So Who’s Canceling/Keeping Their Reservations????


The amulet is’s probably an emerald...
Oct 3, 2016
Booked at POP Sept 19-26. Keeping for now, but will likely end up canceling. We’ll see how the reopening goes. The reduced hours and masks in the heat at that time of year are kind of a deal breaker. (I wear N95 all day at work, in healthcare). But we had to cancel our Grand Canyon/Zion/Monument Valley trip already that I had been planning for a while and am pretty sad about that. Was supposed to be in Vegas picking up the RV today!! Planning a Disney trip always gives me some much needed hope.


DIS Veteran
May 6, 2012
Booked at FQ
July 19-24. Waiting to hear from them on whether this resort will be open.


Full time stay at home crafter!
Sep 13, 1999
Keeping, but we lost half of our traveling party. We rescheduled from May to July 11-18th. Had a 2BR at SSR, but the family that had little guys, ages 20 months and 7, decided to back out, and I don't blame them. So it's just me, my husband, and my sister. We downsized to a 1BR. The only upside is that we were able to book Boulder Ridge. Also have an October 14-24th trip with my husband, and my sister and her husband, that we are keeping.
  • focusondisney

    DIS Veteran
    May 7, 2009
    We have 2 reservations at YC CL.... July 13-18 & September 12-18. I still have a lot of questions before I make a definite decision. As much as we like to do quirky, one of a kind things, being there the first few days may just be a little too much for us. We’re both essential workers & have been working thru everything. We really need to destress & relax.

    For July, we’re probably going to cancel. Trying to navigate the first days that Epcot & studios opens might not be exactly relaxing. But I am waiting to get all the facts before I cancel anything. Will YC be open? What will club level look like? Will having resorts reservations or FPs help with a park reservation. A free for all on the day park reservations open up sounds dreadful. And what about restaurants? We do a signature dinner most nights. Eating quick service every meal is not for us. On the other hand, if YC is closed & they offer us GF main building.... I’m going! :lmao:

    But I fully intend to keep September. The parks will be opened for 2 months by then, should have a good idea of club level benefits & restaurants should be relatively normal. I think that will give us the trip we need at this point.

    Disney Frenhines

    DIS Veteran
    Aug 28, 2013
    Pop. Sept 15th for 16 days coming from the UK. Still considering my options. My flight from the UK was cancelled, but, my ticket is open and I could fly via JFK returning via ATL. I am considering cutting a couple of days off the trip as an option. £3000 is a lot of money for a watered down experience and I'm wondering if we will still be able to park hop (with reservations to get into parks) with a park hopper ticket. There is quite a bit more to this than it would initially seem.
    I'm a solo guest so only have to consider myself. I'm okay with no character meet and greets, I've done more than enough over the years and most can be samey. I expect they will have photographers for the iconic shots such as in front of Cinderella Castle etc and there are the magic shots too as well as attraction photos. I'm okay with no parades to a degree, but, hugely disappointed about no fireworks. The reduced park hours are a bit disappointing, but, there's always Disney Springs and resort hopping. I have the QSDP and the food is a huge part of the trip and the only ADRs I have are breakfast and lunch at BoG, so that aspect of the trip is still there. I'm wondering what they will do about MNSSHP, to charge full price with no character meets, parade , shows or fireworks is a bit of a cheek. In fact, Disney should offer a gift to those who booked vacations well before the pandemic and who are willing to keep their reservations as these are the guests bringing in the lucre. A gift card with a decent amount on it would be a nice gesture, especially if they consider those guests booked expecting the full experience, any who book now know what they will be getting and shouldn't expect an incentive.
    Last week I did call to cancel, the length of the wait time was two hours at one point, so I do think a lot of Brits are cancelling, when I got through I was told to email them, I did and the reply was I had to call them. I get the impression they aren't happy with me cancelling, I've cancelled before without any of this palaver. Sorry for the length of this post as I'm still a bit shall I/shan't I about this.
  • MrsSmith07

    May 8, 2020
    Keeping - July 18-26 @ GF and Nov 21-29 @ Riviera

    For us, we are fortunate to be able to visit as much as we do. This will be our 5th trip in less than 14 months. We don't watch parades anymore, we don't care about meet & greets, and while I like fireworks, I've never stood in the hub to watch them. I'm one of those people who want to go because even if its different, it'll make interesting memories of this time. I bet my kids will always remember this trip just because it'll be so different from the norm. I like that.


    May 1, 2005
    I canceled online, was book at GF July 5-10. I'd like to book something for October or December but I can't even see prices online right now.


    Dis Veteran
    Jan 2, 2011
    We rebooked our cancelled March trip to November at FQ.
    If the mask fiasco is still on-going, we'll cancel and save $5,000.
    Don't mind the reduced hours or lack of parades/fireworks but the masks are a deal breaker for us.


    Jul 5, 2008
    We are supposed to arrive July 12th. I tried calling several times to try to change dates but systems have been down both yesterday and today. I don’t want to be the guinea pig for the first few days of opening. I want to see some reports of others experience prior to going. We are in Colorado, so it is a huge undertaking for us to travel to WDW.


    Dec 27, 2007
    Seabean's got a great point. Might as well just sit on the balcony at WL

    Waiting for info on pool access

    OK, right here....

    Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.

    Because this year we're doing a resorts-only trip (CL + BWI split stay) we place much more emphasis on being in the pool and the CL buffet food. Which brought my two questions earlier in this thread...

    How do you run a buffet with an airborne/droplet virus?

    How do you spend time at a pool with masks?

    So there will be no masks for the pool.... but what about buffet areas?


    DIS Veteran
    Mar 5, 2016
    Booked mid November but will cancel if masks are required. We have two littles (4&6) who will not wear them. They also love character meals and M&G. Will not go if they are cancelled...we’ll just wait a year.


    DIS Veteran
    Jun 13, 2005
    Late July at YC using the Fun n Sun Discount. First trip to WDW in 14 years (but I've been to Disneyland twice in the last 10 years).

    I will keep the reservation until the cancel date, and I hate the bind I am in because we have no idea exactly how WDW will operate and what the crowd load will be with reduced hours. I always try to plan a day at WDW to snag early entry, and then retreat to a quieter park or water park during the middle of the day. I make use of the Lines app and strategic Fastpasses to see as much as possible.

    Some reasons to cancel:

    I have a Park Hopper and Water Parks on my tickets. I rely on park hopping up to three parks a day to maximize my WDW trip. I also have ADRs in multiple parks on the same day. My park plan is usually MK-HS-EC or MK-EC-HS, and sometimes AK-EC or HS-EC.

    I was up at 7am the other day to get Fastpasses. They weren't available for some of the best rides, but I still reserved three per day, but as of today my Fastpasses have disappeared. Some of those Fastpasses were for rides my kids really want to be able to enjoy.

    Even though my children are older, we still enjoy character interactions and my daughter was going to bring a scrapbook to collect autographs.

    I have ADRs for several character meals--CP, 1900, GG, Cape May, Akserhus, etc. With no characters, are these venues really worth $60+ per person?

    Will the water parks be open?

    Wearing masks in the Florida sun seems uncomfortable, and useless, as this virus does not appear to live long in heat, humidity, or sunlight.

    Wearing a mask anywhere at the resort hotel? Also, sounds uncomfortable, and a hassle given the very tiny danger of infection from walking past someone else in a hallway.

    I am concerned that I am paying a whole lot of money for a sub-par experience. For what 4 nights and 5 days costs at WDW ($4,000+), I could have a really nice 2-week vacation elsewhere in Florida, or in California, or the Outer Banks, etc.

    Reasons not to cancel:

    No Brazilians at WDW this summer.


    Disney News and Updates

    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.