Something About Nothing............ #14

I am absolutely livid right now. I have been chatting with my sister and found out that Mom’s savings account has been drained. She also suspects that there is a significant amount missing from the checking account too. She is trying to make sense of Mom’s mess of financial records. I told her to just call the bank and get Mom to give permission for them to talk to my sister on her behalf. Mom knows there is money missing, but doesn’t know how much. My aunt has told her that she can’t put the money back yet, but has not given a reason why. My Aunt withdrew the money 7 months ago.
I have told my sister that the first thing she needs to do is have Mom revoke our aunt’s power of attorney. Then she needs to get bank statements and find out how much was taken and exactly when. Meanwhile I have contacted the local police department and have been told that Mom can file a report and they will investigate.

I just want to scream. Thanks for letting me vent.

This is a sleepy older family neighborhood. My son’s neighbors are sheriffs police, and State Police. So not what you would expect.
Sadly, becoming more common. Everyone isn’t a responsible gun owner. Glad your son called you & they are ok!

ps love the Audrey one! They sold out very early here
Why on earth is not being shown on the actual date!! And instead of a daily 1pm showing till then, you can only do evening or 4.45pm. Darn it.....who wants to go to the cinema at 5pm!
Guessing it’s not pulling a crowd
And managed to order a few more Christmas presents today, not sure if we do have any shortages of what we`d be looking at, but don`t mind starting early. Although did manage to order myself 2 dresses somehow........well, why not.
Makes sense to me lol. You have a nice start for Xmas. I’ve been uninspired. Did grab a pair of adidas kicks for youngest DS on sale yesterday
just want to scream. Thanks for letting me vent.
Oh, I’m so sorry to hear this. Hope the funds are reimbursed quickly & it’s all a mistake of some sort

That’s aweful Charade. And from family. She’s better return all of your mom”s money. I hope the police do get involved. She then may have abused her duty, and that may lead to other that needs to be done to ensure money is returned. How horrible to now be dealing with that.

Ack, hearing dinner wanted. I guess the mom cook needs to make some dinner. Thinking chicken with tomatoes and peppers. DH did go to the produce store, and brought back lots of vegetables and some fruit. So we’ve got lots to snack on for a few days.

Another slow boring day at work. I am counting the minutes until lunch.

I have 3 packages due to arrive today. At this rate, I’ll have all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving.

Ugh! I can’t get the multi quote to work on my phone today.

Soniam - Good luck with the shoes. I like the pair in the front. I enjoy purse shopping for myself since I know what I like. I don’t like trying to buy one for someone else.

Schumi - I’m another one that is not too fond of ginger. Dh loves it with sushi. That Yoko Ono meme almost made me spit my drink across the table.

Pumpkin - I will follow a recipe closely the first couple of times I make it and then I will start to get creative. I even do that with baking.

Keisha - too funny about the PJs. I bet they are cute though.

Paris - Happy birthday to your daughter and to Strawberry.

Lynne - B was due 2 days after Election Day. I voted with an absentee ballot that year.

20 minutes until lunch.
Thank you Charade!

Hope the rest of your day passed more quickly...

Good Thursday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 615100

View attachment 615097

View attachment 615096

Life had been a little busy this past number of days. I Did look back a few pages. Looks like everyone has been staying busy.

Carole so glad to hear your trip for November is going to happen. Hopefully all things will fall into place for you and Tom to have a great trip. I know you both are ready for a trip back to Orlando.

Enjoy the box set of the Big Bang Theory. It was one of my favorite shows on TV.
View attachment 615095

Happy Birthday to your daughter J’aime Paris
View attachment 615098

And a happy birthday to Strawberry Shortcake. She looks like a very loved and comfy cat.
View attachment 615099

Keisha the sound of those Pj’s are priceless. Your granddaughter is a cutie. It is so wonderful to experience the world through our grandchildren’s eyes. They keep us young at heart for sure. They are precious.

J’aime Paris so good to hear your hubby has time for your trip. If you are not able to get your ressies at Boathouse and Wine Bar George just do walk up. Sometimes that works.

Metro I did look at the video you posted on HHN. I think it just goes to show that alcohol and some younger folks do not mix well. So sad.

Charade Christmas stockings hung from your mantel over the fireplace will be lovely.

Soniam your shoe selection looks nice for your event. I’am sure once you pull your overall look together one pair will be a winner.

Pumpkin good luck on your interview.

Lynne hope you are enjoying a nice cup of tea this morning.

Mac hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Woke up yesterday morning heard some noise in the garage. Opened the door and the hot water heater was geysering water. Had to wake hubby up to show me where to shut the water off.

Thankfully we were able to get the plumber out to replace it in the afternoon. I now know how to shut the main water off (it was slightly hidden) and how to connect a hose to the hot water heater to drain it.

Next lesson is the sprinkler system panel. The one here is more complicated then the one at home in Florida.

The security systems and cameras at both homes are fairly easy to handle.

Son called yesterday and asked if I had watched the news. I told him no. Grandson woke up yesterday morning at about 1 am and woke them up and said he thought he heard a train derail. They live about 4 blocks from train tracks.

Then they looked out the window and the area was surrounded by flashing police lights, canine police dogs (which were causing their dogs to bark).

About two blocks down from them there was a kidnaping and murder and the sound my grandson heard was not a train derailment it was the police opening fire on one of the suspects.

This is a sleepy older family neighborhood. My son’s neighbors are sheriffs police, and State Police. So not what you would expect.

I did look at the news online last night and the police bodycam was shown playing out some of the incident.

These things are happening sadly in all types of neighborhoods around the Country. Even sleepy family neighborhoods. So sad. I’am so thankful that our son and family are ok. To close for comfort.

The sun is shining this morning. The high is supposed to be 66. Fall weather has arrived and the trees are changing.

I’am going to try and get a walk in today.

I have been looking for new recipes for my Halloween Party. Not coming up with much.

I was looking at all the animatronic Halloween decorations online at Home Depot. When I was home in Florida in September the local sore was full of them. I may have went around and pushed them all to have a look....I will see if I can load them here for you to see.
View attachment 615147
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Thank you for the wonderful wishes Robo!

Wow, what a scary thing to happen so close to home for your son and his family. Thank goodness they're alright!

same, carry over from ill-spent youth hanging out in dive bars…always have your back to the wall :p

even at home the quality varies greatly between the same chain‘s various sites within 5 miles of each other. Even stranger is they often are franchises owned by same companies.

what a grand lady!

Happy BD to your DD, love that picture! Hope she has a lovely weekend celebrating.

Grass is always greener…myself & 2 of my DS always felt a bit cheated by having BDs during the summer as in elementary school the kiddos were always permitted to bring in treats & be treated ‘special’ by the teacher their BD. I’m told new trend now is to set aside one day each month for BD (& unbirthday) kids to celebrate. With all the food allergies these days, they’ve forbidden bringing in anything but packaged treats, easier than making cupcakes & safer for all.

They are um, wild but, give me joy. I usually wear dark solids upon reflection during the pandemic, had an epiphany of sorts=life is too short, let it rip. :sunny:here’s a clip of the material
View attachment 615143
Thank you Keisha! Yes, the kitty turning 18 seems to be a big deal....DD posted a photo of them both and most of the comments are about Strawberry, lol! All in good fun!

Tigers and sloths in sunglasses, classic!

The one without a head holding a pumpkin is cool! A lot of good finds!!

Lori.....yes, wouldn`t blame you for moving South!

Charade.....glad it made you laugh......oh I do love sushi ginger, and because Tom doesn`t like it, I get to eat it all......

Robbie.......thank you! Yes, we are excited.....

What a horrific story where your grandson lives, must have been very worrying for them to hear that. Hope it`s all contained now. How sad though.

The animatronics are fabulous! Love them.......I`d go for the old lady in the rocker.....

Keisha......yes, old traits are hard to forget. Went to book to see it on Halloween itself, several of us thought it might be a good idea, can you believe they stop showing it next Thursday!! Why on earth is not being shown on the actual date!! And instead of a daily 1pm showing till then, you can only do evening or 4.45pm. Darn it.....who wants to go to the cinema at 5pm!

Just finished dinner, very nice and heating a caramel apple crumble up now for dessert with some clotted cream.....lush! I`ll just have a small portion :rolleyes1

Going to do some reading tomorrow in the nursery, friend called today and asked if I`d be happy to start back up again, happy to do it, those little ones love story time.

And managed to order a few more Christmas presents today, not sure if we do have any shortages of what we`d be looking at, but don`t mind starting early. Although did manage to order myself 2 dresses somehow........well, why not.

Hope tomorrow is a little milder than today.......it`s been freezing outside.
Yay! I'm glad you'll be back with the little ones....you always spoke of how much you love volunteering with them!!

Strawberry is enjoying her birthday!
Lots of snuggles and kisses! Extra time on my lap, she's busy making her biscuits! Bought some tuna treats, and she likes them quite a bit. Purring up a storm...one happy girl!

I think DD is having a good day as well.....DD's roommates made her a birthday breakfast this morning and invited a few others to join in. A group of her friends is taking her to an Axe Throwing bar tonight to start the evening celebration...can't wait to see those photos!

Tomorrow night we will have dinner and a DQ ice cream cake with DD, and she will get her gifts then. A two day celebration is better than one, right?

I am absolutely livid right now. I have been chatting with my sister and found out that Mom’s savings account has been drained. She also suspects that there is a significant amount missing from the checking account too. She is trying to make sense of Mom’s mess of financial records. I told her to just call the bank and get Mom to give permission for them to talk to my sister on her behalf. Mom knows there is money missing, but doesn’t know how much. My aunt has told her that she can’t put the money back yet, but has not given a reason why. My Aunt withdrew the money 7 months ago.
I have told my sister that the first thing she needs to do is have Mom revoke our aunt’s power of attorney. Then she needs to get bank statements and find out how much was taken and exactly when. Meanwhile I have contacted the local police department and have been told that Mom can file a report and they will investigate.

How terrible!!! Your aunt seems to have some explaining to do....
I really hope she hasn't stolen from your mom.

Yay, nope days and days of birthdays celebrations is perfect, Paris.

Robo, how scary all that happened to grandson’s neighborhood. And ack, yep water on floor, new water heater needed. We had to do that a few years ago. Took some time to drain the old one. Great Halloween decor pictures. I’m seeing less and less of that decor, and the Christmas decor is starting to take up more of the shelves. I do like seeing neighbor yards decorated for Halloween. And a hehe, one has a very large blow up Mickey pumpkin head.

Dinner was good. And ooh a single pickle was left in the jar. Jar is now in the trash. And DH finished up what was left by the family. So, kitchen is now cleaned and closed for the night. Saw DH bought apples. Also saw we have some vanilla ice cream. Thinking of making an apple crumble, as not fond of pie shell, and well, crumble is easier to make and have a large loaf pan that will be perfect for it. Will be tomorrow morning’s adventure. Older one went grocery shopping for me, and brought back cherry danish. Ah, how nice is that? Sweet breakfast also tomorrow, as will go perfect with my morning tea.

Wahoo!

A2419334-8842-4CEE-BDE7-142604317EE6.jpeg

Yay for this too:
585634DF-AB2A-4100-ABB6-A4380D1CB276.jpeg

Ah yes tomorrow is a Friday. Start that Friday celebrating as soon as arising from a good night’s sleep.

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Hello again. I think I have calmed down a bit. I'm still angry though.

More bad news - the couple from church will not be getting a baby. The birth parents have changed their minds. Now they must go back to waiting again.

They are um, wild but, give me joy. I usually wear dark solids upon reflection during the pandemic, had an epiphany of sorts=life is too short, let it rip. :sunny:here’s a clip of the material
Love it! Tigers are another favorite animal. I also see a giant panda.

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear this. Hope the funds are reimbursed quickly & it’s all a mistake of some sort
She took some money out of checking back at the end of March. I thought she had given it back already. I'm certain this is no mistake.

That’s aweful Charade. And from family. She’s better return all of your mom”s money. I hope the police do get involved. She then may have abused her duty, and that may lead to other that needs to be done to ensure money is returned. How horrible to now be dealing with that.
It looks like I am going to have to play the bad guy. My mom doesn't want to make waves in the family and my sister is being wishy washy. If it was just a little money I wouldn't care, but we're talking about several thousand dollars.

How terrible!!! Your aunt seems to have some explaining to do....
I really hope she hasn't stolen from your mom.
It's not looking good.

Charade that is terrible...I'm sorr
Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Hopefully I will have more to go on tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have an electrician coming to look at the weird wiring in my house. Hopefully he will be able to get everything working as it's supposed to.

@Robo56 So glad your family is OK. Hopefully the kiddo wasn't scared.

Oh no!. That's terrible. Dealing with family stuff is so hard. We had a lot of issues with my grandpa when he got alzheimer's. His wife, who had her own money and a prenuptial, took a bunch of his money and took power away from my uncle. He didn't go peacefully either. Her name still draws much cursing in our family. They had been married for like 20 years or something. Sometimes, it's so hard when family does bad things to you. I hope it gets resolved.

Charade, hope you get the money issue sorted with your mum and as Keisha said, it is some kind of mistake, but doesn`t sound good. Yes, you and your sister need to take control there. I`m so sorry you`re all going through that right now, abuse of trust is despicable.

I`m so sorry for the couple adopting, must be heartbreaking for them.

Keisha.....yes, looks like it`s not doing well at all. I thought considering there`s not much being released now anyway, it would do ok, but it has the late afternoon showing and two evening options with one starting at 9.55pm!! Far too late for me......lol......

Adidas Kicks ....brings back memories........they were THE trainer to get around 1980/81. I remember being absolutely thrilled wearing them....that was today`s equivalent of a designer label......:rotfl:

Lori....yes, looking forward to reading them the story this morning, it`s only for an hour so not much out of my day. Hoping to get a walk in first, but wind outside sounds ominous.

Hey, I`m a huge believer in stretching out birthday celebrations.....why not!! Hope she has fun and she`ll have a lovely time with you both at the weekend.

And Lynne`s having apple crumble.........what a coincidence.....so did we!

Thought we might get out an early walk this morning before I head to the village for reading. But, winds are still not pleasant and still bloomin cold. Going to try and catch one of the ladies from the village and see if we can organise a Halloween kind of treasure hunt for the kids this year, a few of us will do everything but she needs to approve as we`ll use the church hall as a base. Thought maybe the Saturday as it`s the day before the day itself this year.

Made curry last night for tonight`s dinner, again, much prefer the flavours to be enhanced by cooking the day before, it`ll be lush!! Hot, spicy and a little sweet.

Breakfast is simple, with some toast and lunch is roasted butternut squash and sweet pepper soup I also made last night along with some bread....well, there was nothing on tv.......

i-XCtQBwd-Th.jpg

cv68-S.jpg

cv28-S.png

Happy Friday 😁

Decide to cook a turkey breast today Like to make the day prior so it has time to cool before slicing the next day. That is if i can guard it from the Mr who I’m sure will be hovering. No idea what will be on table for dinner tonight. bacon & sausage will be served soon as the Mr has awakened. Takes him a bit to regroup after working his midnight shift days. I marvel at those who can handle rotating shift work

We had tornado warnings (not to be confused with watches) for hours last night. quite unnerving as I don’t ever remember this going on for so long or so late in the year in the past. Weird periods of storms, then odd silent calms where air felt, well; different/heavy? for lack of a better term.

Poor pooch, even in his thunder vest, was anxious. He’s a great forecaster for the approaching bands of nasty, will come & stare at me in the face a good 5 minutes before they hit here. Never had that happen with any of my other dogs.

three confirmed areas where they did touch down between 5 & 10 miles of our home. Still surveying the damage. haven’t seen any reports of loss of life, will term that a win. glad we did go out & bring in all the halloween inflatables etc. will take a hot minute to reinstall today but, had visions of them sailing away on the wind.

DH did go to the produce store
do they stay open all year? the only one in our area is family owned, they close up the beginning of October to right before Easter & head south. other than the far-flung grocery stores in our area, just as easy to head to Pittsburgh‘s strip district where the trucks roll in and vendors split up chucks of them. Parking issues & road construction has kept me away most of summer. May take a run down when we get back tho.
A group of her friends is taking her to an Axe Throwing bar tonight to start the evening celebration...can't wait to see those photos!
Oh, tell me she’s going to wear flannel! that is on my bucket list for some reason…I’m a lumberjack & I’m okay. They finally opened one up within a few miles of my home. Please share a pic!
Tomorrow night we will have dinner and a DQ ice cream cake with DD, and she will get her gifts then. A two day celebration is better than one, right?
Absolutely, stretch it out till it screams. which cake do you like from there? Usually, not a fan but, grabbed one for GD BD this summer that had interesting flavor combos.
Thinking of making an apple crumble, as not fond of pie shell,
Never heard of a crumble. PA Dutch something or other or is that an apple crisp As in you serve over ice cream?
She took some money out of checking back at the end of March. I thought she had given it back already. I'm certain this is no mistake.
oh dear, she’s had plenty of time to make the March incident right. Troubling if a pattern has formed.

That is sad for the couple, best of luck to them in this journey. wonder if they’ve considered fostering a child
Sometimes, it's so hard when family does bad things to you. I hope it gets resolved.
sadly, the betrayal often cuts deeper than the financial loss
Adidas Kicks ....brings back memories........they were THE trainer to get around 1980/81. I remember being absolutely thrilled wearing them....that was today`s equivalent of a designer label.....
They kill my feet, just like vans, no arch support to speak of but, do like the style. they are still top of the food chain here Along with Nike and Kanye’s (excuse me YE’s) monstrosities. I tell my one DS he looks as tho he’s wearing sponges on his feet with those croc material on steroid beauties.:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Keisha, I make more crumbles rather than crisps as don’t like oats in my strudel topping. House smells good as it has been out of the oven for about a half hour. Hehe, mid morning snack, some of that with the ice cream. Tasty. Bet your home is smelling good with that turkey cooking.

Ack, I think both kids are up, as I hear electronics being used. Think little one wants to go to that large mall today. Fine with me, as hoping not as busy on a week day. But as usual, we are probably going to get there in time to have lunch somewhere. And would you not know? There’s a Shake Shack on the way, and little one is fine with a burger and fries. Guess where I will be having my lunch? I could be wrong, as there’s also a Chick-fil-A on the way too.

Decide to cook a turkey breast today Like to make the day prior so it has time to cool before slicing the next day. That is if i can guard it from the Mr who I’m sure will be hovering. No idea what will be on table for dinner tonight. bacon & sausage will be served soon as the Mr has awakened. Takes him a bit to regroup after working his midnight shift days. I marvel at those who can handle rotating shift work

We had tornado warnings (not to be confused with watches) for hours last night. quite unnerving as I don’t ever remember this going on for so long or so late in the year in the past. Weird periods of storms, then odd silent calms where air felt, well; different/heavy? for lack of a better term.

Poor pooch, even in his thunder vest, was anxious. He’s a great forecaster for the approaching bands of nasty, will come & stare at me in the face a good 5 minutes before they hit here. Never had that happen with any of my other dogs.

three confirmed areas where they did touch down between 5 & 10 miles of our home. Still surveying the damage. haven’t seen any reports of loss of life, will term that a win. glad we did go out & bring in all the halloween inflatables etc. will take a hot minute to reinstall today but, had visions of them sailing away on the wind.

do they stay open all year? the only one in our area is family owned, they close up the beginning of October to right before Easter & head south. other than the far-flung grocery stores in our area, just as easy to head to Pittsburgh‘s strip district where the trucks roll in and vendors split up chucks of them. Parking issues & road construction has kept me away most of summer. May take a run down when we get back tho.

Oh, tell me she’s going to wear flannel! that is on my bucket list for some reason…I’m a lumberjack & I’m okay. They finally opened one up within a few miles of my home. Please share a pic!

Absolutely, stretch it out till it screams. which cake do you like from there? Usually, not a fan but, grabbed one for GD BD this summer that had interesting flavor combos.

Never heard of a crumble. PA Dutch something or other or is that an apple crisp As in you serve over ice cream?

oh dear, she’s had plenty of time to make the March incident right. Troubling if a pattern has formed.

That is sad for the couple, best of luck to them in this journey. wonder if they’ve considered fostering a child

They kill my feet, just like vans, no arch support to speak of but, do like the style. they are still top of the food chain here Along with Nike and Kanye’s (excuse me YE’s) monstrosities. I tell my one DS he looks as tho he’s wearing sponges on his feet with those croc material on steroid beauties.:rolleyes1

Glad you had no damage Janet, sounds ominous though being so close. Oh goodness dogs do know things don`t they.

Yes, I don`t think my feet would appreciate Adidas Kicks today......think P would kick my butt if I bought them lol......

Janet, crumble is very popular in the UK as a dessert with various fillings......the crumble is put on top of mixed stewed fruit like apples. Crumble mix is plain flour, butter that been chilled and diced, and caster sugar and crumbled together. You can pulse it in a food processor or do it by hand. then it gets sprinkled over the fruit to cook. Never seen it often in the US. Publix do a Dutch Apple Pie that has pasty and kind of crumble top. I sometimes add cinnamon to the crumble mix too.

Curious as to what kind of strudel call for oats as Lynne mentioned? Here any kind of streudel is filo pastry.

Had a lovely day here, not weather wise as it is still bloomin cold! Far too cold to walk.

But did nip to a farm store for fresh produce, then read to the kids and it was lovely. They adore being read to as all kids do, so it was a lot of fun. I read 3 stories and hope that we can get back to doing this regularly.

Will start dinner soon I think, everyone is going swimming tonight, not me, I`m going to settle with a book while they`re all out. Only Tom and I having curry, the other 2 don`t like it. Made some Naan breads this afternoon, stuffed with sugar, sultanas and ground almonds.

Hey homies, hope you guys doing alright! Just popped on my phone briefly. Work has eaten a lot of my life since I started.

Charade sorry to hear about that news about your family!

I hope the rest of your Friday gets better and you all have a good weekend.

TGIF banana dance :banana:

I'm glad the weekend is here. Completed the interview yesterday...I felt good when I left. I really hate those " situational" type answering. Oh well. It was an in-person interview. It was held in their board room with three people interviewing me :scared1: It would be a great place to work. My sister works for them in another province. Now to wait and see. I will hear back either way next week. I have had a few pokes ( looks ) at my Linkedin profile. So I'm wondering if I will hear from other places that I had applied to.

Work is slower today. Not many papers to shuffle today. I'm fending off a migraine...so I'll take a slower day. Hopefully this migraine doesn't mean a huge weather shift.

Thankfully we were able to get the plumber out to replace it in the afternoon. I now know how to shut the main water off (it was slightly hidden) and how to connect a hose to the hot water heater to drain it.
That sucks your water heater broke. At least you were able to replace it easily. I know that supply is low for those items. Dh is struggling to find certain items when estimating/completing jobs due to a lack of many things like water heaters, furnaces, toilets, air conditioners and many other items. The supply chain is definitely struggling to keep up with demand.
I was looking at all the animatronic Halloween decorations online at Home Depot. When I was home in Florida in September the local sore was full of them. I may have went around and pushed them all to have a look....I will see if I can load them here for you to see.
I have to push all the buttons too :rotfl: That is the best part of looking at them!!!! I'm glad your ds and family were safe. It is scary when things like that happen in your backyard. We always think it won't happen close to us...and then boom.
Although did manage to order myself 2 dresses somehow........well, why not.
I did the same thing. I went to pick up a new blouse for my interview...and came out with 4 extra blouses, a pair of leggings/pants, and new necklace :blush: I am needing to replace some clothes...and was needing new work shirts. I was glad to have found so many in one store.
Yikes!!!! I'm glad you were safe! My sil's dog was the same way. He was terrified of thunder/fireworks etc. They always knew when storms were brewing.
I make more crumbles rather than crisps as don’t like oats in my strudel topping. House smells good as it has been out of the oven for about a half hour. Hehe, mid morning snack, some of that with the ice cream.
Yum!!!! I will eat either!!! Our favorite is a rhubarb/strawberry. Now I might have to dig into the freezer...I think I have one more bag of frozen fresh rhubarb I could whip into a quick crumble. Ice cream is already in the freezer as well. I think I'll be baking a quick one with supper tonight.

Well, I should run...it's almost lunch time.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

I'm glad the weekend is here. Completed the interview yesterday...I felt good when I left. I really hate those " situational" type answering. Oh well. It was an in-person interview. It was held in their board room with three people interviewing me :scared1: It would be a great place to work. My sister works for them in another province. Now to wait and see. I will hear back either way next week. I have had a few pokes ( looks ) at my Linkedin profile. So I'm wondering if I will hear from other places that I had applied to.

Work is slower today. Not many papers to shuffle today. I'm fending off a migraine...so I'll take a slower day. Hopefully this migraine doesn't mean a huge weather shift.

That sucks your water heater broke. At least you were able to replace it easily. I know that supply is low for those items. Dh is struggling to find certain items when estimating/completing jobs due to a lack of many things like water heaters, furnaces, toilets, air conditioners and many other items. The supply chain is definitely struggling to keep up with demand.

I have to push all the buttons too :rotfl: That is the best part of looking at them!!!! I'm glad your ds and family were safe. It is scary when things like that happen in your backyard. We always think it won't happen close to us...and then boom.

I did the same thing. I went to pick up a new blouse for my interview...and came out with 4 extra blouses, a pair of leggings/pants, and new necklace :blush: I am needing to replace some clothes...and was needing new work shirts. I was glad to have found so many in one store.

Yikes!!!! I'm glad you were safe! My sil's dog was the same way. He was terrified of thunder/fireworks etc. They always knew when storms were brewing.

Yum!!!! I will eat either!!! Our favorite is a rhubarb/strawberry. Now I might have to dig into the freezer...I think I have one more bag of frozen fresh rhubarb I could whip into a quick crumble. Ice cream is already in the freezer as well. I think I'll be baking a quick one with supper tonight.

Rhubarb crumble is Tom`s favourite, we used to have rhubarb grow aplenty in our old home, this area doesn`t seem to like it, so as long as it`s in season we get it fresh.

I love when you go into a store and find plenty you like! I always expect to find nothing, so I`m always pleased when I see loads of clothes I like.

Hope your migraine doesn`t get any worse, and best wishes you get the response you hope for with the job.

Curry was hot! But delicious, and very filling, so no need for any snacks later that`s for sure.

House is quiet right now with everyone out swimming, you still have to book a place, and Friday night is one of the quietest times so they like to go now. So, having a small after dinner cocktail.

Yay, nope days and days of birthdays celebrations is perfect, Paris.

Robo, how scary all that happened to grandson’s neighborhood. And ack, yep water on floor, new water heater needed. We had to do that a few years ago. Took some time to drain the old one. Great Halloween decor pictures. I’m seeing less and less of that decor, and the Christmas decor is starting to take up more of the shelves. I do like seeing neighbor yards decorated for Halloween. And a hehe, one has a very large blow up Mickey pumpkin head.

Dinner was good. And ooh a single pickle was left in the jar. Jar is now in the trash. And DH finished up what was left by the family. So, kitchen is now cleaned and closed for the night. Saw DH bought apples. Also saw we have some vanilla ice cream. Thinking of making an apple crumble, as not fond of pie shell, and well, crumble is easier to make and have a large loaf pan that will be perfect for it. Will be tomorrow morning’s adventure. Older one went grocery shopping for me, and brought back cherry danish. Ah, how nice is that? Sweet breakfast also tomorrow, as will go perfect with my morning tea.

Wahoo!

View attachment 615276

Yay for this too:
View attachment 615275

Ah yes tomorrow is a Friday. Start that Friday celebrating as soon as arising from a good night’s sleep.

Yay! Yay! Yay!
I bought 2 jars of pickles this week...been craving them. Uh oh...lol!!!

Hello again. I think I have calmed down a bit. I'm still angry though.

More bad news - the couple from church will not be getting a baby. The birth parents have changed their minds. Now they must go back to waiting again.

Love it! Tigers are another favorite animal. I also see a giant panda.

It looks like I am going to have to play the bad guy. My mom doesn't want to make waves in the family and my sister is being wishy washy. If it was just a little money I wouldn't care, but we're talking about several thousand dollars.

It's not looking good.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Hopefully I will have more to go on tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have an electrician coming to look at the weird wiring in my house. Hopefully he will be able to get everything working as it's supposed to.
I'm so sorry for that couple! I'm sure they are shattered and heartbroken...

Charade, hope you get the money issue sorted with your mum and as Keisha said, it is some kind of mistake, but doesn`t sound good. Yes, you and your sister need to take control there. I`m so sorry you`re all going through that right now, abuse of trust is despicable.

I`m so sorry for the couple adopting, must be heartbreaking for them.

Keisha.....yes, looks like it`s not doing well at all. I thought considering there`s not much being released now anyway, it would do ok, but it has the late afternoon showing and two evening options with one starting at 9.55pm!! Far too late for me......lol......

Adidas Kicks ....brings back memories........they were THE trainer to get around 1980/81. I remember being absolutely thrilled wearing them....that was today`s equivalent of a designer label......:rotfl:

Lori....yes, looking forward to reading them the story this morning, it`s only for an hour so not much out of my day. Hoping to get a walk in first, but wind outside sounds ominous.

Hey, I`m a huge believer in stretching out birthday celebrations.....why not!! Hope she has fun and she`ll have a lovely time with you both at the weekend.

And Lynne`s having apple crumble.........what a coincidence.....so did we!

Thought we might get out an early walk this morning before I head to the village for reading. But, winds are still not pleasant and still bloomin cold. Going to try and catch one of the ladies from the village and see if we can organise a Halloween kind of treasure hunt for the kids this year, a few of us will do everything but she needs to approve as we`ll use the church hall as a base. Thought maybe the Saturday as it`s the day before the day itself this year.

Made curry last night for tonight`s dinner, again, much prefer the flavours to be enhanced by cooking the day before, it`ll be lush!! Hot, spicy and a little sweet.

Breakfast is simple, with some toast and lunch is roasted butternut squash and sweet pepper soup I also made last night along with some bread....well, there was nothing on tv.......

i-XCtQBwd-Th.jpg

cv68-S.jpg

cv28-S.png

Happy Friday 😁

A Halloween treasure hunt sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you're all able to pull it off for the kiddos!

View attachment 615366

Yay. - Friday here. Yeah, DH was restless, so up way too early for me, but that’s okay, relaxing with my tea and the big tv remote. And while the heater is on, feels a bit cool, so a throw is over my legs.

Have a Fabulous one.
Disco kitty, love it!!

Oh those storms sound terrible!! Glad you're ok!

Just for you Janet!!!! DD did wear flannel! This gal knows how to dress for an occasion!
She was the highest scoring girl of the group. And the guy in the white shirt was the highest scoring guy.
(I think DD has a crush on him, shhh)

Keisha, I make more crumbles rather than crisps as don’t like oats in my strudel topping. House smells good as it has been out of the oven for about a half hour. Hehe, mid morning snack, some of that with the ice cream. Tasty. Bet your home is smelling good with that turkey cooking.

Ack, I think both kids are up, as I hear electronics being used. Think little one wants to go to that large mall today. Fine with me, as hoping not as busy on a week day. But as usual, we are probably going to get there in time to have lunch somewhere. And would you not know? There’s a Shake Shack on the way, and little one is fine with a burger and fries. Guess where I will be having my lunch? I could be wrong, as there’s also a Chick-fil-A on the way too.
Have a great mall day!

Glad you had no damage Janet, sounds ominous though being so close. Oh goodness dogs do know things don`t they.

Yes, I don`t think my feet would appreciate Adidas Kicks today......think P would kick my butt if I bought them lol......

Janet, crumble is very popular in the UK as a dessert with various fillings......the crumble is put on top of mixed stewed fruit like apples. Crumble mix is plain flour, butter that been chilled and diced, and caster sugar and crumbled together. You can pulse it in a food processor or do it by hand. then it gets sprinkled over the fruit to cook. Never seen it often in the US. Publix do a Dutch Apple Pie that has pasty and kind of crumble top. I sometimes add cinnamon to the crumble mix too.

Curious as to what kind of strudel call for oats as Lynne mentioned? Here any kind of streudel is filo pastry.

Had a lovely day here, not weather wise as it is still bloomin cold! Far too cold to walk.

But did nip to a farm store for fresh produce, then read to the kids and it was lovely. They adore being read to as all kids do, so it was a lot of fun. I read 3 stories and hope that we can get back to doing this regularly.

Will start dinner soon I think, everyone is going swimming tonight, not me, I`m going to settle with a book while they`re all out. Only Tom and I having curry, the other 2 don`t like it. Made some Naan breads this afternoon, stuffed with sugar, sultanas and ground almonds.
I love to go swimming on a cold night! Feels so good to warm up in the water...and then leave with a wet head of hair, lol!

Hey homies, hope you guys doing alright! Just popped on my phone briefly. Work has eaten a lot of my life since I started.

Charade sorry to hear about that news about your family!

I hope the rest of your Friday gets better and you all have a good weekend.
:flower3:

Fingers crossed on the interview!
Hope your migraine is better soon!

DDs night out with friends was 'a blast', according to her! They started with axe throwing, and then bar hopped all around the downtown.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this picture...
Back on the dreaded Bull!! The same bull where DD ended up with a broken finger on graduation week....
Thankfully, the night ended without incident....

Is it 4:30 yet. This day is dragging on.

Supper will be provided with my credit card and a phone call for delivery of something. I'm too tired to do anything else tonight.

Good new for us Canucks....the " avoid all unnecessary travel " was quietly removed today. Seems the others have even found travel insurance that will cover isolation costs, if we contract covid while travelling. This is such good news for many - who were unsure about travelling. Life seems to be returning to some sort of normal again.

Well...off to email one last item...then head home.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Good evening everyone. Busy and productive day today. We had an electrician come by this morning and fix some of our wiring problems. He also installed new porch lights.

I then went on a wild goose chase for trash bags. Our kitchen trash can is larger than normal, so the regular tall kitchen bags don't fit. Glad makes an extra long bag that we use. I used to buy them at Target, but our Target didn't have any. Neither did Walmart. I finally found them at Kroger.

I talked to my mom this afternoon and hopefully convinced her and my sister to hurry up and take care of POA and the her bank accounts.

Tonight dh and I went to our favorite local Italian restaurant. They were short staffed and completely packed (dh and I got the last available table). The wait staff was doing an amazing job of keeping up with the crowds and maintaining good attitudes. We made sure to mention this to the manager on our way out.

Oh no!. That's terrible. Dealing with family stuff is so hard. We had a lot of issues with my grandpa when he got alzheimer's. His wife, who had her own money and a prenuptial, took a bunch of his money and took power away from my uncle. He didn't go peacefully either. Her name still draws much cursing in our family. They had been married for like 20 years or something. Sometimes, it's so hard when family does bad things to you. I hope it gets resolved.
Thanks soniam. It's even worse with me being so far away. I am sorry your family had had to deal with a similar situation.

Charade, hope you get the money issue sorted with your mum and as Keisha said, it is some kind of mistake, but doesn`t sound good. Yes, you and your sister need to take control there. I`m so sorry you`re all going th
Thanks Schumi. At this point I really don't know what is going on. My mom doesn't want to make waves in the family and my sister doesn't want to be the bad guy. I never thought that I would have to be the one in charge.

That's scary. Glad you are okay and there was no serious damage.

I'm just hoping she hasn't spent any of the money.

Unfortunately I don't know the couple well enough to know if adoption is an option, but I suspect they have their hearts set on having a baby.

, I make more crumbles rather than crisps as don’t like oats in my strudel topping. House smells good as it has been out of the oven for about a half hour. Hehe, mid morning snack, some of that with the ice cream. Tasty. Bet your home is smelling good with that turkey cooking.
I used to have a really good apple crisp recipe from my short lived days as a Pampered Chef rep. I can't remember if it had oats in it or not.

Hi Disxuni!

I'm so sorry for that couple! I'm sure they are shattered and heartbroken...
They are very heartbroken. Her parents have come into town for consolation.

Good new for us Canucks....the " avoid all unnecessary travel " was quietly removed today. Seems the others have even found travel insurance that will cover isolation costs, if we contract covid while travelling. This is such good news for many - who were unsure about travelling. Life seems to be returning to some sort of normal again.
Great news!

Dh has gone to a movie, so I am trying to find something to watch on TV. Going to have a quiet night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter