Sister Wives

What would they do without it? With the exception of the ladies' LuLaRoe (sketchy now too, I've heard), what other income do they have? Kody hasn't claimed to have an actual job since they left Utah that I can remember. :scratchin
I can just see Kody doing literally ANYTHING but go on TV and openly discussing being rejected by one of his wives. Of course, I could see him doing the show and trying to blame her for the breakup.

Maybe he can build the big house for everyone now since Christine was the one who was most against it. Actually, I doubt he'll ever build on that land.

I was a little surprised by this announcement as I truly wondered if any of them would actually leave but good for her! It is important to be happy in life and it was clear that she wasn't happy. I hope that now she can have a good relationship with the other "wives" so that the kids still stay close with their siblings.

The kids are everywhere now. I think they all probably will have more of a cousin relationship.

The older kids grew up on the same property with the wives babysitting for each other. They have a much more close knit relationship than the kids who are still at home now do.

They will be more like cousins, but the older ones will have relationships like grown siblings.

The older kids grew up on the same property with the wives babysitting for each other. They have a much more close knit relationship than the kids who are still at home now do.

They will be more like cousins, but the older ones will have relationships like grown siblings.
For sure. But also Janelle lived in a different state for couple years when the kids were young. She talked about it in the book. And then Robyn's 3 joined the family when they were older so wouldn't have the connection. But for sure the oldest handful would maybe more like siblings.

:confused3 Meh, I wouldn't guarantee it. It's sort of a state-of-mind. My older siblings were grown and gone while I was in infancy - we didn't live together or even in close proximity. No doubt in any of our minds or hearts though that our relationship was always that of siblings.

I honestly don't see this as all that different that a regular marriage that has unraveled. She truly felt that she didn't have a partner standing beside her.

I still go back to Aspyn being the grown-up in the equation and pointing out to her Mom, as they were leaving Las Vegas, that they are always searching for something/not satisfied. And how exhausting that can be.

Time will tell if this was truly part of Christine's personality or her spirit knowing she needed to make a change.

(I do think she must be thrilled to not be in Robyn's orbit on a regular basis. :drinking1)

Last edited:
christine only every wanted to be the 3rd wife. it is SO unusual for a polygamist marriage to have 4 wives. christine grew up in 'polygamy royalty'-a family at the highest levels of prominence and very wealthy. she grew up knowing that the 3rd wife is the most prized in the marriage and never has to deal with the adjustments a subsequent wife brings to the marriage/family so it was likely a huge slap in the face when kody started courting robyn.

i don't think she's going to be too bad off though-
she's already moved into a $1.1 million dollar duplex in a town where the average home runs around $450K near where aspyn and mykelti live. the place is just shy of 3500 sq feet and it's only her and truley living there (everyone else is on their own/moved out) so they will have plenty of room to entertain her extended utah family.

I honestly don't see this as all that different that a regular marriage that has unraveled. She truly felt that she didn't have a partner standing beside her.

I still go back to Aspyn being the grown-up in the equation and pointing out to her Mom, as they were leaving Las Vegas, that they are always searching for something/not satisfied. And how exhausting that can be.

Time will tell if this was truly part of Christine's personality or her spirit knowing she needed to make a change.

(I do think she must be thrilled to not be in Robyn's orbit on a regular basis. :drinking1)
I'd have to think that it is though, from their perspective anyway. The whole idea of their celestial marriages and the sealing of family in eternity (including all their children) and several other aspects unique to their religion would make it quite different. I am very interested in these things and would love it if there was anyone here who could tell us exactly how an "uncoupling" would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter