Something About Nothing............ #14

Hot here today.... going on 86 but very humid.

Not a lot going on really, just household chores and painting the front door. I need to get into the garden because we're overloaded with cukes and they have to be picked. I tried a new recipe, cucumber kimchi, and it smells really good so far. I love regular kimchi so I thought I would try it. Cucumber and zucchini just explode in the summer and we're always looking for new things to do with them.

I missed this yesterday! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm very allergic too, and sometimes get it. No fun. I have a product called Tecnu that's a scrub you wash with after gardening or exposure to clean off the oils. It helps a lot so you don't get it, and also if you do get it, it helps dry it up quicker. I got it at Walmart.

A chihuahua and a pomeranian mix. Two littles.

Sorry to hear that. Is DS ok now?
My family member who works in the nursing home is getting tested every other week now. They test residents also. Our county cases are going up from only about 6-7 a few days ago to 27 yesterday.

LOL! I like the dill pickle ones... but I also like Salt and Vinegar too.

Finished the Mandrake and made two book covers too. He looks more grey toned on my pictures, but he is a warmer brown. He does have a whole body inside the pot too, not just the torso. I might add more leaves at the top, not sure yet..... I'm not the best at sculpting faces, but I just kept thinking "ugly-potato-baby-looking-thing with roots... lol!
View attachment 513516View attachment 513532
This is amazing!!!! Wow:cheer2:
Jump00
Brenda

I’m passing the baton to Lynne and hope she has the hottest day this Monday
I like to take turns...

Yep, we get some very hot days in the summer. By the end of the week, Mac can have that hottest day. Tomorrow, we get Southern weather. 96 will be the high, and that ever happy chances of thunderstorms. Perfect for a Tuesday, after having this very hot Monday.

Hope the cats have been fed, and you are relaxing Mac.

Cats ate at 6:20
Now they are napping

Same routine each morning

I usually start my mornings watching the weather channel
after I feed the cats.

Have you seen any room rates for rp drop yet for your stay?

I read some posts last nighta of peeps stating their rp dates had a price drop.
Mine haven’t, still holding at my original booking date

Yes, Mac. A few weeks ago, I got an AP rate for RPR that was about 90 dollars cheaper than the SMSM rate I had from over a year ago. But what DisneyLife did get me was to look at my AP rate I had, that I changed to from my whatever they call it good rate I first had booked months ago for SF, and happily changed again, as the AP rate went down from what I had, another 50 dollars or so, so switched to that lower rate. Did it by phone, and they were so nice to make the changes I just did to SF. They did check, and said no lower rate than already got on RPR. So, I guess keep checking, maybe you will see a better rate then you already have, Mac. I think I did see AP rates for your time. I do like that they are very helpful in getting you a better rate, if it applies.

And I will be looking around corners, the day you arrive, as Boo to You Keisha might be lurking around, as she checks in that day too. LoL Will be very nice to say hello to you both this end of September.

Morning all, still watching my refrigerator with one eye open. DH’s been tinkering with it to try to get it to back into proper cool zone. All the likely suspects checked. Pretty sure we have the world’s cleanest coils at this point lol

Instead of burgers, meatballs, and too hot to have pasta and red sauce, so just added fresh vegetables once the meat was mostly cooked.
If i could get away with it, would have italian or chines food every day with the random steak. Jonesing for our tomatoes to ripen to be able to make fresh, uncooked sauce
B was washing dishes tonight and dropped a glass. I don't know why, but she tends to over react when there is an accident. She started to panic and was saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" over and over. I went into safety mode and told her to carefully leave the kitchen since she didn't have any shoes on. Dh and I quickly got the glass cleaned up and she had calmed down by then.
Aw, glad to hear it resolved. You know your daughter best.

will proffer, in these stressful times, even those not prone to being upset over a ‘glass of spilled milk’, can easily find themselves projecting/having mini melt downs.
Hoping high school can use that memory to give him the passion on a subject he can enjoy. He has been keen on the planets during lockdown.
Is he a number guy? May want to explore statistics or forensic accounting
Have you seen The Conjuring? I really, really liked that movie. There`s one scene in it in particular that really freaked me out.....quite an innocent thing, but Tom does it often now as it always makes me glower at him......lol......
I’m sure i have but drawing a blank for some reason, need to google.
We have rain this morning......lots of rain. And it`s forecast all day, so no barbecue tonight. I`ve been asked to do sausages and mashed potato tonight, so that`s dinner sorted. Honey bbq sausages from our local butcher, they are delicious.
Sounds awful...not the food, the weather
Last of the blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning.
Have you ever had blueberry muffins hang around long enough to point where the fruit almost takes on a bit of a kick/alcoholic bent?

Very rarely my mom would make some sort of drop cookie where she soaked raisins in a bit of rum.
I’m passing the baton to Lynne and hope she has the hottest day this Monday
I like to take turns...
spoken like a champ lol
And I will be looking around corners, the day you arrive, as Boo to You Keisha might be lurking around, as she checks in that day too. LoL Will be very nice to say hello to you both this end of September.
”something wicked this way comes” :) brought to you by today’s earworm: the boo to you parade song

@keishashadow “Is he a number guy? May want to explore statistics or forensic accounting”
Dates and times - not so much the maths - autistic spectrum. Hey forensic accounting would be useful - looking to use one to go through last few years of ex son in law’s banks and business - about £90,000 “missing”.

Torrential rain here and windy too. Others are playing Trivial Pursuit - I’m catching up on my magazine reading - 3 here still unopened.

Leftovers defrosting for later - trying to run the freezer down and re-stock with fresh.

Oh yeah, Keisha, always had to laugh at the hyenas with the shovels. That parade is one of my favorite.

Will send the ark to Real. Yeah, we don’t put much leftovers In our freezer. If no one eats the leftovers in a couple of days hanging out in the frig, mostly it’s DH that gets to it first, I toss it. I am not always fond of leftovers. But I hear ya, by the weekends, I try to use up as much as I can, before we restock.

Ah, had boring cereal, for breakfast and ooh, it’s getting hot out there. Very bright and oh so sunny. And yay, kids both are now up. Yeah, older one had some eggs for breakfast, little one will mostly find a zap a meal or soup. No breakfast food for her.

:wave2: homies. Hope this finds all safe, healthy, and having at least one reason to smile.

Morning all, still watching my refrigerator with one eye open. DH’s been tinkering with it to try to get it to back into proper cool zone. All the likely suspects checked. Pretty sure we have the world’s cleanest coils at this point lol

If i could get away with it, would have italian or chines food every day with the random steak. Jonesing for our tomatoes to ripen to be able to make fresh, uncooked sauce

Aw, glad to hear it resolved. You know your daughter best.

will proffer, in these stressful times, even those not prone to being upset over a ‘glass of spilled milk’, can easily find themselves projecting/having mini melt downs.

Is he a number guy? May want to explore statistics or forensic accounting

I’m sure i have but drawing a blank for some reason, need to google.

Sounds awful...not the food, the weather

Have you ever had blueberry muffins hang around long enough to point where the fruit almost takes on a bit of a kick/alcoholic bent?

Very rarely my mom would make some sort of drop cookie where she soaked raisins in a bit of rum.

spoken like a champ lol

”something wicked this way comes” :) brought to you by today’s earworm: the boo to you parade song

Oh good luck with the fridge freezer!!!

THE Conjuring is Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga who play Lorraine and Ed Warren the paranormal investigators......really good film!!

Yes, funny you should say that about the blueberry muffins.....Tom said they had a gin like quality this morning.....eyed me suspiciously as if I had soaked them in gin......he should know better as I detest alcohol in cakes/desserts of any kind......but I know what you mean.

Off for my morning walk and it’s already 85 degrees (10:50 am). Loving this warm weather..........closest thing “to Florida“ this year:beach:

That sounds beautiful!!!! Enjoy that walk........

Yep, we had sunshine for around 20 minutes this afternoon......now we have more torrential rain.....doesn`t look to be going off anytime soon. No walks today for us....

Still wading through old trip reports to replace the Photobucket ones.....up to around half way through 2015 now.......takes me right back......

Weirdly the sun has just come out, but still pouring down......sky is black as the ace of spades over the sea and sunny behind us......odd.

Lynne will file that toasty walk under FL conditioning regimen. Going to clean out the refrigerator under the assumption less stuff in it should help it run a mite cooler. Garbage pickup not until friday though, the makings of a nasty Petri dish sitting outside that long. Ew what a job they have.

Hey forensic accounting would be useful - looking to use one to go through last few years of ex son in law’s banks and business - about £90,000 “missing”.
o_O :magnify: Ps she’s better off without him!
THE Conjuring is Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga who play Lorraine and Ed Warren the paranormal investigators......really good film!!
It hit me finally, i even liked Annabelle lol. So many great jump scares in that series. I challenge any one to not flinch during the basement scene

Good morning SANS fam!

Well color me excited - I will be heading to Disney and Universal in two weeks! My friend and I were supposed to be at Disneyland right now, but with no opening in sight out there we decided to book WDW and UOR instead! I'm so thrilled to be heading "home" to Florida! We are both in fortunate situations that we live in states that do not require quarantine with travel, and we both work from home and only have hubbies to worry about so it takes a lot of the stress with traveling out of the equation.

It will be nice to hit the parks before my Sept trip. My SIL had to change dates so we are still deciding on that one - will likely be at the end of Sept so I will also need to watch out for @keishashadow jumping out of corners. I'm a huge scaredy cat so it will be fun for her to see me jump higher than humanly possibly and give a nice big yelp. :)

Time to make some new tanks for the parks! I think I will make a Baby Yoda one, a good ol' classic mickey, and then for Universal I'm thinking of doing a Dumbledore quote. I still love when he said a few words before the feast: Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak. So I'm thinking that could be a fun shirt. Not sure if a lot of people will get it but it will make me chuckle when I look in the mirror so what the heck, right?

Looks like everyone has some very different weather today! Will be perfect in my neck of the woods - 81 and sunny. Went for a run this morning and it was still cloudy so that helped keep me going a little.

Sweet corn is finally ready around here! So dinner will be pork chops and corn on the cob. Nothing fancy but a few ears of sweet corn slathered in butter will be perfection I'm thinking.

Hello to Mac, Keisha, Lynne, Schumi, Disneylife, Jump00, realfood, monyk, mcrose, charade, and everyone else out there that I know I'm forgetting. :wave2:

Time to get some Iced coffee. Happy Monday all!

Good morning SANS fam!

Well color me excited - I will be heading to Disney and Universal in two weeks! My friend and I were supposed to be at Disneyland right now, but with no opening in sight out there we decided to book WDW and UOR instead! I'm so thrilled to be heading "home" to Florida! We are both in fortunate situations that we live in states that do not require quarantine with travel, and we both work from home and only have hubbies to worry about so it takes a lot of the stress with traveling out of the equation.

It will be nice to hit the parks before my Sept trip. My SIL had to change dates so we are still deciding on that one - will likely be at the end of Sept so I will also need to watch out for @keishashadow jumping out of corners. I'm a huge scaredy cat so it will be fun for her to see me jump higher than humanly possibly and give a nice big yelp. :)

Time to make some new tanks for the parks! I think I will make a Baby Yoda one, a good ol' classic mickey, and then for Universal I'm thinking of doing a Dumbledore quote. I still love when he said a few words before the feast: Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak. So I'm thinking that could be a fun shirt. Not sure if a lot of people will get it but it will make me chuckle when I look in the mirror so what the heck, right?

Looks like everyone has some very different weather today! Will be perfect in my neck of the woods - 81 and sunny. Went for a run this morning and it was still cloudy so that helped keep me going a little.

Sweet corn is finally ready around here! So dinner will be pork chops and corn on the cob. Nothing fancy but a few ears of sweet corn slathered in butter will be perfection I'm thinking.

Hello to Mac, Keisha, Lynne, Schumi, Disneylife, Jump00, realfood, monyk, mcrose, charade, and everyone else out there that I know I'm forgetting. :wave2:

View attachment 513858

:wave:Hello!!!!!

@Lynne G Thanks for the Ark Lynne - will keep it on standby!

6B3AE5DE-D38C-4EA6-BE24-0FB5A03C5655.jpeg

Glad to say this evening blue sky and sunshine we just had a quick walk across the fields with the dog - he’s absolutely saturated on return from the long grass but nice to get the fresh air

Mostly a coffee drinker here but thirsty now so off to make lemon tea before we decide on tv tonight.

Good morning SANS fam!

View attachment 513858

Fabulous news!!!!!

Always good to have an extra trip squeezed in there somewhere......exciting for you, and dinner sounds good!!

Pork chops are always a popular choice in this house.......

Rain stopped but still blowing a hoolie out there.........windows all open a little as it`s warm but breezy......

Dinner just finished.....was a little later as Kyle had a meeting that went on a little longer than planned.......we were ready to eat by the time he came downstairs.

I write some real hand written letters to a few older relatives a few times a year. The art of letter writing seems to be disappearing sadly........so, I will write a couple tonight and get them posted off tomorrow. Not that I have much to write to be honoest, but they do appreciate them. No emails for them.

Time for a pot of tea first........

Been busy since the time I got up this morning.
Now I am reading back in the thread to what I have missed today.

Not a bad summer day for me.
High will only hit 90 and rest of the week rain will bring temps down to high 80’s

I call that progress

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter