SOLO: A Chunkymonkey Story - June 2018! NEW 8/23 Last SOLO Moments THE END - Final VLOG posted!

So, it's also my first stay at POP - anything unique I should have for breakfast because I can't get beignets? :laughing:
Should I grab breakfast at Pop?

I loved POP! - the big icons were such fun photo ops, and I took an early walk one morning just for that purpose while the guys were getting ready.

I don't remember anything really different for breakfast there, but the food court had plenty of variety and my Mickey waffles were delicious! With such a late lunch, I'd probably go for the bounty platter to get you through the long morning.

I love POP! I feel like for a one night stay you won't regret the move, especially for the $80 savings! Could always take a walk over to Art of Animation too if you wanted to check that resort out :)

I feel like I made it here just in time! :laughing:

But I know I'm one of those people who likes to be "go Go GO!" at Disney all the time so I would feel out of place of sorts if I'm not doing something productive at Disney, am I just strange? Haha. I think I just have a serious case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).
I know exactly how you feel!
If I go on Saturday June 9th, the park closes at 11pm, so then I'd feel rushed to finish dessert quickly so I could do more rides. Is it just me being strange again? LOL.
Nope, I'd feel the same way.
Sweet Chili Shrimp Baked Mac and Cheese - AK
Shrimp-Mac-and-Cheese_Eight-Spoon-Cafe_17-01-700x465.jpg

I've always been curious about this. I'm not sure I'll have a chance to eat this since every time I'm in AK I tend to have Satuli Cantee for a quick service meal, but if I can, I'll see if I can get this as the idea of baked mac n cheese with the sweet chili shrimp seems tasty and unique. I also like how it's a savory snack as I'm definitely more of a salty snack person than sweet.
I might need to investigate this...
nutella waffle sandwich for breakfast
We like to split one of these for breakfast in MK... just enough to get going and then we can start snacking mid morning :rotfl:

Therefore, I HAVE made the switch to Pop Century from POR Royal Rooms. I'm leaving the the royalty behind, but like you all said, it's only for a few hours, and I can just spend that money on....everything else! If I don't end up with a refurbished room I'd be very very sad though. :sad:
I will do a fax request for a refurbished room regardless.

Good move! I've used the Touring Plans room request service twice now and got the exact room I requested both times. I hope you have the same luck!

Check out of Pop and have them transfer my stuff to Saratoga Springs. Should I grab breakfast at Pop?

I would. I am not a huge fan of food courts, but I kind of like this one. There's a ton to choose from and plenty of seats. Plus, you'll be super close to it in your preferred room :thumbsup2

Anyone want to join me? :)

Yes!! :sad::sad::sad:

Then I'll walk over to MK for some Peoplemover and the After Fireworks dessert party.:thumbsup2

That sounds fun! I can't wait to hear what you think of the After Party. I bet it's way more relaxed. I felt like with the beer party, I kind of rushed through everything because I wanted to get a good spot to see the fireworks. I don't know if I'd even do the before party anymore because with double the people in there, I'd almost be guaranteed to not find a good spot.

I like this plan much better now that I'm not going back and forth between Epcot and DHS on the same day, especially since the friendship boats are not going to DHS (they are doing some work on the bridge area near Swan and Dolphin).

I don't mind walking, but that would be exhausting!

an FoP FP+ opens up :P

Good luck! Too bad they don't have a single-rider line :-)

I loved POP - the big icons were such fun photo ops, and I took an early walk one morning just for that purpose while the guys were getting ready.

Cool! Excited to see this for the first time!

I don't remember anything really different for breakfast there, but the food court had plenty of variety and my Mickey waffles were delicious! With such a late lunch, I'd probably go for the bounty platter to get you through the long morning.

I think I'll take your advice and get a big breakfast hehe.

I love POP! I feel like for a one night stay you won't regret the move, especially for the $80 savings! Could always take a walk over to Art of Animation too if you wanted to check that resort out :)

Everyone I have spoken to seems to enjoy POP, and I know people who stay there every time. The savings is indeed the best part, hehe.
I've stayed at AoA twice now, and I really love it. I've only stayed in the suites and I really love them, they are so cute!

I feel like I made it here just in time! :laughing:

Only 3 more days now! :)

I know exactly how you feel!

I can't help but want to do everything on each visit even though I've been back like 7 times last year. :laughing:

I might need to investigate this...

I'll let you know if I do try it!

We like to split one of these for breakfast in MK... just enough to get going and then we can start snacking mid morning :rotfl:

I wish I had someone to split with me so that I can eat more stuff, LOL. Guess I'll just have to eat the whole thing. :)

Good move! I've used the Touring Plans room request service twice now and got the exact room I requested both times. I hope you have the same luck!

That's what I'm going to do too! :)

I would. I am not a huge fan of food courts, but I kind of like this one. There's a ton to choose from and plenty of seats. Plus, you'll be super close to it in your preferred room :thumbsup2

Yay! I've heard great things about this food court, and I liked the AoA one and this one is supposed to be bigger!

That sounds fun! I can't wait to hear what you think of the After Party. I bet it's way more relaxed. I felt like with the beer party, I kind of rushed through everything because I wanted to get a good spot to see the fireworks. I don't know if I'd even do the before party anymore because with double the people in there, I'd almost be guaranteed to not find a good spot.

That's what I'm hoping for...a relaxed dessert party. I think it makes sense to do desserts after. I hope the viewing area is not super packed. but I guess that really just means there's no room to sit down, and I actually feel better about that because I always stand anyways for the best view but I don't want to feel like I'm blocking the people who are sitting (and who complain all the time about the people standing in front of them LOL). There's definite no room for everyone to sit in such a small area with double the guests now!

I don't mind walking, but that would be exhausting!

There are going to be buses back and forth from DHS to Epcot but it's gonna be a pain to walk from World Showcase all the way to the front if I happen to be there.

Good luck! Too bad they don't have a single-rider line :-)

I know, right? Wishful thinking.

I think you made the right call switching to Pop and saving some money! Your revised plans sound great!

Thanks!! I hope everything works out this weekend!

The flower wall near the main hippy dippy pool makes a great photo op!

Cool! I'm excited to see it first hand!

That's what I'm hoping for...a relaxed dessert party. I think it makes sense to do desserts after. I hope the viewing area is not super packed. but I guess that really just means there's no room to sit down, and I actually feel better about that because I always stand anyways for the best view but I don't want to feel like I'm blocking the people who are sitting (and who complain all the time about the people standing in front of them LOL). There's definite no room for everyone to sit in such a small area with double the guests now!

There is a thread where the after party has been discussed at length. Reviews are coming in from attendees. So far, the viewing area has not felt overly crowded at all and the party area has had numerous unclaimed tables. It appears neither the before nor the after parties are selling out at the moment. People viewing from the garden are reporting plenty of room, some people standing, some sitting. One group tried to lay down to view and griped at the people standing in front of them. The people in front held their ground and ignored them.

There is a thread where the after party has been discussed at length. Reviews are coming in from attendees. So far, the viewing area has not felt overly crowded at all and the party area has had numerous unclaimed tables. It appears neither the before nor the after parties are selling out at the moment. People viewing from the garden are reporting plenty of room, some people standing, some sitting. One group tried to lay down to view and griped at the people standing in front of them. The people in front held their ground and ignored them.

Ah thanks for the info! I'll have to check out the thread. I'm glad it's not too full in the viewing area anymore. I got yelled at once too, along with the 40 people or so standing in front of a family who were sprawled out on the hub grass, but there literally was no where else to go at that party. It was packed that week due to HEA premiering. Kudos to those people who held their ground!!

Looking forward to having dessert in peace, hehe.

Ah thanks for the info! I'll have to check out the thread. I'm glad it's not too full in the viewing area anymore. I got yelled at once too, along with the 40 people or so standing in front of a family who were sprawled out on the hub grass, but there literally was no where else to go at that party. It was packed that week due to HEA premiering. Kudos to those people who held their ground!!

Looking forward to having dessert in peace, hehe.

You're welcome! Here's the link to the thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...sert-party-parties-discussion-thread.3604693/

The last 10 pages or so talk about the before vs after party, and probably the last 3-5 pages have the reviews coming in since the addition of the after party.

As much as I loved the Royal rooms at POR, I think you made the right choice in switching to POP as well. $80 is $80 and you were only there to sleep the first night.

Can't believe you are leaving in 3 days, eeek :cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana:

There are going to be buses back and forth from DHS to Epcot but it's gonna be a pain to walk from World Showcase all the way to the front if I happen to be there.
Well I can report first hand that the busses from DHS to Epcot in middle of day SUCK! I'd avoid that at all costs. 45 minutes between busses. I sent a complaint via twitter on that. We also took a taxi from Epcot last night back to the fort as the bus was at least 3 standing room only before we would have gotten on- this was after we lingered a good 10 minutes at restaurant after illuminations and took our sweet time walking to front. Taxi got us back in time for a quick swim before pool closed (and multiple rides down slide :D). Disney want to charge for cars but their bus system truly is horrendous.

Remember you have AoA food court within short distance as well. I didn't actually ever eat at Pop- always went to AoA.
Currently chilling at Meadows pool, then grilling steak and potatoes, Chip n Dale sing along with s'mores, possible MK for an hour or two tonight. Or not .

You're welcome! Here's the link to the thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...sert-party-parties-discussion-thread.3604693/

The last 10 pages or so talk about the before vs after party, and probably the last 3-5 pages have the reviews coming in since the addition of the after party.

Thank you! I will post a little review after I do the party! Crosses fingers it's worth it!

As much as I loved the Royal rooms at POR, I think you made the right choice in switching to POP as well. $80 is $80 and you were only there to sleep the first night.

Can't believe you are leaving in 3 days, eeek :cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana:

Yes I think I made the right call, now let's hope for a refurbished room!
I'm getting so excited for my solo adventure! I went to the Disney store today to browse and they were playing Second Star to the Right...got me really in the Disney spirit!

Well I can report first hand that the busses from DHS to Epcot in middle of day SUCK! I'd avoid that at all costs. 45 minutes between busses. I sent a complaint via twitter on that. We also took a taxi from Epcot last night back to the fort as the bus was at least 3 standing room only before we would have gotten on- this was after we lingered a good 10 minutes at restaurant after illuminations and took our sweet time walking to front. Taxi got us back in time for a quick swim before pool closed (and multiple rides down slide :D). Disney want to charge for cars but their bus system truly is horrendous.

Remember you have AoA food court within short distance as well. I didn't actually ever eat at Pop- always went to AoA.
Currently chilling at Meadows pool, then grilling steak and potatoes, Chip n Dale sing along with s'mores, possible MK for an hour or two tonight. Or not .

Ugh that sounds terrible. It's obvious Disney wants you to PAY for transportation now since everyone seems to complain about the buses so much, well there is another option, pay 20 bucks plus tip to get anywhere in Disney! LOL. It was bound to happen!

But yay you are at Disney!! That sounds so awesome. How is the weather? The usual? Hot, humid, rainy? :laughing:
I love the Food Court at AoA! But since I'm at POP for the first time I think i'll try it out. The menu looks extensive I'm sure I'll find something delicious!
See you next Monday!

Therefore, I HAVE made the switch to Pop Century from POR Royal Rooms. I'm leaving the the royalty behind, but like you all said, it's only for a few hours, and I can just spend that money on....everything else! If I don't end up with a refurbished room I'd be very very sad though. :sad:
I will do a fax request for a refurbished room regardless.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pop lives up to expectations for you (and me as I will be there a few days later). Just couldn't justify spending points on one night just to sleep. I just got my email that my room request will be faxed in 2 days and I am so excited! Safe travels to FL.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pop lives up to expectations for you (and me as I will be there a few days later). Just couldn't justify spending points on one night just to sleep. I just got my email that my room request will be faxed in 2 days and I am so excited! Safe travels to FL.

Yes exactly! Too many points for the Friday night just to sleep. I'll update everyone while I'm there, hehe. Safe travels to you too on your solo adventure!!

Yeah weather is typical June, haven't really seen rain since first night, couple clouds. Evenings are nice with sun down, but humidity is just a given lol.

Looks like we may end up at Pop in August - I'd like to get last trip out of APs, and we will have Universal season passes too. Hubs wants to bring one of his best friends down with him for a couple days- the guy will never be able to afford it otherwise (Cm discount on hotel, plus cheap air fare, plus free passes to the parks thanks to DD) so they may come down for my hubs bday and I come down couple days later and drive back with DD when her internship is done. Long story to say- anxious to hear how the preferred rooms are. Friend is a vet with health issues so would like to minimize walking.

Just couple more days to your solo adventure!

PTR Update 6/6/2018 - 1 more day!

So the latest change to my SOLO trip is news that Homecoming's Rise & Shine Brunch service starts this Sunday June 10th. For some reason I always thought they had a brunch service but I guess it was just lunch. They are promising new items for brunch although the menu has not been released yet. From what I understand they do have some classics like the Fried Chicken and Doughnuts which is what I had last time. It was good, but there's no way I'm finishing all of that, plus I'd like to try something new and exclusive to the brunch menu.

scAaj3Cgvmtjo5pr30hhNWn2AAdJHCWlL2mHSgtEh-xHkzvzneKCbn93VhkuwcZ0GKwldA3_5p0s20X2GbD9lWLxhML8EbaUdTBrRrtIFViS0EB7LI49ePP_-giRG51QC1PSA5EVfd27dNprVn3-EBQGUjuRpb-fYRcugtlItvbT45QsV7Bo3QMqMyaC7jHMmY-bGjym2BQUKxp4VRNZ6YuIcHeFq40Ujm0Xx39iTWExfVxHguGRAiD0Dj6BgQw24wuLKJMdSbxiUhnG0xLmqqA6l0xlvC6pJAshKns4f7HRCczUY7TfvYKk59RC_n2W09ZbWDte4F31xb7aoVADFEVa41nzTFT4Lfb7whVcok0I9K3lpAiFzq4jgzDvE1dg0q-0r1D_chDvE0FW9RNBai9GEK53MHOtAW3ycuBlTsenuehj4Z7ehaITffZjIeHWD7SnGnOjg3IBQShubR2Ahga5g-fnvX9GQmizSJUGvSKuUK5Nn_KzsA-mQqGqwo5m8p4wKHGe6jVuhhwaUA_Z18bwl8aZ6cyXXnAbaOeYGZb43odJmh1JW6JyuLolMNaxuLg9_O0py4gr_ZfAnt-IhTo6ltKuX_di1DL3IjLP=w407-h745-no

I hope it's worth it as I pushed all my FP+ at Epcot to later that afternoon. My brunch is at 10:30am and my first FP is for Spaceship Earth at 12:30pm-ish. At least Homecoming will be easy to get to from Saratoga Springs and maybe I can spend the morning just walking around the Springs or maybe take a dip in the pool. I also wonder how to get to Epcot after brunch but maybe I'll get an Uber which will take care of that. Or perhaps a bus to Beach Club/Boardwalk and walk over. I will most likely be really full from brunch so that will tide me over to the early evening. I probably wont' have time to visit AK on Sunday like I thought I would. Was thinking of eating a light dinner/snack at Wilderness Lodge before heading to MK for the evening, just because I never spend any time there. What are some of your favorite snacks and drinks at WL, preferably savory snacks and not sweest? I know based on @ariane37 and @ArielSRL recommendations to try the Cascadia Sangria or the Blueberry Lemonade at Geyser Point. :) After-fireworks dessert party is that night! Looking forward to it!

OK so in total I now have 3 ADRs: Mama Melrose, MK After fireworks Dessert Party, and Homecoming Brunch :)

Some other new things I would maybe try:

Purple Wall Slushie - pretty much a Taro Bubble Tea from what I understand. I've had these before at bubble tea places and although it's not my favorite I like them enough to try MK's version of them. Interestingly though, I've heard that it tastes terrible, so maybe not.

Purple%20Wall%20Slush.png

Millennial Pink Milkshake - I am not entirely sure about this as it looks too sweet and I don't normally drink milkshakes but it's so cute, I just want it for pictures, LOL.

img_0511.jpg

Mermaid Tail Cupcake - Yet another sweet item, but so adorable, and I tend to like confetti cake. I think Disney needs more savory snacks!

98A73EBD-2F28-4514-9BAD-6FB6BD6593BA-1200x848.jpeg

Whew that's a lot of sweet stuff, I'll probably end up just trying one of the above. :)

So I got my ME information in the mail, but for some reason it still says POR on it. I arrive too late for luggage delivery anyways so I won't be using the tags.
I am going to have to try and figure out why it still stays POR instead of POP. Maybe I'll have to call them, which is such a pain. :sad2:

So now...just have to get through today and tomorrow at work and then I'll be on my way! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter