So what are your thought on masks around the resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is absolutely the right thing to do and a must to ensure public safety. Until there is a vaccine and treatment, Disney really has no choice, but let's be honest...wearing a mask outside in the Florida heat and humidity for more than 30 minutes at a time sounds more like a dare than a vacation.

We can all debate masks all day but I think you will be surprised how fast this goes away, it’s not a new normal and frankly the masks everyone is wearing are not protective from the virus. the majority of the country aren’t wearing masks now ... I think good ole Fauci slipped up today when he said it is worn as a “symbol” ... that’s a slippery slope

People just need to stop complaining about masks. It’s what’s needed right now and if people don’t want to or can’t wear a mask then they need to stay home.

And I’m really sick of hearing the argument “it doesn’t protect you”. Let’s all say it again because some people just don’t get “you wear a mask to protect others, not you”. You know kind of like coughing into your arm. It slows the spread of your germs. It’s really not a hard concept to understand.

And to be honest. I don’t like wearing masks. I only go out for short periods of time because I can only tolerate them for a short amount of time. They aren’t comfy for me. So I won’t be going until things are under control.

We can all debate masks all day but I think you will be surprised how fast this goes away, it’s not a new normal and frankly the masks everyone is wearing are not protective from the virus. the majority of the country aren’t wearing masks now ... I think good ole Fauci slipped up today when he said it is worn as a “symbol” ... that’s a slippery slope

The masks are meant to contain your fluids in case you are the one with the virus.

Btw, the doctor said it is a symbol of what we should all be doing. He is lucky enough to be where testing is done constantly. The rest of us won't have that luxury.

It will deter some people who don’t like it . People need to realize Disney is requiring masks to protect GUESTS AND CAST MEMBERS! It is selfish of people to think they don’t need one and the workers should wear one.

I totally understand that. But there's a big difference between an employer requiring its employee to wear one for liability reasons, and telling a guest who is paying $500+ a night at the Contemporary or Poly that they need to wear a mask anytime they step out of their room.

WDW isn't a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy. Its a vacation. And it needs to be treated as such. If WDW isn't willing to operate that way, they shouldn't have opened. Frankly, that goes for any vacation or leisure spot.

It is absolutely the right thing to do and a must to ensure public safety. Until there is a vaccine and treatment, Disney really has no choice, but let's be honest...wearing a mask outside in the Florida heat and humidity for more than 30 minutes at a time sounds more like a dare than a vacation.

I see the "until there is a vaccine" argument all the time as the crutch to say things like this are temporary. But people don't realize that the chances of a vaccine are actually quite slim. We don't have a vaccine for any coronavirus.

The mask mandate is going to deter a good many people away from WDW. I'd say close to 50% of families that thought about coming will not, especially any families with young children. It will be impossible.

I totally understand that. But there's a big difference between an employer requiring its employee to wear one for liability reasons, and telling a guest who is paying $500+ a night at the Contemporary or Poly that they need to wear a mask anytime they step out of their room.

WDW isn't a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy. Its a vacation. And it needs to be treated as such. If WDW isn't willing to operate that way, they shouldn't have opened. Frankly, that goes for any vacation or leisure spot.

I see the "until there is a vaccine" argument all the time as the crutch to say things like this are temporary. But people don't realize that the chances of a vaccine are actually quite slim. We don't have a vaccine for any coronavirus.

The mask mandate is going to deter a good many people away from WDW. I'd say close to 50% of families that thought about coming will not, especially any families with young children. It will be impossible.

I totally don't agree. It is nice for people who are not that bothered to have the option to go out on vacation.

You say the chance of having a vaccine are quite slim. I also don't agree with that. However, if you are right you may have to come to grips with masks being the normal thing. They may become something else we put on before heading out the door, like shoes or a top.

That is a selfish statement. The employees have to wear the masks to protect themselves. Why should someone on vacation have to not wear one just because they are on vacation? It doesn’t matter what hotel you stay at a value or deluxe the rules are still the same and COVID doesn’t know the difference between what hotel you are at (or how much or little you paid)! Disney made its decision- if you can’t wear a mask all day at Disney then don’t go. There will be plenty of people who will go. I will probably be this way for the foreseeable future.

That is a selfish statement. The employees have to wear the masks to protect themselves. Why should someone on vacation have to not wear one just because they are on vacation? It doesn’t matter what hotel you stay at a value or deluxe the rules are still the same and COVID doesn’t know the difference between what hotel you are at (or how much or little you paid)! Disney made its decision- if you can’t wear a mask all day at Disney then don’t go. There will be plenty of people who will go. I will probably be this way for the foreseeable future.

Its not selfish at all. I'm not telling anybody else what to do. I just merely stated an opinion that this mask mandate will affect WDW is a very negative way. You see it here on these boards - I'm seeing post after post of people who had reservations or were thinking of going that are not going largely because of the mask issue. Whether they have problems wearing one in the heat, or having to worry about their kids wearing it, etc. In the end, its no longer a vacation. I shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that when I'm paying thousands of dollars to go on vacation. My daughter is 6 and a lover of all things Disney, and a trip to WDW would be the ultimate for her....and I wouldn't even be able to see her smile. Maybe that wouldn't bother you, but as a dad, that would bother me terribly. That's not me being "selfish".

I have made my choice, I'm not going. And that's okay. And maybe you're right and plenty of people will go. But I'm very, very skeptical of that.

To be honest - I have no problem with it. The reality of it is...this is the new way of life. We embrace it for what it is but if you choose not to - that's your choice. Stay home and let the others enjoy life.

Also, this is the norm in Asia countries. In the parks over there if you are sick you were a mask, thats their way of life.

Key words: if you are sick.

People who are appear to be well do not wear masks all the time. And people who are sick and have to wear masks rarely go to theme parks in Asian countries. Most make a significant effort not go to anywhere they don't have to when they are showing symptoms of illness.

not going until this nonsense ends. Masks all the time except to eat. Rather vacation where my kids can be kids and we can have fun as a family without the mask gestapo crowd. For those who keep mentioning vaccines. They do understand we still have spanish flu? Not to mention the other strains that kill hundreds of thousands every year. We can't live in fear of something we have a 99.9% chance of surviving

Said it once, saying it again: we're going to see a lot of people fainting and throwing up from being in Florida heat and humidity with their faces covered by masks.

I also question how fair this is to people who have medical issues or special needs for which mask wearing isn't an option. I suppose children with sensory sensitivities who can't handle something on their face are not welcome at Disney until this passes? All of our "we care about accessibility/the parks are for everyone" goes out the window when it's no longer convenient.

not going until this nonsense ends. Masks all the time except to eat. Rather vacation where my kids can be kids and we can have fun as a family without the mask gestapo crowd. For those who keep mentioning vaccines. They do understand we still have spanish flu? Not to mention the other strains that kill hundreds of thousands every year. We can't live in fear of something we have a 99.9% chance of surviving

Tell that to the families of the 100,000+ that have died in 3 months. And considering how people are acting I don’t think it’s going to take long for that 100,000 to grow.

Totally ok with it. It is what it is. We've accepted that we'll be wearing them to most public places for awhile. It's the kind thing to do to help protect others. And if we don't make a big deal out of it, neither will our kids (which is the truth for pretty much everything). DH wears one for up to 10 hours a day every day already, and he never says anything about it. We'll just plan to take breaks in our room, we'll deal with it without complaining, and we'll have a great time like always!

While I have never been, I don’t think every person wears a mask all day in the parks in Asia. Maybe I’m wrong.

I just hope this new way of life is temporary.
They don’t. I have international students who are from China and they told me prior to this whole Covid outbreak it wasn’t normal for healthy people to be wearing masks out and about. They’d wear them if they had a cough or illness of sort but it wasn’t part of their day to day life. They are both from the Beijing area

Said it once, saying it again: we're going to see a lot of people fainting and throwing up from being in Florida heat and humidity with their faces covered by masks.

I also question how fair this is to people who have medical issues or special needs for which mask wearing isn't an option. I suppose children with sensory sensitivities who can't handle something on their face are not welcome at Disney until this passes? All of our "we care about accessibility/the parks are for everyone" goes out the window when it's no longer convenient.
Ugh, I didn’t even think of the throwing up aspect. I’ve definitely done that in the past.

I think that's their rule and you can choose not to go. Our June trip was already canceled. We are not going in the heat while wearing masks. I'm waiting for cooler weather if masks are required.

It's like anywhere else. Menards and Costco here require you to wear a mask. You don't have to go there either. You can choose to shop elsewhere, but if you want to go to Menards you wear the mask. You want to go to Disney, you wear the mask. People can stomp around angry all they want, but if it's that much of a frustration, just don't go. I feel bad for the cast members who are going to have to deal with adults having temper tantrums because they don't want to follow the rules.

I have no problem with the requirement. I also don't really want to go as long as it is a requirement, so I won't. This is just part of the deal for now and I would hope that everyone who chooses to go will respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter