Sister Wives

T
I agree but it’s their reasoning.

meri has also stated that since her relationship isn’t good with Kody, she doesn’t want to live in a home and watch him have good relationships with other wives. But doesn’t she witness that when they’re all together anyway ?

That’s why she is completely miserable in the group conversations

It bothered me that Robyn isn't sure how this will affect their marriage. Getting thru disagreements is a huge part of marriage and if housing can kill a marriage, then it was on shaky ground before that.

Robyn is wearing on my last nerve. It bothered me that she is being so pig headed about not wanting to buy a house, it will put a roof over her kids head for petes sake....we get it, you want to be at Coyote Pass in your own home, we get you miss your Vegas home and you want a massive rental. Why cause the stress for your kids about where they will be living in 60 days to the point the one has an anxiety attack?
It bothered me that they filmed Aurora's attack and then even tried while Robyn was comforting her.... I guess that is what they signed up for but still.
As for Dayton, I realize what he said about Aurora maybe wasn't kind at the time but could it be a result of his head injury or that maybe Robyn does indeed favor one? Just because they are on TV doesn't mean he can't express maybe a real feeling.
As for Meri.....so over her and her sulking. Why on earth does she need such massive homes to buy or rent?

Since Robyn’s family apparently loved the rental house they were in and Kody wanted to buy a house and that house went on the market...am I the only one who wonders why they didn’t buy it? :confused3
I hadn't even thought of that!

Apparently their new home was 900K. Maybe this one was even more?

Why cause the stress for your kids about where they will be living in 60 days to the point the one has an anxiety attack? It bothered me that they filmed Aurora's attack and then even tried while Robyn was comforting her.... I guess that is what they signed up for but still.
They were just "Oh, she has those a few times a week" then went on about their business. How about you take a look at the chaos you are throwing in front of the poor kid having all those anxiety attacks?

The adults signed up for all of that. But I doubt the kids did. Or should have even been allowed to.

Since Robyn’s family apparently loved the rental house they were in and Kody wanted to buy a house and that house went on the market...am I the only one who wonders why they didn’t buy it? :confused3
I kept wondering this myself.....Robyn making such a big deal about basically having no roof over her family's head yet I am thinking just buy the dang house your in!

I’m ticked at Robyn saying she “feels homeless”!!

They had a multitude of options including bunking with the other families for a month or two.
FFS she used to live in a trailer and now insists she needs a 6 bedroom home!!

All that drama about being 4 separate families? They aren’t living together at the time anyhow!

Renting a house would just be a waste of money if they don’t build for awhile.
By the time they build there will be very few kids left at home.

I kept wondering this myself.....Robyn making such a big deal about basically having no roof over her family's head yet I am thinking just buy the dang house your in!

I think they probably missed their chance. When they heard the house was for sale, they started looking for another rental. By the time Kody started whining about why they should buy, their current house was already sold.

Why am I so confused about the idea that they are saving so much money by renting that house? More so because they are willing to pay any amount in rent just to not buy it? Robyn crying about it constantly is getting ridiculous too!

Why am I so confused about the idea that they are saving so much money by renting that house? More so because they are willing to pay any amount in rent just to not buy it? Robyn crying about it constantly is getting ridiculous too!

I assume it has to do with the down payment. If they have to put a chunk of money down on a house for Robyn, they won't be able to put that money into construction. If they're paying out rent, it would be smaller chunks and not quickly deplete whatever savings they have.

As someone who recently sold a house, I had a huge problem with what Robyn was saying about the earnest money (basically a deposit). She asked if they could put down the smallest amount possible and keep looking for a rental. If they pull the plug on the sale, they wouldn't lose much. That is so incredibly rude to the seller. Thinking their house is sold, they would likely have put a non-refundable deposit on their next home. They would have been packing and scheduling their move. Suddenly Robyn would find her rental house and pull the plug on the whole deal. Our buyers almost did that to us just a week before closing. We were devastated at the possibility of losing the townhouse we loved and were set on buying. Luckily the deal ended up going through, but it caused a lot of stress and anxiety.

I have a hard time believing that there were absolutely no rentals available at the time they filmed. Robyn seems really stuck on finding the perfect rental. Why can't she make do with a 4 bedroom? I looked at Flagstaff rentals on Zillow just for fun. There are lots available. Some are townhomes, but have 4 bedrooms. Were there really zero listings a year ago?

I don't think it's really about "saving" money as it is about not using money in the bank for the downpayment. She wants that money in the bank for construction costs.

I agree her whining is getting to be too much. Kody was right, and I hate to say that, to let the girls know that if they really like that house they would have to change schools. Better they know now and make an informed decision then later when there will be no choice.

Also, if these are to be temporary homes, I'm sure they could go smaller to have a smaller downpayment and less monthly costs. The kids can share rooms for a year or 2.

I have a hard time believing that there were absolutely no rentals available at the time they filmed. Robyn seems really stuck on finding the perfect rental. Why can't she make do with a 4 bedroom? I looked at Flagstaff rentals on Zillow just for fun. There are lots available. Some are townhomes, but have 4 bedrooms. Were there really zero listings a year ago?
I have a hunch the number of bedrooms is a huge limiting factor.

So was anyone else happy to find Sister Wives on their DVR as a mindless distraction from all this mess?

And is anyone else wondering how the Browns are handling social distancing? Ideally, Kody should probably pick one home to stay in, but we all know that's not happening.

Can you imagine Kody and Meri sheltering in place? :scared1:

So was anyone else happy to find Sister Wives on their DVR as a mindless distraction from all this mess?

And is anyone else wondering how the Browns are handling social distancing? Ideally, Kody should probably pick one home to stay in, but we all know that's not happening.

Can you imagine Kody and Meri sheltering in place? :scared1:

I actually watched it when it was on last night at 10. I would be in bed by then if I had to go to work the next day.

Kody should probably chose one home, but technically they're all in the same family so they can be together. I'd imagine everyone is staying in their own homes, but Kody is still making the rounds.

Meri is the master of social-distancing. I'll bet she's loving it, as long as Kody isn't around!

I am completely over listening to Robyn cry about the same stuff week after week. If there is not an acceptable rental (which I'm 100% sure there is and it's just not good enough/grand enough) and they are in a position to buy, they kind of have to do something.

I agree, pulling the plug on a sale or walking away from a house you bought because a rental came up is terrible. Just a terrible thing to do to another person. I guess Robyn doesn't care as long as she gets per precious million dollar rental that she so desperately needs. Who cares about the seller she wants to screw over.

I want them all to move into one big house and figure out how to function. I want to see more of Janelle and Christine. I've really grown to like them.

I am completely over listening to Robyn cry about the same stuff week after week. If there is not an acceptable rental (which I'm 100% sure there is and it's just not good enough/grand enough) and they are in a position to buy, they kind of have to do something.

I agree, pulling the plug on a sale or walking away from a house you bought because a rental came up is terrible. Just a terrible thing to do to another person. I guess Robyn doesn't care as long as she gets per precious million dollar rental that she so desperately needs. Who cares about the seller she wants to screw over.

I want them all to move into one big house and figure out how to function. I want to see more of Janelle and Christine. I've really grown to like them.
Same on all the above.

Robyn is infuriating. She feels she *needs* a big house but they’re apparently not available to rent and she’s digging her heels in anyway. Pick one lady! Rent a small modest home or buy a big one but quit making everyone miserable because you want your way. Talking about ditching a buy at the last minute ON PURPOSE is just despicable.

Both of them pitting the kids against the other is sleazy as hell and so unfair to those poor kids.

Same on all the above.

Robyn is infuriating. She feels she *needs* a big house but they’re apparently not available to rent and she’s digging her heels in anyway. Pick one lady! Rent a small modest home or buy a big one but quit making everyone miserable because you want your way. Talking about ditching a buy at the last minute ON PURPOSE is just despicable.

Both of them pitting the kids against the other is sleazy as hell and so unfair to those poor kids.
But she's SO sure God will provide a big enough rental house.

So tired of watching the same conversation between Robyn and Cody over the rental/buy situation. Surely with that huge family, there could be any storyline to pursue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter