So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

We’re out—was gonna be first trip to Disney with two boys, 7 and 4. I just can’t imagine a first trip with no character meets, fireworks, masks all day (including on the kids?), etc. I knew it was coming but I’m sad. This was a rescheduled surprise April trip and I’m at a loss re: when we’ll be able to go. 1 week stay at Poly first week of September. Am i making the right choice! Also coming from NYC so would have to fly...

I wouldn't cancel September just yet! Things are changing everyday with Covid, who knows what Disney will be like by then. If you can wait, wait.
:)

keeping our reservations for now Pop Oct 26-Nov 3...booked our airlines months ago-before all this hit and got a great deal(not sure of airlines for refund/change fees) we have hoppers for the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. unsure of the cost vs loss of experiences is worth it-will wait as long as i can to see how it plays out. all the uncertainty, may end up in Florida doing VRBO in our worse case and save Disney. Lets hope things are somewhat figured out by then.

Had to cancel mine as it was for the June 27th till July 10th at POP. Very sad about it. But hopefully I can rebook later this fall once reservations open back up. Would like to go end of Nov/Dec. 2020.

I don’t have hope for our August 22-28 trip being normal so I think I’m just going to cancel now. If I could guarantee we wouldn’t have to wear masks and we would have characters, fireworks and parades I would keep it.

July 25-Aug 1. All-Star Movies. 99% sure we will cancel. Masks at all times, no shows/fireworks, no characters, meanwhile paying full price? Hard pass.

The only reason we haven’t cancelled yet is because I can’t cancel it online (it was part of the rebook deal) and I don’t want to deal with the phone wait right now.

Not sure when we’ll be able to go again. This would also be our fourth canceled trip this year. I’m pretty bitter.

Had both August and December reserved. Dropped August this morning. Just too much uncertainty at this point. Plus, we’re not sure we want to fly either!

Same. I won't go if masks are still required (which I think in August it surely would still be) and certainly won't pay top dollar for less experiences.
Yeah, I am sad, even though I knew this was coming. But it is just way too much money to not get full enjoyment. I understand why they have to do what they are doing. Just changes things for me. I just hope things progress quickly and we are able to get back closer to normal sooner rather than later so I can take my daughter and experience that Disney Magic with her.

Nov 30th to Dec 6th. We're keeping for now since so much could change in the next 6 months.
But if it's not back to semi normal we will cancel.
We're waiting to see how ADRs, FPs and mask requirements will be closer to our trip. We like fireworks and parades but they aren't a deal breaker for us.

We have a reservation for 8/19-8/29 and are just waiting on more information to come out before we make a decision. Most likely cancelling but will let everything play out a little longer.

We booked a backup trip for Christmas week so we will have to see if anything changes from summer till then to make that trip a go.

My adult kids have been able to get on via the app but the only dining showing availability is Wine Bar George. Wondering if they temporarily disabled dining ressies so MDE can handle resort changes/cancelations/rescheduling?

I certainly hope so because I recently canceled my trip with all of my ADRs, then rebooked a shorter one when I heard they'd be announcing their reopening plans...and I added a Disney Dining Plus Plan...which Wine Bar George does NOT accept. This is so not good.

YC 9/7-9/12 - Keeping! Even if these restrictions announced this morning hold through Sept, we'll make it work. Right now it's the only thing we know for certain we have to look forward to this year.

Another one keeping BWV 9/5-9/8 & CCV 9/8-9/16. We will be following what happens in the next months before our trip.

Well, my June 24th reservation was taken out today. Still have an August 21st reservation but not too optimistic about that either. Really don't want to deal with masks down there in that heat,

Completely understand the health concerns, but being over a month behind other places really got me depressed. 😔

I’m scheduled for YC at the end of August. Nothing announced today is a dealbreaker for me, so I’m hoping to still go. However, if I’m bumped from YC I will only go if the new resort, in my opinion (not according to resort level or cost), is as good as or better than my YC reservation.

Keeping for now Dec. 4 - 11, WL... If things don't go back to normal I will cancel...
Same here - Wilderness Lodge, December 5 - 11, keeping this reservation. Just going primarily for the Christmas decorations.

Sept, POR, probably keeping but will probably shorten. I don't imagine there will be 10 days worth of stuff to do.

Split stay 8/7-8/16. Currently 3 days at Beach Club, then offsite (but have Pop booked as well as a backup). keeping for now, but will re-evaluate in July. Things could completely change either way by that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter