Something About Nothing ... #12

Hope you don’t have to be at work early!

I’m waiting for Mr Mac to stop snoring

Every night I sit up and wait until I can’t keep my eyes open cause that is when I can sleep when he snores

Lynne, yep......waxing is very ouch!! But worth it........she’s so good though it’s very quick!!!

Charade glad you enjoyed the wedding........were you happy with your outfit?

Mac.....hope you’re sleeping right now, another late one..........

Keisha........welcome home.........:wave2:

So, we have low, grey, miserable cloud today..........light misty rain which won’t be enough to water the very dry land we all have right now.........sprinklers have been in action as we don’t have a ban in our area yet........

Starting to clear a little now, but much cooler today...........

Got a friend coming around for some lunch today. Her law firm is quite close to us, so she asked if we were going to be in and she would be round for an hour or so.............having Turkey Brie and cranberry wraps with some coleslaw and salad......nice and simple and her favourite sandwich. Went to our village bakery after waxing and bought a coconut cake too, didn’t have time to bake anything myself........Diet is officially off till we get back!!!!

Weight goes back on so easily.........:sad:

But, have a great Monday.........:wave2:

I have my milestone 50th birthday coming up on Thursday

:bday: Hope you have a GRRReat day!!

I have to be at work at 9:00. I’m just so wide awake right now. I just ordered B’s senior pictures.

Charade- hope your work day goes fast- I know when you don't get a lot of sleep it's an extra long day!!

Off to work, too! Short work week- we leave on Thursday for Raleigh & the Outer Banks!!:cool1: With all the other traveling and moving, we were going to cancel this trip, but it was planned back in January and N Carolina and the Outer Banks are so special to us- so in the midst of all this chaos we're going! Kyle and Erin are going, too! Sadly, Troy can't join us! He never gets 2 days off in a row from DCP!
We desperately need a few days of sun & sand!:beach:

Happy Monday all!!

images

upload_2018-7-9_7-37-3.jpeg, yep, that start of the work week, that means another week is enfolding. So,
images

We lost power yesterday, for about 1/2 hour. Just long enough, you have to reset everything. I did reset our clock next to our bed, and set the times for the alarms. But, forgot to activate the alarms to turn the radio on. Ooops. At least our heads said, to wake up, so when looking at our watches, fast moving homies. Yep, it's Monday alright.

Charade, hope you had a good night sleep. Coffee is need for today, for sure.

Patty, have a fun trip. The Outer Banks are beautiful, and a perfect time to spend time there. Safe travels, the end of this week.

Schumi, hope you have a nice lunch. Menu sounds lush, and a summer type of meal. I don't bake as much in the summer. Our kitchen is in the middle of our house, so no one likes more heat in the house in summer. Cake sounds lush too.

Mac, hope you got some sleep too, those cats need food! Hope your coffee is hot.

Robo, I hope this finds you in good health. Sending mummy dust and good thoughts that you are not in pain any more, and feeling better. Goes to your DH too.

Tgrgrl, will be fun to see how many kittens arrive. We'd love to have one, but a family member's allergies to cat dander, means no cats in our house. I hope they find as good a home as the momma cat has.

MonyK, hope the chickens are enjoying a cooler morning. It's 64 at 7am, so while it's going to be around 80 this afternoon, that morning temperature is refreshing for sure. Another bright and sunny day.

Keisha, hope you got home safely. Welcome home. Bet GD is having fun this whole summer.

Wake up homies, it's a Monday. Rise and shine. Coffee and tea. Yep, drink up. Summer weather, so iced tea and iced coffee. LOL

Just waiting on DH to get out of shower so I can get dressed and straighten hair without humid shower going. Finish packing and off to airport for Chicago.
Met with pet sitter yesterday- really like her and she is used to chickens too-bonus there. Mine are used to being pampered. Cuddle chicken got inside again this am before I could get door shut. Wasn’t happy when I scooped her right back up to take her out. Dog doesn’t know we are leaving-used to be if suitcases out he’d get excited. Problem is suitcases don’t get put away now!

Yeah was nice here over weekend -lower humidity and not 100 degree heat index.
Food sounds good right now. I always seem to check in when Schumi is posting about some super yummy food...

Hope you have a quick and easy workday charade. No fun trying to concentrate when tired.

Happy travels patty! And I found your PTR for the fall!

Macs got the kitties-wish I could snuggle a kitty but I’m allergic -takes a lot of work to get desensitized again.

Alarm going off somewhere. Think the hubs set an alarm and forgot it...

We lost power yesterday, for about 1/2 hour. Just long enough, you have to reset everything. I did reset our clock next to our bed, and set the times for the alarms. But, forgot to activate the alarms to turn the radio on. Ooops. At least our heads said, to wake up, so when looking at our watches, fast moving homies. Yep, it's Monday alright.

I hate those power blips! Good that you woke up in time!! It's just another Manic Monday!! (I love that song!)

Finish packing and off to airport for Chicago

Safe travels!!

Met with pet sitter yesterday- really like her and she is used to chickens too-bonus there. Mine are used to being pampered. Cuddle chicken got inside again this am before I could get door shut. Wasn’t happy when I scooped her right back up to take her out. Dog doesn’t know we are leaving-used to be if suitcases out he’d get excited. Problem is suitcases don’t get put away now!

I'd love to be a pet sitter! It wouldn't be like work! I have trouble with administering meds, though!
Hope the dog and chicks behave for the sitter! A couple of my cats hide when the sitter (or anyone other than us) are there. I think they are offended we're gone!

Thanks!! and I appreciate your reading along!

Just waiting on DH to get out of shower so I can get dressed and straighten hair without humid shower going. Finish packing and off to airport for Chicago.

Yeah was nice here over weekend -lower humidity and not 100 degree heat index.
Food sounds good right now. I always seem to check in when Schumi is posting about some super yummy food...

Hope you have a quick and easy workday charade. No fun trying to concentrate when tired.

Macs got the kitties-wish I could snuggle a kitty but I’m allergic -takes a lot of work to get desensitized again.

Alarm going off somewhere. Think the hubs set an alarm and forgot it...

Have a great trip MonyK.........sounds like a lot of fun!!

I didn’t realise chicken were so cuddly till I saw your pictures!

Lunch went well.........she had stopped in at the same bakery.......yep, brought the same cake I had already bought this morning........great minds think alike..........but it’s always nice to catch up with her as she’s so busy.......

Quite full now. Did only eat one slice of cake.........told her to take the rest to hand out to her office staff.......would be a shame to waste it..........

Still dull here today.......but least it’s warmish...........

Is anyone else getting loads of surveys from Universal Orlando right now??

More than usual I mean........

Good morning :coffee:

Monyk...have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Hope mac got some rest last night .my daughter uses earplugs to drown out Trey and I when we stay at a hotel.

Coconut cake sounds so good Carole...can you tell I'm still on my diet? It's not going very well this time as I haven't lost like I usually do...may have to try something new.

Lynne...sorry about the alarm snafu...sounds like something I would do. I forgot to turn off my alarm this morning but I was awake so no harm was done.

Hi patty :wave2: I also saw your ptr ...good start :thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

Yep- that's exactly what I was thinking of when writing that! I love Tony the Tiger (and frosted flakes)!

We call them Frosties over here......my friends Granddaughter asked the staff in club lounge if they had Frosties once and they said no they didn’t serve ice cream or iced treats at breakfast..........confused a 6 year old who had never been to America before......lol.......

Good morning :coffee:

Monyk...have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Hope mac got some rest last night .my daughter uses earplugs to drown out Trey and I when we stay at a hotel.

Coconut cake sounds so good Carole...can you tell I'm still on my diet? It's not going very well this time as I haven't lost like I usually do...may have to try something new.

Lynne...sorry about the alarm snafu...sounds like something I would do. I forgot to turn off my alarm this morning but I was awake so no harm was done.

Have a great day everyone :flower1:

I hear you Vicki.........I’ve put on about 14lbs since last year.........it happens.

Been told we live too good a lifestyle.........:rolleyes1

It’s not easy though........I’ve given up now till after this trip.........then will work on it.........you’ll do fine I’m sure..........:hug:

Thanks!!

We call them Frosties over here......my friends Granddaughter asked the staff in club lounge if they had Frosties once and they said no they didn’t serve ice cream or iced treats at breakfast..........confused a 6 year old who had never been to America before......lol.......

:laughing: Yes- Wendy's has a dessert called Frosty - But I think a Frosty would make a fine breakfast! good source of calcium!

I hear you Vicki.........I’ve put on about 14lbs since last year.........it happens.

Been told we live too good a lifestyle.........:rolleyes1

It’s not easy though........I’ve given up now till after this trip.........then will work on it.........you’ll do fine I’m sure..........:hug:

I need help losing some pounds, too! Can we start a support group?? I say this as I'm eating a cookie with my lunch!

Ain't a Frostie upload_2018-7-9_12-47-30.jpega DQ item?

Beautiful lunchtime walk. Though almost hot. That's because the office AC decided to crank up even more. So cold, but at least my iced coffee isn't sweating.

Diet, I should be. Then after walk, brownies showed up in the break room. Gotta have a small piece, goes good with coffee, right?

Safe travels MonyK. Nice you found a pet sitter who likes chickens.

upload_2018-7-9_12-36-45.jpeg upload_2018-7-9_12-37-17.jpeg

Between some Canadian friends and English friends, I learned some fun words, and how some words mean different things. I do love English tea, and Timmy coffee.

Tink, glad you are enjoying your stay home vacation. Ball game overnight visit coming up later this week, I think you said. Just got tickets for my kids to go to the ball game, in a few weeks. Little one looked up if a promotion game. Yep, socks. Lucky them. Guess better than a bobble head.

Carry on, it's Monday, and sure feels like it.

I know the kids will come home starved, already thinking, maybe pasta, or grilled cheese. If the later, little one will nuke a frozen meal, or soup. Maybe an idea will hit me. The corn DH picked up and grilled last night was sweet and delicious. Should ask him to pick up more.

Lynne, teach your kids to cook

I started mine to make basic items such as French toast, burgers and then when they were 14, advanced them to make more complete meals

It won’t take long to when they will have dinner ready for the entire family and all you will have to do it come in from work and sit at the table

Yeah, Mac, I've taught both to cook. They just don't usually do it for all the family. Older one would do it more than little one though. And both are good cooks and bakers. Little one was using our gas oven, and DH was like what? That was when she was 8. Taught them the knobs, broiler versus oven, at 6. What I need to keep reminding them, is that the sink is used to wash what you used, not leaving the pots and pans to sit in there. Older one nukes snacks routinely.

In the summer, I actually get home before they do. So, quiet when I get home. Nice. Another perk of summer.

Looks yummy indeed, Patty. Our local DQ is looking for kids. I keep telling older one to put his name in there. Told him making ice cream stuff is cool. LOL

I need help losing some pounds, too! Can we start a support group?? I say this as I'm eating a cookie with my lunch!

I’ll join this group but do we get ice cream or something sweet after our support group club meetings ?

Seriously, I need to join this group

And Tony the Tiger would say

It’s Gggrrreeeeeaaaatt!
Hahaha!! I love Tony the Tiger too!

My friend from Devon & I met while we were living in Nashville in the early 90’s & the first time I babysat for her kids, the oldest asked me for some biscuits and crisps. I couldn’t understand why she wanted (american ) biscuits at 7 o’clock at night and though “crisps” were maybe French fries??? She had to physically show me what she wanted from the pantry.:teeth:

That DQ frozen thingy looks delish!! We never go to our local DQ because they only accept cash & who carries that around anymore!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter