Something About Nothing............ #14

Ooh, DH brought home water ice. Yeah, feel like melting so humid out. North and West of the City have the best chance of being losers and having thunderstorms.

Well it never rained so it's been gorgeous here. 86 and sunny right now. I just got home from the eye dr. and one of my dd's is bringing me Ethiopian food for dinner so I don't have to cook.

lol.....it would have a longer line than any ice cream van!!!!
Ummm, I wasn't planning on sharing with the neighborhood. :drinking1
except for that one guy...…he didn`t get in our way,
There's always that one guy. :rolleyes1
My family and I always tell each other... "don't be that guy".... or "don't be that family".
Surprisingly Costco carries a really good lobster ravioli that I try to keep on hand at all times. For my sauce I use their lobster bisque soup. I'm sure I'm breaking all kinds of rules there - but it is actually quite good and makes for an easy dinner here! I have meetings until 6p tonight so I needed something that will whip up in a hurry. Plus with rain you can't have anything too light, correct?
Sounds good to me. In fact... if you want to bring some over you're welcome to!
.poor guy when he comes up to Scotland with us....7 hours of 80`s!!!
I see nothing wrong with that. We've been playing the music trivia game on Alexa when cooking dinner and having a blast. Of course we pick the 80's!
Ooh, DH brought home water ice. Yeah, feel like melting so humid out.
Sounds good right now! Enoy!

But it doesn't mean we're virus free.
if we wait til virus free we would never open again. I worry about the countries that supposedly have no cases- what happens once they open their borders?
They also have fantastic wine slushies that you can bring home,
Sounds amazing! Our fave local restaurant/pub had a “float the keg” special after SIP started: grow,Er filled with choice of beer with entree order. They had to use up the beer or it would go bad.

0BA8B9BA-FE13-457C-91A5-86A7DBC6EA42.jpeg Done with work so pool time. And ice cream social time- those unlimited refillable bowls being used!
Will be lazier night tonight. Think storms to roll in later.
I’m not 100% certain, but I think the billing nightmare I have been working on for over a year is about to be resolved. I will start breathing again one we actually receive the claim check.
Yay! That will be a huge win!
Still no idea what will happen in September. I hate not knowing because we don't even know how to prepare.
Limbo is the worst place to be! Hope you get an answer soon. Seems most of the experts/scientists are thinking now kids are low risk for carriers or getting it. Plus I expect we will have some treatments by then which will also factor in.

Bacon made for lunch today for BLT’s. Brought the romaine from garden and bacon with us, tomatoes bought on the grocery shop- nice to know the area well enough to know where to go so not so crowded! And having Alysa with us who lived here for 8 months doing DCP helps too- Although she accused me of driving like a tourist yesterday:rotfl2:. Think leftovers from meals out yesterday and fill in with the happy hour type foods I brought with us.
We will be back in August for middle kid move in- decided to come for full week again but move to our beloved Cypress Harbor unless I can snag a 3 bedroom at Grande Vista. We are enjoying the resort stay so much! While we survived UO with masks it was a relatively “cool” day ie heat index below 100 and cloudy most of day. August is sweltering- don’t know if we’d even attempt if masks are required (although the trade off is empty park??).
Well it’s almost 5’oclock here so don’t have to worry about somewhere- time for a Tipsy Palmer!

@Monykalyn I forgot where you're staying this time?

if we wait til virus free we would never open again.
Very true. I have issue with the fact that the criteria they base us going to green is lessening cases compared to the prior two weeks. As a hotspot, our cases were way higher than other areas and we still probably have more active cases than other counties have had total, yet they're letting us open because we're going down compared to two weeks ago. Our county's last count was near 3,000 total whereas the county next to us was only 250-ish total another only 300-ish total. It's not a very consistent system to base going green on. I would still tell people to not come to my county just yet, or at least take extra precautions if they do.

Our fave local restaurant/pub had a “float the keg” special after SIP started: grow,Er filled with choice of beer with entree order. They had to use up the beer or it would go bad.
That sounds nice! We have a brewery near us that also has a fantastic BBQ menu.... we should definitely try it since they have the growlers too!

@Monykalyn I forgot where you're staying this time?

Very true. I have issue with the fact that the criteria they base us going to green is lessening cases compared to the prior two weeks. As a hotspot, our cases were way higher than other areas and we still probably have more active cases than other counties have had total, yet they're letting us open because we're going down compared to two weeks ago. Our county's last count was near 3,000 total whereas the county next to us was only 250-ish total another only 300-ish total. It's not a very consistent system to base going green on. I would still tell people to not come to my county just yet, or at least take extra precautions if they do.

That sounds nice! We have a brewery near us that also has a fantastic BBQ menu.... we should definitely try it since they have the growlers too!
We are at Marriott Harbor Lake.

I have arthritis in my knees, so I hope this will be a good low impact exercise for me

You will have to let me know how you like it. I'm in for a way to exercise that doesnt kill my knees.

can`t be pleasant having to do regular stuff around the home in that heat..

I try not to go outside when we have weather like we did this past weekend. Just need to remember to hide the chainsaw from Jeff. Have to laugh tho, after the tree was down my oldest went and got the axe and had me take a picture of him posing with the ax next to the stump, like he cut it down.

now only 4 days till Friday.

Woohoo - 2 days to go - sale day and then my short day.

Vicki, you should come in September.

I'm trying, prices are right. Just have to convince Jeff that is where we should spend our anniversary weekend.

Just when i thot i couldn’t love my man more.

Aww, those times are awesome.

nd he's home safe now

Great that he made it through safe and sound.

Hope the borders open soon.

I thought I heard that they lifted restrictions from like 30 something states and 5 countries including the UK. I'll have to go find that article.

We had a "cold" front come through which means back to the front yard this weekend. Hoping we can finish it off and be done until fall. Need to do some major landscaping, but we have to agree on what we are going to do first. We are so opposite. Have a great Thursday everyone!

Well it never rained so it's been gorgeous here. 86 and sunny right now. I just got home from the eye dr. and one of my dd's is bringing me Ethiopian food for dinner so I don't have to cook.

Ummm, I wasn't planning on sharing with the neighborhood. :drinking1

There's always that one guy. :rolleyes1
My family and I always tell each other... "don't be that guy".... or "don't be that family".

Sounds good to me. In fact... if you want to bring some over you're welcome to!

I see nothing wrong with that. We've been playing the music trivia game on Alexa when cooking dinner and having a blast. Of course we pick the 80's!

Sounds good right now! Enoy!

lol....I like your thinking!!! 🍷

I think by the time we got to Scotland last time he was ready for running a mile! Oh the 80`s are the best! It was so much fun...the colours, the music, the dancing.....the leg warmers ala Kids from Fame......:blush:

if we wait til virus free we would never open again. I worry about the countries that supposedly have no cases- what happens once they open their borders?

Sounds amazing! Our fave local restaurant/pub had a “float the keg” special after SIP started: grow,Er filled with choice of beer with entree order. They had to use up the beer or it would go bad.

View attachment 500216 Done with work so pool time. And ice cream social time- those unlimited refillable bowls being used!
Will be lazier night tonight. Think storms to roll in later.
Yay! That will be a huge win!
Limbo is the worst place to be! Hope you get an answer soon. Seems most of the experts/scientists are thinking now kids are low risk for carriers or getting it. Plus I expect we will have some treatments by then which will also factor in.

Bacon made for lunch today for BLT’s. Brought the romaine from garden and bacon with us, tomatoes bought on the grocery shop- nice to know the area well enough to know where to go so not so crowded! And having Alysa with us who lived here for 8 months doing DCP helps too- Although she accused me of driving like a tourist yesterday:rotfl2:. Think leftovers from meals out yesterday and fill in with the happy hour type foods I brought with us.
We will be back in August for middle kid move in- decided to come for full week again but move to our beloved Cypress Harbor unless I can snag a 3 bedroom at Grande Vista. We are enjoying the resort stay so much! While we survived UO with masks it was a relatively “cool” day ie heat index below 100 and cloudy most of day. August is sweltering- don’t know if we’d even attempt if masks are required (although the trade off is empty park??).
Well it’s almost 5’oclock here so don’t have to worry about somewhere- time for a Tipsy Palmer!

Beautiful picture Monyk…..I`ve enjoyed reading your updates on the other thread....sounds like a good trip!! And some lovely resort time is always nice.......

We had bacon for lunch yesterday too.....lush!!

You will have to let me know how you like it. I'm in for a way to exercise that doesnt kill my knees.

I try not to go outside when we have weather like we did this past weekend. Just need to remember to hide the chainsaw from Jeff. Have to laugh tho, after the tree was down my oldest went and got the axe and had me take a picture of him posing with the ax next to the stump, like he cut it down.

Woohoo - 2 days to go - sale day and then my short day.

I'm trying, prices are right. Just have to convince Jeff that is where we should spend our anniversary weekend.

Aww, those times are awesome.

Great that he made it through safe and sound.

I thought I heard that they lifted restrictions from like 30 something states and 5 countries including the UK. I'll have to go find that article.

We had a "cold" front come through which means back to the front yard this weekend. Hoping we can finish it off and be done until fall. Need to do some major landscaping, but we have to agree on what we are going to do first. We are so opposite. Have a great Thursday everyone!

Oh that would be interesting Vicki......nothing official announced over here yet.

Love the sound of the picture.....lol.....love kids with a sense of humour!! And hope you manage a trip in September, it would be lovely to say hello in real life.......

It is still raining here!!!

And no signs of letting up.....it`s just went off, but more on the way according to weather and looking at the clouds rolling in, it`s not far away.

Grocery pick up this morning, no butcher visit as we have plenty.....Tom will pop in tomorrow for some fresh bacon though as we like his smoked bacon.

I think tomorrow we are helping at the donations centre again. It`s almost stopped now, but he`s still doing it for the most vulnerable, and as some folks are back to work now, he`s asked us to help for an hour or so. No problem.

No idea for lunch or dinner yet......think we may just go to the fish and chip shop tonight......as a kid it was Thursday night tradition for some reason.......and Tom`s family were exactly the same.......so yep, fish and chips tonight. No cooking.

Time for second pot of tea though...….

fat5-S.jpg

Have an excellent Thursday..........

756B7572-CB3D-42FD-83F3-E99DE10089C7.jpeg

Why thank you Schumi, a most excellent Thursday to you too. Hehe, could not resist a T and B picture.

Ah yes, the wonderful day to throw back a drink and say hey,

3D63F35C-9E1B-4CD8-B751-4E49F0C0EBE1.gif

Yep, have a drink or two and stay dry, we too are going to have a rainy Thursday, as a low weather system is sneaking in and pushing our high weather system’s beautiful, hot sunny days goodbye . So goodbye temps in the 90’s, 80’s and even a 78 degree day in the 5 day forecast. But lest not forget, a stormy and warm enough Thursday is what we get today.

And like Vicki, we are working on our yard, and DH has a chain saw. Hehe, like the kid wanting that picture.

With that, my tea is still hot, but icing it may still happen, if I feel warm today. So far, my AC was heard cranking a few minutes ago, so yep, hot tea now.
0F795CF0-A732-40B1-A0C7-889B5E911359.jpeg

View attachment 500358

Why thank you Schumi, a most excellent Thursday to you too. Hehe, could not resist a T and B picture.

View attachment 500357

Yep, have a drink or two and stay dry, we too are going to have a rainy Thursday, as a low weather system is sneaking in and pushing our high weather system’s beautiful, hot sunny days goodbye . So goodbye temps in the 90’s, 80’s and even a 78 degree day in the 5 day forecast. But lest not forget, a stormy and warm enough Thursday is what we get today.

And like Vicki, we are working on our yard, and DH has a chain saw. Hehe, like the kid wanting that picture.

With that, my tea is still hot, but icing it may still happen, if I feel warm today. So far, my AC was heard cranking a few minutes ago, so yep, hot tea now.
View attachment 500356

Just seen the new Bill and Teds trailer the other day!

Cant remember the release date though......

Definitely will watch it....

Oh the 80`s are the best! It was so much fun...the colours, the music, the dancing.....the leg warmers ala Kids from Fame......:blush:
There's a young lady at my doctor's office, the receptionist, who has my 80's dream hair! It's long, permed and she has it teased about 4 -5 inches off the top of her head. I would've killed for that hair in 1984! It actually looks really cool for such a dated hairstyle and she has a whole 80's edgy vibe going on. Her clothes are more "normal" since it's a work environment, but she has really delicate and intricate tattoos on her wrists and fingers....almost like mandala. Yeah, she and I would've been friends in the 80's!
But lest not forget, a stormy and warm enough Thursday is what we get today.
Did you get the storms last night? We lost power this morning around 6-ish. It came back on around 7 so at least I got my coffee. But it stormed so hard it blew over 4 of my tomato plants. :( The yard is covered in leaves too.

Nope, McK, just an overly humid night. Just got a downpour a few minutes ago. From my phone radar, seems like we get wet around lunchtime, then just overcast. Still humid out.

View attachment 500358

View attachment 500357

View attachment 500356

lol....not really the biggest Bill and Ted fans here...but we did enjoy the HHN show....especially around 07/08. Last few years it was on wasn't our favourite shows....but still watched them.

Join the club with the weather!!! Hope yours improves soon and it`s not bad for too long.....enjoy that tea...we are sitting down to a pot of Darjeeling and no scones....just tea.

There's a young lady at my doctor's office, the receptionist, who has my 80's dream hair! It's long, permed and she has it teased about 4 -5 inches off the top of her head. I would've killed for that hair in 1984! It actually looks really cool for such a dated hairstyle and she has a whole 80's edgy vibe going on. Her clothes are more "normal" since it's a work environment, but she has really delicate and intricate tattoos on her wrists and fingers....almost like mandala. Yeah, she and I would've been friends in the 80's!

Did you get the storms last night? We lost power this morning around 6-ish. It came back on around 7 so at least I got my coffee. But it stormed so hard it blew over 4 of my tomato plants. :( The yard is covered in leaves too.

lol.....yep, I could be friends with someone like that too.....I had that 80`s perm too....and do you remember banana clips??? Maybe they were called something different in America...but basically pushed your already massive frizzy perm up on top of your head from either side....looked amazing!! They came in all different colours with it being the 80`s.....sparkly ones too......

Oh the colours are all coming back to me now.....dressing like Madonna....I was skinny then......it was just fun. We have, or used to have before this virus some of our nights would be 80`s themed. One of our friends planned a RHPS night in May when we were supposed to be away....of course it was cancelled too! We have a lot of making up to do when this is all over!

fun9-L.jpg

Yes, bumped into no one yesterday when I looked normal. Today decided to not straighten hair.

When we went to pick up our click and collect groceries, there was no one going in the store, so we popped in first to pick up some extra bits we fancied......yep, ran into 5 people we knew.....and we did look wild as it was blowing a gale.

All the same lovely to see everyone......it felt nice to be chatting to folks again and feel kind of normal.

We have been thinking if things get more back to normal and we can have folks around in the next month or so, we may organise a July 4th get together at our home. Everyone is up for it and some are downright desperate......lol.....so if it`s allowed, we`ll do it.......

And.......I`m going to make sure I fake take everyone`s temperature coming in with the electronic no touch thermometer :rotfl:......I take no credit.....macraven had the idea so I credit her with it.....it`ll bring a smile or two anyway!!!

Just hope it can happen!!!

Today is cold, wet and windy. 52F right now and the rain is chucking down......and to get heavier later......the joys of living in the UK. Although just looked at the harbour cam where my mum lives, and they have gorgeous weather up there.....wish we were allowed to travel up!!!

Time for tea......

Ah I am so happy to have a fellow tea drinker, Schumi. Hope your weather improves too. Nice you got to go out for grocery items.

Kids are asking for Chinese for lunch. Um, I am all for it. Not quite lunchtime yet, ao thinking what to go with my tea. Hmm.

and do you remember banana clips???
Do you mean these? Yes, I had them!
We have a lot of making up to do when this is all over!
It sounds like fun! I hope you get to do it soon.
Yes, bumped into no one yesterday when I looked normal. Today decided to not straighten hair.
Story of my life.....
And.......I`m going to make sure I fake take everyone`s temperature coming in with the electronic no touch thermometer :rotfl:......I take no credit.....macraven had the idea so I credit her with it.....it`ll bring a smile or two anyway!!
That's hysterical! I may have to borrow that idea.

View attachment 500394

It sounds like fun! I hope you get to do it soon.

Story of my life.....

That's hysterical! I may have to borrow that idea.

That`s them!!! Oh I miss them....and sometimes, just a little....my 80`s permed hair!!! Although it kind of resembled it today with the wind...….:eek:

Oh I take no credit for the thermometer Idea.....mac and I were chatting and she came up with it......but I will do it.....lol.....yes, you should definitely share that one.....

Yes, eternally hoping we can do it....if not July, maybe August...we have Tom`s birthday then, so there`s an excuse....although we never need an excuse for a get together!!!

Yes, bumped into no one yesterday when I looked normal.

Yes that is the worst! Usually the worse I look the longer it has been since I've seen the person too. You can almost see them thinking....wow...that escalated quickly. LOL

Sunny, breezy, and mid 70s here today. It is absolutely gorgeous. Went for a 4 mile walk this morning to start getting my Disney legs back! I forgot how much I used to use theme parks as my exercise. Even though its only been a few months it feels like years.

Happy Thursday peeps!

Hey all, it’s been a busy week thus far. Real feel temp over 100 degrees here yesterday. Late afternoon yesterday front started to come thru, it zigged away from us coming up the mountain. Was a real treat to see a double (lucky!) rainbow off in the distance while floating in the pool.

Oral surgeon found a “phantom root” and multiple bone fragments in my gum where tooth was extracted mid March. Hadn’t healed and family dentist told me I had to have the surgeon revisit it.

Apparently, it disintegrated into many pieces and some were left behind. Crap. Same drill (pun intended), need to get knocked out, yadda yadda. Really didn’t want to go thru that again.

Little one fell while playing mini golf last week with us, down between cement patch and a rusty chain link fence. Got a big gash on her leg that she laughed off. When I took a look at it five days later knew it was quite infected ewwww. Said it didn’t hurt a bit. Thank God for telemedicine. Sent a few pics and RX called in within 10 minutes but glad she had current tetanus shot!

when someone shows you who they are.....believe them.
Ah, kids wanted spicy and not so spicy chicken nuggets, so that is what I cooked. DH wanted chili, so made a small pot of it from the left over burger meat I had saved for making meatballs. Added quite a bit of hot sauce, as he likes it hot. Added a seeded hot pepper too. A salad and easy dinner for me. Thinking baked potato bar for dinner tomorrow. Meatless, though I will chop up some cooked bacon as one of the bar choices.
That all sounds very yummy :). Did a SAMs run and saw they had the frozen bag of chicken nuggets they sell in their snack bar in the freezer case. Lil loves them, they have a faint pickle flavor. I’ll call it an acquired taste I’m still developing lol

But drywall stuff tracked thru kitchen. So husband vacuumed up but I still wasn’t happy so I mopped. Mr says put mop away and leave it, they’ll be back tomorrow. What’s wrong with me? Ugh. I just couldn’t and so mopped. I hope I don’t hear from my back tonight after anti inflammatory wears of
Dry wall sanding is such a mess, did they put up plastic
Lynne good idea about taking extra masks into the park.
Yes, a damp mask isn’t going to help anybody out
Keisha no fair! I want raft time too! My dentist appt is tomorrow, ugh. Have cavity that needs filling. Yuck.
Good luck, i’ll Be seeing my reg dentist monday. Assume he’ll rebond my 2 un-root canal’d molars instead of working on replacing the bridge. Oral surgeon said he’ll just need to pop it back off to do the surgery.
Are they easier to breathe through? One of our therapists gave me one to try, but I have not used it yet.
They really are but I’d suggest the ones with the metal nose piece to adjust them. Really not supposed to be worn more than once but taking cue from health care worker, sanitize mine with Lysol spray, hang them up to dry & use again. Most tend to have the elastic pull out with regular use over a few days.

Still no idea what will happen in September. I hate not knowing because we don't even know how to prepare.
They have committees in place here (school staff & members of the community) working on guidelines that will cover education down to sports. One large, rural nearby district already called in-school education for at least the 1st 2 semesters starting in September. That didn’t go over well with the parents.

Another large district in an economically disadvantaged area has done the same but has indicated
think I'm going to make some lobster ravioli for dinner tonight.
Seriously, I’ve only had that fancy dish on a cruise ship What a treat!
Now I adore lobster ravioli.…..that sounds beautiful!!!! Do you make your own? I tried once to make ravioli years ago and failed miserably.....lol....it burst in the water....every one of them! Never tried them again. But, delicious dish.
Same, but my middle DS is a pro at making it. Guess it skipped a generation.
For my sauce I use their lobster bisque soup. I'm sure I'm breaking all kinds of rules there - but it is actually quite good and makes for an easy dinner here!
Never thot of that, smart. again, SAMs sells a good version. May have to look for it.
Breaking rules is always allowed if it works, and it sounds like it`ll be lovely......yes, perfect dish for a rainy evening.....lol....
If we all toed the line, we’d still be living in caves & drawing on the walls
I try not to go outside when we have weather like we did this past weekend. Just need to remember to hide the chainsaw from Jeff.
Seriously, not sure why, but that last line has me ROTF
I found one in a bathroom drawer when rooting for a new toothbrush. They still sell them in the dollar stores here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter