Sister Wives

I’m watching Cody and Meri at the therapist. He’s been over her for awhile now.8 felt so bad when she talked to him about wanting to try and have another baby and he wasn’t having it. Then Robyn had a baby. Cody is over her but doesn’t want to look bad letting her go. He’s ready for a new younger wife but he needs meri to leave in her own. Just set her free Cody , she deserves to be happy
Agreed. That scene was painful. He obviously has no interest in repairing the relationship. He even made a comment that he doesn't understand why they are seeing a therapist. Really? On the other hand, it's completely ridiculous that she would expect the family to help her buy that house....which is in Utah...a state they fled...?

I’m watching Cody and Meri at the therapist. He’s been over her for awhile now.8 felt so bad when she talked to him about wanting to try and have another baby and he wasn’t having it. Then Robyn had a baby. Cody is over her but doesn’t want to look bad letting her go. He’s ready for a new younger wife but he needs meri to leave in her own. Just set her free Cody , she deserves to be happy
Does he really have to "set her free"? She's divorced. She should just move on. I wonder what the market is for a 5 bedroom house with a wet bar in the middle of a polygamist cul de sac. ;)

That said, I agree that he was awful to her when they were deciding whether to have another baby. My heart broke for her in that episode. But she also just took his cue and shut down the discussion when he did. She never pushed past that point to discuss it more. But then I suppose that's part of the life she chose when she decided to be polygamist. That's all just part of the reason it's a poor choice for a lifestyle. She wanted to focus on having another baby. He had so many other kids he didn't feel the drive or understand her drive to want one more. And now she's adjusting to an empty nest all alone while he flits around trying to be a father to his brood. For her to sit there and suffer from these things while promoting it as a great lifestyle just doesn't work for me.
Agreed. That scene was painful. He obviously has no interest in repairing the relationship. He even made a comment that he doesn't understand why they are seeing a therapist. Really? On the other hand, it's completely ridiculous that she would expect the family to help her buy that house....which is in Utah...a state they fled...?
This is why I think she stays. She wants the continued financial support of the family and the show.

New drinking game: scoliosis

I feel bad for Ysabel. However her mother crying bc her daughter will have a scar from surgery was a bit much. The scar is not why you don't have surgery.
Having this show air a year after it was filmed is dumb. All this hype on will Meri get the house when we already know she's running the B&B is anticlimactic.
Did anyone else catch that Cody has only changed 5 diapers??? Seriously?

Does anyone else think TLC is a bit obsessed with polygamy? There is yet another new show starting. Is that 3 shows now?
That theme must be a winner for them - networks produce whatever people will watch. But things trend over time. Remember in the early 2000’s during the insane real estate boom when most of their shows were about home improvement and flipping houses? Other hot themes have included shows about people who are extremely over-weight, shows about people trying to meet and marry in unconventional ways, shows about people with dwarfism and people with unusually large families.

And it also seems like one successful show spawns a whole bunch just like it. Interestingly, they only have one show (that I know of) about a transgender person. It would seem to be a very timely and current issue they could make hay out of. I wonder if the ratings on it aren’t good? One thing we do know for sure is there seems to be no shortage of people willing to put their “business” out there for the world to see.

I feel bad for Ysabel. However her mother crying bc her daughter will have a scar from surgery was a bit much. The scar is not why you don't have surgery.

i feel bad for her too but part of me REALY wants her to look at the footage of herself b/c that brace is barely noticeable under her clothing-it is nothing compared to the full body Milwaukee brace that many of us had to (many young people still) wear 24 hours a day. trying to get clothing to fit over that was an ordeal throughout my high school years.

i feel bad for her too but part of me REALY wants her to look at the footage of herself b/c that brace is barely noticeable under her clothing-it is nothing compared to the full body Milwaukee brace that many of us had to (many young people still) wear 24 hours a day. trying to get clothing to fit over that was an ordeal throughout my high school years.
Given that a bad hair day is enough to upset a teenage girl and their perceptions of their own appearances are notoriously distorted, I doubt that would change anything for her. I do think she’s trying to keep perspective as best she can and her reactions are pretty understandable and not too hysterical. :flower3: Sorry for your misfortune - I don’t know much about scoliosis but I hope you are well now.

Wow Christine, I believed you for a nano second that Robin made your marriage better with Cody.

Cody made the comment that he married Robin 6 weeks after Truly was born.
He said , Christine's problems were petty little problems.

The only thing Christine did was she got to know Robin.

Even Janelle made a comment that Isabella gave Christine a ha d time growing up, because she wanted more of her daddies time.

If anything, I think Robin tells Cody that he needs to validate and listen to Christine and he needed to stop dismissing her.

Given that a bad hair day is enough to upset a teenage girl and their perceptions of their own appearances are notoriously distorted, I doubt that would change anything for her. I do think she’s trying to keep perspective as best she can and her reactions are pretty understandable and not too hysterical. :flower3: Sorry for your misfortune - I don’t know much about scoliosis but I hope you are well now.

i agree with the teenage girl appearances concept but i think for her the issues are amplified b/c christine is constantly reinforcing the whole 'poor me, it's so terrible, it makes the clothes look awful....' dialogue (and having it aired nationwide can't help either).

i hope they get the other girls checked now that one has been diagnosed-it can run in families and if caught early enough it can be monitored for the most effective treatments.

i don't really have any long term issues-but when i wanted to have kids i first went to an orthopedist and then to physical therapy to learn some exercises to strengthen parts of my body in order to lessen the stress a pregnancy would put on my back.

So are there any Google sleuths out there who have figured out what Meri paid to get that house back in the family?

Having this show air a year after it was filmed is dumb. All this hype on will Meri get the house when we already know she's running the B&B is anticlimactic.
Did anyone else catch that Cody has only changed 5 diapers??? Seriously?

I agree. Although at this point I am sort of curious to know who paid for the house. I don't think they're hurting for cash, but since the show could go away tomorrow it seems like they should be more careful than to buy a B&B on a whim.

On the Ysabel story, Christine made a comment about polygamists being hesitant to take their kids to the hospital for fear of questions about dad. I could see this a few decades ago, but how is this any different from a single parent taking their child to the hospital?

I can see where being a polygamist would complicate the health insurance equation though. I guess each wife has to carry a policy on the exchanges? And Cody can be on with Robyn since they're officially married.
i agree with the teenage girl appearances concept but i think for her the issues are amplified b/c christine is constantly reinforcing the whole 'poor me, it's so terrible, it makes the clothes look awful....' dialogue (and having it aired nationwide can't help either).

i hope they get the other girls checked now that one has been diagnosed-it can run in families and if caught early enough it can be monitored for the most effective treatments.

i don't really have any long term issues-but when i wanted to have kids i first went to an orthopedist and then to physical therapy to learn some exercises to strengthen parts of my body in order to lessen the stress a pregnancy would put on my back.

I totally agree. Christine is NOT doing that girl any favors. She needs to act like an adult and model a responsible reaction for her. No matter how she feels.

I haven't watched the episode yet but if Ysabel does have to have surgery for this the scar would be the least of my worries. This would be a major surgery for a kid. We do them on adults and the recovery is hard on them. I would be freaking a bit if it were my kid.

I have a different take on Meri and Kody.

Years ago when they published the book it was evident to me that Meri was THE wife. Kody and Meri married young and were very much in love. Once Janelle came along she spent most evenings in her room while Meri and Kody cuddled on the couch. Meri would travel with Kody when he went for business and Janelle would be left behind.

Janelle has always said her and Kody are more friends than anything and he enjoys talking business with her.
Christine was married because she was easy and gullible and Meri approved of her. Kody was never attracted to her.

It has been said that Kody likes to go to Meri's house as it's quiet and kid free.

All the stuff about the fertility treatments a few seasons ago and the latest drama is made up for the camera. They know they need some drama to keep people watching.
Meri is the wife who he will retire with. They have created a family together but she is still the alpha wife.

Years ago when they published the book it was evident to me that Meri was THE wife. Kody and Meri married young and were very much in love. Once Janelle came along she spent most evenings in her room while Meri and Kody cuddled on the couch. Meri would travel with Kody when he went for business and Janelle would be left behind.

Janelle has always said her and Kody are more friends than anything and he enjoys talking business with her.
Christine was married because she was easy and gullible and Meri approved of her. Kody was never attracted to her.

It has been said that Kody likes to go to Meri's house as it's quiet and kid free.

All the stuff about the fertility treatments a few seasons ago and the latest drama is made up for the camera. They know they need some drama to keep people watching.
Meri is the wife who he will retire with. They have created a family together but she is still the alpha wife.
I almost forgot that Kody made a comment, how Christine was the fun wife.

That's interesting. I could see that. I guess the question is whether this is drama created for the show (high likelihood) or whether they really have too much water under the bridge and have grown apart. He's talking a good game right now being tough about the B&B, but I saw the photos at the grand opening and he's right beside her.

I still could see the experience of her dealing with an empty nest while he's busy with his other wives and kids being pretty alienating for her though.

I do think they hit a rough patch in recent years but not as dramatic as they are making it out to be. Meri was probably going thru a empty nest phase/depression and he had difficulty handling it. But overall I think they are still "married".

ETA - I don't think its odd in the least that they bought the B&B. They have ran all sorts of businesses. They know they need investments for when the show income is gone.
It the grand scheme of things its not that expensive and provides revenue.

They use to own a food storage company, sell the protein shake, dabbled in real estate, the jewelry business, the leggings, the exercise thingy of Janelle's.
Owning property is a safe investment especially since they may attract fans as guests while the show is still on.

Last edited:

I agree with all of this......until Robyn came along. Robyn coming along shook things up. Meri divorcing Kody to legally marry Robyn shook things up.

I do think Meri is the love of Kody's life. Janelle is a business deal. Christine was a just because thing. Maybe she fit into the whole "have a lot of kids and be a good sister wife" type deal. He was never attracted to her but I think she makes him laugh and is a good friend. Christine is madly in love with Kody though. Robyn is Kody's ego boost. She needs him. He loves that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter