So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

Our reservations at ASSp for 8/29-9/5 is still on until I see what is going to happen. I have the DDP so I'm hoping that I can park hop because 3 of our reservations are in Epcot and I don't plan on spending 3 total days at Epcot with so much construction and things being closed. So right now I'm in a wait and see what happens mode.

We should have arrived today for our 6 night trip so hoping not to have to cancel another Disney trip.

I have a DVC rental through Davids for June 21-23. Going to see if I can somehow slide that over a day to the 22-24. Will be nice to get away even if we can't enter parks.

Yesterday I booked 12-18 Oct, just 2 adults at SSR - no park trips though, just resort, springs and boardwalk time for us...struggling to get on MDE to make ADRs - assume high demand after the reopen announcement?

Hoping I booked early enough (February) so that if they start cancelling because of capacity I'm safe. Still have not bought a ticket because I don't want to waste my money with a Hopper if it's useless and then have to figure out a refund. I think the hurricane season will unfortunately be the bigger concern.

We rented DVC points (non refundable) in early Feb. I also am hoping that I'm safe.
We bought hoppers though.. right away to avoid price increase. Through UCT ...sigh
Right there with you on the hurricane season. We are mid-Sept.
One Sept we were flying down the east coast and a hurricane was coming up at the same time.
That was a nervous flight for me!

BCV-7/27-8/1- cancelling :( Moving trip to February vacation since passes will extend
Riviera 11/20-11/27- keeping

Yesterday I booked 12-18 Oct, just 2 adults at SSR - no park trips though, just resort, springs and boardwalk time for us...struggling to get on MDE to make ADRs - assume high demand after the reopen announcement?
My adult kids have been able to get on via the app but the only dining showing availability is Wine Bar George. Wondering if they temporarily disabled dining ressies so MDE can handle resort changes/cancelations/rescheduling?

We’re out—was gonna be first trip to Disney with two boys, 7 and 4. I just can’t imagine a first trip with no character meets, fireworks, masks all day (including on the kids?), etc. I knew it was coming but I’m sad. This was a rescheduled surprise April trip and I’m at a loss re: when we’ll be able to go. 1 week stay at Poly first week of September. Am i making the right choice! Also coming from NYC so would have to fly...

My boys are around the same age, also from NYC originally, and we just went to WDW back in December, stating at Wilderness Lodge (but we have stayed at Poly before). So much of the fun of that experience was character meets and interaction (fighting Kylo Ren in Jedi Training Academy, meeting the evil queen at Artist Point). I'm also wondering how they will handle social distancing on the monorail and in those queues. Any WDW trip is expensive, but that is even more true when you are staying deluxe. For the price you will be paying, I think you're making the right choice to postpone and make their first trip truly magical.

I was supposed to travel with my husband and our two boys (16 & 14) June 27th- July 1st. I cancelled yesterday. Not sure if it would have been canceled anyway but if not what's the point if nothings open? Has anyone from these dates been canceled yet? Sad we'll miss out on the free dining, but looking forward to going back when everything is back to "normal".

After today's announcement, we could potentially go as we had reservations in August. However, not enough information for me to decide yet, on the fence.

Need to hear more before making a decision to go or cancel, I have a bit of time to decide within the deposit back window for more info to shake out. Shades of Green, August. Waiting to hear how the reservations system will work, will we get in, what to do about the Salute park hoppers we have from our cancelled April trip (can we use them, or need another type of ticket now?), and some resort questions now on how it will proceed forward, such as what the resort will have for pool policies, transportation, dining etc. TBD for me.

Sept 7- Sept 12 Beach Club. Right now we are holding the reservation. As more information is released, we will make a final decision. We were going to make this a surprise trip for my girls but I think now we will clue them in as we get closer to get their input about whether they would want to go with the restrictions.

Sept 12-20 split between BCV/Kidani. Keeping and hoping for less restrictions by then. If my kids were younger we'd cancel.

keeping 9/26-10/2 Poly & AKV-our dates were this week 5/23-5/29 CC 2br. and this is when I am rescheduled.

Our June reservation was cancelled. Keeping August, will keep September and November as long as these restrictions are still in place those months! Happy travels everyone

We are Dec 4-11 and keeping for now. So much can change before then.

That being said, I'm debating placing a deposit on a back up date for 2021 just in case.

8/28-9/4 will wait till more comes out but likely cancelling, not willing to wear a mask in the FL heat or pay same price for the greatly reduced experience ie character meals/meet and greets for my child. Likely change to Jan. And re evaluate then.
Same. I won't go if masks are still required (which I think in August it surely would still be) and certainly won't pay top dollar for less experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter