Something About Nothing ... #12

Lynne - Hope you feel better soon. Maybe Universal planning will make you feel better?? nothing is lost if it doesn't.

Off to Portofino tomorrow for a weekend getaway! Can't actually do the parks with the kids until Sunday though due to their block-out dates. I think we'll hit up Sea World tomorrow for a few hours.

Last edited:
Welcome to smashville!

I Like it, I love it, I want some more of it!!!!

img_1925-gif.232452

I was doing that same dance last night...still feel like it this morning...styling in my Preds Jersey, at work (love a place that loves the local teams and allows you to celebrate them).

Thanks Kohlby. Sounds like a nice week-end get away.

Yeah, planning. Kids love Aquadica, don't like the Disney water parks, but want to check out VB. I hope it's a fun place, and really warm like it was last December visit. I am interested in the cabanas, I hope they are the lowest cost when we go. Thankfully, saw a military ticket that expires at the end of the year, so perfect for the kids. I guess Robo's right, AP burning a big hole in my pocket. We also like to end with Universal, as it feels closer to the airport.

Now off to check rental rates. Again. Hope to whittle down more. But at least set for 2, now looking, I'd better at least take a stab at number 3.

Ahh, nice that Jerseys are allowed Wags. We have dress down Friday, but no go on other than collared shirts.

Off to Portofino tomorrow for a weekend getaway! Can't actually do the parks with the kids until Sunday though due to their block-out dates. I think we'll hit up Sea World tomorrow for a few hours.

Have Fun!! I head out to San Diego on Sunday....so, happy travels to all you travelers.

Jr was here overnight, getting car inspected & I get a free lunch today, whee!

Have GD overnight again tomorrow, not invited to family wedding hmmph. Not even a fancy affair

Have a great weekend all, going to be rather cold/rainy here.

Aww laundry is as over rated as grocery shopping. Could be waiting patiently for little one to finish soccer practice. Waiting in the car for another hour. Phone is keeping me awake. So tired and not sure why, but headache from time I got home. Ate dinner and had soda, but still head throbbing. Drugs and bed when we finally get home.

Hope all have a lovely night.

Oh and we may have a change in holiday plans. Apparently, an ape and a late night host, and a Volcano are now calling my kids' names. Best laid plans and a bigger pocketbook.

How you going to keep them down on the farm? Lol i love the beaches in FL but always feel like I'm wasting daylight in the parks when
Oops.....

My back is turned so twist that knife one more time

Lol

When I lived in chgo was a big Blackhawk fan

Since home is now georgia I better start living the predators !

If you're going to the darkside, why not root for the existing champs:banana:

Let's go Pens

You know the youngest DS has been blues fan for a decade, enjoyed visiting town for the winter classic. Have to say i have soft spot in my heart for them, would love to see that game. IMO this video is one of the best out there. You have to scroll in about a minute for the actual video

Last edited:
I just come here for the daily memes :rotfl:
Rainy, colder here - UCK! Rest of week was sooooo nice. DH is on his third set of sensors for the lawn sprinklers-supposed to "sense" when ground wet and not turn on. Sprinklers ALWAYS turn on in rain (and we had major storm early am). Little does he know that when rain is predicted I just shut water off to sprinklers (forgot yesterday as he swore when he installed these that they would work this time-riiiggghht). Gonna be a soggy day volunteering at Rock n Ribs for sure.
You know the youngest DS has been blues fan for a decade, enjoyed visiting town for the winter classic. Have to say i have soft spot in my heart for them, would love to see that game.
We have several friends that went to Winter Classic! Lots of hockey fans here (STL baseball and hockey town, and rumor is trying for a MLS team)

At this rate DS soccer game will be rained out tomorrow (pictures are at 7:30 am!:scared1: obviously DH was gonna take him to those).

3 large cups of coffee later and still not motivated....
Happy Friday all!

Ah, soccer. They will play in the rain, and little one is playing on Sunday, which is to be a low 50 degrees, with rain. At least it is in the afternoon, and home field.

Hope DS gets in his pictures and games tomorrow MonyK.

th

And hey, you woke up, checked the DIS, had coffee, you're done for the day, right. LOL It is Friday, and for that, relaxing is good too, especially when it's raining and not so warm.

th

Thanks Kohlby. Sounds like a nice week-end get away.

Yeah, planning. Kids love Aquadica, don't like the Disney water parks, but want to check out VB. I hope it's a fun place, and really warm like it was last December visit. I am interested in the cabanas, I hope they are the lowest cost when we go. Thankfully, saw a military ticket that expires at the end of the year, so perfect for the kids. I guess Robo's right, AP burning a big hole in my pocket. We also like to end with Universal, as it feels closer to the airport.

Now off to check rental rates. Again. Hope to whittle down more. But at least set for 2, now looking, I'd better at least take a stab at number 3.

Ahh, nice that Jerseys are allowed Wags. We have dress down Friday, but no go on other than collared shirts.
I was told the water is not heated at VB. Just throwing that out there.

I just come here for the daily memes :rotfl:
Rainy, colder here - UCK! Rest of week was sooooo nice. DH is on his third set of sensors for the lawn sprinklers-supposed to "sense" when ground wet and not turn on. Sprinklers ALWAYS turn on in rain (and we had major storm early am). Little does he know that when rain is predicted I just shut water off to sprinklers (forgot yesterday as he swore when he installed these that they would work this time-riiiggghht). Gonna be a soggy day volunteering at Rock n Ribs for sure.

We have several friends that went to Winter Classic! Lots of hockey fans here (STL baseball and hockey town, and rumor is trying for a MLS team)

At this rate DS soccer game will be rained out tomorrow (pictures are at 7:30 am!:scared1: obviously DH was gonna take him to those).

3 large cups of coffee later and still not motivated....
Happy Friday all!
I have no idea wth is going on in a hockey game. I did have a great time going to a preds game though. Two of the worst soccer fields I've ever been to were when I played in Clearwater and our local fields where I currently live. Both field were built like New Orleans. Idiots!

I was told the water is not heated at VB. Just throwing that out there.

oh that may be a deterrent to me, but for sure little one will be in that cold water. Heck, we went to Aquadica, when it was 62 degrees. Let's just say we took as many towels from the hotel pool as we could carry and we had a great time. And since it should be open when we're there, can get cheap military 3 park tickets, so we'll have to check it out. I'll probably upgrade to a 3 park, so I'll check it out in October first. Oh, also, if that's true, I doubt they'd make much money if open in the winter.

oh that may be a deterrent to me, but for sure little one will be in that cold water. Heck, we went to Aquadica, when it was 62 degrees. Let's just say we took as many towels from the hotel pool as we could carry and we had a great time. And since it should be open when we're there, can get cheap military 3 park tickets, so we'll have to check it out. I'll probably upgrade to a 3 park, so I'll check it out in October first.
I didn't like the info I got yesterday. Not real happy with the pricing I was told. May be done for a while.

Sad to hear that PC. My AP expires in August, so I will renew and think about upgrading to 3 parks, but will stay preferred.

Is there anything better than Udon noodles:cloud9:. Why yes there is, a take container of leftovers

oh that may be a deterrent to me, but for sure little one will be in that cold water. Heck, we went to Aquadica, when it was 62 degrees. Let's just say we took as many towels from the hotel pool as we could carry and we had a great time. And since it should be open when we're there, can get cheap military 3 park tickets, so we'll have to check it out. I'll probably upgrade to a 3 park, so I'll check it out in October first. Oh, also, if that's true, I doubt they'd make much money if open in the winter.

If you can handle the DC dolphin water, you can do almost anything. Remember, we are hardy northerners! Lol. Get in our pool once water temp hits 68 degrees, others dip before me...they are :crazy:

Most MCO WP/resort pools heated nice & toasty for me, even in winter.

I didn't like the info I got yesterday. Not real happy with the pricing I was told. May be done for a while.

Uhoh, did i miss something? Did the price off regular APH non WP renewals go thru the roof?

Is there anything better than Udon noodles:cloud9:. Why yes there is, a take container of leftovers

If you can handle the DC dolphin water, you can do almost anything. Remember, we are hardy northerners! Lol. Get in our pool once water temp hits 68 degrees, others dip before me...they are :crazy:

Most MCO WP/resort pools heated nice & toasty for me, even in winter.

Uhoh, did i miss something? Did the price off regular APH non WP renewals go thru the roof?
We got in the pool Thursday. 82 degrees so ready to go. That's the plan today too. Not sure about the renewals. All the TMs I've talked to seem confused. Heading down the weekend of may 20 and I'll ask more questions.

Sad to hear that PC. My AP expires in August, so I will renew and think about upgrading to 3 parks, but will stay preferred.
That's one of the issues. They said to upgrade to 3 park constitutes a new pass, no renewal rate. The $99 add on for preferrred is a promo that ends May 25. I'd be looking at $450 x 5 plus taxes. That's a lot!

Just renew your 2 park preferred pass

Swim in your home pool or hotel pools

Wait to later to decide I if you want the 3 day park pass

We got in the pool Thursday. 82 degrees so ready to go. That's the plan today too. Not sure about the renewals. All the TMs I've talked to seem confused. Heading down the weekend of may 20 and I'll ask more questions.

Headed to Orlando that weekend, as well, but won't hit HRH or the parks until Tuesday the 23rd. We will be there during VB opening, but don't plan to visit this trip...but, hey, plans change, right?

Went into low 40's here last night, brrrr

The mr took a crack at the pool this week since we're supposed to have record breaking heat next weekend - near 90 degrees here & I've been poking him with a stick.

Mechanical issues. :headache:Thus far I've ordered 1 part off amazon, another once we find the # on it...looks like a Star Wars Clone Trooper blaster.:tilt:

We will just miss you in May! Catching plane back home @ 6 pm on the 20th.

I'm seeing $54 RT flights end of July thru October to MCO on Spirit. Tempting for a bonus trip, do believe the mr might make good on changing the lock on the front door if i ditch him again lol.

Those looking for flights might want to give them a gander. My experience, planes are new and they keep to schedule far better than Allegiant, yet only 1 per day out of our market could be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter