Shockingly awful snacks

I got some kind of cheesecake in a cup thing at Restaurantosaurus and it had a slimy glaze something or other on top as well! The chocolate mousse had a thick layer of something like hershey's syrup on it. I think it's to keep the actually "dessert" from drying out. The chocolate stuff was so thick it marred the rest of the mousse and the slime on mine I scraped off but it left an odd flavor in the rest of the cheesecake.

Totally agree. Worst "cheesecake" ever. So gross.

I was not impressed with the funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow, I love love funnel cakes but I unfortunately got a crispy cake that was cold and pretty greasy. It's like it had cooked too long then sat for even longer. The flavor was there, but it was just not the warm fluffy funnel cake I'm used to. I would probably get it again though because I really want to try it served with the ice cream.

Haven't tried zebra domes either, just don't appeal to me? I've almost got the schoolbread but every time I've been to Kringla I get something else. Not sure if I will like that either?

I was not a fan of the chocolate "cake" from CS. The frosting was fine. The cake was tossed.

I didn't mind the rice krispy treats, but I did not love them. I wound up bringing 3-4 back when I grabbed them as desserts with my CS Meals. The kids loved them.

I did like the dole whip, but I'm a big pineapple fan. I tried it with the float- that was sloppy, sticky, and messy. I preferred it as just a dole whip, not a float.

Was SOOO disappointed with the pastries at France bakery this trip (last week). I have always loved their pastries and was really looking forward to the Eclair and Napoleon again after a 4 year break between trips. They were AWFUL, as in - we each tried a bite and threw away the rest. Such a shame that they changed their recipes when they did the remodel.

Was SOOO disappointed with the pastries at France bakery this trip (last week). I have always loved their pastries and was really looking forward to the Eclair and Napoleon again after a 4 year break between trips. They were AWFUL, as in - we each tried a bite and threw away the rest. Such a shame that they changed their recipes when they did the remodel.

I think you picked the 2 things at Les Halles that changed the most since the bakery reopened and unfortunately they really changed for the worse. We were disappointed in them as well, but luckily we found some other pastries there that we really liked. :)

I liked the Zebra Domes but it's So sweet I can understand why some wouldn't like it.

I love the Dole Whip.

The Chai Cream at Sanaa and the Bailey's/Jack Daniels Mousse from Coral Reef are desserts we are still talking about. Sooo good.

I did not care for a cranberry cake I ate at Liberty Tree Tavern.

The worst I got was some sweet popcorn I bought in a resort shop. I thought it was salty popcorn and It wasn't. Yuck.

We've never done the dining plan, so we don't seek out snacks. But we will use snacks as a meal on days when we have a buffet late lunch or dinner.

We generally don't like the zebra domes and I think they have the same type thing at Cape May Cafe. Too sweet.

I'll avoid Dole Whips too. They seem to have changed from back in the day too.

We like the churros at MK, but the churritos at Epcot in Mexico are dry and hard.

Anything prepackaged at the confectionary or Goofy's candy co is made offsite - long ago and far away, so we stay away from them. I found out that the larger Mickey heads that cost 10 - 12 dollars at the confectionary are made onsite. so if we really want a rice crispy treat, we'll buy a big one, take it back to the room and eat it over the course of a week. The bricks from back in the old days were the best! we would buy one of those with a coffee for lunch. The chocolate was an inch thick!!

A pretzel from a cart at HS. I cannot for the life of me remember if it was the cream cheese kind or not, but it was hard and over salted and just gross. But honestly I find that with those soft pretzels everywhere. They are either great or terrible.

sapdaddy2 said:
The worst pizza I ever had in my life was at Trails End at Fort Wilderness.

That's no big surprise. The pizza is just there for the kid that won't eat anything else. The buffet there is mostly old fashioned country home style stuff.

Has anyone had the shortbread Mickey cookie at DCA? I'm not sure if they have them anywhere else. No taste at all! I took one bite and threw it away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter