STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I wonder how long the "transport" to Galaxy's Edge will take. It looks like it'll be less than a minute ride in a bus but if it's really an "experience" that seems awfully short.

It looks like it'll be less than a minute ride in a bus but if it's really an "experience" that seems awfully short.
IMO, I don't think it's supposed to be an "experience" as much as they simply need a way to get people from the hotel over to GE, so in order to not ruin the theme/concept, they disguise a bus as a "transport" that takes you from the ship down to the Batuu. There may some level of "experience" with the short trip, but in reality it's just meant to keep up with the star cruiser story line versus telling people "you're taking a bus to a theme park", lol.

IMO, I don't think it's supposed to be an "experience" as much as they simply need a way to get people from the hotel over to GE, so in order to not ruin the theme/concept, they disguise a bus as a "transport" that takes you from the ship down to the Batuu. There may some level of "experience" with the short trip, but in reality it's just meant to keep up with the star cruiser story line versus telling people "you're taking a bus to a theme park", lol.
They could just do donuts in the parking lot for 5 minutes while making us watch Lady Rex (I forget her designation) and our video screens ;).

I don’t doubt the website probably showed March-May sold out when that blog reported it (as I have seen that too), but IMO from watching it over the last few weeks, availability seems to be moving around all over the place quite a bit. Either Disney’s website is wonky, people are changing/modifying a lot, or probably some combo of both.

Eg, this is what it shows right now. Of course there could just be one room behind any of those dates.

7C5969B6-B03F-4A1D-8E60-A1B32BA8EF7C.jpeg

I don’t doubt the website probably showed March-May sold out when that blog reported it (as I have seen that too), but IMO from watching it over the last few weeks, availability seems to be moving around all over the place quite a bit. Either Disney’s website is wonky, people are changing/modifying a lot, or probably some combo of both.

Eg, this is what it shows right now. Of course there could just be one room behind any of those dates.

I just called to check on what's available for a certain date, and the lady told me people are cancelling left and right.

They might have a lot of cancellations but they've got more people booking right behind them. March and April are showing as sold out again with May having only 1 voyage open.

I think it's weird that there's so much churn so quickly. I'd expect a cancellation wave to occur just before the 90 day mark is due but why would people wait on the phone for hours to book this thing then turn around and cancel it a week or two later? Doesn't make much sense to me.

They might have a lot of cancellations but they've got more people booking right behind them. March and April are showing as sold out again with May having only 1 voyage open.

I think it's weird that there's so much churn so quickly. I'd expect a cancellation wave to occur just before the 90 day mark is due but why would people wait on the phone for hours to book this thing then turn around and cancel it a week or two later? Doesn't make much sense to me.
People booking first and checking with spouse and others traveling second. dates might not work. Spouse might not agree with a 10 day vacation becoming 2 ights on starcruiser

Last edited:

I wonder how much “panic booking” occurred with those that could book early. Perhaps a “book it and figure it out later” mentality just in case the thing became a runaway sellout through September. And some who could book early only had certain date windows available to book, so maybe for some that wasn’t their first choice of dates but they booked and later adjusted.

Who knows I guess. I do know for me there was a certain level of panic/don’t have time to think/just book it in my head.

I know a friend of mine was originally booked for April date, but wanted March...he noticed the other day some March dates while checking the website...he called and changed his date. I wonder if that is happening also.

We booked June 7 through Dreams (Elaine is awesome) and wanted to combine it with a three night cruise on the Dream, but the dates didn’t work out so we’ll have to do tw/o sewerage trips. I know ….boo hoo, 😂. its a splurge for sure, and I didn’t think we’d do it but If the past two years have taught me anything, it’s do it now for the opportunity may never come again. I kind of think this whole concept will be retooled after the first 6 months or so. So go now, because it may not last.

We booked June 7 through Dreams (Elaine is awesome) and wanted to combine it with a three night cruise on the Dream, but the dates didn’t work out so we’ll have to do tw/o sewerage trips. I know ….boo hoo, 😂. its a splurge for sure, and I didn’t think we’d do it but If the past two years have taught me anything, it’s do it now for the opportunity may never come again. I kind of think this whole concept will be retooled after the first 6 months or so. So go now, because it may not last.
I agree. I convinced my friends who really want to go that we better do it in the first six months in case they revamp the experience. How quickly did the overall experience degrade within Galaxy's Edge? They got rid of a lot of the less known characters like Vi, most of the cast members no longer act like they have special jobs or secret back stories, the datapad stuff is barely advertised, and it just feels less like visiting another world. If they start out strong with awesome interesting story lines and discover they can whittle away at the experience and folks will still pay like 6 to 10 grand for 2 days for a family or friend group they'll do it. I feel like it'll end up being just a super unique hotel room in 2 years. I could be wrong and they could be writing new storylines like they did on Westworld. I hope I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter