Something About Nothing............ #14

Having a mostly lazy Sunday afternoon. I've washed a load of laundry and reorganized my linen closet, but that is all. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow, but that will depend on how much snow we get.

And yet there will still be people who somehow missed the news.

I haven't done that yet. I am afraid to find out.

We had lots of rain and wind last night. It is supposed to get up to 63 today, but only 40 tomorrow. I guess we can't avoid winter forever.

That's more than I do. I want to put something on my mantle (not necessarily Valentine related) but I don't know what.

I need to do my hair today too. No fun colors though, just my ordinary dark brown.

I never read the books, but enjoyed the movies.

Today we have been taking ADRs for Disney. I am a little over a week away from being able to make reservations. Now if the price of flights would just go down...

It was a shock with the scales Charade.....but had to be done!

Hope you`re happy with the hair after you do it, I`m the same with LOTR, I enjoyed the movies, but couldn`t get through the books and I did try.

Good luck with your reservations, hope you get what you want and hope you`re doing better today with everything that`s gone on.

TV not on yet, I`m sure we`ll find something later.......

Cooler tonight but still not cold.

Last edited:
Just rewarded myself with spinach/artichoke dip & a Bloody Mary. So much on the between football, hockey & dog show this afternoon. Crossed off first boba fett episode (loved) & dr who Xmas (meh)

at least majority of indoor decorations done. Always seems I’m finding random things for a week throughout the house. Haven’t touched the year round holiday tree.

I’m sure it’s a thing but, dawned on me to try egg cartoons to hold the more fragile mini ornaments. Now, just need to eat some eggs to ck that theory

Today we have been taking ADRs for Disney. I am a little over a week away from being able to make reservations. Now if the price of flights would just go down...
U have ur ADR wish list in place yet?

Good luck on flights. I missed the SWA release date for 4th of July trip. No big loss, rates currently $60 to $100 more each way/pp than I’m willing to fork over.

Going to try new tactic & let the dust settle a bit, still have 6 months for that one.

Good luck on flights. I missed the SWA release date for 4th of July trip. No big loss, rates currently $60 to $100 more each way/pp than I’m willing to fork over.
We have picked out where we would like to eat. I can’t make any reservations until 1/12. Guess I’ll be getting up early that day.

I downloaded an app called Hopper that claims to accurately predict flight prices within 95%. It says my flight should come down significantly before 2/25. I hope it is correct. We only have 1 airline that flies out of my city. There are a couple more that fly out of Roanoke, but SW isn’t one of them. I will gladly drive the hour to Roanoke to save a significant amount on the flight.

hey all! Just done having a leisurely & semi healthy brunch I.e. no leftover Holiday cookies Baby steps

will take a stab at divesting tree of its ornaments whilst the mr belatedly pressure washes a couple sets of deck steps that have gotten too slick Have to rectify before ice hits/can still turn on the outdoor faucet

His big gas one we have has needed dropped at shop for repairs for over a year. Still sitting in shed. Santa brought a smaller snow joe one hehe. Will pass it on to one of the kids away if the other is back up to speed

Love LOTR. Just couldn’t get thru that movie re the author

So true re champagne Whenever I see the word in print, always think of old bugs bunny bit where he pronounces it Cham-pag-ne lol

Yes, day & out. I could eat roast Turkey or chicken every week.

I laugh when someone, usually a younger man, makes a dish he cribbed off food network & suddenly fancies himself a gourmet chef

Make sure they don’t pack a cat. They tend to love suitcases

Oh, I’ve not had that nerve yet

The one & only as far as I know. Certainly unique tradition

That’s what we called a heat wave 2days ago! Enjoy

U give new meaning to the term ‘blue hair’ lol.

do u have to strip ur natural color first?
I have to go platinum blonde/almost white first. I am naturally dark blond. The funky hair dyes don’t work well except on very light hair. Luckily, I have someone who does the bleaching. It’s really hard to get the roots well, especially in the back. Plus, short hair is strangely more difficult to bleach. It ends up looking like Bozo the Clown :crazy:

Just rewarded myself with spinach/artichoke dip & a Bloody Mary. So much on the between football, hockey & dog show this afternoon. Crossed off first boba fett episode (loved) & dr who Xmas (meh)

at least majority of indoor decorations done. Always seems I’m finding random things for a week throughout the house. Haven’t touched the year round holiday tree.

I’m sure it’s a thing but, dawned on me to try egg cartoons to hold the more fragile mini ornaments. Now, just need to eat some eggs to ck that theory

Going to try new tactic & let the dust settle a bit, still have 6 months for that one.

Tom didn`t even watch Dr Who, actually hasn`t really since giving the first few episodes with her a try, and no, didn`t work for him at all. Apparently she is going to be replaced by another woman (big mistake) and no doubt will have all the political correctness as seems to be the agenda of the BBC. Shame really, seems everything has to have a message or agenda......just give us a good old fashioned story and entertain us not preach as so many shows do now.
(off soap box now lol)

And I need to go Google who Boba Fett is?

And a Bank Holiday Monday here again.........many still have today off including Kyle, but he has plans for most of the day.

Getting chillier here and still incredibly breezy, but sun is shining which is nice.

Had the turkey carcass simmering for hours for some turkey noodle soup, will freeze the stock we don`t use for another time.....much better than store bought stock many use for soup. The smell has brought us to sit in the kitchen.....me at the table on one side and Tom is along one of the sofas by the windows watching some DVD or other on the telly..........floor to ceiling bi-fold doors, so he is again, curled up like a cosy cat enjoying that sunshine streaming in. I think he may be snoozing, but he denies it of course......lol......

Not much to do today at all, will potter around and do a few little things that need doing, sorting our drawers in the bedroom for one......I hate drawers untidy.

i-SWdrNP8-S.jpg

z33%20%282%29-S.png

:rotfl:

Happy Monday​

Ugh, it’s certainly a Monday. And oh so cold. No jacket yesterday, will have one today, including gloves and a hat if I do my lunchtime walk. Older one has to work, so got him duck boots. I hope they fit. Bought them the other day, and he’s yet to try them on. I guess when he gets up and getting ready, he’s going to see if they fit. I’m hoping I’m just perfectly North enough of the snow, we get nothing ir maybe just a dusting. But probably not, as weather guy said where I am will get around 2 inches. Should not complain though. It’s a coastal storm, as shore areas getting 6-10 inches of snow, with 30 to 40 mph winds. Whiteouts anyone? Right now, it’s at freezing and we are indeed having snow showers as I look out the window. Oh well, first snow we’ve seen since last year.

Happy Monday to you Schumi. Nice it’s a bank holiday. Wish it was so here.

But as this new year’s first week, I’m up that very early hour. House does feel a bit cool, so that hot shower felt good. Have a throw ready to toss over me, if I feel cool enough to want it. And of course, already have tea. And thinking oatmeal maybe or toast.

Eek, that is a lot of work to get your blue hair color, Son. Looks great on you though.

Charade, hope not much snow for you too, and good lunch with cheapest flights and getting the ADR’s you want.

Marvelous Monday homies! A chilly feeling weather homie wishing you happiness and a healthy new year. And yay, Keisha starting that off right with a tasty dip and drink.

We have snow. DH and I were supposed to go back to work today. That's not happening. I guess I will do more laundry and maybe start taking Christmas decorations down.

Tom didn`t even watch Dr Who, actually hasn`t really since giving the first few episodes with her a try, and no, didn`t work for him at all. Apparently she is going to be replaced by another woman (big mistake) and no doubt will have all the political correctness as seems to be the agenda of the BBC. Shame really, seems everything has to have a message or agenda......just give us a good old fashioned story and entertain us not preach as so many shows do now.
(off soap box now lol)
I tried to be open minded and give Jodie a chance, but I just don't like her as the Doctor. I am not happy to hear she may be replaced by another woman. I really miss David Tenant. Last night I happened to find Around the World in 80 days with David Tenant, so I watched the first episode even though it started at midnight.

Ugh, it’s certainly a Monday. And oh so cold. No jacket yesterday, will have one today, including gloves and a hat if I do my lunchtime walk. Older one has to work, so got him duck boots. I hope they fit. Bought them the other day, and he’s yet to try them on. I guess when he gets up and getting ready, he’s going to see if they fit. I’m hoping I’m just perfectly North enough of the snow, we get nothing ir maybe just a dusting. But probably not, as weather guy said where I am will get around 2 inches. Should not complain though. It’s a coastal storm, as shore areas getting 6-10 inches of snow, with 30 to 40 mph winds. Whiteouts anyone? Right now, it’s at freezing and we are indeed having snow showers as I look out the window. Oh well, first snow we’ve seen since last year.
It is literally freezing here right now. It is supposed to get up to 40 later this afternoon. The snow is supposed to last until about 1:30 today. I will watch from the comfort of my recliner. Maybe make some hot chocolate later.

This is my backyard. The snow is still coming down fairly heavily.

Ooh that is snow, Charade. We are still on telework, given virus numbers not very good in our county, let alone the City. Even City kids are virtually learning at lest until after this month.

Well older one left, doubt with the boots, but he did ask where I put the winter jacket I had bought him for Christmas. Look in the front door closet. I guess he found it, as no other mom where is it, continued. Little one asked if I wanted coffee. Yeah, why not. Not sure what lunch May be chicken. Older one works until after lunch, so it’s a little one and me meal. I’m also thinking older one will be making a Wawa run or other after he leaves work. I do not think he took any food with him.

Looking for a snack, as I’m hungry from only eating a piece of toast for early breakfast. Maybe little one will make some popcorn or maybe a cracker with cheese. Eh, lunchtime yet? Sigh. Yeah, it’s a Monday. ::yes::

We have snow. DH and I were supposed to go back to work today. That's not happening. I guess I will do more laundry and maybe start taking Christmas decorations down.

I tried to be open minded and give Jodie a chance, but I just don't like her as the Doctor. I am not happy to hear she may be replaced by another woman. I really miss David Tenant. Last night I happened to find Around the World in 80 days with David Tenant, so I watched the first episode even though it started at midnight.

It is literally freezing here right now. It is supposed to get up to 40 later this afternoon. The snow is supposed to last until about 1:30 today. I will watch from the comfort of my recliner. Maybe make some hot chocolate later.

This is my backyard. The snow is still coming down fairly heavily.

View attachment 635502

WOW!!! That is some beautiful snow.....looking out at it of course.......and just saw you lost power, hope you`re not without it for too long.

We haven`t watched the 80 days thing, but we both like David Tennant a lot, he is a very cool guy.

The BBC are world famous for wanting to be politically correct, and that`s the only reason she was a woman. Wrong choice all round. No, I don`t like her either, but curious who the next one will be....I`m sure I can guess though.......

We still have high winds, but rain now. Not too bad.

Power was only out for about 15 minutes. Fortunately we have a propane fireplace and auxiliary heater we can use if necessary. My main concern was food. Almost everything we have has to be cooked or at least heated up. I guess if the power had stayed off we would have had cereal for lunch.

It looks like the snow has stopped. I think we got 5-6 inches.

Well, only 3 pound weight gain since before halloween. I’ll take it & run

jr came for brunch on way into a Rare in office work day Made some hash browns I found in murky depths of freezer. Yum haven’t had in ages

leftovers dispatched. No idea what I’m making for dinner. Inspiration don’t fail me now. Milling over whether it’s cold to venture out for takeout. Was 19 degrees last I checked
I have to go platinum blonde/almost white first. I am naturally dark blond. The funky hair dyes don’t work well except on very light hair. Luckily, I have someone who does the bleaching. It’s really hard to get the roots well, especially in the back. Plus, short hair is strangely more difficult to bleach. It ends up looking like Bozo the Clown :crazy:
That’s sounds like work. Bleaching seriously can go so very wrong. Smart to go to the pro
And I need to go Google who Boba Fett is?
:magnify:Star Wars universe, mysterious character, race finally getting their due
Via this & mandolarian
will potter around
Reminds me to catch the new HP special. Anybody watch it yet?
But probably not, as weather guy said where I am will get around 2 inches.
Skipped us, I’m Dancing for joy in my birks, still no socks lol. We are so due fir a slap down
We have snow. DH and I were supposed to go back to work today. That's not happening.
Stay safe. Watching reporter outside White House, looked like a wet one. They can easily get so heavy & snap the power lines
tried to be open minded and give Jodie a chance
Disappointing up until this season, wherein the writing was vastly improved at least

I really liked her in broadchurch with David tenant

he’s in another recent 4 part mystery series not here yet, Mystery Kendrick
Last night I happened to find Around the World in 80 days with David Tenant, so I watched the first episode even though it started at midnight.
Came on here at 8 pm. Jury is decidedly out for me. Old movie is one of the mr’s favs.

Taped it & watched after viewing Don’t look up (wry & amusing for me, not so much forthe mr. fun to see the actors let it rip, especially ms Streep). Maybe just too much of a juxtaposition for my brain to appreciate them both

That is a lot of snow, glad to read your power wasn`t off for long though.

Looks so pretty though.

Well, only 3 pound weight gain since before halloween. I’ll take it & run

jr came for brunch on way into a Rare in office work day Made some hash browns I found in murky depths of freezer. Yum haven’t had in ages

leftovers dispatched. No idea what I’m making for dinner. Inspiration don’t fail me now. Milling over whether it’s cold to venture out for takeout. Was 19 degrees last I checked

That’s sounds like work. Bleaching seriously can go so very wrong. Smart to go to the pro

:magnify:Star Wars universe, mysterious character, race finally getting their due
Via this & mandolarian

Reminds me to catch the new HP special. Anybody watch it yet?

Skipped us, I’m Dancing for joy in my birks, still no socks lol. We are so due fir a slap down

Stay safe. Watching reporter outside White House, looked like a wet one. They can easily get so heavy & snap the power lines

Disappointing up until this season, wherein the writing was vastly improved at least

I really liked her in broadchurch with David tenant

he’s in another recent 4 part mystery series not here yet, Mystery Kendrick

Came on here at 8 pm. Jury is decidedly out for me. Old movie is one of the mr’s favs.

Taped it & watched after viewing Don’t look up (wry & amusing for me, not so much forthe mr. fun to see the actors let it rip, especially ms Streep). Maybe just too much of a juxtaposition for my brain to appreciate them both

I`m so jealous of the bolded above right now......you know why :rotfl:

Ah, gotcha, I wouldn`t have a clue then.....I thought it might have been a Dickens character I hadn`t heard of. Haven`t watched the special, well not all of it......not for me.

Will Google the new Tennant show, usually like whatever he`s in.

Dinner over and rain is bouncing down again. Cooried down for the night here now......feel like watching a scary movie......

Ended up not watching a scary movie last night, watched a dvd of a Scottish comedy show from several years ago.......very funny, and very Scottish.....most of my English friends don`t understand half of it.

Weather has changed a lot overnight, it`s now very cold, but sun will be shining, when it eventually gets light, still very dark in the mornings and will be for a while yet......

No plans today, yet.....will see later if we plan to do anything or not. And no ideas what`s for dinner yet,will think about that later too.

Tea, then breakfast later, far too early to eat yet.

i-DX4CXFb-S.gif

cv12-S.png

cv77-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday​

A wonderful Tuesday to you too , Schumi. Hope you enjoyed the morning, including some breakfast tea. Yes, very dark here too. Sunrise is not for another hour and half. Still some shorter feeling daylight days. Well, until we jump ahead in time.

We are cool this morning as 19 F, a BB d a wind blowing enough it feels like 12 degrees. Clear though, so should be a very sunny start yo our day. But weather guy said clouds will be arriving after lunchtime, so expect a overcast sunset sky. But looking forward to a glorious sunshine lunchtime walk, and hoping before those clouds arrive, including weather guy says, snow showers. Sigh, yep, winter. And with more snow chances two days from today.

Bu yay, it’s
592BD09E-C6D9-4A9D-B537-60DBDF0CE739.jpeg

The day Mac may want to drive by Taco Bell and maybe in car dining. From a one time experience, we found that food does not travel well, and should only be eaten right after receiving the order. Hence, our Taco Bell meal would be in the car too. Still some if our fast food places have no open inside dining. The Taco Bell we tend to go to, dies have tables outside. But this time of year, doubt anyone, including us, would be using them.

And so, a routine day, for sure. Quiet enough day, and tea ready all morning.

A most terrific Taco Tuesday homies.

One of our Taco Bell’s opens indoor dining this month
Woot!
Are you in Florida? I am surprised that the dining room hasn't opened. A few of our restaurants have recently closed indoor dining due to Omicron and some shortly for Delta, but almost all had opened in summer 2020 and stayed open. Not that we have eaten inside much. We have mostly been doing to go food.

a frigid late morning hello all. Has taken me a solid day to re-pair my keyboard to my ipad. No idea what was up with that. A real pain to be plugging away without it for me, especially on a message boards.

Have been doing that 11 month dance via on multiple devices & iphone since pre 8 am today, trying to book my DVC reservations starting 12/4/22.

Difficult to believe an already ridiculous process could get any more trying. Gazillion $ company with the worst IT system with hapless employees telling me that maybe I’m “not lucky” :oops:Yeah, me and how many other posting here as to encountering the same situation for months. i’ve literally paid my dues to DVC, deliver on your promises.

i just have to say it…that would never happen at Universal :earboy2:

that felt good. Did manage to grab a studio, just not the type or resort I wanted. Carole can vouche how nice WL is that time of year. Oh well, maybe one of my waitlists will come through. There’s certainly worst places to be than AKJambo.

very few CS places open for inside dining here either. Not a problem for me as I never eat in their DR anyway. Was sure nice to see the Golden Arches of McD’s when I needed a clean bathroom when on the road In normal times Lol

Charade - you ok weather wise? have been watching that unbelievable hot mess on I-95 in Virginia. My understanding is starts just north of Fredericksburg.

incomprehensible that they haven’t started diverting people to the off ramps or even switch the northbound road over to southbound as they do for hurricane areas to move out the evacuees. :confused3

Those poor people. Cannot imagine being stuck in a vehicle for 17 hours For comfort measures…let alone if you have a baby, no food or water, gas is starting to run close to empty (for heat) & life sustaining medicine is waning. A real nightmare.

Heads should roll, how do they not have contingency plans for this? I’m sure all fingers will firmly be pointed at the new go-to scape goat in all things = covid.:rolleyes1

Time to figure out which boots need donned to venture out to pick up two Rx at two different pharmacies. The one couldn’t get an order in for something for the mr. rather disturbing to be hear that both of their delivery drivers are off sick. Guess I’ll do the drive thru and hold my breath.;)

have a good day all! For those of you in the northern tundra, don’t forget those mittens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter