Small private pool in front of Magic

plasmo

Earning My Ears
Is the small square pool in the very front of the Magic a private pool? I saw people in it but was wondering who it was for.

This is so funny me and my roommate from my magic days were talking about this pool yesterday. Neither of us ever went in there because it was empty, or really odd itineraries.
Here’s a couple of pictures: empty in the Caribbean, but ready to go in in freezing Northern Europe 😂
Also, would never go in it on full show in front of the guests and the bridge 😂
EC8696DD-7AA0-4BD2-A5B6-EEFE712F73AB.jpeg 6999055E-D273-4B09-A363-8BA9E23935C9.jpeg

This is so funny me and my roommate from my magic days were talking about this pool yesterday. Neither of us ever went in there because it was empty, or really odd itineraries.
Here’s a couple of pictures: empty in the Caribbean, but ready to go in in freezing Northern Europe 😂
View attachment 656887 View attachment 656888
Those windows. Are those crew staterooms?

Yes aren’t they?
I don't know. I'm guessing not. The width of the ship there doesn't seem like it would be wide enough for crew quarters.
This is the Magic and you can see how wide the rail area is there

On the Wonder those openings aren't even there

View attachment 656887 View attachment 656888

I always thought this was odd too. I'm glad the crew has a place for a little exercise, fresh air, and to just relax, but it must be awkward trying to enjoy yourself and get away from the passengers when they can literally just stand there and watch you. Also if DCL is like the Disney parks I'm sure they stress the "Disney look" but I can imagine that's uncomfortable if you're hanging out in a bathing suit in full view of everyone, even if you're not on the clock.

I always thought this was odd too. I'm glad the crew has a place for a little exercise, fresh air, and to just relax, but it must be awkward trying to enjoy yourself and get away from the passengers when they can literally just stand there and watch you. Also if DCL is like the Disney parks I'm sure they stress the "Disney look" but I can imagine that's uncomfortable if you're hanging out in a bathing suit in full view of everyone, even if you're not on the clock.

And it can be so windy, even when docked. Its better post dry dock with a little more shelter. But still always felt on show.
But a massive perk having the area on certain itineraries/ports: Alaska/Panama/New York.

I think the openings are scuppers to help water drain from the deck. Maybe @Capt_BJ could give a more accurate answer.
I’d suspect similar as the wiki page for Rebecca Coriam’s disappearance mentions that crew can get in trouble for being in the area in bad weather due to the risk (I’d assume from waves so it would make sense to have extra drainage there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter