So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????

Keeping ours. Early-mid October. I'll wear a mask, dance a jig, anything they want, it's our honeymoon and I won't be changing it unless I can't get in. I've already started on the additions I'm going to make to our Disney masks to customize them a bit. I don't do parades or anything that means being in a crowd smashed together like sardines anyway, so I'm not worried about missing that.
My fiance just told me this weekend that he'd like to do some meet and greets on this trip and not just photopass pics. I laughed. Had to tell him sure, if they're having m&g's we'll go. What a time to make that change!

Keeping our Aug 24 - Sept 2 Yacht Club/Grand Floridian split stay.

I want to see if I can get a Fort Wilderness ressie for July since our July Maine trip may not happen as they are not allowing out of state campers at the campground at this time we have booked.

8/28-8/30 YC, 9/4-9/5 POR with some stops in between at Universal and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We're absolutely keeping our reservations unless something really weird happens, but I don't have little kids that I'm trying to keep masked, and we've become pretty used to wearing them.

We just want to go. It's going to be a different experience than the one we're used to, but that's okay. We're kind of trusting Disney to make it magical no matter what.

Was planning on going this fall, but didn't make reservations yet in order to see what kind of restrictions would be in place as they re-opened. Disney's announcement today made my decision easy.

With two young kids, its impossible to expect them to wear masks on a daily basis, all day in the parks. I won't subject them to that. They won't have fun, and we as parents won't have fun if the foremost thing on our minds is not enjoying ourselves on a vacation but making sure we and our children abide by all the rules and regulations that will be in place. Especially when prices won't change one bit.

Personally, I'm disappointed. I understand why Disney is doing the mask thing. But by in large, WDW is an outdoor experience where people are usually constantly on the move....other than a handful of attractions with theatre-style seating or when you're sitting watching a parade or eating, you're rarely in the same spot. If they think all of these restrictions - specifically the mask mandate - won't have a negative impact on park attendance, they're going to be in for a rude awakening. And rules/restrictions, once in place, are always harder to remove. Always.

There are other places where we can go where our kids can be kids, and we as a family can enjoy a vacation. As of now, it looks like WDW isn't that place.

I made July 15th - 19th at Pop about 10 minutes before the official announcement. We're still evaluating what the flight looks like - we're not sure we want to fly yet.

Definitely keeping GF the weekend of Sept 12, but debating the second half of the trip at Swan. If Food and Wine doesn't happen, we might cancel that portion.

Currently booked 10/25-11/2 at Pop. Rescheduled from April. We're keeping it for now, but the two things giving us pause are the mask requirement and the entry reservation requests. If both of those things are still in place come October, we'll strongly consider cancelling even though we'd hate to. We're booked at Universal before we move to WDW, so we'll be watching how their requirements evolve as well.

I have Pop 8/22-30 and 8/30-9/7 and I'm not canceling anything yet. We have 9 day tickets from our canceled March trip good until 12/15.

Currently have a Universal/WDW vacation for July 25--August 2. I already have flights, ADRs, and FastPasses booked. I've had this trip booked since October 2019 so it's really hard for me to cancel... The masks are going to be rough. But I'm really upset about not meeting Chip N Dale (a tradition every trip) and not seeing Happily Ever After. I don't know. I've been looking forward to this trip for years because we didn't get to go in 2019. Keeping the reservation for now but will seriously be weighing the pros and cons when more information comes out.

Keeping and going to try to extend at the Poly. Our original dates were 7/10-7/14 with the first park day 7/11. Hoping to extend to 7/18 to go to Hollywood Studios (our favorite park).

I'm not cancelling any of my existing fast passes or add-ons (Villains party, Fireworks Dessert Party, EMM) until they cancel or I can talk to someone on the phone about it.

Will be curious how quickly they email us about options for the park reservations.

I have one the last two weeks of August and a second one in early December. At this point, I plan on keeping both. I am sure December will be more comfortable as far as mask requirements, but after having two trips cancelled over the last three months, I am willing to give August a try. With the need for park reservations I may not be able to go to a park every day anyway during the hotter trip. Hopefully by December things will be back to allowing full occupancy (whether people actually visit is a different story).

And, we have Aug 4-11th at Yacht. We will go, no matter restrictions ( if hotels are open) Yes, it’s “hot” ( but Ohio is Hot too, yes, humid hot) but honestly, I’d rather be wearing a mask at Disney than bored out of my skull wearing a mask here at home.

I have not read through all comments yet, and I might be missing something, but what is the point of going to those choices on June 22nd if parks are not open? Just to hang out? ( which I get!) I’m not judging! Just asking!!!
If they were booked on points it could be a use it or lose it scenario. However I have done 4-5 night no park stays (even with an AP) and enjoyed them.

I have not read through all comments yet, and I might be missing something, but what is the point of going to those choices on June 22nd if parks are not open? Just to hang out? ( which I get!) I’m not judging! Just asking!!!
7/5 - 7/13 Boulder Ridge. Going to cancel as I refuse to waste DVC points if can’t go in parks. Will bank for next year

Gran Destino Tower
We have a reservation there the last week of September/October. I surely would want an "upgrade" if they aren't having the resort open. We don't have a special suite or anything but I don't want just another moderate resort like Port Orleans, I'd want to be bumped to a deluxe hotel :)

I am hanging on the fence on the side of canceling a trip for the first 2 weeks of Sept that was a resched of a May trip. Wifey wasnt happy with the news today. I may try to hold out till my fast pass window to see what happens.

9/5 - 9/16 - All Star Music
Keeping as of right now. I need a lot more information before making a decision.

We have a split stay coming up Sept 5-8 at ASMO and Sept 8-13 at YC. We're going with a big group and so far we're all keeping it and hoping that restrictions are a bit lighter by the time we go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter