So what are your thought on masks around the resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's their rule and you can choose not to go. Our June trip was already canceled. We are not going in the heat while wearing masks. I'm waiting for cooler weather if masks are required.

It's like anywhere else. Menards and Costco here require you to wear a mask. You don't have to go there either. You can choose to shop elsewhere, but if you want to go to Menards you wear the mask. You want to go to Disney, you wear the mask. People can stomp around angry all they want, but if it's that much of a frustration, just don't go. I feel bad for the cast members who are going to have to deal with adults having temper tantrums because they don't want to follow the rules.

You summed it up exactly with the “temper tantrums”. Adults getting so worked up about a private company telling them to wear masks, that’s exactly what it is. A temper tantrum.

You don’t like it. Don’t go. Simple.

I totally get it for the main areas but how do you wear a mask at the pool? It's ineffective once wet. In my state they are required indoors and only outside if you are closer than 6 feet to someone. If people are at the resort outside and no one is near them then I think it's unnecessary.

I totally get it for the main areas but how do you wear a mask at the pool? It's ineffective once wet. In my state they are required indoors and only outside if you are closer than 6 feet to someone. If people are at the resort outside and no one is near them then I think it's unnecessary.

I don't think they've even announced what they're doing about pools? It wouldn't surprise me at all if they keep them closed.

You don't. They won't be required when swimming.

If it's required then you wear it. I wear one when I'm running errands, and when I have to visit the office it is mandatory. It's a part of life right now. So yes, I'm expecting that my family will be wearing them when we visit. It's not part of a discussion, they just will.

Honestly, I think the fact that some people don't want to wear masks will ultimately help with the safety guidelines that Disney is trying to achieve. The people who don't want to wear masks will cancel (which is 100% their right), and the people who are amenable to wearing masks (and doing whatever else Disney is asking its guests to do) won't cancel. This will help naturally reduce capacity, and it will make safety measures easier to achieve as the people who ARE going will be willing to comply. As an aside, I don't think that many people are viewing masks as a deal-breaker. Yes, there are some people who are very vocal about not wanting to wear them. But the majority of my clients are quietly perfectly fine with it. They've accepted it as reality for at least the near future. There may be other things that will ultimately be deal-breakers for them, but masks don't seem to be a big issue overall.

I expected it. It's private property & I'm choosing to be there. I wear a mask at work and whenever I'm out of the house already, so it's second nature at this point for me to put one on when I leave my home. I have extras in my bag in case I forget (I'm that person who leaves without wallet & keys too so it's a good idea for me). I just want to go back to Disney, and if that's part of it, then I'm okay with that. If I change my mind over the next 6 weeks, I'll stay home.

I understand why mask requirements are in place. I’m a health care researcher my wife is a provider and has been treating covid patients throughout this whole thing.

That being said we aren’t going to Disney or anywhere else non-essential where huge crowds gather and these precautions are necessary. It just doesn’t sound fun.

We were planning a trip next year but have already decided to scrap it. I suspect things will be largely back to normal by summer ‘21 but I don’t even want to make plans while things are so uncertain.

Meanwhile we will go to the beach (uncrowded locations) or mountains where we can rent a place a not mingle with too many other people as much as possible.

People need to realize Disney is requiring masks to protect GUESTS AND CAST MEMBERS!

Respectfully, I disagree. Disney has the requirement because that is what it takes to become operational again and reduce their liability. The effectiveness of masks is severely reduced and even negated in conditions that cannot be avoided in WDW, especially in summer months. I do not believe for one second that Disney will provide their workers with the number of masks needed to get through a day, nor do I believe that most guests will carry enough masks to swap out as necessary. Shifting the onus to the individual just makes it easier for Disney to say "we did the bare minimum of what we needed to do to open." I think this basically amounts to "safety theater."

Said it once, saying it again: we're going to see a lot of people fainting and throwing up from being in Florida heat and humidity with their faces covered by masks.

I also question how fair this is to people who have medical issues or special needs for which mask wearing isn't an option. I suppose children with sensory sensitivities who can't handle something on their face are not welcome at Disney until this passes? All of our "we care about accessibility/the parks are for everyone" goes out the window when it's no longer convenient.
oh please. People have worn and are wearing masks in tropical/hot/humid environments and there are not mass numbers fainting and throwing up. Disney property = Disney rules. Even the ADA has exceptions for health and safety.

Sure, Disney is doing what they need to do.
I've got a reservation where I was going to spend several thousand dollars to Disney in September.
But, I'm not going to choose to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation and have to wear a mask all this time.
That's my choice.

Sure, Disney is doing what they need to do.
I've got a reservation where I was going to spend several thousand dollars to Disney in September.
But, I'm not going to choose to spend thousands of dollars on a vacation and have to wear a mask all this time.
That's my choice.
I completely agree with you. The people suggesting its to keep them safe need to realize its to keep Disney safe..from law suits.

We will be canceling. It sounds like they will be requiring them on the pool decks. Relaxing on a lounge chair in 100 degree heat in July with a mask is not vacation. I wore a mask for 15 minutes in 70 degrees at the Home Depot over the weekend and I almost passed out. I could not breathe. I am not angry at Disney but I will not spend thousands of dollars with their company.

We will be canceling. It sounds like they will be requiring them on the pool decks. Relaxing on a lounge chair in 100 degree heat in July with a mask is not vacation. I wore a mask for 15 minutes in 70 degrees at the Home Depot over the weekend and I almost passed out. I could not breathe. I am not angry at Disney but I will not spend thousands of dollars with their company.

In the short term, since they are being forced to limit capacity, there will likely be limited effects from those of us who choose not to go. They won't necessarily be able to accommodate everyone who would want to go anyway.

I completely agree with you. The people suggesting its to keep them safe need to realize its to keep Disney safe..from law suits.

Plus they want people to feel safe enough to spend money on their property. Which I have no problem with.

Also, to the poster who said healthy people in Asia don't wear masks. The problem with this virus is that someone who feels healthy can still spread it to others. Feeling healthy is not a good enough way to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter