So What's Up With Mousekeeping?

I've had hit-or-miss experiences with housekeeping from value standard rooms to club level junior suites and pretty much all mishaps can be traced down to miscommunication and/or logistical issues but by no means the housekeepers themselves.

One time at POP we were granted a last-minute late checkout but were getting angrily kicked out at 10:00 AM because we weren't on her list. Did not make for a placid morning, but then again, I can't blame her for the communication breakdown. Similar thing happened at WL CL, our request for turnover service got lost in the sea of call centers, but ultimately the housekeeping manager showed up at 10 PM to do it personally. While I could be mad that it took all night, I'm still more impressed that someone would show up that late instead of clocking out like, "They'll live without chocolates for one night."

From the CP girl who was super chill and just went in and turned over the room in no time for us, and the countless CMs who take the time to put my Tsum Tsums on the windowsill to surprise me, to the lady who read my note about h2o toiletries and totally hooked it up with a bunch of sea salt lotion... they're usually pretty awesome, like pixie dust faeries.

You have to wonder who the 30% are who don't return...

Probably has to do with cost...and frequency of travel as well. Lets say they only count "returning guests" as annual or semiannual. Or like when they ask you the survey question of 5 years...etc. I don't know the qualifications for the quantification. I would feel comfortable to venture a guess that they may be people who don't go often enough to be counted due to cost. I'd probably say 10% of the thirty simply didn't like the trip.

I hate the tendency to jump on the negative bandwagon. We've been 8 times. I will say that we have not had any issues except for our last visit. We stayed at Yacht Club and had great difficulty getting our room cleaned. That was the ONLY time. I would say the best experience we've had as been at the WL.
let you know how things go in a month after our visit to Coronado Springs.

Yeah, I didn't think it would be either! Just saw some folks talking about it and thought I'd present it here. We've never had a problem with mousekeeping, so I thought it seemed kinda strange what they were saying about it. Another thing is that they may have been referring to upkeep of DVC rentals, which may have a different protocol (not sure as I'm not familiar with DVC), in which case I may have misunderstood the whole story and opened my big mouth without fully understanding :scratchin But all is good and I look forward to our mousekeeping experience in a few weeks :thumbsup2
Ot but how come mouse keeping only do DVC on certain days

In over 8 years of going to disney and mostly staying BC, but we have ventured other places we have never had an issue with mousekeeping while there, upon check in though a few times we have found a few things that were missed and a quick call to them and they cleaned the room for us again , and everything else was perfect the rest of the trips we have had. Im just happy there is someone there 24/7 because we have done the mistake of forgetting to ask for a few extra pillows and blankets and they have brought them to us at 1030 11 at night.

I was at Port Orleans Riverside from June16th to the 24th. I can say that during our stay we did have daily cleaning but my sheets were never changed. There was a minor ink stain on the top sheet the entire time. I chose not to worry about it because I really just wanted to enjoy my vacation. Clean towels were more important to me and we got new ones everyday.

I was at Port Orleans Riverside from June16th to the 24th. I can say that during our stay we did have daily cleaning but my sheets were never changed. There was a minor ink stain on the top sheet the entire time. I chose not to worry about it because I really just wanted to enjoy my vacation. Clean towels were more important to me and we got new ones everyday.
I actually thought when they changed sheets it was only the bottom sheet and pillow cases that got changed. Not top sheets or other covers.
I don't know that for a fact, that's just something I picked up over the years as the way they do bedding changes between room turnover. Only when they clean after check out does it all go

Probably has to do with cost...and frequency of travel as well. Lets say they only count "returning guests" as annual or semiannual. Or like when they ask you the survey question of 5 years...etc. I don't know the qualifications for the quantification. I would feel comfortable to venture a guess that they may be people who don't go often enough to be counted due to cost. I'd probably say 10% of the thirty simply didn't like the trip.

Since you are wondering, we fall in the 30% who probably won't return to a WDW resort. We had a great trip overall but the style/quality of the on-site deluxe resorts don't fit our vacation desires. FWIW, we travel quite a bit for work and pleasure and rightly or wrongly, expected the Poly to be "like" other resorts in a comparable price range.

Back to Mousekeeping, our room was very clean. Further, the staff found and mailed back to me several articles of clothing that had fallen between the sofa and the wall. To me that shows they were cleaning in the nooks and crannies. Also, the clothing was beautifully wrapped and packaged with a nice, handwritten note.

However, a dirty diaper lay in the hall way for two days until someone picked it up. (shame on the parent who put it there but that's another issue) That is unacceptable for any hotel. It became the family joke and my son still calls it diaper-gate. I don't think the hallway was vacuumed our entire stay, it was littered with crumbs and small bits of paper/wrappers.

AngiTN that makes no sense to me. The whole benefit of getting rid of the bedspreads would be that you could wash the sheets more easily. Why strip the bed, putting the top sheet on the floor or other bed to just do the bottom sheets? Do they change the blankets out? The top sheet is the one sheet that gets the most use. We use the bed to sit on, eat on and watch TV. I would be interested to know for sure.

AngiTN that makes no sense to me. The whole benefit of getting rid of the bedspreads would be that you could wash the sheets more easily. Why strip the bed, putting the top sheet on the floor or other bed to just do the bottom sheets? Do they change the blankets out? The top sheet is the one sheet that gets the most use. We use the bed to sit on, eat on and watch TV. I would be interested to know for sure.
I wish I had thought to ask when we did a tour of a Disney laundry facility. It's part of Backstage Magic

If you want your sheets changed, strip the bed yourself and leave the pile either on the bed or on the floor.

Ot but how come mouse keeping only do DVC on certain days
DVC is a timeshare, not a "hotel". Members pay all costs associated with its upkeep. To keep the maintenance fees more manageable, housekeeping is not profided every day. Since it is considered "home away from home" members are expected to do some of the upkeep. You are provided a vacuum, broom, and other cleaning supplies. For a 7 day visit, housekeeping will come in on day 4 and change towels and empty trash. There is a trash room on every floor so it is easy for you to drop of trash the other days. If you stay more than 7 days, a full cleaning will be done on day 4 (I think that is the correct day).
Denise

DVC is a timeshare, not a "hotel". Members pay all costs associated with its upkeep. To keep the maintenance fees more manageable, housekeeping is not profided every day. Since it is considered "home away from home" members are expected to do some of the upkeep. You are provided a vacuum, broom, and other cleaning supplies. For a 7 day visit, housekeeping will come in on day 4 and change towels and empty trash. There is a trash room on every floor so it is easy for you to drop of trash the other days. If you stay more than 7 days, a full cleaning will be done on day 4 (I think that is the correct day).
Denise
And you can request, and pay for, additional cleanings
And if you pay cash for DVC from Disney it's treated like a regular reservation and you get daily housekeeping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter