• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??Southwest??

Hi hopefully some one can help with this .. Very good prices now from Manchester to Tampa for June . I am a single parent traveling with a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old are we going to be able to sit together if they do not pre assign seats ????? Thanks Michelle

The probability is high, but, realize, they FAs will not make someone move to accomodate you. As previously advised, get there early and you should be fine.

Yes, the plane is 3 seats, aisle, 3 seats.

Well. I went with ATA same fare, but assigned seats.

It was funny how the fares went from $256 to $181 right after SWA posted their fares!

Thanks Gail for all the information you have given everyone!!:D

Gail has been so helpful to me over the last couple of years and I for one appreciate her being around!:wave: :sunny: :wave: :sunny:

Thanks Gail for the Info.. but i missed the fares..!!! needless to say I am very angry at myself..@@@@@@@ Michelle

One thing to keep in mind when flying SWA is the connection. For instance, DH and I got to the airport in Detroit 2 hours early and we got an "A" boarding card. We changed planes in Nashville to LAX and by the time we landed ata BNA , and got to the next gate, we were in the "C" group. It was not a big problem for DH and me, since we are both adults, but it is something to consider when flying SWA. That being said, I am still a Rapid Rewards member of SWA and love to fly them.

If you notice on your information SWA sends out or on the website, it will tell you if you are changing planes or just stopping to drop off and pick up passengers.

Also, I have flown on a couple of SWA flights that the Gate Attendant has said there will be NO preboarding of families with small children since the plane was almost full of families.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

Hi hopefully some one can help with this .. Very good prices now from Manchester to Tampa for June . I am a single parent traveling with a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old are we going to be able to sit together if they do not pre assign seats ????? Thanks Michelle

Your best bet is to get there early-- and you should be fine. I have been on a couple of flights where a parent and child arrived after most everyone had already boarded the flight. The flight attendant got on the PA and asked for volunteers so that parent and child could sit together (she offered a free drink if of age or a kiss if under age--it was pretty funny--she got her volunteers, too. :) ).

-DC :)

LOL DC that's such a cute story and the FA's on Southwest sound so nice.:)

I'm really looking forward to our upcoming flight.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

LOL DC that's such a cute story and the FA's on Southwest sound so nice.
They can be a real hoot, the FA on the flight back on the 8th of this month had my hysterical. He was sooooo funny!!!! It is nice to see a business that can have fun and fly safely too.

Geesh I'll have to watch out for my DH on our flights, because he'll give up his seat in a heartbeat if there's a pretty young FA ready to give him a kiss!!!!:teeth: :teeth:

LOL, Sammi,
He will only get a drink, you have to be underage for the kiss. ;)

On our flight from Baltimore to Orlando, the flight attendant bought both Dee and I a drink and sat with us for a long time, getting up, of course, when a pax needed something. She was very nice. Most of them have super personalities.

LOL Gail I'm sure he'll be wishing he was young again!;) :p

Something I forgot to ask you.......do they show a movie on their flights or have radio etc. to listen to via headphones?:confused: :)

Hi Sammi

I can answer that for you.
No they don't show movies or have radios to listen to.
Our flight was from Buffalo to Orlando

Hi Gail!

I agree we flew Southwest for the first time in Nov. and they were great so were the fares. Great flight attendants they were very helpful
even when they were exstemly tired from long shifts. We met our flight crew on the shuttle back to the hotel they were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter