slo’s TUESDAY 1/30 poll - Who remembers using this…….❓

Public Rolling Cloth Hand Dryer - Do u remember it, Did u use it, Did u think it was gross? (m.c.)

• I remember it

Votes: 98 87.5%
  • I do not remember it

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I always used it - I didn’t think it was gross

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • I always used it - I did think it was gross, but used it anyway

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I sometimes used it - I didn’t think it was gross

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I sometimes used it - I did think it was gross, but used it anyway

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I never used it - I didn’t think it was gross - I just couldn’t be bothered with it

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I never used it - I did think it was gross and wouldn’t touch it

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I’ve seen one in the last 10 years - please post where

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Disney World used the powdered soap until the early 2000s. I think they got rid of it after the anthrax scare.
OMG….I totally forgot about this. I definitely remember that now that you mentioned it ::yes::

I haven’t seen those revolving towel things in about 30 years.
I'm shocked at people saying used them few years ago, etc. I remember as a child in the 50's/60's using them at rest stops on the NJ turnpike .

As far as the gross factor, when we were kids, we would shared a bottle of soda with several kids, drinking right from bottle. But don't worry, we used our tshirts to wipe off the neck of the bottle before passing them off to a neighborhood kid.

Oh I remember seeing those, never would use them. I would totally dry my hands on my clothes before I used those.

For Me…..My vote is - I sometimes used it - I thought it was gross, but used it anyway.
I don’t remember the last time I saw one, but I do know I used it. I didn’t think anything of it if the cloth looked clean, but if the cloth looked dirty I’d let my hands air dry. Since I had to examine it, before using it, is why I voted the way I did - down deep I must have thought it was gross or I would have just used it. If I saw one today, there’s no way in heck that I would touch it :sad2::crazy2: It’s amazing how at one time, things like this were totally acceptable.

This. Slo's comment is my comment as well.

I remember those disgusting things. Trying to pull and get a "clean" piece of cloth and it not budging. They were usually in restrooms that had the pink powdered soap that smelled like AJAX. I love the 80's, but some things can stay there -- this is one of them!

I remember them being in the tiny, dirty gas station bathrooms.
Yep, the pink soap is a distinct memory!
But, the 80's? I was used to them in the 70's.

I went to school in the 60s and 70s. I remember these cloth rollers being in the school bathrooms for many of those years. If I found a dry spot I used them. If not, I used toilet paper from the rolls in the stalls.

I never put my hands on those pink bars of soap. They were alwaays nasty. It seemed we had dispensers with liquid soap in our schools before too long. I am not remembering powder soap?

This. Slo's comment is my comment as well.

I remember them being in the tiny, dirty gas station bathrooms.
Yep, the pink soap is a distinct memory!
But, the 80's? I was used to them in the 70's.
I am a 70's baby (turn 50 this year) and I know my memories are from middle school in the 80's which would be 86-87.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter