• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

I hope not too Mac. Power is out in their house. And little one was coming home in it. Called while driving to say she was scared. Told her to pull over, but she said there was several inches of water on the road and wanted to come home. Said she followed those going in the middle of the street to try to not go into any deep water, and waited out some before going up the river of water coming down the large hill. All quiet now.

Night homies, very sweet dreams to all!

Also I was in a car accident- Im ok and so is my car- it was a minor fender bender, but now I have to deal with getting my car fixed. Hopefully its quick and I told the woman who hit me that I dont think we need to go thru insurance. I just want it fixed- not looking to scam anyone.

Ck sorry to hear of your accident, but glad to hear you are ok. Hope you are able to get your car repaired without issue.

Here's our Oliver!paw::lovestruc

Cute kitty. Looks like Oliver could be related to Mac’s cat.

We had a rocket launch at 3:30 am today for the mission to the sun and man was it LOUD!! The house shook for a solid 5 minutes!! Kids slept right through it....grrrr..I am existing on lots of coffee today.

Watching rocket launches are cool. I was able to see a few down on blood river before the space program was
Halted.

Roll call Mac style:

Always like your roll calls Mac.

Also we are headed to Cedar Point in Ohio on Tuesday Morning. We are taking the 4 teens for 4 days. This will be the longest I have been with them. The other two best friends have never been on a vacation before. It is really sad. This is totally different for me. We have to get two rooms and wow is it costly. I have always gotten just one. They are so excited though that I am excited to share this with them. I have to pack for everyone due to limited space in my car. I have been doing it for two days now while they are here. I can't wait to see their faces with the park. It is a great park!

Bobbie68 you are a awesome Mom. Your daughter and her friends are lucky to have you.

Just act like you're practicing for HHN with the big hair 80's look!

Yep! I could have given a scareactor a run for their money for sure this morning.

Robo, I'll send you my hair lady. Oh is all she said, when, with layers, I look like I had my finger in a socket every day. She added, well, have to wait until it grows out.

LOL.....we can be the socket sisters.

Robbie- wear a hat

It hides all flaws

Yep, a hat is a nice option for oh help me hair.

though I`ll bet this is the day you meet lots of people who know you......look immaculate and you meet no one!!!!!

I finally did a rush job of straightening my hair a tad before I left.......did not want to look to bad taking granddaughter out to University this morning.

Thanks Mac. Yep, phone loudly buzzed Emergency Flood Warning notice about an hour ago. We are wet, for sure. Happily did not get rained on coming in, but most likely will be a wet return.

Hope your daughter is safely home by now Lynne

Mac, knock yourself out and get a a good night sleep, hopefully feeling better in the morning.

Thanks all, she did get home safely and I got a hug that usually is not given as much anymore.

Robo, glad to see you had fun with GD going out to the University.

I need to go to bed.

Hi everyone I just wanted to say a quick good night. I just finished packing and we have to be up at 5:30 to leave at 7:00 am. The 4 teens are hopefully going to sleep upstairs and I will be off to bed in a few.

Robo thank you for the kind words. There are times when I don't think I am making the right choices. I am looking forward to the trip just a lot of work. Charlie says cause of us we gave him a home. Guin says she can't wait because this trip is like a family one to her. She considers us her family. This is why I do this it makes me happy!

Lynne- Cedar point is awesome. We do love all the big coasters so it works for us. The park itself is very nice on Lake Erie. If you get a chance with the kids sometime go, but you have to stay on-site at the hotel breakers. I will be traveling 80 out there and it is about 10 hours for us.

Charde67- The brady bunch went to Kings Island. Great memory! I loved that show! I have heard band trips to Orlando are pretty good. We never made it ourselves.

Shumi- Sorry about your furniture I hope the next one is bigger and you are happier. Thank you for the travel wishes.

Mac - I hope you are feeling better soon and I am sure everyone appreciates your advice. I know I do.

Pattyw I will post pics when I get back! Even if you don't like the thrill rides it is a lovely place to vacation a couple of days. Thank you!

Hi to Keisha and Tink.

I will be off a computer for the rest of the week. My phone doesn't support the Dis very well. I will be back on Sunday to say hello and fill you guys in! I hope everyone has a great week and the weather improves for some of you!

Night Sans Family:goodvibes

Lynne, glad your daughter got home safe! Always scary when they’re out driving in any kind of bad weather especially with inexperience, bless her, sounds like she did ok though. You’ll have been glad to see her home.

Robo, I can only picture you looking immaculate and well turned out all the time!!! But glad you managed to fix the bad hair morning!!

Up again far too early.........just couldn’t get back to sleep once I woke up..........

Got some workmen coming this morning around 8.30 to lay the base for this new and very dull purchase of a large shed for all the gardening stuff........I can’t really care about a garden shed........we have one already for stuff......but this was “necessary” apparently..........so no doubt I’ll be on making tea duty this morning. Shed will be delivered next Wednesday I think.

Another dull breakfast morning later.......no bacon.

Safe travels Bobbie. That is a long drive, but all should be in excitement for what fun is ahead. Not as long a drive if we go some day.

Thankful, all neighbor had was a burn mark on the corner of his house, and got the power back in a few minutes. Chickens were fine too.

Was a foggy start to the morning. Lots of moisture on the ground and in the air. Another round of storms to hit this afternoon. Sound like a Florida summer weather report? Maybe not, a muggy 67 degrees greeted me as I opened the door. Usually, I hear birds and see a bunny or two each morning. This morning, a constant hum of insects, and that was it. No birds chirping, singing or flying around, no bunnies scaring the crap out of me, when hopping from under my car. Guess everyone was tired of the 4 inches of rain we got last night. And those around the river to our west, cresting with high tide will be close to flood stage. Some along the river had 6 inches of water in basements.

Lots of traffic out this morning. Guess everyone wanted to get out after a stormy night.

But it is Tuesday, so that means, upload_2018-8-14_6-41-51.jpeg. Yes, Taco Tuesday is upon us, and Mac better make that Taco Bell run. Hope you are feeling much better Mac, and happy Mr. Mac is home. Hopefully you are sound asleep, and Mr. Mac gets to give the cats their breakfast.

So,
images
, and have a great day.

Keisha, you fly the coop tomorrow, right? Extra sized long week-end, nice birthday gift.

Got a little behind here!! Busy day yesterday!!

Charade- Love that recipe! Will have to give it a try!:thumbsup2 Keep 'em coming!!

Lynne- Glad you made out ok with that bad weather- and that your neighbor's house has just minor damage. And the chickens are ok!:)

Schumi- Nice to provide tea for the workmen! Good to have more places to store stuff! ( at least husbands think so!):)

Robo- :bday: to your son!! :)

Mac- Hope you are feeling better!:flower3:
Bobbie- Safe travels! Can't wait to hear about all the rides at Cedar Point!!:cool1: Have fun!!

Keisha- Happy packing and safe travels!!:)

Dreary, drizzly day here! Feels like it's Monday again!! :eek:

18634e82e93e993780bc3e1aecef2488c337ea07fe0f3cbfb98f0f291c1136f8_1.jpg

Good morning all!

Lynne- Glad everyone is okay.

Robo - Happy Birthday to your son!

Bobbie- Have a great trip!

I realize I missed commenting on so many more but it's so much to keep up with after being away from the boards! Kid 1 and Kid 2 got home a couple days ago from an overnight camp. So adjusting to them getting caught up on sleep. Did Sea World's special summer night time shows on Sunday night. The Clyde and Seamore type one was hilarious. They made fun of their shows. Did the Deal or No Deal taping at Universal twice. That was a lot of fun. Public school kids went back to school yesterday here. That means my schedule just got busier since some of our activities take a break over the summer. But it also means the crowds at the theme parks should start decreasing if they haven't already. Sea World was low crowds but the rain may have had something to do with that. (I finally got to do the penguin ride there. It was a walk on. Normally it has over a 30 minute wait even on a low crowd days, which means we skip it. I'm glad I never waited that long for it).

Hope your boy has a wonderful birthday Robo……...they are such a blessing!!!

Workmen all gone...….and job done in time for the rain to come on...….looks good......for a base!!!! Not much to say about that...….cannot get excited about a shed regardless how large it is!!! Unless he puts a bar in it...…..then I`ll be interested :D

Now to wait for next week, when we have decorators in Tuesday till Friday and shed being built next Wednesday...…..will go through a lot of tea, coffee and cookies next week!!!

House busy Schumi. Sounds like a full time job. LOL

Morning Patty and Robo, hope the coffee is hot and plentyful. Gray still, but some very little peaks of blue sky. Waiting for the sun.

Kohlby, glad to hear all is well down your way, and kids back to school routine now in session. How was the new night time show? Deciding if we want to go to SW on the week-end we are there or not. Only time show will be playing, as other nights, close at 6. Hoping low crowds. May do just the night show Sat or Sun, then leave the other shows for another day. We bought APs, so no need to spend all day there. If around, next week, and week after, if want to say hi, I'll PM you my cell number.

Blessedly cool inside, jacket on from time door opened. Tea, please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter