slo’s FRIDAY 9/29 poll - Starbucks ☕️

Starbucks - What’s your opinion and how many times a month do you go to Starbucks? (m.c.)

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • It’s ok 😐

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • Zero times a month

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • 1 - 10 times a month

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • 11 - 20 times a month

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 21 - 31 times a month

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 18 15.0%

• Total voters
If I want just a regular cup of coffee and I'm out & about I'll hit Dunkin, if I want something sweeter/a treat or a fru-fru drink I'll go to Starbucks. I am on the road a lot for work, so I'd say I probably go to a Starbucks 2, maybe 3 times per month.

When I was younger and lived at home I went frequently for Frappuccinos. I cannot do that anymore due to the high cost as well as the calories (which didn't matter when I was 16, 39 is a different story).

My friends or family will sometimes give me a Starbucks gift card for my birthday or Christmas and so I save those for when we go on a vacation or road trip and I will treat myself to a Frap or a creamy Cold Brew at that time. So once or twice per year. I don't drink regular coffee from there so couldn't even tell you what it's like.

Otherwise I make coffee at home.

I'm just shocked when I walk to our farmers market and watch these people wait an hour in line to get a Starbucks. Unbelievable.

Reactions: slo
I buy Starbuck's whole bean coffee, grind it and brew it at home. I typically buy it at the grocery store, but I sometimes go to an actual SB location to buy it. I only drink coffee black, so I have no interest in additives and concoctions.

I'm just shocked when I walk to our farmers market and watch these people wait an hour in line to get a Starbucks. Unbelievable.
I’m also shocks me when I see people waiting a super long time at WDW. In June, it took my DD20 a 1/2 hour to get her refresher 🙄. I left her and went browsing through gift shops and told her to meet up with me later. To each their own, it’s just not for me :sad2:

1696005111815.png

I always seem to have a SB balance on my app from gift cards from family or others. I like SB, will visit a store, drive through, using the app, maybe 3 times a month. If the line is more than 4 or 5 cars, I'll park and pick it up inside. Either way, I just look or ask for the 'Dan mobile'. I will either get a plain decaf or a decaf cinnamon latte, nonfat milk, no whipped cream. I will also, more often than SB, visit a McD's for a 99 cent large decaf, or a BK for a $1.29 large decaf, always using the apps. I do use SB decaf K-pods at home for my usual morning gup of coffee.

1696004825931.png

I’m also shocks me when I see people waiting a super long time at WDW. In June, it took my DD20 a 1/2 hour to get her refresher 🙄. I left her and went browsing through gift shops and told her to meet up with me later. To each their own, it’s just not for me :sad2:
That and first thing in the morning they are missing on riding attractions with lower crowds. I just sip on coffee in the hotel while getting ready.
If you do RD and then wait to buy coffee and then drink it you have wasted any advantage of being in the park early. I mean it's still nice to wander Main Street USA but to me it seems like a waste.

Reactions: slo
Never ever had Starbucks. I like plain coffee. This the main reason……I’m cheap!

I voted other. My answer is "less than once a month, but more often than zero times a month. I go a few times a year."

I don't like coffee. Some of the "coffee drinks" (like the frappucino) are decent but, as you said, expensive and calorie laden. And if I'm stopping for a calorie-dense snack, I'd rather have ice cream. The refreshers aren't bad but again, not something I'd stop for.

My DD19 *loves* Starbucks though, so if she asks me to go with her, I probably will but it's more because I enjoy spending time together, not because I want the coffee.

I don’t drink coffee, but my sister and BIL do, so the only time I end up at Starbucks is if I am out somewhere with them. I get some non coffee drink and sometimes a snack. It’s okay, but expensive for what you get.

I like their coffee. I usually get plain coffee, sometimes a mocha latte. I don't go often. When I am staying at a Universal hotel that has a Starbucks I go there in the morning for coffee & something to eat. (AP discounts work there too)

I buy Starbucks coffee in the grocery store for my home coffee maker also.

I get a Starbucks maybe 3-4 times a year, it's just too expensive and I'm not going to wait in a long line. A few days ago I got my annual pumpkin cream cold brew and I'll probably get a peppermint mocha frappuccino for the holidays. I preferred Java City when they were still around. And I loved Cafe Nero when we were in England in June-hazelnut and belgian chocolate blended frappe was so good! I'm in CA.

Been a Starbucks girl since I was about 16....that was a LONG time ago :rotfl2: I'm not sure about that chart that you posted, doesn't seem accurate. I know it says 2021 but Canada has WAY more than 450 locations (am I reading that chart incorrectly?) I just googled and as of Aug 2023 Canada has 1429 locations, which makes way more sense as you can't swing a shoe around here without hitting one!

It's somewhere I go 5-7 times a year, usually when there's a deal. I stopped by yesterday to grab BOGO fall drinks.

No, I don't buy Starbucks. I am a Dutch Bros Coffee fan, a western U.S. chain based in Grants Pass, Oregon. And in honor of today being National Coffee Day I am drinking my Dutch Bros coffee right now. Normally we only get a coffee there on Sunday. Coffee is free today IF you buy one of their baseball hats.
My mom used to get frustrated because someone was always giving her a Starbucks gift card. She had one within walking distance of her house. She would get a coffee there, bring it home, pour a quarter of it in another cup, fill the cup with 3/4 of water, and microwave it. She felt their coffee was way way too strong.

That and first thing in the morning they are missing on riding attractions with lower crowds. I just sip on coffee in the hotel while getting ready.
If you do RD and then wait to buy coffee and then drink it you have wasted any advantage of being in the park early. I mean it's still nice to wander Main Street USA but to me it seems like a waste.
I couldn’t agree more.
I buy my refillable mug specifically for the coffee, and even though some don’t like hotel coffee, I find it good enough.

I agree with all our Canadian friends here that Tim Horton's is way better. I wish I had one near me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter