slo’s FRIDAY 2/23 poll - Energy Drinks

Energy Drinks - Do you drink them (doesn’t include coffee or tea) & how often? (m.c.)

• Yes - I currently drink them

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • No - I do not currently drink them, but I used to in the past

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No - I have never drank them

Votes: 104 84.6%
  • I drink them every day

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I drink them every week - please post how often

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I drink them multiple times a month - please post how often

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I drink them off and on throughout the year

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
I’ve never had one of those energy drinks. I avoid sugary drinks and anything carbonated. Plus, I drink a lot of coffee in the morning and I don’t need any more caffeine.

I used to for a very short time. I drink a large container of coffee every morning, and for about two weeks I drank a couple of Red Bulls in the afternoon. I went to my doctor with a racing heart, and he asked about my caffeine consumption and then advised me to either give up the Red Bull or the coffee. I gave up the Red Bulls, and everything was fine after that. I tried going no caffeine at all about a year or two ago, but I missed the coffee so I brought that back in.

"Other" I tried Powerade and Gatorade when they came into fashion. Once. Didn't care for any of them. Don't drink them now.

I don't drink them, never have. I tasted Red Bull before, it's not really something I like the taste of, and I would be afraid drinking that stuff would give me panic attacks.

I react negatively to most of these drinks and it causes my BP to shoot up.

My version of an energy drink is a Pepsi or Coke. An unsweetened ice tea is an acceptable alternative.

I have had Bang a few times and I will get an occasional Monster from the vending machine at work (I work Night shift at a Nursing Home -actually 16 hour Evening/Nights 3 till 7am) but it's not a regular thing. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew and Coke/pepsi and iced (and some hot) tea. Occasional Coffee.

I used to drink the lo carb 0 sugar Monster & loved them. Then started drinking Bang which is way stronger than Monster & Red Bull. They have a variety of flavors. My favorite is 'Frose' Rose' or the Pina Colada ones. Sometimes will switch up with other brands. I only drink the zero sugar ones. I usually pop open one (16oz can) around 11am at work & sip on it until late afternoon alternating with a bottle of water so I guess I am not getting the 'full impact' that you would get if you drink the whole thing in minutes. Bangs are one of the strongest & the first couple I tried, I did drink pretty quickly & could really feel the caffeine rush but drinking them slower doesn't have that effect on me.

I did like Redbull and vodka when I was younger - went on a Xmas night out one year and had lots and lots of Redbull and vodka - came home very drunk but absolutely could not sleep! I was cleaning and hoovering at 3 in the morning! Not touched it since then.

There was a group of Italian food shops on 9th Avenue in the 40’s for a long time.
I used to walk down there about every two months and treat myself to a Manhattan Special espresso soda.
Each bottle held between 6 and 8 ounces and if you got greedy and drank two bottles in a row it made your head spin from the amount of caffeine consumed.

Did that once ( alright, maybe twice) and lesson learned😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter