Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay, good to hear from you Tink. Sounds like a perfect birthday. I am so sorry to hear of Sasha’s passing. Loosing a pet is always hard. Hugs.

Dark out, and close to retiring for the night. Light on, no need to have trouble seeing if you need to get out of bed for any reason. Have a most peaceful night.

Tacos should be on the menu tomorrow. Just saying.

Quick stop in while I take a break from anatomy. We are down to our last chapter in the class - the reproductive system. The chapter is actually assigned to next week, but this week we have a workbook assignment of the reproductive system, so I figured I should read the chapter before attempting the work.

I don’t know what is going to happen with my mom. She is back home with my sister now. My brother says she is very weak and can’t really do anything for herself anymore. He thinks she needs full time care, but my sister seems to think she can handle it. We will just wait and see.

Robo - hope your husband gets some answers about his toe. I can relate to toe problems. Mine is the small toe though.

Happy birthday to Tink. Hope you are having a good day and can stop in and say hi.

It sounds like both your mum and your sister will both need some help. Taking care of someone full time is not easy on anyone, short term it might work, but I hope your sister will look for some help sooner rather than later.

All good wishes to all of you.

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes...it means so much to me.

Smiles aren't working for some reason. I haven't posted much lately for personal reasons plus my wifi signal at home is nonexistent lately so I have to be at work to get a decent signal. Good news is we are getting fiber optic run in our county soon so it will improve dramatically.

We are doing well but not going to HHN this year due to some financial setbacks. I will have to live vicariously through you all who are lucky enough to attend. Hope you post lots of pics.

I do have some sad news...my sweet pup Sasha (my avatar) passed away last month...she graced us with her husky talking aroooroo for 11 years...I miss her sassy tail every day.

I had a nice birthday meal tonight...Trey grilled chicken, steak, veggies and burgers. Danielle made strawberry margaritas, it was all good and I blew my diet big time. My gift was an overnight stay at the Omni Hotel at the Battery and great seats at the Braves/ Mets game on the 17th.

A big shout out to Carole, Mac, Robo, Lynne, Charade, Janet and anyone else who I missed....hope you all have a wonderful week.

Vicki, so good to see you post.

I`ve been lax in emailing you recently......I`m so sorry about Sasha.....I know how much she meant to you and of course you`ll miss her.

Sounds like a lovely birthday meal and drinks too.....your kids do know how to look after you!!! And a lovely gift for you to look forward to.

And sorry you won`t be at HHN this year.....I`ve already made my list of who we`ll be meeting, but we had you in mind too if you were there.....maybe next time my friend.

Take care, sending hugs and have fun at the game, say hi to those lovely kids from me........... :wave2:

Yea for taco tuesday!
high light of my week..

Well, you know you`ll never get tacos in our home when you visit......lol......

My lovely friend who is a Podiatric Surgeon as well as a Bio Mechanics superstar, checked me out last night and I don`t need a cortisone injection in my foot as I thought I might. PF has been flaring up slightly, so a swift change in the orthotics and some stretches to do and feels better already. It`s such a painful thing to have, and mine is milder than most folks. I swear I`d be lost without his help and advice.

So, off to buy new trainers (tennis shoes) for our trip this morning, get them broken in a little in the next month. I hope the store still sells the ones I like.

Been a wild and breezy night overnight here. Lots of rain last night, so the lawns and plants are all looking better already, we needed it. Not going to get much better today but won`t be cold. After trainer shopping, going to pick up some fresh produce and more of those gorgeous oranges.

Looks very winter like this morning looking out...trees are billowing like crazy which does look nice all around us.

Spicy, sweet Teriyaki glazed chicken tonight for dinner, looking forward to that, but breakfast first.....croissants, preserves and fruit with copious amounts of tea of course.....Queen of the Tea here!!!😉

i-KZtWwVX-S.jpg

cv108-S.jpg

cv41-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday 😁

Good Morning from Sapphire Falls! Nice night in Seattle visiting extended family. We went to a nice Italian place for dinner. Flight was on time so things were good. Haven‘t rented scooter yet. Massage therapist visit was helpful. It’s not perfect but I’m doing ok.
Got great room in House 3 on 8th fl. Tonight was a big T-Storm. Walked over to Jake’s at RP for dinner. Just made it back before storm hit!

Attachments

• 20A2C438-8C4E-4572-A729-CE2A4965C107.jpeg
    20A2C438-8C4E-4572-A729-CE2A4965C107.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 21F44C91-0DAD-4D01-A3C1-F86BB6631D30.jpeg
    21F44C91-0DAD-4D01-A3C1-F86BB6631D30.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8
Good Morning from Sapphire Falls! Nice night in Seattle visiting extended family. We went to a nice Italian place for dinner. Flight was on time so things were good. Haven‘t rented scooter yet. Massage therapist visit was helpful. It’s not perfect but I’m doing ok.
Got great room in House 3 on 8th fl. Tonight was a big T-Storm. Walked over to Jake’s at RP for dinner. Just made it back before storm hit!

Glad you made it safe Sue and had a nice time in Seattle.

And nice job on avoiding the thunderstorm! Have a lovely trip.

I think we feel as if we`re going to get a thunderstorm. It is so humid, sky is black and grey, but forecast says no. It`s breezy, but so warm, perfect foil for a storm.

Bought my trainers, picked up some fresh items and got some smoked salmon for lunch today, will be nice with some salad and a slice of home baked bread. Picked up some more ginger to add to the Teriyaki sauce, it needs a little more I think.

But, home for the day, no plans to go back out. We have workmen here though clearing out our pond and having it filled in. It was supposed to be finished months ago, but covid had the company we employed go under, so had to wait on new firm. They seem a nice bunch of guys. So, tea, coffee and water will be on offer for the next few days for them and some nice chocolate biscuits too to go with their drinks.

Will be glad to get that filled in finally.

Time for the kettle to go on to make some tea for everyone.

Ah, a sticky and overcast start to our day. Back to having it be 70’s in the overnight. Yeah, and was so early and so steamy, hate when you car from window has fog and no matter what you do, takes a bit of time to have a clear view. Hehe, like almost when I got to work. Early morning commutes are usually the least traffic, and faster if you speed up to have mostly green lights.

From my window, as sunrise was about 1/2 hour ago:
D708D7DC-FA4B-4904-9870-0EF746BD2703.jpeg

But as the heat wave is to start today, put that sun blocker on my inside front window, and cracked the side windows a teeny bit. Once I’m ready for my home commute, that temp will be 90 since 1 pm, and 91 when I get to my car. Hot car it will still be. At least the front seats should not be as hot, with that sun shade.

Mostly cloudy day, but they are not carrying the rain, those big puffy white ones. We are in that hot, dry spell. Next chance of rain is Friday. But it shouldn’t stop that Friday feeling happiness. Saying spotty rain showers on Friday, with only a tenth of an inch expected. In other works, after Thursday’s 97 degree high, with feel like temp of 105 or 106 degrees. Sticky, icky, poofy hair day, any little bit of a rain shower on Friday will feel good. Considering, Friday’s temp to be 96 degrees, with humidity high then too.

Schumi, glad your foot is okay, and nice to break in some new sneakers.

Sue, so great to hear you made it, and are okay with back so far. Great room location, and yay for meal from. Jake’s before the evening storm. Saw a spectacular one from Strong Water’s windows last year. Hope you get some beautiful sunny weather for your park times during your stay. Pictures are great.

But for today:

30A960F0-38B0-41AD-9A48-C3E42377BC3D.jpeg

Yay, the day Mac can hopefully get some Taco Bell food today.

And yep, the day to enjoy those tacos, chowing them down with a tequila drink. Or, whatever your meal or drink, there’s that hope that you still think a taco and a tequila drink might be on the menu at some time.today, even if not true. It’s that thought of 🌮 today, is so normal to remember it’s a Tuesday.

Yay, my countdown still has doubly digits. 11 days to go. And smart me, also took off that prior two days, as thinking we will do a shore fun day before packing, and then doing the errands on the day before we leave. Woot!

Last edited:
Quick good morning before work.

Hopefully your sister can start the process of getting her on medicaid

It sounds like both your mum and your sister will both need some help. Taking care of someone full time is not easy on anyone, short term it might work, but I hope your sister will look for some help sooner rather than later.

All good wishes to all of you.
I’m hoping she will actually do something this time. You may recall that I had to go to Atlanta last year and basically force her to change POA and get Mom a new checking account (one that my aunt didn’t have access to). I don’t know why my sister is so resistant to doing the important things that need to be done.
So, off to buy new trainers (tennis shoes) for our trip this morning, get them broken in a little in the next month. I hope the store still sells the ones I like.
I need to do the same. I need to find something with a little wider width than the ones I have now.

I line the picture of Scotland. Wish I could see it in person.
Good Morning from Sapphire Falls!
Great views.

Gotta run.

Quick good morning before work.

I’m hoping she will actually do something this time. You may recall that I had to go to Atlanta last year and basically force her to change POA and get Mom a new checking account (one that my aunt didn’t have access to). I don’t know why my sister is so resistant to doing the important things that need to be done.

I need to do the same. I need to find something with a little wider width than the ones I have now.

I line the picture of Scotland. Wish I could see it in person.

Great views.

Gotta run.

Yes, I do remember that with the account. Maybe remind her she will responsible for all these things if she becomes her full time carer, might make her realise mum does need a professional. It`s difficult. Being so far away I`m lucky to have my sister and brothers up there, but sister is the one who deals with anything major, I`m lucky she does a really good job of that, and mum is still as sharp as a tack at 87 which we`re very fortunate with, so I wish you had that peace of mind too.

Scotland is very beautiful. Growing up we were surrounded by gorgeous beaches and mountains, and when we go back it hasn`t changed much. You`d love it there, as apart from the occasional heatwave, our temps in Scotland are very temperate and suit those who don`t like the heat too much.

Good luck with the shoe fitting. It`s hard to find that perfect fit if you have wide feet. I used to think I did but they`re normal apparently....nice something is I guess.....lol....

Workmen have gone for the day. Our gardener has complained they left a mess, but I think he`s a little protective of "his" garden......lol....it`s fine, they`ll clear it up when they`re done, it`s getting there. But, they did enjoy the copious amounts of tea throughout the day, not everyone makes them things like that apparently.

Chicken has been marinading all day, ready to cook in an hour or so......spicy couscous and shredded stir fried Chinese veg to go with it. I`m starving and it`s only 4.45.

Might have some tea......

I blinked and it's Taco Tuesday ;)

Busy, weird and wild weekend here. We had wild weather all weekend from the heatwave earlier in the week. Friday night - actually early Saturday morning - we heard the start of rain and hail. By the time we got up and out to the living room to close the windows that open out, the hail was coming down so hard it was deafening. The hail was bigger than we usually see here - much larger than a marble for sure but not quite golf ball size! It lasted about 10 minutes. Our back yard and the front street were white with about 2 inches deep of hail. All my veggies ( tomatoes & potatoes ) were decimated. There is nothing left of them. My flower pots are coming back, Our soft coverall for all the toys (snowmachines, ATV's and snowblower) was wrecked as well, we had to go buy a new cover, and dh's truck has many dents as well. So he has made a claim to insurance to see if they will cover to get it fixed :scared: So that 10 minutes of hail caused us and many others in our little area here lots of $$$.

We also had tornado warnings :scared1: all weekend. It was a typical Alberta weekend. A community about 90 minutes had one go through that area. Lots of damage to crops and buildings in that area. Everyone was safe - so that was good. We had severe thunder storms roll in all weekend. It was super humid - and you could feel the warm and cold roll in and out. We never got the boat out fishing. Dh and boys did get out to a local spot to do some fly fishing, but with all the storm action, they didn't go far.

Last night near the Calgary area there was a storm that went through by the main highway, and drivers had to stop, as baseball size hail was falling and winds. The damage to those vehicles :faint: It hit too fast for the weather chasers & insurance companies to do the " cloud seeding" to help minimize the hail.

Other than that, it was a quiet weekend. I mostly enjoyed it sitting, or puttering around the house. I am hoping to whip up some cinnamon buns tonight to bake off tomorrow morning, as well as make some nanner bread for the week with the overripe bananas.

We are over covid, thankfully. It was just a weird illness and I'm glad its over. We definitely got during our stay. All in all, I would say it lasted 12 about 12 days.
Welcome back :wave2: You have been missed. It's great you are over covid - hopefully no last effects from it.
Shore towns report the water temps in the mid to high 70’s. Perfect water temp to enjoy. Though my kids prefer water that is blue, and can see in. Our shore ocean color is green, and nope, you can’t see what you stepped on, or ack, even if some fish or other bump into you. But the sand is white, and the salt tasting air just lets you know you’re at the shore. That, and where I went as a kid, still has the smell of caramel corn, salt water taffies, and pizza wafting from the boardwalk that goes along at the top of the beach. Which is why, little one and I may try to get a day at the shore, before the end of next month. That, and August is when the tomatoes are ripe and for sale from local farms on the way to the shore time of year.
:flower:I could picture and smell that scene! It sounds beautiful! I could definitely vacation there :rolleyes1
bought my multi-pass with Express last week. I saw this on the ticket. Not sure if it is showing up on all the multi-passes or not. Just thought it was interesting. Don’t think this will be an issue for those staying onsite on their vacations.
I hope you have low attendance days when you are there.
Quick stop in while I take a break from anatomy. We are down to our last chapter in the class - the reproductive system. The chapter is actually assigned to next week, but this week we have a workbook assignment of the reproductive system, so I figured I should read the chapter before attempting the work.

I don’t know what is going to happen with my mom. She is back home with my sister now. My brother says she is very weak and can’t really do anything for herself anymore. He thinks she needs full time care, but my sister seems to think she can handle it. We will just wait and see.
Sending you positive vibes for a solution to happen that works for all of you. It is not easy for all of you.
I do have some sad news...my sweet pup Sasha (my avatar) passed away last month...she graced us with her husky talking aroooroo for 11 years...I miss her sassy tail every day.
Happy Belated Birthday :bday:
I'm sorry to hear about your pup. It's amazing how much of a paw print they leave on our hearts. I still miss our guy, and it's been 2 yrs now.
Yea for taco tuesday!
high light of my week..
Enjoy your Tuesday!!!! Sending more healing dust to Mr. Mac .
Yay!!!! Enjoy allllllllllll the moments! I know it goes by in the blink of an eye, and we always want it to last longer.
Bought my trainers, picked up some fresh items and got some smoked salmon for lunch today, will be nice with some salad and a slice of home baked bread. Picked up some more ginger to add to the Teriyaki sauce, it needs a little more I think.
PF is painful! I have struggled with that as well. It has gotten better the last few years, with better fitting shoes when I'm on my feet for long periods of time, and stretches and just a general knowledge of taking care to help it. I'm glad you found some new trainers to break in for your trip! The countdown is on :cheer2:
Yay, my countdown still has doubly digits. 11 days to go. And smart me, also took off that prior two days, as thinking we will do a shore fun day before packing, and then doing the errands on the day before we leave. Woot!
:banana: dancing banana for you...as your countdown in almost in the single digits!

Well, I should start the daily paper shuffle, then don my HR hat and go through the paperwork with a new hire. Just one of the many hat I wear.

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy all the warm, or if your in the parks magical moments of the day!

I blinked and it's Taco Tuesday ;)

Busy, weird and wild weekend here. We had wild weather all weekend from the heatwave earlier in the week. Friday night - actually early Saturday morning - we heard the start of rain and hail. By the time we got up and out to the living room to close the windows that open out, the hail was coming down so hard it was deafening. The hail was bigger than we usually see here - much larger than a marble for sure but not quite golf ball size! It lasted about 10 minutes. Our back yard and the front street were white with about 2 inches deep of hail. All my veggies ( tomatoes & potatoes ) were decimated. There is nothing left of them. My flower pots are coming back, Our soft coverall for all the toys (snowmachines, ATV's and snowblower) was wrecked as well, we had to go buy a new cover, and dh's truck has many dents as well. So he has made a claim to insurance to see if they will cover to get it fixed :scared: So that 10 minutes of hail caused us and many others in our little area here lots of $$$.

We also had tornado warnings :scared1: all weekend. It was a typical Alberta weekend. A community about 90 minutes had one go through that area. Lots of damage to crops and buildings in that area. Everyone was safe - so that was good. We had severe thunder storms roll in all weekend. It was super humid - and you could feel the warm and cold roll in and out. We never got the boat out fishing. Dh and boys did get out to a local spot to do some fly fishing, but with all the storm action, they didn't go far.

Last night near the Calgary area there was a storm that went through by the main highway, and drivers had to stop, as baseball size hail was falling and winds. The damage to those vehicles :faint: It hit too fast for the weather chasers & insurance companies to do the " cloud seeding" to help minimize the hail.

Other than that, it was a quiet weekend. I mostly enjoyed it sitting, or puttering around the house. I am hoping to whip up some cinnamon buns tonight to bake off tomorrow morning, as well as make some nanner bread for the week with the overripe bananas.

PF is painful! I have struggled with that as well. It has gotten better the last few years, with better fitting shoes when I'm on my feet for long periods of time, and stretches and just a general knowledge of taking care to help it. I'm glad you found some new trainers to break in for your trip! The countdown is on :cheer2:

Well, I should start the daily paper shuffle, then don my HR hat and go through the paperwork with a new hire. Just one of the many hat I wear.

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy all the warm, or if your in the parks magical moments of the day!

That is some wild and woolly weather for you.....hail storms and tornado warnings!! You win the bad weather award for the summer!!

Baking sounds nice, love cinnamon buns.

I`ve had 2 cortisone injections in my right heel in the past when it really bothered me, thankfully my foot was completely numb both times as my friend wouldn`t see me in any pain. Some folks report terrible pain getting cortisone shots when there`s no need. But, must be 10 years at least, probably more since I had them. But, good orthotics and properly fitted shoes are the key. And yes, those stretches are so important, I have never stopped doing them and never get out of bed in the morning without stretching both feet correctly.

Hope you never have it back again......and yes, happy with my countdown!!!

I`ve had 2 cortisone injections in my right heel in the past when it really bothered me, thankfully my foot was completely numb both times as my friend wouldn`t see me in any pain. Some folks report terrible pain getting cortisone shots when there`s no need. But, must be 10 years at least, probably more since I had them. But, good orthotics and properly fitted shoes are the key. And yes, those stretches are so important, I have never stopped doing them and never get out of bed in the morning without stretching both feet correctly.
I don't think I win that award - we are lucky we don't see this weather often. We get some tornadoes but they are relatively small low F1-2. Edmonton did see one F4 actually 35 years ago where 28 people died. But that rarely happens in Canada. It has to be some pretty wild weather for that to happen. @LynneG and @Charade67 would probably win that one! They live in tornado ally areas! They can have it....after this weekend...I don't want it :rotfl: I'll take the cold weather one.

I'm very lucky my PF did not require cortisone shots! That would be extremely painful. That just make me cringe thinking about it. My feet and mouth seem to be super sensitive to things and can't handle pain in any form. It's great to hear your feet are on the mend.

Dh is starting to have some troubles now too with his feet. We have him booked with a podiatrist - but couldn't get an appointment until October. So now I'm researching good shoes for men. Ones that are work/business appropriate and then one pair of everyday trainers I'm thinking to start out with.

I don't think I win that award - we are lucky we don't see this weather often. We get some tornadoes but they are relatively small low F1-2. Edmonton did see one F4 actually 35 years ago where 28 people died. But that rarely happens in Canada. It has to be some pretty wild weather for that to happen. @LynneG and @Charade67 would probably win that one! They live in tornado ally areas! They can have it....after this weekend...I don't want it :rotfl: I'll take the cold weather one.

I'm very lucky my PF did not require cortisone shots! That would be extremely painful. That just make me cringe thinking about it. My feet and mouth seem to be super sensitive to things and can't handle pain in any form. It's great to hear your feet are on the mend.

Dh is starting to have some troubles now too with his feet. We have him booked with a podiatrist - but couldn't get an appointment until October. So now I'm researching good shoes for men. Ones that are work/business appropriate and then one pair of everyday trainers I'm thinking to start out with.

I always think of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, South Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska and yep, further west at times as Tornado Alley, not regularly in Philly.....according to Weather Stats anyway.....of course you can get them anywhere.....heck we`ve even had tornados. But, not something I`d want to brag about of course.

The shot wasn`t painful as my foot was numb both times. Oh hope your husband gets an appointment soon, painful feet are dreadful. My friend is incredibly busy in his clinic, but thankfully he fits me in as his waiting list is looooong.

Teriyaki chicken was gorgeous!! Beautifully tender and full of flavour. We both cleared our plates tonight again.

Thinking we might watch a movie tonight.....breeze is dying down a little so hopefully we`ll get out a walk in the morning.

Ack, Pumpkin, wild weather indeed. We did get hail earlier this year, but never seen it big enough to damage, other than in news pictures, I think I remember seeing from TX. No, not in the tornado alley, but we do get them at times. Most are usually a 1, but the last one that hit close to me, was a 3, that did see 1 person killed from tree hitting her home. What does the most damage is usually the nor’easters that bring flooding rain or feet of snow. Our Summers though, usually don’t see tornadoes, but drenching, flooding thunderstorms. And this month in particular is the hottest in the calendar. Like today, no rain, but sticky icky feeling out. Hair is tied up, or it would look so puffy.

Lunch walk was nice. Now sipping tea and hoping the afternoon goes fast, so on my way home.

Oh my Lordy.....

Just got about 8 identical emails asking me to send bank details to some poor Nigerian Count (not a Prince this time) so he can send his legally earned wealth that is in the Billions to my account and I get 25% when he arrives in this country.....and he is incredibly grateful for my help...he knows I am kind lady......

Wait till I get my card..........

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I heard this morning we had 800 lightening strikes last night. Yikes! It was a good show from the safety of my room!
A hot one in the parks today. But did ride Hagrids! My oldest dd hasn’t rode it yet! Actually neither dd has! My youngest was here just before it opened. Got to IOA by 7:15 am ugh. Posted wait was 90 min but we got ion in 60. Ate lunch at Thunder Falls then back to hotel for a nap!.
Dinner tonight was with with Bobby and her husband. Had a great time.
Went to Toothsomes.
Today is a lazy day! I told daughter, let’s not set alarm. May just have a pool day! Haven’t decided. May just go to water park! Or just go into Studios to see Horror Makeup show, Bourne and Animal show.

S

Last edited:
Just a quick drive by and catch up on how the homies are doing!

Hope all the homies are doing well.

I had a long nap today and probably will be on the night shift here
lol

A nap is always good......I do like a nap in winter, it`s quite common to see me snuggled with a fluffy comforter on one of the sofa`s...usually the kitchen!!

Does you the world of good.

I heard this morning we had 800 lightening strikes last night. Yikes! It was a good show wattfrom the safety of my room!
A hot one in the parks today. But did ride Hagrids! My oldest dd hasn’t rode it yet! Actually neither dd has! My youngest was here just before it opened. Got to IOA by 7:15 am ugh. Posted wait was 90 min but we got ion in 60. Ate lunch at Thunder Falls then back to hotel for a nap!. n so asana a.a__-- __ ___ _ ___
Dinner tonight was with with Bobby and her husband. Had a great time

S

I saw the storm last night....well, from the internet!! No-one does a storm like Florida!!

How was Thunder Falls?

Wild and breezy night overnight, but seems to have calmed down a little this morning, so we`ll head out a wander this morning although sky does look a little ominous.....well, we won`t melt if it does rain and it`s warm.

Will go back out later to try out new trainers, won`t wear them this morning, I wear proper walking shoes for that, but I`m sure they`ll be fine.

Spicy pulled pork for dinner tonight, Brie, turkey and cranberry subway style sandwich for lunch today, breakfast is some home made bread, baked it last night and just a plain white bread, but will be lovely, with some preserves and I have some blueberries, grapes and cherries as a side.

Not much else going on today, no lunch out with friends as most are busy, we`ll get back into that Wednesday lunch get together in winter, summer, most folks have plans.

Time for tea......

i-SCWxgwm-S.jpg

cv49-S.jpg

cv17-S.jpg

😉

Have a Happy Wednesday ☺️☺️☺️

Caspian woke me up too early this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep, and it's too early to start getting ready for work. There is a silver lining though. I checked AP rates and found a room at Cabana Bay for significantly less than my room at Sapphire Falls, so decided to book it. I really like Sapphire Falls, but I think it's best to save some money right now in case I have to make an emergency trip to Atlanta or SC sometime in the near future.

Scotland is very beautiful. Growing up we were surrounded by gorgeous beaches and mountains, and when we go back it hasn`t changed much. You`d love it there, as apart from the occasional heatwave, our temps in Scotland are very temperate and suit those who don`t like the heat too much.
One of my friends is visiting there right now and has been posting pictures to Facebook every day. One of today's pictures was of Loch Ness. It looks so pretty.

Wow, that is some crazy weather. Hope the insurance will take care of the car.
Our Summers though, usually don’t see tornadoes, but drenching, flooding thunderstorms.
Same here. We are supposed to have some nice weather for a couple of days and more rain coming at the end of the week.

Just got about 8 identical emails asking me to send bank details to some poor Nigerian Count (not a Prince this time) so he can send his legally earned wealth that is in the Billions to my account and I get 25% when he arrives in this country.....and he is incredibly grateful for my help...he knows I am kind lady......
One of our former therapists where I work keeps getting similar fax spam. Someone in another country has died and left no living relatives, so they've choses someone with the same last name to award his millions to........
The funny thing is that this former employee is the only one from our office who gets those. I guess he managed to get his name on some sort of list. Those faxes go straight to the trash can.

I heard this morning we had 800 lightening strikes last night. Yikes! It was a good show wattfrom the safety of my room!
A hot one in the parks today. But did ride Hagrids!
Wow. Definitely a night to stay inside. Hope the weather improves for the rest of the trip.

Still too early to start getting ready. I think I will wander over to YouTube and see if I can find a walk through video of Cabana Bay.

E8A19FD0-984D-46AE-8D9E-769746E50303.jpeg

Why hello camel, yeah, it’s going to be that hot feeling Wednesday. That second day of this heat wave says let’s make it a full day of sunshine ☀️ with low humidity, and the high of 93. In other words a most perfect Summer day in August. And even nicer, today means that fabulous Friday feeling is now two days away. Hump of a mid week day indeed.

And so, tea for me this morning too. A staple drink I try to enjoy every morning.

Hope all are doing well. It’s good to take a nap, Mac. Take an easy, as the more you rest now, the better when you want to be traveling next month.

Sue, what a storm you had last night. Yes, best when viewing those storms from inside. Hope you have a fabulous time in the parks today. I guess when we come, we will try to get on Hagrid’s later in the day. My little one very rarely makes early entry. I sometimes wait for her, sometimes meet up with her in the parks, as I generally do go to the parks early.

Hope Keisha is having some great park fun too. Yay for great way to celebrate DH’s retirement.

Ack Charade, you are up with me in this early hour. Silly cat. We are staying our first night at CB in 10 days. I can let you know our thoughts after we stay there. Great to get that AP rate there too. Hope you get maybe a nap in, given the cat’s decision to get you awake too. Hope mom gets settled and is doing well. Good thoughts she will be well taken care of by your sister and some medical staff.

Wishes for all to have that most wonderful Wednesday. Give a smile, this first week of August is half over. For those waiting patiently for HHN, it’s that much closer now. And mouse says this month is fine to start that Fall time fun. Woot! A Wednesday is here.

Lynne let’s not rush August! Lol!

Charade I enjoyed my night at CB I was in the Continental Building with inside halls. I don’t like the Disney style outside hall ways where everyone passing by can look in your room. And lazy river! My friend stayed at CB last month and got a tower room facing VB. Sometimes sucks to have to make adult choices but gotta be done.
I do remember that situation with your aunt. Awful.

Schumi hope you can get some relief from the PF. I had heel spurs and resolved with orthotics. And now there are some good cushioning in runners. I have a pair of NB and it really is like walking on air. Very good for my heel.
Oh that poor Count Schumi :rolleyes2 I wonder if anyone falls for that?

Pumpkin what crazy weather! Weather is certainly changing.

Keisha hope you’re having a fun vacay say hi to the mouse 🐭

Lynne good luck with little one! Yeah I’d go early and meet up later. So easy to do! Esp in Aug it’s soooo hot by noon. We have lunch then are leaving the park by 1ish for the pool!
Hagrids has been iffy. Still down a lot! We rode at early entry then went on Jurassic River. Got off and was checking wait times and Hagrids was down. Also Spider-Man!

Just discussed with daughter. It’s been decided, pool day today and lunch at Drumclub. Those street tacos are calling my name!
Tonight we’re going for dinner with a local friend. Haven’t decided where yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter