning. It was a great trip, and we are looking forward to doing it again next year. Like Melissa said we'll be back with a wrap-up post soon.
p2172406180-4.jpg

Sad that it had to end. It was so fun to follow along, as usual. What's next for you guys? You mentioned a trip next year... Any other adventures planned in the meantime?

A DS shopping trip was the perfect way to end your trip. When I saw the picture of the duffel, I was hoping you'd pull the trigger! Flying in/out of smaller airports sure has it's perks. Maybe SD will be your new airport :-) Thanks so much for sharing your trip story and all the great pictures!

It was so cute, she called it an "adoption program" where they had open box returned Munchlings, ahere guests could exchange one for another one. It turned out that both of Allies wound up being duplicates of ones she had, so we took advantage of the exchange program. Allie was finally then able to get her Eeyore.
That sounds like an "unofficial" program that CM's invented. It is a wonderful idea, though. :)
It was pretty darned funny, beware the copyright text. She’s a teenager though so when we got home she just cut the bottom of the shirt off and she had the perfect excuse for a crop top.
The shirt is really cute. Eyeore has always been one of my sister's favorite Winnie the Pooh characters. :)
Looking back we think we might just do the tolls through the rental car company right?

Yeah, we did the toll pass mirror hanger thing, but one of the tolls wound up going through the rental car copmpany instead, so we paid both ways and it would have been easier not to have to deal with picking up and dropping off the hang tag.
Except for the toll pass thing, it sounds like renting a Jeep was a huge success. You got to the airport quickly.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your next Disney trip. :)

Sad that it had to end. It was so fun to follow along, as usual. What's next for you guys? You mentioned a trip next year... Any other adventures planned in the meantime?
Vacation season is coming to an end, and Allie went back to school today. We are starting our planning for June 2024, and hope to have a very similar WL trip. We'll share more here as we make our plans. Other than that, we'll have our usual winter trips to the sand dunes this winter, and we are planning a Las Vegas trip for something fun and close.

A DS shopping trip was the perfect way to end your trip. When I saw the picture of the duffel, I was hoping you'd pull the trigger! Flying in/out of smaller airports sure has it's perks. Maybe SD will be your new airport :-) Thanks so much for sharing your trip story and all the great pictures!
We are surprised that we had so many DS trips on such a short trip, but it was a great choice and we felt way more comfortable there than doing more outside the bubble exploring. It was fun and will likely be our departure day plan as long as we have a car.
San Diego is a great option. It is two hours from our house which is still a little long on the trip home, but it isn't any worse than LAX and is a nicer airport. As long as we can get a decent price on nonstops from there, it is a contender. We have an airport 20 minutes from the house, but they have very few nonstops, so it becomes a trade off of dealing with a layover in order to leave from closer to home. For this trip, San Diego was awesome.
We're always glad when people enjoy following along!

That sounds like an "unofficial" program that CM's invented. It is a wonderful idea, though. :)
It was very unofficial but totally brilliant. Well done.

The shirt is really cute. Eyeore has always been one of my sister's favorite Winnie the Pooh characters. :)
It's even cuter without the text on the bottom now...

Except for the toll pass thing, it sounds like renting a Jeep was a huge success. You got to the airport quickly.
We really enjoyed having a rental car. We didn't get as much extra benefit out of it being a Jeep like we did in Hawaii, so for future trips any good sized rental car will do fine, but we do plan on renting a car.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your next Disney trip. :)
SO are we! Our countdown clock is at 298 days now, so we guess it is time to start the planning. We'll share some more plans for next trip here when we write the wrap up.

Of course you needed the VB duffel to carry odds and ends. What else would one do?
Sometimes life just tells us we needed another bag. It is a cool useful souvenir though. :)

Last edited:
We did DS for the first time in 14 years last trip and trip reports like yours made me take the plunge. Your trip reports make DS look like a nice leisurely time and the kids seem to always enjoy it.

We did it in the morning mid trip. I’m not the biggest shopping fan but we think it may be our arrival day place now. I figure we can start with a new shirt and ears! My DD17 really enjoyed it. As a teen she is a bit of a shopoholic so I’m not surprised she enjoyed it!

You are such a fun, nice-looking family! It's been really nice following you, can't wait for more future trips! Take care!!
Aww, thank you so much. We filter out the meltdowns and ugly faces, which makes for better reading. Seriously though, thanks for joining in and we'll look for you on the next one.

We did DS for the first time in 14 years last trip and trip reports like yours made me take the plunge. Your trip reports make DS look like a nice leisurely time and the kids seem to always enjoy it.

We did it in the morning mid trip. I’m not the biggest shopping fan but we think it may be our arrival day place now. I figure we can start with a new shirt and ears! My DD17 really enjoyed it. As a teen she is a bit of a shopoholic so I’m not surprised she enjoyed it!
Wow, DS for the first time in 14 years, that is neat. I'm sure it has changed a whole lot over that time, but it really is a fun destination. For us, it doesn't matter whether we are in a park, at a resort, or at DS, it's all part of the WDW fun for us. Getting to purchase things to bring home with us is an added bonus too!

We really enjoyed having a rental car. We didn't get as much extra benefit out of it being a Jeep like we did in Hawaii, so for futire trips any good sized rental car will do fine, but we do plan on renting a car.
We would always rent a convertible for our Hawaii trips. But never would rent one for our mainland trips. ;)

We would always rent a convertible for our Hawaii trips. But never would rent one for our mainland trips. ;)
Yeah, we didn't spend as much time in the car at Disney as in Hawaii, so the type of car really didn't matter that much, but we did want one with enough inside storage for all of our luggage. If we can save money with a Jeep over a minivan, we're all for it though.

Looking back on the trip, it worked out very well. We were concerned about whether the shorter trip would allow us to fit everythig in that we wanted to, and overall we are happy with what we did.

I think with everything going on with the business a longer trip would have probably been more stressful. This length seems to work out really well. June also was just fine.

Yes it was. With Allie's school it was really nice to not have to take time off. I think she got out early enough that not everybody was off yet, so crowds really weren't that bad. Overall it worked out so well that we signed up for the same time next year.

It’s way less stressful for her to not miss school now that she’s in middle school.

Once again Wildernesses Lodge was amazing and was like our home away from home.
p1783772501-4.jpg

p1820882969-4.jpg

Yes, WL is my favorite place on earth, and we did have our best room location ever. I loved that room. Also the 1 bedroom worked great for the four of us.
p1771005960-4.jpg

p1755328685-4.jpg

We also booked the same room type for next year.

Maybe we’ll get lucky again.

Renting a car also worked out amazing this year. I don’t regret not having done it on past trips but we’ve already booked one for next time.
p1674605423-4.jpg

That's a great way to put it. We have always done great without a car in the past, but with where we are at now, I think we will book one for future trips. We actually did less "outside the bubble" exploring than I thought we might, but it is cool to have the option. In the future I could see a trip to Kennedy Space center, but probably on a longer trip. For next year, as soon as we booked the DVC room I went on the Costco website and booked a car. At the time the most economical option was a mini van, and that would have been fine. This weekend I checked rates again though, and we actually were able to save $135 by switching to of all things...a four door Jeep. I gladly made the swap.

It’s a fun car and it’ll be nice to do a grocery run and have the flexibility again.

Another highlight of this trip was the food. Of all our trips, this one had the best food overall. Like a well refined plan, the restaurants worked out so well. The only new one for us was Plaza Inn, but we enjoyed it and every single meal this trip. Like we said before, to have Lecellier be our worst meal of the trip shows how great it was.
p1889365496-4.jpg

p1970401686-4.jpg

p1669847077-4.jpg

The food was amazing. It was tough with a shorter trip picking favorites but I think we did a good job.

That we did. I don't expect that we will change it up much for next year, because there are very few favorites that we'd be willing to give up.

Speaking of the trip length, we did decide to add one more night for next time, but still keep it at four park days. That will hopefully let us spread it out a bit more, and not be quite as packed in while keeping the park ticket cost down. We'll wind up with a non-park day in the middle somewhere, but with Disney Springs and a car I'm sure we'll keep ourselves busy.

We’ll have plenty to do without hitting the parks. I missed visiting the monorail resorts this time.
p2215500733-4.jpg

Yeah, we only hit the Contemporary this time, and that was only on our way to our attempted fireworks cruise.
p1843293964-4.jpg

p1654547294-4.jpg

We will have to try for that again next time, and probably will be able to do it from WL.

Yes! That’ll be fun. Fingers crossed we have good weather.

I am also glad we had park hoppers, and we likely will do that again. I just really like having the flexibility to go to another park after we start in one. We didn't do it every day this trip, but when we did, we had a lot of fun.

I think we got our moneys worth on the three park day.
p2172405951-4.jpg

p2215500851-4.jpg

p2215500633-4.jpg

That we did. I'm all for resort hoping too though, and I missed hanging out at Beach Club, I could see a trip over there next time, maybe with a Yachtsman dinner, we'll see.

Yachtsman sounds like a great plan. Or Ale and Compass for the bread.

Oh yeah Mmmm. We're not ready for another split stay though, and I'm still set on WL, so next time our trips to other resorts will just be to visit. I'm sure we'll stay there again sometime though.

I do feel like we did well this trip with the amount of food and stuff we bought for the room.
p1731863830-4.jpg

We didn't over-do it like we have in the past when ordering food. We still aren't going to have many meals in the room when there are so many good restaurant options. Who wants to cook on vacation anyway?

Not I. That’s for sure, especially on a short trip.

We once again have the stroller conundrum for next trip. I’m not sure what we’re gonna do.
p2172405621-4.jpg

Renting one in the parks when we needed it worked well, but there's still Disney Springs. Maybe with him being another year older and having a little more down time he'll be up for the task of walking it all next time.

That’s true. Maybe we can do some more walking this year to prepare too.

Yeah, we can have some more trial runs to the Zoo to build up our strength.

Also, as a souvenir update, my little plants from Living With The Land are doing great.
p2363981413-4.jpg

Ahh yes. They are super cool, and seem to be happy in our kitchen window.

Well, I guess that's about it for this one. Thanks to everyone for following along and joining in, and we'll be back at WDW in just 292 days!
p2259180608-4.jpg

I was amazed at how much you were able to do with a short trip. The park hopper was worth it. :)

A split stay doesn't work well for us. We like to fully unpack when we get to the room. We'll have our first ever no park day during our Sept trip since my sister-in-law bought the $99 per day ticket. But we are looking forward to exploring the possibilities. :)

The nice thing about June is that you don't have the nighttime parties at MK to mess up the schedule. It makes MK unbearable on non-party nights, especially in December.

The 1br villa is a great option. It's nice to have the kitchen, washer/dryer, and privacy that comes with it. :)

Loved your report and Allie's Vlogs! It was really nice to hear all of your voices, you are the cutest family. You said you'll be going next June, how did you find the crowds, manageable? Are Jon and Bandy joining you next time? Again, loved the report and can't wait for more in the future!!!

Sounds like a great trip. Loved all the Copper Creek pictures. We will be there in less than a month (28 days) in a 1 bedroom so your pictures got me excited for our stay there. Thanks for sharing!

I was amazed at how much you were able to do with a short trip. The park hopper was worth it. :)
Yeah, we didn't wind up park hopping for some of the days, but when we did it was nice. It is also nice to know that we could have, instead of being locked in to a single park.

A split stay doesn't work well for us. We like to fully unpack when we get to the room. We'll have our first ever no park day during our Sept trip since my sister-in-law bought the $99 per day ticket. But we are looking forward to exploring the possibilities. :)
Yeah, the split stay wasn't our favorite either, and really doesn't work with shorter trips. We have never had a non-park day either, but I am sure we will still have a good time, and we can spend just as much time at Disney Springs as a park so I know we'll have fun.

The nice thing about June is that you don't have the nighttime parties at MK to mess up the schedule. It makes MK unbearable on non-party nights, especially in December.
Yes, and we just can't justify the additional cost of party admission as well.

The 1br villa is a great option. It's nice to have the kitchen, washer/dryer, and privacy that comes with it. :)
It is a nice big room, and having the in room washer and dryer is a game changer. It would be hard to downgrade to a studio, especially for the four of us.

Loved your report and Allie's Vlogs! It was really nice to hear all of your voices, you are the cutest family. You said you'll be going next June, how did you find the crowds, manageable? Are Jon and Bandy joining you next time? Again, loved the report and can't wait for more in the future!!!
We were pleasantly surprised at the June crowd level. It was still crowded, but not a whole lot worse than some of our other recent trips. I think COVID just shook everything up, and we had way more people there in the winter than there would have been in the past. It felt like we were ahead of the worst of the crowds, and the heat was not any worse than in September.
Jon and Brandy are on the fence, but will consider a June trip now after our good experience. They don't like the heat, and are looking forward to a December trip sometime, but they might come along in June. They'll have to decide pretty quick for this next one though.
We're glad you enjoy following along, and hearing us now for the first time in the Vlogs. We'll see you back here next time.

Great TR! Glad you came back with your final thoughts. Great pictures, good food, perfect room, lots of fun. Nice you're adding another night for next year - that might feel like the perfect amount of time. Once again, thanks for sharing your trip!
We all feel that 9-10 nights is better, but we gotta minimize the chaos at work and home as well. Allie and I like the idea of increasing the trip length by one day a year until we find out how long is too long. In about 10 years, a 15 day trip might be just perfect.

Sounds like a great trip. Loved all the Copper Creek pictures. We will be there in less than a month (28 days) in a 1 bedroom so your pictures got me excited for our stay there. Thanks for sharing!
Congratulations, your trip is so close. September is still probably out favorite time to go, because we had some great low crowd trips then. Maybe it will be returning to that this year. We also really enjoy Food and Wine, and you'll be there for the heart of it. We hope you enjoy the Copper Creek one bedroom as much as we did. They are really nice rooms. Be sure to ask if you have any other questions we could help with. Have a great time and let us know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter