Shockingly awful snacks

Turkey leg and dole whips/floats are a must on our trips!

The mickey rice Krispy treats are just awful and the sweet pretzels are dry and flavorless.

I know many will disagree but I could not stand the Turkey Legs!

They smell gorgeous but once you eat them it's a different story!

:goodvibes

I have to agree. Everyone told me we had to try a Turkey leg but my DW and i both agree and have skipped them since our first try a few years ago.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Loving this post, giving me lots of ideas of things to try when I'm there on holidays.
But turkey legs are off the list- I saw people eating them at Disneyland and I thought they looked gross

Let's see. My list so far:

Mickey Rice Crispy Treats - ick, they taste horrible, I'd rather wait and make my own at home.

Brownies at any of the CS places - nasty tasting

Turkey Legs - can't stand the smell, can't stand the taste.

In World Showcase Japan - I tried a snack that had a lobster on the front. It was so disgusting I threw the all the packages away - there were 4 total.

School Bread - I hate coconut so it didn't surprise me when I didn't like that

Cheese Stuffed Pretzels - any kind of pretzel with cheese. I've tried several of them so far and thought they were all icky. My teenage son loves the one sold in the Norway Bakery.

That's all I remember so far.

I totally agree with the Cheese Stuffed Pretzel! I had such high hopes for the cream cheese stuffed pretzel in Tomorrowland. Both DH (who will eat anything!) really didn't like it. I think it would've been better if it wasn't hot cream cheese. It was really runny and not good in my opinion :crazy2:

I must agree with the turkey legs, we'd only been to wdw once (but will be back next spring :cool1: ) and the first thing we had was turkey legs because it looked so yummy from afar.

My son only took 3 bites. Had to throw away the rest. What a waste of meal credit.

I love dole whips, Mickey bars, and the ice cream cookie sandwich.

Zebra domes are ok. Not my favorite but good. I have to agree that those iced cookies are blah. On our last trip DD and I got a large chocolate chip cookie to share from the coffee stand outside AK. It wasn't very good kind of stale. We tried a turkey leg two trips ago, it wasn't horrible but not really my thing. I only tried because DH wanted one. My stepfather loves the turkey legs though. I did really like the cream cheese pretzel, but the last time I got one it hardly had any cream cheese so not sure I will get another any time soon.

The only snack I've ever been disappointed with was this treat in Goofy's Candy Factory...It looked like a Resee's Cup with M&Ms all over it.

I was expecting a warm, gooey delight.

I got a cold, rock hard thing that would have been more suitable labelled Hagrid's Rock Cakes.

I've never had a snack in the parks I didn't like but I was a bit disappointed that the soft pretzels in the Germany pavilion weren't anything special. It tasted good but I thought they would be a but better there. I got some prepackaged candy with leftover snack credits once and they were gross.

I've never had a snack in the parks I didn't like but I was a bit disappointed that the soft pretzels in the Germany pavilion weren't anything special. It tasted good but I thought they would be a but better there. I got some prepackaged candy with leftover snack credits once and they were gross.

I agree about the Pretzels in Germany, I was really looking forward to them. Big disappointment. I did not lke the Crepes in France either.
Though I did not try them, I brought back for souvenirs the gingerbread character cookies, everyone said they were disgusting. I felt really bad I guess I should of sampled before I bought so many.

I can't say that anything I have tried was awful. But I know I would not like either dole whips or citrus swirls. I can't even bring myself to try them.

Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely can't stand mixing dairy products like ice cream with tangy fruits like orange or pineapple. It freaks me out, really. Clear acidic things should stay with clear acidic things. And creamy cloudy things should stay with creamy things.

Am I the only one?

There is no dairy in the REAL dole whip (I know cause I'm lactose intolerant) unless you ask them to mix it with vanilla soft serve.

I always have the pure pineapple whip float on hot days...perfect for my lactose intolerant belly !

I can't say that anything I have tried was awful. But I know I would not like either dole whips or citrus swirls. I can't even bring myself to try them.

Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely can't stand mixing dairy products like ice cream with tangy fruits like orange or pineapple. It freaks me out, really. Clear acidic things should stay with clear acidic things. And creamy cloudy things should stay with creamy things.

Am I the only one?

Lol. I thought I was. I feel the same way about Italian ice. Flavors like chocolate or peanut butter freak me out. Those are creamy things mixed with water.

Thank you so much for the picture and your explanation. I was wondering also and was about to Google it (after I read everyone's comments).

Next month is our first ever trip to Disney and this thread has been SUPER helpful. Believe it or not, my husband and I were planning on getting a turkey leg, a Dole Whip, AND a margarita in Mexico. I would have wasted so much money and been disappointed.

Thank you DIS and DIS-ers!:worship:

I think you're being rash. A lot more people rave about dole whips than hate them. The same with turkey legs. Not sure about the margaritas.

I was so sad that I didn't fall in love with Dole Whips. I wouldn't say I disliked it, I just didn't really care for it. I'd steal a bite from SO's in the future (he loved it).

I was, however, disappointed in a cookie I got while leaving POR (using my last snack credit). One of the icing covered, wrapped in cellophane, shaped like Mickey or Minnie cookies. It was horrible. One bite and into the garbage.

I love the Mickey shaped rice crispy treats but this last trip I tried the rice crispy shaped balls - YUCK YUCK YUCK.

purplegirl1818 said:
I was so sad that I didn't fall in love with Dole Whips. I wouldn't say I disliked it, I just didn't really care for it. I'd steal a bite from SO's in the future (he loved it).

I was, however, disappointed in a cookie I got while leaving POR (using my last snack credit). One of the icing covered, wrapped in cellophane, shaped like Mickey or Minnie cookies. It was horrible. One bite and into the garbage.

The cookie- yes I agree with you!

It was beautiful. I decorate cookies and cakes so I was very interested in it. Of course it was decorated with rock- hard royal icing, which I expected, but even the cookie was awful. I think it was meant to be decorative and long-lasting and easy for packing, but no thought went into the taste. Which is a shame,because some sugar cookies are delicious.

I love dole whips and Mickey bars. I have never been to WDW when it was very cold, but I love ice cream during cold weather. It does not melt! I never tried school, bread because I am not a fan of coconut.

I was not imoressed with the carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop at DHS. Also, the butterfinger cupcake at starring rolls w WAYYYYYY too much sugar for me. I find the cupcakes at WDW too sweet with too much frosting from the gal who can eat just frosting and be happy. To each there own.

During either last year's or the 2011 Food and Wine at EPCOT we tried a chocolate parfait thing and it had some type of spicy chili flavor in it.

Nastiest thing I have ever tasted in my life. I would rather drink a gallon of Beverly from the Cool Spot than eat "spicy chocolate" ever again.

With all the talk about the turkey legs: has anyone tried what looks to be like a pork version of the turkey leg from Gaston's Tavern in MK? Or, for that matter, has anyone tried the frozen apple juice and marshmallow drink they have there?

Gotta speak on a favorite not yet mentioned in this thread---especially during a hot summer day. The flavored ice from Japan in EPCOT. That melon flavor is awesome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter