Space 220 opening

Glad to see work restarting.
Hopefully, it opens in the near future. but anyone's guess how the interior is coming along.

Any chance Disney is specifically delaying certain openings like Space 220 until next year so they claim its all part of the 50th celebration, especially since some of the 50th plans have been scraped.

Any chance Disney is specifically delaying certain openings like Space 220 until next year so they claim its all part of the 50th celebration, especially since some of the 50th plans have been scraped.
It’s possible. For example Ratatouille will be done in 6-8 weeks according to reliable insiders but no date has been announced supposedly in large part because Disney isn’t sure if now is the right time to open it.

Space 220 has had a litany of problems from construction problems to the intended operating company declaring bankruptcy to issues around chefs, not to mention the need to put people into an elevator to properly do the experience. So I’m not sure that’s what’s going on here, but it’s certainly possible.

New attractions are built to attract larger crowds. Probably waiting until they can take advantage of those larger crowds.

That would be a smart plan on their part... don’t give them any ideas 😂.

I’m actually not sure if they could completely control the opening date since it’s not Disney owned. But I could see the restaurant wanting to wait til they can seat at close to full capacity before training staff and opening.

Could be an issue with certain union workers where certain positions have to be posted internally first and filled with union workers. Guess time will tell, huh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter