• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??Southwest??

Does anyone know what type of planes Southwest uses to Orlando? The smallest I've flown is Delta Express 737, and I'd rather not fly on anything smaller than that! Thanks.

The only plane flies is a 737. Further information on this aircraft can be found on SWA's website.

sammi,
Always happy to help and I will be looking forward to your report.
I think you will like them, they are really fun. :)

Hi Sammi

I'm also glad to meet another Canadian.
We have never used the Niagara Airbus service.
We drive to Buffalo the night before and stay overnight in a hotel and take the airport shuttle in the morning.
The flight we were on wasn't completely full.
We had a great flight traveled with 4 month old and they were very helpful.
People with boarding passes did line up early. SWA had three lines at the gate one for each boarding pass A.B.C.
Hope this helps and I hope you have a great flight.

Thanks pooh!:)

I'm really starting to get excited about this trip as I am so, so sick of snow and cold!!!!;) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Like Gail, DH and I love flying SWA :)

LOL, you forgot the 4th and most infamous. The famous "preboarding" line.

On fights headed to Orlando, this "line" can sometimes be nearly half the passengers! (or at least it seems that way) :)

If the pre-boarding line is especially long we'll line up early with a "B". If we have an "A" we just sit and wait. We always get in line early if we happen to end up with a "C".

If we're in the last boarding group, I usually head to the back of the plane. We have always found seats together, no matter which boarding pass we had.

Have a great trip!

-Sharon

Just an FYI, they will allow the entire family to preboard, and before people with small children,

Here in Albany, only really immediate family may preboard..Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt and Uncle, along with friend of the family, still has to wait in line. But I noticed the pre-boarders spread all out to save the seats for the others.

We just purchased tickets to fly from Portland, OR to MCO. We won't have e-tickets, unless they send them to us. Is that something I should have requested when I purchased on line? I would like to use skycap, but might just have to go inside? Also, has anyone flown SWA from Portland to Orlando? Is there a lay over somewhere, or is it a direct flight?

We just purchased tickets to fly from Portland, OR to MCO. We won't have e-tickets, unless they send them to us. Is that something I should have requested when I purchased on line? I would like to use skycap, but might just have to go inside? Also, has anyone flown SWA from Portland to Orlando? Is there a lay over somewhere, or is it a direct flight?

When you purchased on-line, you should have received a confirmation #. You can retreive your flight schedule on SWA's website with that conf# You also should have receive an email titled "ticketless confirmation". It will show your flight information.

E-tickets are "paperless" so to speak, because you never receive an actual ticket. You need either your itinerary and a "security document" (available on the SWA website) or a boarding pass to go through security. If you check-in with the skycaps, bring your itinerary and they will issue your boarding passes.

Hope this helps, have a great trip.

- Sharon

Hi hopefully some one can help with this .. Very good prices now from Manchester to Tampa for June . I am a single parent traveling with a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old are we going to be able to sit together if they do not pre assign seats ????? Thanks Michelle

Originally posted by bigsis1970
Hi hopefully some one can help with this .. Very good prices now from Manchester to Tampa for June . I am a single parent traveling with a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old are we going to be able to sit together if they do not pre assign seats ????? Thanks Michelle

Most probably, yes. Try to get to the airport early so that you are in the "A" group to board. Your children are not young enough to qualify you for pre-boarding but you should be able to find seats together if you board with the "A" group. Plus, most people are willing to move to let parents sit next to their children.

I wouldn't let a good fare pass me by! Grab it.

Peggy

If I understand its 3 isle then 3 so hopefully we will be ok... Thanks Michelle

Here in Albany, only really immediate family may preboard..Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt and Uncle, along with friend of the family, still has to wait in line. But I noticed the pre-boarders spread all out to save the seats for the others.

You are correct, I should have phrased it differently.

If you check-in with the skycaps, bring your itinerary and they will issue your boarding passes.

And...please, remember to tip the skycaps. That is how they earn their money. Too many people don't even bother, they just use it for a convienant way to get a boarding pass, this is just and FYI and not an accusation. :)

Also, has anyone flown SWA from Portland to Orlando? Is there a lay over somewhere, or is it a direct flight?

Your itenarary will tell you if it is direct or with stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter