Shockingly awful snacks

EPCOTfantasyland

Earning My Ears
I have enjoyed 92% of the food I have eaten throughout the WDW resort. That said, I was horrified when I tasted the red sugar covered Mickey cake pop that we got at the Dumbo big top snack shop. It looked so promising.....did I mistakenly get a fudge pop? When you bit into it it was like a cold, hard, sticky raw cake dough pop.:: seriously confused:: Yikes. and we were attempting one of those silly, whimsical snack for breakfast mornings, with a red theme, my sons fave color. Bummer. :: smile: we got over it though, no biggie!

If you're speaking of the Red Velvet cake pop, that's what I thought too. It did not taste like cake at all. More like raw compact batter. Odd:confused3.

Well if I understand correctly most cakepops are basically crumbs held together by frosting then dipped in more frosting. I had one once and :sick:, just way too sweet.

I can't remember any bad snacks, but I was disappointed with the cream cheese pretzel. Just not enough filling. I split it open and ate the guts and got rid of the rest of the pretzel.:rolleyes1

I know many will disagree but I could not stand the Turkey Legs!

They smell gorgeous but once you eat them it's a different story!

:goodvibes

I know many will disagree but I could not stand the Turkey Legs!

They smell gorgeous but once you eat them it's a different story!

:goodvibes

I was just going to post this! They have the most God awful smoke taste, to the point they taste like ham not turkey!

I actually loved the red velvet cake pop. The best one I've ever had in my opinion. :confused3

The only thing I recall not loving 100% was a caramel bar thing in Germany. It had shortbread. To me, it was too much shortbread, not enough caramel. :confused3

Our last trip, we got a key lime mousse dessert thing at Animal Kingdom. I think it was at Flame Tree BBQ. Anyway, it was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW by far. It was layered in parfait style, and the top layer looked like it was something like green jello? But when I tried to scoop it up with the spoon, it had the consistency of gooey slimy hair gel. Against better judgement, I tasted it anyway - NASTY!!! Can jello go bad?! LOL! So, something was very off about it. Put me off any parfaits for quite some time. Nearly four years later I still don't think I'd even try one again in the parks.

Our last trip, we got a key lime mousse dessert thing at Animal Kingdom. I think it was at Flame Tree BBQ. Anyway, it was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW by far. It was layered in parfait style, and the top layer looked like it was something like green jello? But when I tried to scoop it up with the spoon, it had the consistency of gooey slimy hair gel. Against better judgement, I tasted it anyway - NASTY!!! Can jello go bad?! LOL! So, something was very off about it. Put me off any parfaits for quite some time. Nearly four years later I still don't think I'd even try one again in the parks.

I got some kind of cheesecake in a cup thing at Restaurantosaurus and it had a slimy glaze something or other on top as well! The chocolate mousse had a thick layer of something like hershey's syrup on it. I think it's to keep the actually "dessert" from drying out. The chocolate stuff was so thick it marred the rest of the mousse and the slime on mine I scraped off but it left an odd flavor in the rest of the cheesecake.

There were two foods I disliked... The pumpkin cupcake at the commissary which looked good but was gosh awful. The other one (but many people may object) was the school bread at Norway Bakery. I tried it because of all the people say it's really good but I really really didn't like it. I thought it was too dry.

Other than that, I stick to my mickey bars, funnel cake(s) and dole whips. lol.

I really wanted to like the tie-die cheesecake at Pop 'cause everybody seems to like it. It just tasted too chemically to me, not to mention the horrible after effects evident the next day.

I really wanted to like the tie-die cheesecake at Pop 'cause everybody seems to like it. It just tasted too chemically to me, not to mention the horrible after effects evident the next day.

i totally forgot about the tie-dye cheesecake. I too tried it because of all the rave about it. I can forget about it. I don't think it tasted too much of a cheesecake rather then just plain icing.

I was just going to post this! They have the most God awful smoke taste, to the point they taste like ham not turkey!

That is what I thought too! They taste like ham!

And isn't it strange how the things that should be the easiest to make taste good--desserts and pizza--are the things Disney struggles with the most?

I finally did the Dessert Party last year after having it on my Disney bucket list for forever. And I wasn't impressed with the offerings at all. I tasted a little bit of everything, and nothing was WOW. I can make better brownies out of a mix at home. And the little tarts were eh. Disney definitely needs to step it up when it comes to their desserts.

I was not a fan either! I was so disappointed because i really LOVE cheesecake.

Least favorite Disney snack is definitely the Mickey rice Krispy. I don't know if I've always gotten stale ones or what but across the board on Disney Cruises, years of being a DLR passholder, and even a couple of excursions to WDW...Never had a good one. I hate that they're always a part of Castaway Club welcome packages and stuff. Love 99% of Disney food but they can do sooo much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter