SHHHHH!!!!! It's A Surprise Wedding!!!

OceanLvr

Mouseketeer
This is actually a pre-cruise posting. I am hoping to keep you all in suspense for the next 98 days. My DW and I were married in January of this year. We MAGICally convinced our families that taking a cruise in September was a great idea...They bought it!!!:rotfl2:

The kick is that my DW and I have planned to have our "ceremony" on Castaway Cay. And the families have NO idea.

We are booked for our cruise: September 23, 2007 (4 days).

The cast of characters includes (but keeps growing):
Me - Joel (DH)
DW - Kim

Our children:
Hunter
Payton
John

Parents:
Joel
Sandy
Donna
Hanh
Jim

Sister:
Elizabeth
Daughter -Kalee

Friends:
Lucy
Tony
Tony's Kids: Ashley & Anthony

So with 16 total, we have done a good job so far as to not tell anyone that we are already married or even planning on getting married in the near future.

We were able to secure dinning roations so that everyone was seated together. We have booked Palo for Tuesday night for all of the adults...We are sitting in the private room (very nice). The kids are already booked for the Oceaneers Club and the baby for Flounder's Reef.

I'll keep you all posted as to our progress and happenings and hope to bring you a laughable visit to our wedding adventure.

This is actually a pre-cruise posting. I am hoping to keep you all in suspense for the next 98 days. My DW and I were married in January of this year. We MAGICally convinced our families that taking a cruise in September was a great idea...They bought it!!!:rotfl2:

The kick is that my DW and I have planned to have our "ceremony" on Castaway Cay. And the families have NO idea.

We are booked for our cruise: September 23, 2007 (4 days).

The cast of characters includes (but keeps growing):
Me - Joel (DH)
DW - Kim

Our children:
Hunter
Payton
John

Parents:
Joel
Sandy
Donna
Hanh
Jim

Sister:
Elizabeth
Daughter -Kalee

Friends:
Lucy
Tony
Tony's Kids: Ashley & Anthony

So with 16 total, we have done a good job so far as to not tell anyone that we are already married or even planning on getting married in the near future.

We were able to secure dinning roations so that everyone was seated together. We have booked Palo for Tuesday night for all of the adults...We are sitting in the private room (very nice). The kids are already booked for the Oceaneers Club and the baby for Flounder's Reef.

I'll keep you all posted as to our progress and happenings and hope to bring you a laughable visit to our wedding adventure.

So, we've got two pre-trippies going for our cruise, huh? I guess we're gonna be reporting on some of the same stuff from CC? You as a participant, while I'll be sitting 30 feet away making funny faces in an attempt to make you laugh.

So, my DW decided yesterday that she would get the ivitations done as well as the announcements.

Our plan is to have the stateroom hots/hostess deliver them while we are at dinner on Monday night. SO when they get back to change for some nightlife fun, they find them.

Here's what they say:

In the spirit of the magic
That brought us together
we,
Kim
and
Joel
Along with our children
Invite you to join us
for our fairytale wedding celebration
announcing our
"happily-ever-after"
Castaway Cay
Bahamas

Let me know what you think.

I am not on this cruise....although I kind-of wish I was now.....but I had to comment.

Great for you with the deception....I love doing things like that!!! But I have a question for you...how does your family not know you are married? :confused3

Have a great time!!!!!

Cheryl

I miss the fun by a week!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Was your wedding in January held privately?

If the family didn't get to attend--this makes this doubly cool!

Well first off...

We live in Orlando, my in-laws live in Ocala (about an hour north), my mom lives in Maine and my dad lives in Arizona. So they are spread out pretty well. When they visit, we hide anything related to our marriage (photos, mail, etc.) Our kids are too young to understand what is really going on here...

Our ceremony was private, held on the banks of the Grand Floridian/Seven Seas Lagoon and officiated by a friend of ours that is a minister. Here in Florida, you don't need witnesses for the ceremony. So it was fairly easy. Our friends here in Florida thought we just went away for a weekend. True to a point...We enjoyed a wedding dinner at Victoria & Alberts. It was really special.

Since it the second marriage for both of us, we thought we would just enjoy it; without all of the uproar usually associated with weddings. Everyone thinks we just live together, although they have brought up the marriage thing before, but we just put them off.

This really is alot of fun and we're enjoying every minute of it.
:banana:

Congratulations on your big suprise! I think it is fantastic. I'll be reading your report to see how you handle such a big group. Our Mexican Riviera cruise group just keeps getting bigger and we could be up to 19. I have a few questions. How did you all get at the same table for your dinning rotation. Our TA is connecting our reservations. Did you do anything beyond that? Also, how did you get a private room at Palo? We have eight adults. Thanks for the input and have fun with your planning. That is half the fun!

Because we are a wedding party, there are differnt rules.

We actually have a wedding coordinator assigned to us her on shore and will have one onboard. We make all requests through them for dinning, Palo, etc. You need 12 for the private room in Palo. Always worth it though. We so enjoy all of the great food and atmosphere.

We linked all of our reservations together through ours. As the bridal party we have a little more pull I think. After having spent as much money as we have aready, the least they can do is seat us all together.

Because we are a wedding party, there are differnt rules.

We actually have a wedding coordinator assigned to us her on shore and will have one onboard. We make all requests through them for dinning, Palo, etc. You need 12 for the private room in Palo. Always worth it though. We so enjoy all of the great food and atmosphere.

We linked all of our reservations together through ours. As the bridal party we have a little more pull I think. After having spent as much money as we have aready, the least they can do is seat us all together.

JOEL.

If one of your party was to log on to the Dcl Site, they will see all the people
linked together... That is First and LAST name! ?

Has it changed?

Just wondering... You seem to have all bases covered..

And we are enjoying following along.. Thankls.

Peter

They have to have your reservation number...We actually booked a majority of the reservations so they have limited access at best. My mom, dad and in-laws are not all that computer savy.

I can see all of them but they can't see me. The suspense grows...

They have to have your reservation number...We actually booked a majority of the reservations so they have limited access at best. My mom, dad and in-laws are not all that computer savy.

I can see all of them but they can't see me. The suspense grows...

Kewl.... ;)

thought, it was something like that!!!

So what are we wearing to this shindig?????

Ok... so I won't be there, but if it's warm enough up here in Upstate NY...I'll throw on a pair of shorts and have a frozen drink for you!!!

Well, The DW is wearing a vey nice wedding dress, nothing fancy, just something simple. I'll try to post photos after the shindig so you all can see.
I am wearing a suit and the kids are wearing jackets/ties and a dress. We told our guests to bring something nice for "Palo"...little do they know they have to wear it to the wedding...:rotfl2:

At 10:00am on the 25th of September if you're not able to join us, please raise a glass, make a toast and "say a prayer" that all went well...:cool1:

Anyway...all of the invites are done. The DW (far more creative than me), has put together some sort of beach bag (names embroidered) as favors. Umbrellas, towels, sun screen, water bottles and all sorts of other stuff so they can enjoy their time at the beach after the ceremony.

We're going to have the concierge team deliver them the night before, with the invitations and put them on the bed for turndown. SURPRISE!!!:banana:

So far so good.

How exciting for your family Joel! I will be anxiously watching this thread as it progresses. How wonderful and CONGRATULATIONS!

So... Which anniversary are you guys going to celebrate????

I am so excited for you and your family. My husband and I were married on board the Disney Wonder last May and it was the most amazing experience! We had a small wedding party; us, our 5 year old daughter , my mom and a family friend. Our onboard coordinator, Rodrigo, along with all the other Disney staff, were incrediable and they thought of everything. They even had sparkling juice for our daughter for the toast. The flowers were beautiful, the cake was delicious, the service was spectacular. If you have any questions, I will try my hardest to help you in any way I can.

How exciting!! DH and I were thinking of doing something like this for our ten year anniversary. We are planning on renewing our vows either on a Disney cruise or on Disney property. It would be so great to surprise everyone!! I can't wait to read more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter