Shockingly awful snacks

Least favorite Disney snack is definitely the Mickey rice Krispy. I don't know if I've always gotten stale ones or what but across the board on Disney Cruises, years of being a DLR passholder, and even a couple of excursions to WDW...Never had a good one. I hate that they're always a part of Castaway Club welcome packages and stuff. Love 99% of Disney food but they can do sooo much better.

I think the problem with the Rice Krispy bars is that they're made with shortening instead of butter. Good news -- they stopped putting them in the Castaway Club packages. Instead they have Mickey-shaped pretzels and cheese crackers which the seagulls love.

I think the problem with the Rice Krispy bars is that they're made with shortening instead of butter. Good news -- they stopped putting them in the Castaway Club packages. Instead they have Mickey-shaped pretzels and cheese crackers which the seagulls love.

Ooh that's great to hear. Last DLC trip was...2 years ago I think? So it's been a while. I just remember having what my boyfriend calls "first world problems" being disappointed with free snacks :rolleyes1

(( putting up shields lol ))) I do not like Dole WHips... there I said it. They are just too sweet for me. I love pineapple juice, and I love vanilla soft serve, but I just do not like them together. Also, wasn't impressed with the zebra domes.

(( putting up shields lol ))) I do not like Dole WHips... there I said it. They are just too sweet for me. I love pineapple juice, and I love vanilla soft serve, but I just do not like them together. Also, wasn't impressed with the zebra domes.

LOL - on our last trip to DLP I was all excited to get a Dole Whip and expected my dd to be the same way. We were almost to the front of the line when she said, "Mom....I hate to tell you this.......but I don't like Dole Whips." Poor thing! I had been forcing DWs on her for years!

She's a huge churro fan, though and I can't stand those. So I guess we're even.

We done them years ago, after believing all the hype.... Threw mine away after a few spoonfuls... Never again!

There were two foods I disliked... The pumpkin cupcake at the commissary which looked good but was gosh awful. The other one (but many people may object) was the school bread at Norway Bakery. I tried it because of all the people say it's really good but I really really didn't like it. I thought it was too dry.

Other than that, I stick to my mickey bars, funnel cake(s) and dole whips. lol.

I didn't like the school bread either. There was just something in it that didn't work for me. I will stick with the lefsa

Not so much a snack but the entire breakfast at Akershus. It was disgusting, vile, horrific. We went because of my daughter and her love of Aurora but my gawd it was soooo bad.
I actually left out of there and had to get something else where. Never again.

Another turkey leg hater here-but I have a weird thing where I can't eat things off of bones... I find it disgusting for some reason, don't know why. I also had a berry flavored mousse at Whispering Canyon that wasn't that great, but it was the only gluten free option.

My husband would agree with those that do not like zebra domes, my allergy has prevented me from having them. I'm not sure if he really dislikes them, or if he is sparing me from the fact that they are delicious. He ate all four that came from the akl food court last trip.

I actually loved the red velvet cake pop. The best one I've ever had in my opinion. :confused3

The only thing I recall not loving 100% was a caramel bar thing in Germany. It had shortbread. To me, it was too much shortbread, not enough caramel. :confused3

I agree. I got something there with nuts and caramel. I thought it would be awesome...not so much.

Another Epcot snack...we went to Food and Wine in 2011 and used our snack credits. Hubby and I would split up and get 2 or 3 things each and meet back to share. Well, we decided to get some kind of cake thing from Ireland. I promise you...it was the size of a milk dud. It tasted ok...but I spent a snack credit on a milk dud! Seriously...and I only got to eat half! I have no idea why hubby even went ahead and got it.

ninamouse said:
I know many will disagree but I could not stand the Turkey Legs!

They smell gorgeous but once you eat them it's a different story!

:goodvibes

They are really nasty. Even my hubby who loves stuff like that wasn't a fan.

I've read every single post on here of everyone's dislikes. We have been to WDW 3 times, our 4th trip planned for oct. I have never had ANY of these snacks! So I am wondering what the heck have I been snacking on every time we are there? These dole whips that everyone seems to love or hate. How have I missed those? Going during food and wine time. I am hoping to have some great food. Turkey legs will not be sought out, that I do know...

I too must join the ranks of those who do not enjoy Dole Whips or Zebra Domes. Tried both last year and did not enjoy. The domes tasted a tad too gelatenous and i don't like white chocolate. The Dole Whip to me seemed like I opened a can of crushed pineapple and down the hatch! Going to WDW in 2 weeks.....anything new I should try out this time?

Do you like Belgian Waffles? Sleepy Hollow in MK has them with Nutella and fresh fruit. My husband and I split them.

Dole whip floats, vanilla ice cream in pineapple juice, i love only on a hot day. Not so much when its cooler. Dont know why.

Zebra domes are meh IMO. My husband hates them yet one DS loves them.

We bought some cake pops last trip. Not the little balls but mickey head shaped cake on a stick. OMG it was like biting into buttter sugar. Literally hurt my teeth. Even the kids were kind of grossed out. Just too sweet.

We used to love the crispy treats but not the prepackaged ones. Many years ago they came in brick sized bars made on site.

I've read every single post on here of everyone's dislikes. We have been to WDW 3 times, our 4th trip planned for oct. I have never had ANY of these snacks! So I am wondering what the heck have I been snacking on every time we are there? These dole whips that everyone seems to love or hate. How have I missed those? Going during food and wine time. I am hoping to have some great food. Turkey legs will not be sought out, that I do know...

I did food and wine once a few years ago. No bad snacks there! Nothing better than snacking your way through the world showcase ;)

I know many will disagree but I could not stand the Turkey Legs!

They smell gorgeous but once you eat them it's a different story!

:goodvibes

Omg, me too!! They looked sooo good and smelll delicious, but one bite and ewwww. DH agreed and we ended up throwing it away.

I agree that the pineapple is too sweet, not a fan. But the orange dole whip...
I think I got 6 this past trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter