Spirit Airlines (Help with Advice)

SAKPEG99OKW

The only thing better then one week at WDW is TWO
Please help. Anybody ever flown Spirit. Going to WDW in November and all the major carriers prices are thru the roof for non-stops. Spirit has some great rates, but I have never flown them, how are they?, Safe?, Clean?, on time?.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

Scott, Peg and Tyler

We have flown Spirit out of AC once or twice a year to orlando and Ft. Lauderdale. We've had no problems in and out of Orlando - found them clean, friendly and usually on time. Once we had to turn around because wheel door wouldn't shut - we made a 'supervised' landing (fire trucks, etc.) and they put us on another plane right away. Another time we were delayed about an hour because they announced that the stewardess was ill and we had to wait for a replacement stewardess to get in to work - they kept updating us on her position coming down the parkway - kind of strange, but it's a rather small operation! Out of all the flights I've taken that's not bad. It's no frills flying - mini bag of nuts or pretzels and soda served. We're flying them again in Aug -we can't beat the convenience of such a close airport!

I love 'em! I had a great experience with them in December. Good prices, clean and the best crew I've ever experienced--both their cabin crew and their check-in desk workers. One of the cabin crew spent much of the time on the microphone telling jokes--he was hilarious! And all of attendants spent a lot of time interacting with everyone, which was a nice change.

I've got three flights lined up for this year with them. Other airlines out of O'Hare are much more expensive, which is why I chose Spirit to begin with. And now I plan to stick with them!!

We've flown Spirit several times out of Detroit to MCO, and are doing it again in October. Aside from our very first flight several years ago (it was late on both legs, mostly due to the fact that Spirit was leasing gates from Northwest and had gotten bumped from several gates), we've always had good service and been on time. The flight crews have also been above average.

I will add that they are serious about passengers arriving on time at the gates (at least in Detroit) -- on our last trip, we witnessed at least 12 people miss their plane to New York due to being 10 min. late for boarding. Oy -- what a scene that was! ;)

Guy's thanks for all the great info. I think the DW and I will take a chance on them. You all made our decision very easy.

Thanks again.

Scott, Peg and Tyler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter