Shockingly awful snacks

:crazy2: The brownie...I think sugar free at Cosmic Rays....it tasted like a chocolate dish sponge...no thanks folks I will just risk getting Diabetes.

1. I agree with the person who said Dole Whips are better on a hot day. I'm not sure I would even get one if it was cold outside.

2. LOVE the cinnamon rolls. This is one of my treat foods on any Disney trip.

3. A friend of mine told me the turkey legs are injected with pork fat. Not sure if that is true, but it could explain the smoky weird taste.

4. Zebra Domes do not seem appealing to me, but I am kind of a picky dessert eater. What am I missing?

3. A friend of mine told me the turkey legs are injected with pork fat. Not sure if that is true, but it could explain the smoky weird taste.

The "smoky weird taste" comes from curing and smoking. I'd wager the "injected with pork fat" is an urban legend.

The "smoky weird taste" comes from curing and smoking. I'd wager the "injected with pork fat" is an urban legend.

Can probably go along with the 'they are so large because they are emu legs' myth. I have a friend who works at universal who told my naive mother in law this. It was funny listening to them go back and forth. But like I posted previously turkey legs gross me out anyway..

Let's see. My list so far:

Mickey Rice Crispy Treats - ick, they taste horrible, I'd rather wait and make my own at home.

Brownies at any of the CS places - nasty tasting

Turkey Legs - can't stand the smell, can't stand the taste.

In World Showcase Japan - I tried a snack that had a lobster on the front. It was so disgusting I threw the all the packages away - there were 4 total.

School Bread - I hate coconut so it didn't surprise me when I didn't like that

Cheese Stuffed Pretzels - any kind of pretzel with cheese. I've tried several of them so far and thought they were all icky. My teenage son loves the one sold in the Norway Bakery.

That's all I remember so far.

That is what I thought too! They taste like ham!

And isn't it strange how the things that should be the easiest to make taste good--desserts and pizza--are the things Disney struggles with the most?

I finally did the Dessert Party last year after having it on my Disney bucket list for forever. And I wasn't impressed with the offerings at all. I tasted a little bit of everything, and nothing was WOW. I can make better brownies out of a mix at home. And the little tarts were eh. Disney definitely needs to step it up when it comes to their desserts.

I feel the same way about the dessert party. Everyone raves about the desserts on the boards, I was really looking forward to them. Like you, I thought they were meh. Couldn't beat having a seat for the parade and wishes though!

RebeccaUC said:
I too must join the ranks of those who do not enjoy Dole Whips or Zebra Domes. Tried both last year and did not enjoy. The domes tasted a tad too gelatenous and i don't like white chocolate. The Dole Whip to me seemed like I opened a can of crushed pineapple and down the hatch! Going to WDW in 2 weeks.....anything new I should try out this time?[/QUOTE]

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but i can highly recommend the carrot cake cookies at the Writers Shop in HS, almost anything from Karamel Kutche (sp?) In Epcot/ Germany, the American Dream slushie/ ice cream thingy at the snack shop in Epcot/ America and the sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzels found here and there.

Oh, and the waffles at Sleepy Hollow... We love all of them, with fruit, nutella or in the savory sandwiches..... Yum!

Also worth trying is the Ghiradelli ice cream shoppe at DTD, i love their dark chocolate hot fudge sundaes.

Also no fans of turkey legs here.... So gross. My niece insists she loves them but i think she just loves the attention it gets her. (eyeroll)

I've never understood the universal love everyone seems to have for the rice krispie treats either.... They taste plastic-y to me and no amount of chocolate coating takes it away.

Zebra domes don't even tempt me, doubt I'll ever try one, lol.

I've never been a fan of regular rice krispie treats so I don't know why I thought a Mickey shaped one would have changed anything...it didn't

A candy apple from the candy shop on Main Street bakery. It was coated in super sweet chocolate and sugar. Blah, too sweet!

Not sure if this classifies as a dessert but I'm not a fan of the Frozen margaritas from the Mexico Pavilion. I usually prefer margaritas to any other alcoholic drink but my boyfriend and I agreed on this one. Ick!

Also I find the Minnie & Mickey shaped cookies to be disgusting tastes like cardboard with heaps of sugar on top. I used to buy them as souvenirs to bring home up until I eventually tried one! Lol

I had a cookie sandwich last time we went to Disneyworld. Basically, just cookies with frosting in the middle of them. They put waaaaaaay too much frosting, for my taste. I understand that may be more popular, but I personally like when the cookie and frosting are of semi-equal amounts. Not a giant pile of frosting with some cookie in it. But that's just me! :rotfl:

Not sure if this classifies as a dessert but I'm not a fan of the Frozen margaritas from the Mexico Pavilion. I usually prefer margaritas to any other alcoholic drink but my boyfriend and I agreed on this one. Ick!

I have to agree completely - I was very disappointed in their margaritas. Such a bummer!

Also I find the Minnie & Mickey shaped cookies to be disgusting tastes like cardboard with heaps of sugar on top. I used to buy them as souvenirs to bring home up until I eventually tried one! Lol

I agree, those aren't good at all. You have to go inside to La Cava del Tequila to get a fantastic margarita! :thumbsup2

What is a zebra dome?

A dessert from Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

akl-sanaa-094-300x225.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter