• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s MONDAY 1/29 poll - Cutting Your Sandwich 🥪

How do you cut your sandwich? (m.c.)

• I always cut my sandwich

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • I sometimes cut my sandwich

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • I never cut my sandwich

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • I cut my sandwich diagonally

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • I cut my sandwich down the middle

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I cut my sandwich the same way always

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I cut my sandwich different on different days - depends on my mood, the sandwich or another reason

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • I don’t eat sandwiches, but I make them for someone else

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t eat or make sandwiches

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
If I'm the one making the sandwich and I'm using a traditional commercial loaf of bread, I never bother cutting it... even back when our girls were younger and I was making lunches. Even grilled cheese at home goes uncut. If I'm making something sub like, something with French bread, or something with bolillos I might cut it at the center (short-ways).

For the heck of it, I looked up some pics from my favorite deli in the area and the cut depends on the bread. Slices from a more traditional square loaf is cut on the diagonal while a more oval slice from something like rye or pumpernickel is down the center.

Depends on the bread. Rye bread being smaller I don't always cut it. Whole wheat I cut in half.
Eat less sandwiches these days due to diabetes. Use to be my go to for work lunches.

Usually diagonal.
If it’s a grilled cheese, I quarter it.
Ah yes...grilled cheese is a special case. :goodvibes There are three of us in the household and my frying pan holds four sandwiches. I cut each of them into thirds (roughly triangles) and we each get four pieces.

When I'm making regular sandwiches for myself or anyone else, it's almost always a diagonal cut but if I'm doing up a platter with a variety of fillings, I usually cut into quarters to make them easier to arrange.

I always cut down the middle, I guess I grew up that way. But I do enjoy a bias cut sandwich, especially hot sandwiches. I suppose I can always change and be more mindful of my sandwich cutting.

I do usually cut sandwiches, but it depends on the sandwich which way. When I do grilled cheese I usually cut it into strips —I like dipping those in tomato soup. Even pre-cut sandwiches from a sub shop I will often cut into smaller pieces.

Usually diagonal.
If it’s a grilled cheese, I quarter it.
For the grandkids I quarter it. More likely to eat more of the sandwich and less chance of eating the evil crust. If you cut it in half, two bites and "the rest is crust". Grrrrrr

Toast same thing, but I give them a pizza cutter and tell them to cut of crusts off.. Then pop bread in toaster. Crusts are saved to toss into the bacon grease and give birds a treat.

I usually cut in half on the diagonal for me. More cut surface area for all the calories to fall out. That's true, right?????

Okay, I rarely eat bread even on sandwiches but when I do I cut them into tea sandwich size diagonally. Somehow it seems that they last longer.

It depends on the sandwich and my mood. When I do cut them, its diagonal. I almost always cut things like ham or turkey or BLT but never cut PB/Banana (yes I eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches). If we are travelling and taking a quick lunch in the RV and making sandwiches, I don't cut them. I always cut grilled cheese.

For Me…..I cut my sandwich diagonally only. My mom always cut my sandwich down the middle, but when I started making my own sandwiches, I went diagonal and never went back - LOL!
Absolutely the same, even down to my mother not cutting them diagonally. Never understood why.

More wraps these days for me. If I make a sandwich, most often not cut. If cut, in half, down the middle. I recall that when I was a kid, my folks would cut in diagonal quarters when I was sick.

Depends. Weekend before last we made the 400 mile trip to our son's house and we made sandwiches to eat in the car. I cut that in half to make it easier to handle while eating while driving.
For lunch yesterday at home, I made an egg salad sandwich and I did not cut it in half, but I should have because a bunch of the egg salad fell out while I was eating.
I always cut my sandwiches in half, not diagonally. I have no idea why, I never thought about it before now. Thinking about it right now, diagonally makes no sense for situations like eating when driving because it makes getting half the sandwich out more difficult because a portion is ALL the way in the sandwich bag when you pull the first half out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter